Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now 19:33 - Sep 23 with 9335 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Going forward, he’s made some big saves and won us some points but if we’re going to continue with the current system I think we may continue to concede soft goals.

Of course he’s not helped when our backline is indecisive or slow as it was at times today but we did get caught with our pants down far too often and we probably need someone better between the sticks if we’re going to keep going.

I feel bad saying that though as he’s had some brilliant moments.
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:36 - Sep 23 with 5277 viewsMK1

Needs worse days than today to be dropped for me. That was just a breathless game that we did amazingly to win. Never change a winning team.
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:38 - Sep 23 with 5247 viewsBarcaBlue

You don't feel bad saying that though, do you? You were just itching for a negative. Which of the 3 goals should he have stopped?
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:40 - Sep 23 with 5222 views_clive_baker_

Made some really good saves among his less convincing moments. I’ve always said Walton comes back in and I’m steadfast in that but credit where it’s due, Hladky has more than played his part in this run and good on him.
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:42 - Sep 23 with 5158 viewsDublinBlue84

Thing though is if you play with your feet like Hladky does, you're always going to have that risk. With Walton we wouldn't be playing it out so much the way we do with Hladky, and whilst it does have risks, it also allows us to create things we otherwise wouldn't.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:42 - Sep 23 with 5147 viewsblaggers

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:40 - Sep 23 by _clive_baker_

Made some really good saves among his less convincing moments. I’ve always said Walton comes back in and I’m steadfast in that but credit where it’s due, Hladky has more than played his part in this run and good on him.

In my view, Walton comes and claims that cross that led to the second goal. He commands his area far better than Hladky, although Vaz made a worldy of a save in that second half.

Poll: What happens next?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:46 - Sep 23 with 5099 viewsGeoffSentence

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:42 - Sep 23 by blaggers

In my view, Walton comes and claims that cross that led to the second goal. He commands his area far better than Hladky, although Vaz made a worldy of a save in that second half.

I thought Hladky would claim that too, looked to me like the defence were expecting him too. I thought he had an erratic day today, some good saves, got down to some low crosses really qucikly, but his passing today was not good, put us in trouble more than once and ended up going long a lot more than we are used to, probably having lost a bit of confidence in his short game.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:51 - Sep 23 with 5033 viewsHerbivore

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:42 - Sep 23 by DublinBlue84

Thing though is if you play with your feet like Hladky does, you're always going to have that risk. With Walton we wouldn't be playing it out so much the way we do with Hladky, and whilst it does have risks, it also allows us to create things we otherwise wouldn't.

Walton has been in goal for the last 2 seasons where we've consistently played out from the back. His distribution last season was excellent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:54 - Sep 23 with 5000 viewsITFCBlues

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:46 - Sep 23 by GeoffSentence

I thought Hladky would claim that too, looked to me like the defence were expecting him too. I thought he had an erratic day today, some good saves, got down to some low crosses really qucikly, but his passing today was not good, put us in trouble more than once and ended up going long a lot more than we are used to, probably having lost a bit of confidence in his short game.

If we watched what was happening in the game, you'd probably understand why he was going long so often. Blackburn played man for man and pressed us really high up the pitch which meant the only out balls were to Burns or up to Hirst.

Probably also why he gave the ball away more today than before, Blackburn were just ultra aggressive with the press.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:58 - Sep 23 with 4952 viewsRKD

He is performing exceptionally well as a stand in and exceeding all expectations, a lot of people saying this week that the shirt it is his to lose.

Walton comes back in for me as it stands, but certainly feel assured with Hladky standing in, whereas I was worried preseason

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:00 - Sep 23 with 4943 views_clive_baker_

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:42 - Sep 23 by DublinBlue84

I think that’s definitely right, and true of the approach we take more generally. Playing out from the back is inherently braver and comes with more risk, encouraging their high press but giving us more space to play once we break the first line. We can’t really laud it when it works and then resent it when it doesn’t. By and large we’ve had significantly more joy and success than downside.
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:01 - Sep 23 with 4915 viewsStokieBlue

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:51 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

Walton has been in goal for the last 2 seasons where we've consistently played out from the back. His distribution last season was excellent.

The narrative around Walton not being great with his feet is a strange one which seems to have developed mainly by people repeating it on here.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:05 - Sep 23 with 4874 viewsITFCBlues

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:01 - Sep 23 by StokieBlue

The narrative around Walton not being great with his feet is a strange one which seems to have developed mainly by people repeating it on here.

SB

He's decent, but no question Hladky is better with his feet.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:06 - Sep 23 with 4875 viewsArnieM

As the bloke in Front of me said today, the team is playing out from the back as McKenna had asked them to.

Blackburn were bloody quick and this slowly slowly tippy tappy out from the back will in some games be fraught with danger . Blackburn had identified that we try to beat the press by the short forward pass directly in front of our goal. Bloody risky in my book but Blackburn looked for that pass and pounced. We’re too slow in bring the ball out in my view. There’s always a big risk in trying to entice the press forwards onto you then waiting until the very last second to pass
It : it’s essentially Russian Roulette; at some point you’re going to get caught out.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:17 - Sep 23 with 4757 viewsPlums

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:06 - Sep 23 by ArnieM

As the bloke in Front of me said today, the team is playing out from the back as McKenna had asked them to.

Blackburn were bloody quick and this slowly slowly tippy tappy out from the back will in some games be fraught with danger . Blackburn had identified that we try to beat the press by the short forward pass directly in front of our goal. Bloody risky in my book but Blackburn looked for that pass and pounced. We’re too slow in bring the ball out in my view. There’s always a big risk in trying to entice the press forwards onto you then waiting until the very last second to pass
It : it’s essentially Russian Roulette; at some point you’re going to get caught out.

A big risk that's never failed for us. That's not a 'big risk' by any definition. It's measured and managed and part our current success.
Let's keep trusting the guys delivering the goods eh?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:18 - Sep 23 with 4751 viewsSwansea_Blue

Couple of bad mistakes at the start, but a massive 2-point-saving save near the end. Swings and seesaws innit. It’s the Championship after all, so nobody’s going to be perfect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:19 - Sep 23 with 4724 viewsHerbivore

Another hot take. Tactics that are the cornerstone of our success are actually "slowly tippy tappy" and "Russian roulette". Genuinely don't know what some fans think they're watching half the time.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 20:20]

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:23 - Sep 23 with 4690 viewsjacobnikons

nothing between them in my view, If anything Hladky slightly better with his feet
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:30 - Sep 23 with 4661 viewshomer_123

No tactic or approach is without risk.

This post is very much along the lines of your 'lazy' comment re. Burns. Wholly incorrect.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:33 - Sep 23 with 4628 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

What a day today was, incredible entertainment yet again and another vital win. Feels a shame to have a little moan but i'm going to anyway.

I was never as down on him as others were at his lowest and I'm not as up on him as others are now. I think he's a decent deputy, but Walton is a clear and obvious number one. Hladky reminds me a lot of Heurelho Gomes when at Spurs. Incredibly erratic, capable of moments of brilliance when all hope looks lost, but wildly unpredictable for things that look simple.

I like the bloke and he's kept us in the game at times today and for every one of the other six wins. He's done his job and also saved the blushes of the defence on more than one occasion. He's also consistently causing us problems out of nothing.

Three times today a better forward would have punished him for such a lack of concentration. He's had one or two of those every game he's played. We've got away with it, but he needs to engage his brain a bit more in those moments before I actually have some sort of medical emergency.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:36 - Sep 23 with 4601 viewsBarcaBlue

It's neither tippy-tappy or russian roulette, it's a tactic we've used for a couple of years nearly - how many times has it resulted in a goal against and how many times have we broken the lines and created space, and scored because of it?
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:53 - Sep 23 with 4502 viewsbluesbrothers

Completely disagree with this.

We’ve got a bit of a problem because Hladky suits our overall game better than Walton does IMO
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:55 - Sep 23 with 4490 viewsbluesbrothers

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:01 - Sep 23 by StokieBlue

SB

They’re worlds apart in terms of ability with their feet
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:55 - Sep 23 with 4477 viewsHerbivore

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:55 - Sep 23 by bluesbrothers

That's rather an exaggeration.

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:56 - Sep 23 with 4460 viewsbluesbrothers

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:55 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

That's rather an exaggeration.

It’s not at all!! People have such short memories with how uncomfortable Walton looks with the ball at his feet
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:59 - Sep 23 with 4442 viewsStokieBlue

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:55 - Sep 23 by bluesbrothers

Hladky is better but "worlds apart" is going too far. Walton is better at doing the main jobs you want a keeper to do. He was more than adequate with the ball at his feet last season.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024