Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Tickets 18:23 - Sep 4 with 20790 viewsmattrolow

I know this has been covered, but I’m getting really bored of this whole ego filled ticket mafia the membership scheme has created.

Just created a bunch of wannabe Twitter popular weirdos offering out their tickets to get the points.

Would love it if the club took the points off every single one of them.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:25 - Sep 6 with 1947 viewsBrads

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 14:26 - Sep 6 by itfcjoe

£40 is still a lot of money just to be allowed to purchase tickets to an away game, there is no value in it and just a chance for the club to coin in a lot of money for nothing.

Yep. Double the price of previous seasons with reduced benefits but we pay it because we want tickets and the club know that.

The more successful we are, the more we’ll be charged for various things. That’s just the way football is now (before I’m misinterpreted as being negative about ITFC).

Most of the ‘new’ things that are introduced are just what’s already being done elsewhere.

All helps with the P&S rules so I try to think of it as chipping in to help the club deliver what we want, rather than being ripped off like the mugs that we are ha.

All relates to the imbalance in football in general - clubs spending huge amounts in some areas (player wages etc) but then fleecing the fans on little things here and there or cutting back on security etc (not Ipswich but see Price of Football podcast last week). Relatively insignificant amounts to clubs but enough for some fans to be priced out as it all adds up. Then the atmosphere gets diluted at some clubs etc. West Ham charging tourists £90 to watch Man City.

We’re essentially customers to Ashton and the owners so sometimes it wouldn’t hurt if the fan base objected to certain things rather than do whatever they want without question because he’s ‘one of our own’ now and things are good.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2023 16:33]
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:29 - Sep 6 with 1939 viewsBrads

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 12:57 - Sep 6 by chislehurstblue

Surely no one believes that this is an issue only with ITFC?

Most PL clubs clubs have similar issues. I have friends who have ST at Liverpool and Arsenal and are both in names of friends, friends of friends or sometime unknown individuals that have past away and they then pay the family to have their ST in that persons name as they know if that family gives up the ticket then they have no chance of getting a ST as the wait is so long for new ST to come up.

I believe a few years back Liverpool had a period where you could admit to the club that your ST was in someone else name and therefore that persons address and then club would change it into your name with no questions asked.

My mate who has an Arsenal ST lost his actual ST on a night out and had to call the club to have a new one sent. It went to the widow of the original ST and he had to travel a fair distance to pick it up.

Even at Ipswich this kind of behaviour has happened before with the use of others Gold Card, the use of ticket stubs and vouchers for away games. I really dont see why its all of a sudden become an issue. Maybe some dont like the success that the club is currently achieving and greater demand for tickets.

This is not a new issue in football. People really need to stop moaning about it and move on. I have 12 points so in the bottom group and got tickets for every away game so far this season by being on line at the right times. If people who really want to go to away games spent less time on this forum / twitter moaning about it and focus on getting tickets then they might have tickets.

If you cant afford the £40 for a away membership card then I would probably suggest you carefully consider if an away game with match ticket, travel, food and drink is within your budget and the best use of your available funds.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2023 13:10]

Guess people involved in those examples at Arsenal etc will struggle now it’s gone digital?
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:52 - Sep 6 with 1888 viewschislehurstblue

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:25 - Sep 6 by Brads

Yep. Double the price of previous seasons with reduced benefits but we pay it because we want tickets and the club know that.

The more successful we are, the more we’ll be charged for various things. That’s just the way football is now (before I’m misinterpreted as being negative about ITFC).

Most of the ‘new’ things that are introduced are just what’s already being done elsewhere.

All helps with the P&S rules so I try to think of it as chipping in to help the club deliver what we want, rather than being ripped off like the mugs that we are ha.

All relates to the imbalance in football in general - clubs spending huge amounts in some areas (player wages etc) but then fleecing the fans on little things here and there or cutting back on security etc (not Ipswich but see Price of Football podcast last week). Relatively insignificant amounts to clubs but enough for some fans to be priced out as it all adds up. Then the atmosphere gets diluted at some clubs etc. West Ham charging tourists £90 to watch Man City.

We’re essentially customers to Ashton and the owners so sometimes it wouldn’t hurt if the fan base objected to certain things rather than do whatever they want without question because he’s ‘one of our own’ now and things are good.

People moaned when they thought ME should have put more than his £7m a year to keep the club just about going. Now they are being asked to pay £40 into the club they moan. Can you see the irony?
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:53 - Sep 6 with 1883 viewstextbackup

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 15:59 - Sep 6 by Plums

It's a race to the bottom. I've been going to away games for 40+ years without needing to pay for the privilege of buying a ticket. I love the club and most of what the new owners are doing but I'm not being held to ransom by them.

You’ve never had a GC? Out of interest

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:54 - Sep 6 with 1886 viewslizzibee

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 15:11 - Sep 6 by PrideOfTheEast

There are 2000 tickets or whatever. By that point we'd have played circa 20 away games this season. So the absolute maximum somebody could have would be say 56. And assuming most of the 30+ people at the start of the season continue to go to almost every game then they'd be in that bracket. I'm not sure people who started on around 20 points (so might have gone to say half the away games last year, perhaps less) would be doing materially more this year, so somebody who was on 20 would likely be on around 30 by the time we play Norwich. And somebody on 20 comfortably got one of the first 1000 tickets for QPR didn't they?

It would be good to have the categories broken down by the amount of supporters in each. But if Norwich was the first game of the season I reckon plenty on 20+ would have got tickets, maybe lower.

the only difference as I know several who had lots of points who didn't want to do QPR but will Norwich. I suspect demand will be greater but only time will tell what will be needed.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 17:00 - Sep 6 with 1872 viewsBrads

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:52 - Sep 6 by chislehurstblue

People moaned when they thought ME should have put more than his £7m a year to keep the club just about going. Now they are being asked to pay £40 into the club they moan. Can you see the irony?

Yeah. It’s gotta come from somewhere and the prices we’re paying aren’t at PL level…yet.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 17:01 - Sep 6 with 1869 viewsxrayspecs

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:54 - Sep 6 by lizzibee

the only difference as I know several who had lots of points who didn't want to do QPR but will Norwich. I suspect demand will be greater but only time will tell what will be needed.

Also works the other way, not everyone want to go to Norwich away but went to QPR.
Away Tickets on 17:10 - Sep 6 with 1850 viewsMullet

Away Tickets on 10:39 - Sep 6 by tractorboy1978

Club could stop all of this by warning the most 'high profile' narcissist on Twitter (who won't be able to stop himself from making it public for attention) and then banning him for 12 months if he persists.

You spelled life wrong.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 17:42 - Sep 6 with 1791 viewsPlums

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:53 - Sep 6 by textbackup

You’ve never had a GC? Out of interest

No, I've never needed one. What was it for?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 17:46 - Sep 6 with 1777 viewsPlums

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:52 - Sep 6 by chislehurstblue

Not really. I have spent plenty of money with the club every year but I expect something tangible for it.
You're now suggesting it's a crowdfunding exercise?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Away Tickets on 19:13 - Sep 6 with 1672 viewsyorkshireblue

Speaking to a Leeds supporting colleague today… for their next away game at Millwall the entry point was 20 away games last season - which is more than they had in the league. Some smug people who watched them lost to Wolves away on a Tuesday night in the EFL Cup.
Away Tickets on 19:21 - Sep 6 with 1639 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Away Tickets on 19:13 - Sep 6 by yorkshireblue

Speaking to a Leeds supporting colleague today… for their next away game at Millwall the entry point was 20 away games last season - which is more than they had in the league. Some smug people who watched them lost to Wolves away on a Tuesday night in the EFL Cup.

Don’t think that’s right. Only a percentage of the allocation were given to those in that category. The rest then went to season ticket holders and members.
Away Tickets on 19:37 - Sep 6 with 1610 viewsBluemist

Away Tickets on 19:21 - Sep 6 by PrideOfTheEast

Don’t think that’s right. Only a percentage of the allocation were given to those in that category. The rest then went to season ticket holders and members.

I have just spent the last hour reading this thread, wow talk about a moaning OAP home of moaners. Take the issues up with the club rather than blaming those on other social media platforms. Away tickets have always been a problem, if your lucky enough to get one, yay, if not always next game.
Be fortunate ghat you can go to the games, remember covid and how we could not go? No moat on here have forgotten because it is easy to “MOAN”
Away Tickets on 19:41 - Sep 6 with 1594 viewsBrads

Away Tickets on 19:21 - Sep 6 by PrideOfTheEast

The (second) priority category the OP mentioned only had a 50% chance so can’t have been a popular game if so.

https://www.leedsunited.com/newsmobile/ticketing/31876/tickets-millwall-a

Could see it being similar here if we went up and still only used data from as far back as the previous season.
Away Tickets on 19:43 - Sep 6 with 1590 viewsBrads

Away Tickets on 19:37 - Sep 6 by Bluemist

I have just spent the last hour reading this thread, wow talk about a moaning OAP home of moaners. Take the issues up with the club rather than blaming those on other social media platforms. Away tickets have always been a problem, if your lucky enough to get one, yay, if not always next game.
Be fortunate ghat you can go to the games, remember covid and how we could not go? No moat on here have forgotten because it is easy to “MOAN”

The irony being you’ve added to the discussion by moaning about moaners.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 20:16 - Sep 6 with 1547 viewseddie_itfc

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 16:25 - Sep 6 by Brads

This whole tread seems to be coming from the view point of season ticket holders (which I know the majority are). Those of us who aren’t and get to as many away games as we possibly can, the £40 is an absolute bargain.

Majority of us were Silver Members last season, so started with at least 10 points + the aways we did last season, and we also get first dibs on home tickets. Fourty pounds is no price to pay and I’m also happy to give the club some extra revenue. I’ll be able to go to all the away games I want (except maybe Norwich and Watford), so I feel the whole buying tickets and selling them on is being massively blown out of proportion.

Those who don’t want to play the game going forward, that’s your prerogative. You’ll be the ones left behind though. You need to accept, football has moved on and this is the new world if Ipswich are successful. If we lose Kieran and GC though, we can just go back to enjoying taking 500 to Hull and anyone who wants a ticket will get one regardless.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 20:24 - Sep 6 with 1548 viewsbilllm

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 10:21 - Sep 6 by itfcjoe

I think it is a difficult one for club because ultimately their priority is selling their allocation and then not having anything further to do with it which costs money like the admin involved in checking tickets.

At some point the club will have to do 'something' though, because they'll need to respond to complaints from members stumping up £40 and not getting a fair crack of it.

It's fairly obvious, well to me anyway, that the 'something' will be looking at those brazenly doing it on social media, offering tickets for sale well in advance of the game when they are still going through the priorities (If genuine reasons then they should be returned to the club)

What the 'something' will unlikely be in the first instance is ticket checks, collection points etc so if people want to buy tickets and not use them, or trade tickets privately then they will likely be fine.

For the Soton game I've got a mate who wants to come, wants to sit with us, but has other commitments most Saturdays and lives down that way - there is no point him getting a membership to cover literally 2 or 3 games a season. He can either wait for general sale and sit on his own, or find another mate who has more points and help him out. He knows when push comes to shove he is very unlikely to get tickets to the big games so will just make his choice

Perhaps the club should take the hit and do away with the membership fee, and go back to first come first served,
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 21:30 - Sep 6 with 1454 viewsBrads

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 20:16 - Sep 6 by eddie_itfc

This whole tread seems to be coming from the view point of season ticket holders (which I know the majority are). Those of us who aren’t and get to as many away games as we possibly can, the £40 is an absolute bargain.

Majority of us were Silver Members last season, so started with at least 10 points + the aways we did last season, and we also get first dibs on home tickets. Fourty pounds is no price to pay and I’m also happy to give the club some extra revenue. I’ll be able to go to all the away games I want (except maybe Norwich and Watford), so I feel the whole buying tickets and selling them on is being massively blown out of proportion.

Those who don’t want to play the game going forward, that’s your prerogative. You’ll be the ones left behind though. You need to accept, football has moved on and this is the new world if Ipswich are successful. If we lose Kieran and GC though, we can just go back to enjoying taking 500 to Hull and anyone who wants a ticket will get one regardless.

Get what you’re saying and agree that it probably doesn’t make a huge difference overall.

I’ve got enough points for it not to matter (although can only get 1 ticket now) but think it just irks those on less when someone’s promoting misuse of the system on social media and revelling in it (he’s added his unofficial role to his profile now for a laugh). Others are getting on board. Then when challenged he’s stated that he’s just being kind and talking about grasses and rats (even though he’s put it in the public domain himself so it was already there for all to see anyway).

He should just stick to sharing details of spares at late notice like he used to.
Away Tickets on 06:42 - Sep 7 with 1302 viewsBluemist

Away Tickets on 19:43 - Sep 6 by Brads

The irony being you’ve added to the discussion by moaning about moaners.

Irony is on you, but then again I expect nothing less from fans like you. Its a woman's right to moan dont you know. Would like some tissues to wipe those tears away?
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 08:17 - Sep 7 with 1255 viewsSteve_M

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 20:24 - Sep 6 by billlm

Perhaps the club should take the hit and do away with the membership fee, and go back to first come first served,

Well that doesn't work does it, as demonstrated where demand exceeded supply a few times last year so there needed to be some refinement. Cambridge was an utter mess.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Away Tickets on 09:08 - Sep 7 with 1201 viewsiamipswich

The people that went to plenty of games last year are confusing their right to buy a ticket for every game and their right to control the flow of tickets regardless of whether or not they can go.

They deserve the right to buy a ticket for every game before most others but the buying of tickets just to accrue points even if they can't go is wrong.

The 'I earned the right to do what I want with the ticket' narrative shows both how thick and narcissistic they are.

Poll: Who will return first?

Away Tickets on 10:00 - Sep 7 with 1144 viewsBrads

Away Tickets on 06:42 - Sep 7 by Bluemist

Irony is on you, but then again I expect nothing less from fans like you. Its a woman's right to moan dont you know. Would like some tissues to wipe those tears away?

I wasn’t moaning anyway, just thought it was funny that you said you spent an hour reading the thread and then added to it just to moan about others moaning (despite apparently being disgusted by it).

Not sure responding with a sexist comment is appropriate either.

Probably best to ignore a discussion on a topic that you’re not interested in so it doesn’t continue to wind you up.
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 10:30 - Sep 7 with 1098 viewsbilllm

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 08:17 - Sep 7 by Steve_M

Well that doesn't work does it, as demonstrated where demand exceeded supply a few times last year so there needed to be some refinement. Cambridge was an utter mess.

Demand always exceeds demand otherwise this thread and issue wouldn't be discussed,
Just have an open field then there would be no issue first come first served,
It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 11:19 - Sep 7 with 1057 viewstextbackup

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 08:17 - Sep 7 by Steve_M

When you say an utter mess, I don’t recall it being THAT bad? (I might be wrong, but wasn’t it only that a few regulars missed out, and got the hump, because other GC holders, the same priority as the regulars, got in before they did?)
A simple priority letter would have solved the issue in that instance

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 11:31 - Sep 7 with 1044 viewsPJH

It will be an interesting test for Ashton…. on 11:19 - Sep 7 by textbackup

When you say an utter mess, I don’t recall it being THAT bad? (I might be wrong, but wasn’t it only that a few regulars missed out, and got the hump, because other GC holders, the same priority as the regulars, got in before they did?)
A simple priority letter would have solved the issue in that instance

Yes, they must have known that they had more GC holders than tickets available and as some of them were no doubt later arrivals joining the bandwagon because things looked like getting interesting, it should have been letters to those that had already been going to all/most of the away games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024