Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woolfenden 17:27 - Aug 12 with 3133 viewsHerbivore

My word, what a player.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Woolfenden on 17:31 - Aug 12 with 3076 viewsBlueBadger

Yes, but he's not strong enough to deal wit the Championship or something.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Woolfenden on 17:33 - Aug 12 with 3043 viewspositivity

Woolfenden on 17:31 - Aug 12 by BlueBadger

great to see our 3 championship survivors doing good work today

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Woolfenden on 17:34 - Aug 12 with 3026 viewsN2_Blue

Absolutely. Probably best game I’ve seen him play. Read everything, didn’t miss a thing and utterly comfortable. An absolute Rolls Royce of a player today.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Woolfenden on 17:42 - Aug 12 with 2930 viewsjudespiveyg

For all the talk about a new centre half Woolfenden and Burgess look absolutely at home in this division.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Woolfenden on 17:44 - Aug 12 with 2891 viewsHerbivore

Woolfenden on 17:42 - Aug 12 by judespiveyg

For all the talk about a new centre half Woolfenden and Burgess look absolutely at home in this division.

Burgess had a couple of small moments first half but was superb after the break. Woolfenden was just brilliant though, not just his quality on the ball but his reading of the game and his one on one defending too. We could do with another CB but at this point I'd be fine with it being cover rather than a starter.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 17:53]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Woolfenden on 17:49 - Aug 12 with 2826 viewsStewart27

Nah. Too laid back.
Sensational performance today and a goal (n/t) on 17:49 - Aug 12 with 2823 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Woolfenden on 17:50 - Aug 12 with 2814 viewsBloomBlue

Total class.

I know it's only 2 games, but he looks more comfortable in the Championship than he did in League1

All I would say is enjoy him this season because he is going to get a massive club move if he continues this form.
Login to get fewer ads

Woolfenden on 23:14 - Aug 12 with 2420 viewsketton_itfc

Woolfenden on 17:44 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

Burgess had a couple of small moments first half but was superb after the break. Woolfenden was just brilliant though, not just his quality on the ball but his reading of the game and his one on one defending too. We could do with another CB but at this point I'd be fine with it being cover rather than a starter.

Burgess looks every inch a Championship defender, his game has come on leaps and bound under KMc, looks much more comfortable with the ball at his feet, even striding out from the back into midfield after a turnover in play. That 750k starting to looking a bargain now.
Woolfenden on 00:06 - Aug 13 with 2212 viewsTresBonne

Woolfenden on 17:50 - Aug 12 by BloomBlue

Total class.

I know it's only 2 games, but he looks more comfortable in the Championship than he did in League1

All I would say is enjoy him this season because he is going to get a massive club move if he continues this form.

He's got a move to Brighton written all over him one day.
Woolfenden on 08:10 - Aug 13 with 1773 viewsDJR

Woolfenden on 17:34 - Aug 12 by N2_Blue

Absolutely. Probably best game I’ve seen him play. Read everything, didn’t miss a thing and utterly comfortable. An absolute Rolls Royce of a player today.

I think he is always a Rolls Royce, it's just that a lot of what he does is often a little bit under the radar. And today showed he can compete in the air even against a giant of a striker.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 8:11]
Woolfenden on 08:13 - Aug 13 with 1750 viewsDJR

Woolfenden on 17:33 - Aug 12 by positivity

great to see our 3 championship survivors doing good work today

Absolutely, especially as they have been written off at times by mangers and come in for undue criticism on TWTD.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 9:38]
Woolfenden on 09:36 - Aug 13 with 1523 viewsArnieM

I’m a convert ….. by ArnieM 12 Aug 2023 17:32
Today I thought he was absolutely magnificent.

A top top defensive performance from young Woolfie and lovely goal from him too.

He’s proved me wrong … and I’m 100% happy with that. He’s shown he can step up a level. I now have confidence in him and against the Stoke thugs today he stood his ground.

MAG
NIF
ICIENT

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Woolfenden on 09:53 - Aug 13 with 1468 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The same as Cameron Humphreys.

I am sure he needs to continue to be brought through gradually as McKenna will do, but I am also sure that the pair of them will play in the Premier League (as long as nothing unexpected in terms of injury etc prevents it).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Woolfenden on 10:03 - Aug 13 with 1430 viewsKeno

Total class.

Reminds me of what Chambo said about him

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Woolfenden on 10:07 - Aug 13 with 1410 viewsSimonds92

Woolfenden on 09:53 - Aug 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

The same as Cameron Humphreys.

I am sure he needs to continue to be brought through gradually as McKenna will do, but I am also sure that the pair of them will play in the Premier League (as long as nothing unexpected in terms of injury etc prevents it).

Its not the same as Cameron Humphreys. He had a prolonged spell in the team last season and showed some really great moments but also went missing on occasions. Luongo has since demonstrated the level you need to be at to be competitive at this level. If we didnt bring in Luongo in January we could well have been playing someone like Stevenage yesterday. That isnt to say CM cant play the odd game but he ideally needs to develop on loan this season.

Regarding Woolfenden yesterday, thats probably the best performance we've had by a CB for 5 years. Absolutely unreal performance.
Woolfenden on 10:17 - Aug 13 with 1369 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Woolfenden on 10:07 - Aug 13 by Simonds92

Its not the same as Cameron Humphreys. He had a prolonged spell in the team last season and showed some really great moments but also went missing on occasions. Luongo has since demonstrated the level you need to be at to be competitive at this level. If we didnt bring in Luongo in January we could well have been playing someone like Stevenage yesterday. That isnt to say CM cant play the odd game but he ideally needs to develop on loan this season.

Regarding Woolfenden yesterday, thats probably the best performance we've had by a CB for 5 years. Absolutely unreal performance.

The comment I was replying to is: "he's not strong enough to deal wit the Championship or something" which has been stated about Humphreys. For both players, they develop physically and there may have been an element of truth at stages where they are not as physically developed.

I was not saying everything about both players is the same. I think it is clear that the Woolfenden of 2 seasons ago was not ready to play week-in week-out in the Championship. Likewise neither is Humphreys right now. However, Woolfenden is now and Humphreys will be before long too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Woolfenden on 10:19 - Aug 13 with 1359 viewsPique

Woolfenden on 17:44 - Aug 12 by Herbivore

I'm thinking the same thing. Thought a new centre back was a top priority at the start of the summer, but I'd now be more than happy with Woolfenden and Burgess as starters, Edmundson and Baggott as cover and bringing in a Keogh/Cathcart experienced type older player for a bit of extra cover.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 10:19]
Woolfenden on 10:19 - Aug 13 with 1347 viewsDarkHorse

Woolfenden on 10:03 - Aug 13 by Keno

Reminds me of what Chambo said about him

Exactly what I thought. Plays to his level.
Woolfenden on 10:23 - Aug 13 with 1313 viewsPique

Total class.

Hopefully no need for a move - if we can go up this season I'm pretty sure he'd stay!
Woolfenden on 10:42 - Aug 13 with 1254 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Noticeable Bloots and all the other ‘he only kept clean sheets because it was the third division’ are quiet today (and after Sunderland). Woolfie was always capable of a step up to Championship.

Burgess is quite the surprise to me, I thought at one point he wasn’t even good enough for a top L1 side before we went on ‘that run’. Someone must be doing some coaching….
Absolutely fookin ridiculous on 10:49 - Aug 13 with 1229 viewsDyland

So good. Just absurd, really. I was assuming Davis was the one to go for silly money to help us strengthen, but if Luke carries on like yesterday he'll be worth £20m ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What are you on about you clown…? on 11:10 - Aug 13 with 1198 viewsBloots

Woolfenden on 10:42 - Aug 13 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Noticeable Bloots and all the other ‘he only kept clean sheets because it was the third division’ are quiet today (and after Sunderland). Woolfie was always capable of a step up to Championship.

Burgess is quite the surprise to me, I thought at one point he wasn’t even good enough for a top L1 side before we went on ‘that run’. Someone must be doing some coaching….

….pretty sure the only time I’ve mentioned Woolfenden was when I said he was largely unproven at Championship level, it wasn’t guaranteed that he would step up, but that I expected he would.

Don’t make things up and claim I said them just to try and get likes.

I know I’m a legend, but it’s a bit sad really.

Just enjoy the excellent performance yesterday.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024