Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. 15:32 - Sep 2 with 4771 viewsredrickstuhaart

JD underrated by too many.

Broadhead has struggled the last couple of games. Need to find a way of getting him into it more. Chaplin similar.

[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 15:33]
Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 15:33 - Sep 2 with 3633 viewsNeedhamChris

Yep, seemed to forget he was playing right back there. Poor

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 15:34 - Sep 2 with 3596 viewsnoggin

Said it last season, I'm not convinced by his defending.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 15:36 - Sep 2 with 3529 viewsbelgablue

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 15:34 - Sep 2 by noggin

Now booked as well. I'd be tempted to bring him off

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 15:37 - Sep 2 with 3471 viewspointofblue

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 15:36 - Sep 2 by belgablue

Agreed. Think Williams needs to come on. Would do it now.

And now Hirst off too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 15:41 - Sep 2 with 3376 viewsTalkingBlues

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 15:34 - Sep 2 by noggin

Davis is poor defending too, both attacking players.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 15:41 - Sep 2 with 3397 viewsalgy

But he can do a good fist pump. A past player built his long career on that.
Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 15:54 - Sep 2 with 3231 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Defense is our weak spot. But we had all summer to put that right and haven't. When the likes of TB says the defense needs more experience then that must be the case.
Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 15:55 - Sep 2 with 3220 viewsITFCBlues

He's terrible defensivley. All over the show last week and similar this week. Never seen a defender turned inside out quite to the levels that he has these last 2 games.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 15:56 - Sep 2 with 3204 viewsSitfcB

Need to do it at HT.

Otherwise only got 2 more occasions to make 4 more subs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 15:59 - Sep 2 with 3140 viewsDubtractor

He's having a poor game for sure.

We look really vulnerable to the counter attack in general, but especially down that flank.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 16:05 - Sep 2 with 3042 viewsNeedhamChris

Surprised to see him come back out for the second half. I can see a red coming if he isn't careful.

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 16:06 - Sep 2 with 3039 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Massive overactions in this thread imo. Bad day at the office but not such a bad player as some are making out.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 16:07 - Sep 2 with 3006 viewsredrickstuhaart

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 16:06 - Sep 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

Massive overactions in this thread imo. Bad day at the office but not such a bad player as some are making out.

No one has made that out, but he is not defending well currently and its a problem.
Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 16:08 - Sep 2 with 2991 viewsNeedhamChris

Depends how you interpret it. I read it as a lot of criticism of that 45 minutes - which I think isn't an overreaction.

Doesn't make him a bad player overnight though - that injury isn't helping in my view

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 17:31 - Sep 2 with 2812 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 16:07 - Sep 2 by redrickstuhaart

No one has made that out, but he is not defending well currently and its a problem.

Have you read the thread? Several talking in general terms not just about today.

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 17:47 - Sep 2 with 2659 viewsGeoffSentence

Clarke hasn't looked fully up to speed since returning from his injury. He'll get there but based on today I'd like to see Williams starting, at least until Clarke is back to his best, then it's up for grabs.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 18:24 - Sep 2 with 2513 viewsChorleyBoy

There's so much criticism of our players, I don't get it.

The only time I remember Davis letting Tanner get away from him, Clarke was there to cover/clatter for him.

Tanner didn't come out in the 2nd half.

Job done.
Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 18:31 - Sep 2 with 2438 viewsBloomBlue

Clarke missed part of the preseason with injury, its going to take him time to get back to full match fitness.
Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 18:42 - Sep 2 with 2330 viewsCanadianBlue

Didn't he play CBatthe beginning of last season before we bought him?

I wonder if that's why he drifts centrally so often.
Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 18:48 - Sep 2 with 2265 viewsoldbeardy

watching their first goal back it looks even worse than it did at the time - where were Harry and Wes? These things happen but that right side combo didn't seem to work offensively or defensively today for some reason. Not sure what's happened there
Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 18:48 - Sep 2 with 2256 viewsJimInGreensboro

Teams would have to be blind not to see our glaring soft spot and are running the footie version of the Chicago Bulls' clear out. Back in the day, the Bulls would give the ball to Michael Jordan on the wing, all the other Bulls' players drawing their defenders to the opposite side of the court, leaving MJ to create 1-on-1. In our case, though, the winger doesn't have to be Michael Jordan. He doesn't even have to create. He just dribbles along merrily into the acres of space we backpedal to provide him.
Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 18:51 - Sep 2 with 2226 viewsstonojnr

Is he a weak spot or does he not have much cover in front of him on that side of the pitch.

Yes I could see all of Cardiffs attacks on our goal were coming through him,and certainly led to their 2nd goal,

but I find its difficult to say what he could have done differently in the situations he was found in

The difference the subs made was all Cardiffs attacks down that side ended further up the pitch before the RB had to intervene. And if they got near Williams he just dealt with the ball and player.
Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 18:52 - Sep 2 with 2211 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's pretty obvious Clarke is struggling fitness-wise. As Soon as Williams is up to speed and Janoi is fit again, I think Clarke will go under the knife.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 20:03 - Sep 2 with 2009 viewskeebsdad

Shh! You are not allowed to criticize one of our own! I said something similar a few weeks back and got 100 down-votes.

PS i'm not sure Brandon Williams is much better defensively either.
Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 22:46 - Sep 2 with 1750 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hmmm Clarke is a weak spot defensively. on 20:03 - Sep 2 by keebsdad

Shh! You are not allowed to criticize one of our own! I said something similar a few weeks back and got 100 down-votes.

PS i'm not sure Brandon Williams is much better defensively either.

Maybe 100 people thought you were wrong.

And if 100 people think you're wrong, you're probably wrong.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024