Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now 19:33 - Sep 23 with 9460 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Going forward, he’s made some big saves and won us some points but if we’re going to continue with the current system I think we may continue to concede soft goals.

Of course he’s not helped when our backline is indecisive or slow as it was at times today but we did get caught with our pants down far too often and we probably need someone better between the sticks if we’re going to keep going.

I feel bad saying that though as he’s had some brilliant moments.
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:00 - Sep 23 with 2090 viewsHerbivore

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:56 - Sep 23 by bluesbrothers

It’s not at all!! People have such short memories with how uncomfortable Walton looks with the ball at his feet

I'm guessing you missed most of last season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:00 - Sep 23 with 2094 viewsBonchosBicycle

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:51 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

Walton has been in goal for the last 2 seasons where we've consistently played out from the back. His distribution last season was excellent.

That was league 1 though. Championship strikers - as we've seen - are a step up from what Walton was playing against. I do think Hladky is slightly better with his feet but will be interested how Walton does when he's back.
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:01 - Sep 23 with 2071 viewsHerbivore

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:00 - Sep 23 by BonchosBicycle

That was league 1 though. Championship strikers - as we've seen - are a step up from what Walton was playing against. I do think Hladky is slightly better with his feet but will be interested how Walton does when he's back.

Strikers in League 1 press too.

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:02 - Sep 23 with 2072 viewsbluesbrothers

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:59 - Sep 23 by StokieBlue

Hladky is better but "worlds apart" is going too far. Walton is better at doing the main jobs you want a keeper to do. He was more than adequate with the ball at his feet last season.

SB

Agree on what you would traditionally call the main jobs although I wonder if McKenna would give those things the same weighting/still considers those the “main” jobs - would imagine he’d put a lot of weighting on distribution
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:04 - Sep 23 with 2063 viewsStokieBlue

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:02 - Sep 23 by bluesbrothers

Agree on what you would traditionally call the main jobs although I wonder if McKenna would give those things the same weighting/still considers those the “main” jobs - would imagine he’d put a lot of weighting on distribution

I don't know of course but I am pretty sure his main concern for a keeper is being able to keep the ball out of the goal.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:11 - Sep 23 with 2025 viewsbluesbrothers

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:00 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

I'm guessing you missed most of last season.

This is just superb banter
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:18 - Sep 23 with 2014 viewsHerbivore

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:11 - Sep 23 by bluesbrothers

This is just superb banter

I was being serious. Describing Walton as being uncomfortable on the ball doesn't tally up with what we saw from him for the majority of last season. His distribution has improved significantly in his 2 years with us.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 21:25]

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:24 - Sep 23 with 2007 viewsBonchosBicycle

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:01 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

Strikers in League 1 press too.

There's a reason most League 1 strikers are playing in League 1 and not the Championship: They're not as good.
Login to get fewer ads

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:26 - Sep 23 with 1998 viewsHerbivore

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:24 - Sep 23 by BonchosBicycle

There's a reason most League 1 strikers are playing in League 1 and not the Championship: They're not as good.

No sh*t, Sherlock.

LOL on 21:29 - Sep 23 with 2006 viewsDyland

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 20:06 - Sep 23 by ArnieM

As the bloke in Front of me said today, the team is playing out from the back as McKenna had asked them to.

Blackburn were bloody quick and this slowly slowly tippy tappy out from the back will in some games be fraught with danger . Blackburn had identified that we try to beat the press by the short forward pass directly in front of our goal. Bloody risky in my book but Blackburn looked for that pass and pounced. We’re too slow in bring the ball out in my view. There’s always a big risk in trying to entice the press forwards onto you then waiting until the very last second to pass
It : it’s essentially Russian Roulette; at some point you’re going to get caught out.

We won ffs

P.S. We didn't concede today from playing out from the back

P.P.S. Hladky kicked long as much as not today, and far more than we've done all season.

The negativity after winning, and complete squiffeyed useless analysis from some quarters is extraordinary!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 22:10]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:40 - Sep 23 with 1979 viewshomer_123

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:24 - Sep 23 by BonchosBicycle

And your point is?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:43 - Sep 23 with 1979 viewsITFC1977

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:40 - Sep 23 by homer_123

And your point is?

His point I would assume is that Walton isn’t tried and tested with how we play at a championship level. Hladky is and we’ve won every match this season except one against better players.
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:43 - Sep 23 with 1979 viewsPioneerBlue

I quite enjoy the jeopardy he brings. It’s like he’s playing on the edge with the football at his feet. I’m not too concerned with his general goalkeeping, he’s been part of a very successful team so far. Not saying the time won’t come for Walton.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:55 - Sep 23 with 1960 viewsBloomBlue

If Walton had played today he would have suffered the same issue with his feet. KM wants the GK to play it out short from the back, but Blackburn pressed and marked man to man, making it difficult for Hladky to find a player. That wouldn't change if Walton was playing.
Too many fans are judging L1 teams from last season and thinking the quality of the opposition is the same, it's not.
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 22:01 - Sep 23 with 1953 viewsArnoldMoorhen

If we had had Pears in goal today, and they had had Hladky, then Blackburn would have won that game by 2 or 3 goals.

You can't ask much more of a player than to completely outclass his opposite number, can you?
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 22:03 - Sep 23 with 1951 viewsNeedhamChris

As the bloke in Front of me said today, the team is playing out from the back as McKenna had asked them to.

Blackburn were bloody quick and this slowly slowly tippy tappy out from the back will in some games be fraught with danger . Blackburn had identified that we try to beat the press by the short forward pass directly in front of our goal. Bloody risky in my book but Blackburn looked for that pass and pounced. We’re too slow in bring the ball out in my view. There’s always a big risk in trying to entice the press forwards onto you then waiting until the very last second to pass
It : it’s essentially Russian Roulette; at some point you’re going to get caught out.

We're the side that statistically attack the fastest in the division but you think we take too long to bring the ball out?

You've discussed all the risk without when acknowledging the reward of that approach, suggests you're just looking for a negative take.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 22:14 - Sep 23 with 1935 viewsmrfixit426

The absolute state of this reply. I wonder if some people on here actually know anything about football other than "kick it in the goal."
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 22:14]
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 22:40 - Sep 23 with 1901 viewsWonky

You don't drop the keeper in a winning team unless you're forced too by that keeper losing form and confidence.

That's how I understand most teams operate.
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 09:47 - Sep 24 with 1753 viewsGarv

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 21:04 - Sep 23 by StokieBlue

I don't know of course but I am pretty sure his main concern for a keeper is being able to keep the ball out of the goal.

SB

Maybe not if he's happy to win 4-3 every week!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

LOL on 09:52 - Sep 24 with 1744 viewsDubtractor

LOL on 21:29 - Sep 23 by Dyland

We won ffs

P.S. We didn't concede today from playing out from the back

P.P.S. Hladky kicked long as much as not today, and far more than we've done all season.

The negativity after winning, and complete squiffeyed useless analysis from some quarters is extraordinary!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 22:10]

Mad isn't it? It's like people have already decided what our weakness is, and will blame that regardless of what actually happens.

Where Blackburn were dangerous today was playing through OUR high press - we'd committed players forward and left them space to play behind.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

LOL on 10:17 - Sep 24 with 1707 viewsChurchman

LOL on 09:52 - Sep 24 by Dubtractor

Mad isn't it? It's like people have already decided what our weakness is, and will blame that regardless of what actually happens.

Where Blackburn were dangerous today was playing through OUR high press - we'd committed players forward and left them space to play behind.

Agreed, sometimes you have to give the opposition a bit of credit. Their first and third goals were excellent and pretty unstoppable. Decent team.

At home we are averaging three goals a game. Do that and you are going to collect a lot of points. Ok only four games, but one was against a really strong team in Leeds, two against more than decent ones and Stoke who were poor. So a reasonable sample.

On a like note, I really enjoyed Hirst’s goal. Having a player who can run on to a long pass like that doesn’t half give the opposition an extra problem when they are facing a ‘passing’ team.

Edit: back to the thread subject, for me Walton is the better keeper so he should come into the side. But Lladky has done very well and I certainly wouldn’t rush Walton back. There’s no need.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 10:19]
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 10:40 - Sep 24 with 1692 viewsibbleobble

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 19:38 - Sep 23 by BarcaBlue

You don't feel bad saying that though, do you? You were just itching for a negative. Which of the 3 goals should he have stopped?

Quite obviously the second one. He was rooted to his line when the connection was in the 6-yard box after a missed header. Keeper should be claiming that every single time. His mistake let them back in. He’s a number two, Walton is number one - it’s a no brainer.
I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 10:46 - Sep 24 with 1685 viewsDublinBlue84

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 10:40 - Sep 24 by ibbleobble

Quite obviously the second one. He was rooted to his line when the connection was in the 6-yard box after a missed header. Keeper should be claiming that every single time. His mistake let them back in. He’s a number two, Walton is number one - it’s a no brainer.

Was that the one where Woolfenden (who must not be criticised even when it is his fault as he is one of our own) missed his header?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 15:03 - Sep 24 with 1618 viewsGeoffSentence

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 09:47 - Sep 24 by Garv

Maybe not if he's happy to win 4-3 every week!

Every week?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 15:15 - Sep 24 with 1597 viewsVegtablue

I will concede that Hladky may be a risk now on 10:40 - Sep 24 by ibbleobble

Well we haven't got long to find out hopefully, given Walton is in full training next week. FWIW I've been delighted with Hladky's overall performance this season, so if McKenna agrees with you that is even better news for our squad strength.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024