Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Erabi 16:33 - Aug 27 with 2846 viewsStockholmBlue

Young, 20 years old, number 9 in Hammarby - Swedish Top League.
A player with a goal in him, works hard, causes problem for established defenders in the league. Think this is a player to have a look at, someone with a good value increase in him.
Just saying.

Ipswich Town FC since 1981

Erabi on 17:04 - Aug 27 with 2684 viewsLB27

For some reason and I don’t know why, we don’t seem to be looking overseas for potential transfer targets. Which is a shame, as this could be a great way to get talent in without paying the premium that comes along with talent playing in the English leagues.

I thought perhaps this summer we may start to do this. Now I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes at Town but there has yet to be any mention of targets overseas.
Erabi on 17:15 - Aug 27 with 2622 viewsCoastalblue

Erabi on 17:04 - Aug 27 by LB27

For some reason and I don’t know why, we don’t seem to be looking overseas for potential transfer targets. Which is a shame, as this could be a great way to get talent in without paying the premium that comes along with talent playing in the English leagues.

I thought perhaps this summer we may start to do this. Now I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes at Town but there has yet to be any mention of targets overseas.

We seem to do a lot of due diligence on who we bring in these days, especially in terms of character and personality. I would imagine it is going to be very hard and a slow process to be able to replicate that in Europe.

If we are going to widen our scouting network, then it wouldn't surprise me if we were still scouting for the scouts.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Erabi on 17:17 - Aug 27 with 2607 viewsGeoffSentence

Probably don't have the scouting netork for it yet. If we are to take the next step it's what we need to do.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Erabi on 17:20 - Aug 27 with 2577 viewscbower

No idea about this player but it has been quite some time since we recruited from beyond these shores. I don't count Celina even though he came here from Dijon, he was well known to us and the English league. Balint Bajner was a bit of a joke. Jonas Knudsen maybe was our last successful foray I think and that's a few years back now. Untapped markets successfully exploited by others.

bluescouser

Erabi on 17:21 - Aug 27 with 2583 viewsSheffordBlue

Erabi on 17:17 - Aug 27 by GeoffSentence

Probably don't have the scouting netork for it yet. If we are to take the next step it's what we need to do.

Sam Williams came in as head of recruitment in Mar 22 but the two additional members of his team who seem to be responsible for the North and South of the UK only started work this year with one joining in Jan and one at the end of the season.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Erabi on 17:55 - Aug 27 with 2434 viewshomer_123

More difficult to being overseas players into the UK now, as much as anything.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Erabi on 21:37 - Aug 27 with 2039 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

my brother has lived in Basel for 40 years, and has a season ticket at Basel FC. He told me this morning that although Basel had a good season last year, they have sold 10 of their first team squad from last season, as there is no TV money to speak of, so their operating model is to find young players from around the globe, give them a year, maybe two, and then sell for ~5 times what they paid. They have just signed an Argentine winger 20 years old, for 5M Euros - and will see him develop into a full-on Argentine international. They have a history of that (Mo Salah for one, but there are dozens). I think ITFC could do well to bring in one or two international players, who are playing for national U21 teams. Look at Gnonto - 19 years old. Huge potential added value.

Poll: would you rather

Erabi on 22:59 - Aug 27 with 1843 viewsStewart27

Erabi on 17:20 - Aug 27 by cbower

No idea about this player but it has been quite some time since we recruited from beyond these shores. I don't count Celina even though he came here from Dijon, he was well known to us and the English league. Balint Bajner was a bit of a joke. Jonas Knudsen maybe was our last successful foray I think and that's a few years back now. Untapped markets successfully exploited by others.

Knudsen and success don’t really go hand in hand.
Login to get fewer ads

Erabi on 07:50 - Aug 28 with 1467 viewstractorboy1978

Erabi on 17:55 - Aug 27 by homer_123

More difficult to being overseas players into the UK now, as much as anything.

Certainly was the case but don't believe it is now. As of this season you can bring in up to 4 players from overseas who do not meet the necessary points requirements.
Erabi on 11:42 - Aug 28 with 1219 viewstractordownsouth

Erabi on 17:17 - Aug 27 by GeoffSentence

And the home office only relaxed the immigration rules for footballers this summer, so there wouldn't have been much time to prepare for the fact we're now able to look abroad for signings.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Erabi on 11:46 - Aug 28 with 1202 viewspointofblue

Erabi on 11:42 - Aug 28 by tractordownsouth

And the home office only relaxed the immigration rules for footballers this summer, so there wouldn't have been much time to prepare for the fact we're now able to look abroad for signings.

Yet other teams have managed it, such as the Spanish centre back signed by Plymouth. Think Wednesday have looked abroad for a few players too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Erabi on 11:54 - Aug 28 with 1162 viewsjayessess

Erabi on 11:46 - Aug 28 by pointofblue

Yet other teams have managed it, such as the Spanish centre back signed by Plymouth. Think Wednesday have looked abroad for a few players too.

they made it much less tough from this season. You can now have up to 5 exemptions from the visa rules.

I think it's just lack of market knowledge and recruitment team preferences that have kept us domestic for the moment.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 12:35]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Erabi on 12:27 - Aug 28 with 1096 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Erabi on 22:59 - Aug 27 by Stewart27

Knudsen and success don’t really go hand in hand.

I have a soft spot for him because of the two goals he scored in 2016/17 season. He scored against Norwich in the 1-1 at their place and he scored against Norwich in the 1-1 at PR.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Erabi on 14:05 - Aug 28 with 977 viewstractordownsouth

Erabi on 11:46 - Aug 28 by pointofblue

Plymouth CB was at Arsenal so didn't have any special visa requirements and Sheff Wed's new recruits have mostly looked very poor.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Erabi on 14:15 - Aug 28 with 948 viewspointofblue

Erabi on 14:05 - Aug 28 by tractordownsouth

Plymouth CB was at Arsenal so didn't have any special visa requirements and Sheff Wed's new recruits have mostly looked very poor.

Didn't know about the Arsenal link - thanks for that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024