Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where will we finish this season? 12:30 - Sep 18 with 7546 views_clive_baker_

Just need a number, we can revisit this in May. I'm going for........

6th
Where will we finish this season? on 13:24 - Sep 18 with 1081 viewsIllinoisblue

9th. Injuries will catch up with us at some point.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where will we finish this season? on 13:28 - Sep 18 with 1065 viewsSomethingBlue

Ninth.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Where will we finish this season? on 13:39 - Sep 18 with 1033 viewsHerbivore

Those who think we'll finish around 9th, who do you think will finish above us? I guess the relegated sides but they've all looked vulnerable at times thus far and it'll be interesting to see how they hold up if they hit a bit of adversity. Middleborough who many picked look fairly hopeless thus far. Coventry look okay and Sunderland are finding some form. Scum look flat track bullies to me and I suspect if they hit a blip they won't recover. Nobody else looks outstanding based on what we've seen so far.

If we finish 9th it'll mean we'll take around 50-55 points from our remaining games (9th place took 66 points last season) which is around 1.25-1.37 PPG for our remaining fixtures. That's sustained mid to lower midtable form for the rest of the season. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but that would surprise me.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 13:47]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where will we finish this season? on 13:43 - Sep 18 with 1020 viewswhymark4lazio0

2nd

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Where will we finish this season? on 13:44 - Sep 18 with 1034 viewsSomethingBlue

Where will we finish this season? on 13:39 - Sep 18 by Herbivore

Those who think we'll finish around 9th, who do you think will finish above us? I guess the relegated sides but they've all looked vulnerable at times thus far and it'll be interesting to see how they hold up if they hit a bit of adversity. Middleborough who many picked look fairly hopeless thus far. Coventry look okay and Sunderland are finding some form. Scum look flat track bullies to me and I suspect if they hit a blip they won't recover. Nobody else looks outstanding based on what we've seen so far.

If we finish 9th it'll mean we'll take around 50-55 points from our remaining games (9th place took 66 points last season) which is around 1.25-1.37 PPG for our remaining fixtures. That's sustained mid to lower midtable form for the rest of the season. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but that would surprise me.

In no particular order: Leicester, Saints, Leeds, Sunderland, Norwich, Hull, Watford, someone else who comes through the pack. We are all still guessing at this point and everything depends on how we withstand the rigours of a very very tough autumn and winter.

Where will we finish this season? on 13:47 - Sep 18 with 1012 viewshomer_123

Where will we finish this season? on 13:44 - Sep 18 by SomethingBlue

In no particular order: Leicester, Saints, Leeds, Sunderland, Norwich, Hull, Watford, someone else who comes through the pack. We are all still guessing at this point and everything depends on how we withstand the rigours of a very very tough autumn and winter.

On the positive side, we've traversed a rather sticky opening set of fixtures rather well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Where will we finish this season? on 13:49 - Sep 18 with 1003 viewsle2blue

4th, above Norwich and just below Leeds, Leicester and Sunderland. January transfer window master class is incoming.

Fancy Russell Martin to be sacked at the next International break.
Where will we finish this season? on 13:50 - Sep 18 with 1008 viewsSomethingBlue

Where will we finish this season? on 13:47 - Sep 18 by homer_123

On the positive side, we've traversed a rather sticky opening set of fixtures rather well.

We have, and it's good too that after tomorrow we'll have already played 1/3 of our games vs the relegated clubs. The grind of Sat-Tue-Sat that we're about to hit is one hell of a beast tho and we will be relying a lot on keeping key men fit (already an issue) – and that's before we get to potentially losing a swathe of the team in Jan & Feb to international tournaments.

Login to get fewer ads

Where will we finish this season? on 13:51 - Sep 18 with 1001 viewsHerbivore

Fair enough. I think we'll finish above a few of them. Of the relegated sides, I fancy Leicester to stay the course as they've started well despite not necessarily playing brilliantly and I think there's a fragility to Leeds and Southampton that will mean they won't find it easy. Leeds I think will make the top 6 but it might be a close run thing, Saints I can see finishing midtable despite them having some good players. I don't see the other Champ sides as being all that amazing. You're right that there's a lot of guess work, but do I see us spending the next 40 games picking up points at the rate of a mid to lower midtable team? I'm not sure I do, I think we've got too much about us for that to happen.

Where will we finish this season? on 13:55 - Sep 18 with 985 viewsBlueOura

8th
Where will we finish this season? on 13:56 - Sep 18 with 988 viewsHerbivore

Where will we finish this season? on 13:50 - Sep 18 by SomethingBlue

We have, and it's good too that after tomorrow we'll have already played 1/3 of our games vs the relegated clubs. The grind of Sat-Tue-Sat that we're about to hit is one hell of a beast tho and we will be relying a lot on keeping key men fit (already an issue) – and that's before we get to potentially losing a swathe of the team in Jan & Feb to international tournaments.

Although that's true of all sides, isn't it? Even the newly relegated sides can't really afford loads of injuries to key men and we won't be the only side losing players in January either. We have decent depth in most areas and have coped with a few injury issues well so far.

Where will we finish this season? on 14:01 - Sep 18 with 973 viewstractorboy1978

Definitely feel like we need to make hay while the sun shines. Our excellent start has given us a nice 5 point buffer to 7th in a division that is going to be as nip and tuck as always. Winning tomorrow would be a real statement but even if we lose, it's objectively a fairly nice run of fixtures to the end of November IMO before it gets tougher over the winter.
Where will we finish this season? on 14:03 - Sep 18 with 973 viewsKieran_Knows

Plus potentially losing Burgess, Luongo and Morsy for up to 6 weeks in January.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Where will we finish this season? on 14:03 - Sep 18 with 972 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

2nd to Leicester

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Where will we finish this season? on 14:12 - Sep 18 with 952 viewsGlasgowBlue

4th

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Where will we finish this season? on 14:16 - Sep 18 with 935 viewsLeoMuff

8th

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Where will we finish this season? on 14:17 - Sep 18 with 932 viewsTractorCam

1st

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Where will we finish this season? on 14:35 - Sep 18 with 895 viewsBluefields

Champions
Where will we finish this season? on 14:38 - Sep 18 with 891 viewsFtnfwest

9th
Where will we finish this season? on 14:39 - Sep 18 with 887 viewsgiant_stow

22nd

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Where will we finish this season? on 14:42 - Sep 18 with 875 viewsDaninthecampo

2nd
Where will we finish this season? on 14:43 - Sep 18 with 869 viewsBiGDonnie

1st.

Maybe, just maybe Leicester will pip us to the title and we'll finish 2nd.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Where will we finish this season? on 14:49 - Sep 18 with 837 viewsLankHenners

I get the PPG point but also think it'll be hard for us to maintain our current form (or even marginally below it) for the whole season. It's easy to look at other teams and say they'll fall off or will struggle when injuries hit etc. but think it's a bit inward-looking to assume we'll carry on being great or that other teams' good starts aren't built on solid foundations.

There'll be a lot of tight margins and as McKenna said we could have won all of our games so far but equally if some things didn't fall our way we might have not won a couple of the ones we did. That'll be the same of other teams as well and will continue to be like that all season. Bar 1 or 2 there often aren't 'outstanding' teams but quite a few very good, solid ones that will always be in the game regardless of the scoreline, hopefully we can keep on being on of those.

Too early for me to judge whether we'll cope well with injuries/suspensions as well. A demanding schedule coming up plus the potential to lose 3 key players for a chunk of the early part of next year. If we're still in the playoff picture by the time February rolls around then maybe I'll think we're capable of staying there.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Where will we finish this season? on 14:52 - Sep 18 with 817 viewsHelp

Championship
Where will we finish this season? on 14:54 - Sep 18 with 803 viewsBiGDonnie

It's cool to not be optimistic (realistic) dontcha know!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024