Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday 23:07 - Aug 16 with 6946 viewsMaySixth

horrific Norwich challenge apparently

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 00:04 - Aug 17 with 5438 viewsLord_Lucan

The Pride thing seems to be going on forever this year, especially in the capital.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 0:04]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 01:03 - Aug 17 with 5336 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 00:04 - Aug 17 by Lord_Lucan

The Pride thing seems to be going on forever this year, especially in the capital.

It will be interesting to see which QPR legends are in the crowd.

Will Les be in?

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 01:08 - Aug 17 with 5316 viewsLord_Lucan

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 01:03 - Aug 17 by ArnoldMoorhen

Will Les be in?

I loved Les but he vandalised Peter Perves's garden area.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 1:08]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 01:15 - Aug 17 with 5310 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 01:08 - Aug 17 by Lord_Lucan

I loved Les but he vandalised Peter Perves's garden area.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 1:08]

Did you get my follow up pun to yours?

On the subject of the Blue Peter Garden urban legend, doesn't the story add that Les was accompanied by Dennis Wise?
Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 01:27 - Aug 17 with 5297 viewsLord_Lucan

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 01:15 - Aug 17 by ArnoldMoorhen

On the subject of the Blue Peter Garden urban legend, doesn't the story add that Les was accompanied by Dennis Wise?

Yes of course I got your follow up pun, I went to a grammar school dear boy.

Not sure about Wise, in fact I think Sir Les might have been a Chinese Whisper gone mad.

While on the subject of Blue Peter though, you have to admire John Noakes scaling Nelsons Column on a ladder in his day to day shoes. Apparently he did this twice as the camera failed on the first take.

In my opinion John Noakes demonstrates the difference between good old fashioned folk and lazy bastards and communists.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 2:33]

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 06:19 - Aug 17 with 4910 viewsNthQldITFC

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 00:04 - Aug 17 by Lord_Lucan

That's the Upper Class branch is it not? Does one pronounce it "Linn-dun" or "Line-dun", would one say?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 08:28 - Aug 17 with 4248 viewsGeoffSentence

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 01:15 - Aug 17 by ArnoldMoorhen

How did little old Dennis get over that wall?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 08:32 - Aug 17 with 4203 viewsGeoffSentence

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 01:27 - Aug 17 by Lord_Lucan

Not sure about Wise, in fact I think Sir Les might have been a Chinese Whisper gone mad.

While on the subject of Blue Peter though, you have to admire John Noakes scaling Nelsons Column on a ladder in his day to day shoes. Apparently he did this twice as the camera failed on the first take.

In my opinion John Noakes demonstrates the difference between good old fashioned folk and lazy bastards and communists.

Feck me, watching that made my balls shrink to the size of raisins. He did that without any safety equipment. Where was his hard hat? Nice of them to rope him up once he'd done the hard bit though.

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 08:42 - Aug 17 with 4145 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Will Les be in?

Christ, are you two really having a laugh about the words "dyke" and "les"? Are you 12 and in a parallel universe where it's still the 1970s?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 08:56 - Aug 17 with 4020 viewsDarth_Koont

Part of me is a little disappointed as would be interesting to see how Woolfenden and Burgess deal with Dykes.

But he’s been so good for Scotland and the shape of that particular team his absence should give us a big lift.

Pronouns: He/Him

arfs on 09:01 - Aug 17 with 3977 viewsDyland

"... the difference between good old fashioned folk and lazy bastards and communists"

That's rather uninclusive Lucers old bean. Why can't commies and lazy bastards also be old fashioned?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 09:15 - Aug 17 with 3827 viewsSheffordBlue

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 08:56 - Aug 17 by Darth_Koont

Part of me is a little disappointed as would be interesting to see how Woolfenden and Burgess deal with Dykes.

But he’s been so good for Scotland and the shape of that particular team his absence should give us a big lift.

Ainsworth suggests here it's not as bad as first thought and hopeful for Saturday:

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 09:16 - Aug 17 with 3817 viewsGuthrum

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 08:32 - Aug 17 by GeoffSentence

Feck me, watching that made my balls shrink to the size of raisins. He did that without any safety equipment. Where was his hard hat? Nice of them to rope him up once he'd done the hard bit though.

Not sure a hard hat would have been of any great help from that height.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 09:53 - Aug 17 with 3633 viewsLord_Lucan

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 08:42 - Aug 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Christ, are you two really having a laugh about the words "dyke" and "les"? Are you 12 and in a parallel universe where it's still the 1970s?

Yes, I am an infantile tw4t.

I was 12 in the 70's when we won the FA Cup so yes, I wish I was in a parallel universe.

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 09:56 - Aug 17 with 3605 viewsDarth_Koont

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 09:15 - Aug 17 by SheffordBlue

Ainsworth suggests here it's not as bad as first thought and hopeful for Saturday:

Must admit that’s a relief from a Scotland perspective and the September qualifiers.

Hopefully Ainsworth won’t risk him if there’s a niggle now.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 09:56 - Aug 17 with 3598 viewsTractorBrew

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 09:53 - Aug 17 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, I am an infantile tw4t.

I was 12 in the 70's when we won the FA Cup so yes, I wish I was in a parallel universe.

Or made reference to the Thames Barrier, that's a different kind of Lyndon Dyke sort of? Much more politically correct, maybe factually ambiguous
Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 10:05 - Aug 17 with 3491 viewsStewart27

Will Les be in?

QPR are set to announce the loan signing of Idrissa Gueye in time for the weekend.
Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 10:11 - Aug 17 with 3441 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 08:32 - Aug 17 by GeoffSentence

If you want to feel your balls shrink to the size of grape pips.

[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 10:14]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 10:13 - Aug 17 with 3426 viewsblueasfook

Board police are here

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 10:15 - Aug 17 with 3388 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Just wordplay. That's all it is. Like the "Samantha" bits on "I'm sorry I haven't a Clue".

No graphic descriptions, no sneering, no comments about appearances. No punching down. Just wordplay.

Are you saying that all wordplay should be banned?
Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 10:17 - Aug 17 with 3355 viewsGeoffSentence

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 10:11 - Aug 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

If you want to feel your balls shrink to the size of grape pips.

[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 10:14]

He had work boots, safety goggles and a flat cap on. Properly decked out in safety equipment. The softy.

As an aside, how did they get the ladder up there in the first place. The bloke who did that must have been a proper nutjob.

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 10:21 - Aug 17 with 3308 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 10:17 - Aug 17 by GeoffSentence

He had work boots, safety goggles and a flat cap on. Properly decked out in safety equipment. The softy.

As an aside, how did they get the ladder up there in the first place. The bloke who did that must have been a proper nutjob.

I give you. Fred Dibnah.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 10:23 - Aug 17 with 3281 viewsKTBlue

Bloody hell, that is mental
Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 10:24 - Aug 17 with 3255 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 10:17 - Aug 17 by GeoffSentence

He carried it up, with the second rung over his left shoulder, and the heavy lashing rope coiled over his right.

Leaving him about 60% mobility in his arms to complete the climb.

Liek you say, proper nut job.
Lyndon Dykes out for QPR this Saturday on 10:25 - Aug 17 with 3250 viewsMaySixth

Will Les be in?

They hate him

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024