Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer business 14:38 - Aug 17 with 7606 viewstractorboy1978

From EADT - "On signings - Town can be selective. Had 24 outfield players training, he'd trust any to play this weekend. In that way, they're in a better position than a lot of squads.

He does, however, feel like "quality players" need to be added to the group, but the pool of targets isn't huge. Hoping to make signings in the next couple of weeks, but happy with the squad."

Sounds like we are going to wait on our 'high end' top targets right until the latter stages of the window and if we don't get them then we will go with what we have.
Transfer business on 14:40 - Aug 17 with 5090 viewsGeoffSentence

I'm happy with that. No point in bringing players in if they aren't an improvement on what we have.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Transfer business on 14:45 - Aug 17 with 4997 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Not ideal. Hopefully we can keep this good run going and be in a favourable position towards the end of the window, that should help us to become an even more attractive destination for top loan players.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Transfer business on 14:58 - Aug 17 with 4835 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Right now we need an experienced Goalkeeper (half season loan?) to cover for when Walton is back, just in case Hladky's form drips, a centre half and another forward, all with Championship experience to mix in the current group. We do not need any more midfielders.
Transfer business on 15:07 - Aug 17 with 4744 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Transfer business on 14:58 - Aug 17 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Right now we need an experienced Goalkeeper (half season loan?) to cover for when Walton is back, just in case Hladky's form drips, a centre half and another forward, all with Championship experience to mix in the current group. We do not need any more midfielders.

I’m still not convinced we have quality cover for Broadhead or Choppers should they get injured. Harness had a great cameo but is he good enough to be first 11 for an extended period (and make an impact rather than just do a job)? Nobody else can run at defenders and open them up as well as Broady. Be happy to see TJJ back in that regard. Hutchinson has lots of raw talent, but looks more like an impact sub at this stage.
Transfer business on 15:08 - Aug 17 with 4708 viewschicoazul

Right now our squad is weaker than last season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Transfer business on 15:08 - Aug 17 with 4714 viewsburnbudgiesburn

I don't see us getting another gk in and using up a space in the squad unless we are prepared to leave Walton out of the 25 man list until January.
Transfer business on 15:08 - Aug 17 with 4715 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Transfer business on 15:07 - Aug 17 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I’m still not convinced we have quality cover for Broadhead or Choppers should they get injured. Harness had a great cameo but is he good enough to be first 11 for an extended period (and make an impact rather than just do a job)? Nobody else can run at defenders and open them up as well as Broady. Be happy to see TJJ back in that regard. Hutchinson has lots of raw talent, but looks more like an impact sub at this stage.

We need Rak Sakyi ideally

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Transfer business on 15:13 - Aug 17 with 4614 viewsthe_toff

Think they're fair comments. It's not a numbers game for us, it's not a case of filling gaps. We've got a well balanced squad, it's just going to be a case of upgrading when players become available at the right price. No panic.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer business on 15:14 - Aug 17 with 4594 viewsBiGDonnie

Transfer business on 14:40 - Aug 17 by GeoffSentence

I'm happy with that. No point in bringing players in if they aren't an improvement on what we have.

Agreed. This lot have shown they can win games at his level.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Transfer business on 15:15 - Aug 17 with 4602 viewsSheffordBlue

Transfer business on 15:08 - Aug 17 by burnbudgiesburn

I don't see us getting another gk in and using up a space in the squad unless we are prepared to leave Walton out of the 25 man list until January.

McKenna's has said he's on track for his recovery which was initially put at about 7 weeks. That could see him back for one of the fixtures after the international break - that's assuming Hladky isn't keeping him out of the squad by then!

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Transfer business on 15:15 - Aug 17 with 4599 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Transfer business on 15:07 - Aug 17 by SuperKieranMcKenna

You are not going to get the same quality as Broadhead to 'cover' him. There aren't any champ squads with the same quality throughout the 25.

I think Harness is as good a back up as you are realistically going to get, and McKenna seems to rate him.

I thought TJJ did 'ok' but wouldn't be averse to him rejoining on a loan or a nominal fee as you feel he'd be happy enough to come on in games with the occasional start.
Transfer business on 15:16 - Aug 17 with 4581 viewspointofblue

For me, we need a centre back, winger and striker. We do not have have adequate cover in any of those areas IMO. Kongolo, Rak-Sakyi and John-Jules? The former two would really offer something to the squad. Have questions around TJJ but, if McKenna wants him, then that:s the important thing.

ETA - Do not rather than do.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 15:51]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Transfer business on 15:16 - Aug 17 with 4584 viewsthe_toff

Transfer business on 15:08 - Aug 17 by chicoazul

How come?
Transfer business on 15:17 - Aug 17 with 4576 viewsBobbychase

Transfer business on 14:40 - Aug 17 by GeoffSentence

Exactly. There is zero point if having bodies in if they don't improve us in the same way Broadhead, Hirst and Luongo have done

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Transfer business on 15:20 - Aug 17 with 4547 viewsthe_toff

Aluko still feels like a weird one to have kept on for me. He'll hardly get a kick this season so might as well have saved on his wages and kept the squad place free. Especially as it's an area where we have so many options. I would think Harness, Chaplin, Broadhead, Hutchinson and even Taylor would start there ahead of him. Not to mention Edwards who is still here and you might even put young Humphreys there, albeit further forward than we've been used to seeing him.
Transfer business on 15:20 - Aug 17 with 4535 viewsBiGDonnie

Transfer business on 15:08 - Aug 17 by chicoazul

Go on then, I'll bite, how is our squad weaker than last season?

COYBs

Transfer business on 15:22 - Aug 17 with 4500 viewsGavTWTD

Transfer business on 15:16 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

For me, we need a centre back, winger and striker. We do not have have adequate cover in any of those areas IMO. Kongolo, Rak-Sakyi and John-Jules? The former two would really offer something to the squad. Have questions around TJJ but, if McKenna wants him, then that:s the important thing.

ETA - Do not rather than do.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 15:51]

We need to replace Keogh, that's a minimum in my book.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Transfer business on 15:26 - Aug 17 with 4446 viewsLikenoother

Do we not have European scouts?, seem to be looking in the UK only and no where else, sure there are plenty of players if the search is widened.
Transfer business on 15:29 - Aug 17 with 4375 viewschicoazul

Transfer business on 15:20 - Aug 17 by BiGDonnie

Go on then, I'll bite, how is our squad weaker than last season?

No Keogh no TJJ no Walton (currently).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Transfer business on 15:42 - Aug 17 with 4256 viewsBiGDonnie

Transfer business on 15:29 - Aug 17 by chicoazul

Waltons still in the squad, and we've signed a promising youngster in Slicker. Keogh was basically a coach and TJJ was injured for more than half the season FFS.

Not sure why a couple of upvoted your ridiculous post either.

You're clutching.

COYBs

Transfer business on 15:45 - Aug 17 with 4234 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Transfer business on 15:29 - Aug 17 by chicoazul

Hutch replaces TJJ.

Keogh hardly played. Baggott has returned and covers that off.

Slicker is in so we are well covered in the GK department.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Transfer business on 15:49 - Aug 17 with 4179 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Transfer business on 15:42 - Aug 17 by BiGDonnie

Waltons still in the squad, and we've signed a promising youngster in Slicker. Keogh was basically a coach and TJJ was injured for more than half the season FFS.

You're clutching.

He literally sh@t the bed with the worst POTY: “We aren’t even going to make the playoffs”.

I’d take his insights with a pinch of salt.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 15:50]
Vincent-Young......? on 15:50 - Aug 17 with 4163 viewsBloots

Transfer business on 15:42 - Aug 17 by BiGDonnie

You're clutching.

....Slicker is just a replacement for Coleman.

Hirst was already here and Taylor is a replacement for Camara.

I wouldn't say we are particularly weaker, but we certainly aren't stronger despite moving to a stronger league.

We need additions, you can't judge our prospects on two league matches.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Transfer business on 15:55 - Aug 17 with 4070 viewsLankHenners

Pretty much the same it's been the whole time then but with less time to get players in.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Vincent-Young......? on 15:57 - Aug 17 with 4038 viewsBiGDonnie

Vincent-Young......? on 15:50 - Aug 17 by Bloots

....Slicker is just a replacement for Coleman.

Hirst was already here and Taylor is a replacement for Camara.

I wouldn't say we are particularly weaker, but we certainly aren't stronger despite moving to a stronger league.

We need additions, you can't judge our prospects on two league matches.

Vincent young played about 4 minutes of football for us last season.

Agreed we need a couple more, and they will come. To say we're weaker is a bit silly - not sure why I'm surprised with ol Chico.

We'll be 3 for 3 after we spank QPR! At what point can we judge our prospects because with the current squad (a bit of luck with injuries) I've got us as top 6. Continuity, understanding each others roles and our system count for so much.

A couple of signings would be nice but we're far from desperate and certainly not weaker than last year.

COYBs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024