Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obv always happy not to lose 17:02 - Nov 4 with 5760 viewsFrimleyBlue

But that is 3 sub par performances.

Now..... on one hand. We know you do it all, all season
The other part is for us to stay top 2.. we kinda need to.

Let's just win on Tues and today's a cracking draw.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:05 - Nov 4 with 3291 viewsKeno

Cup half empty or cup half full?

obviously Norwich cant use that adage, they have no cups

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:10 - Nov 4 with 3192 viewspointofblue

Three sub par performances where, on xG, we've deserved the win each time (providing you're not including the reserves against Fulham as one of the aforementioned performances).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:12 - Nov 4 with 3168 viewsjimmyvet

Give it a break you can’t wait to spout your negative rubbish. What a come back away from home with 10 to go shows what great spirit and desire we have as a group even in tough circumstances.
Obv always happy not to lose on 17:15 - Nov 4 with 3136 viewsFrimleyBlue

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:12 - Nov 4 by jimmyvet

Give it a break you can’t wait to spout your negative rubbish. What a come back away from home with 10 to go shows what great spirit and desire we have as a group even in tough circumstances.

What are you on about. I'm absolutely Buzzing we got that draw.

Waka waka eh eh

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:16 - Nov 4 with 3133 viewsRadlett_blue

Is "par" now winning every week?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:17 - Nov 4 with 3110 viewsFrimleyBlue

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:05 - Nov 4 by Keno

Always happy with a draw away from home keno.

I honestly think it depends on what your expectations are now..

I'm still in pre season mode where anything top 10 was great.

For top two... the last 3 games haven't been great performances despite results.. that's all I was saying.

I'm still buzzing tho. A draw after being 2 down is excellent. It really is.

Waka waka eh eh

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:17 - Nov 4 with 3108 viewsNthQldITFC

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:05 - Nov 4 by Keno

Their version is "water on the table, or water on the floor?"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Sorry Frimmers you’ve got that all wrong - that is LIKE a win on 17:18 - Nov 4 with 3093 viewsunstableblue

Pivotal game in our season

And the way we turned that around

The character we showed

The running towards adversity proven

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:19 - Nov 4 with 3088 viewsFrimleyBlue

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:16 - Nov 4 by Radlett_blue

Is "par" now winning every week?

No. You just have to be honest and appreciate we haven't been as good lately despite results. Again that's not being over negative. Just reality compared to previous performances.

Lots of you playing the poster not the post imo.

Waka waka eh eh

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:19 - Nov 4 with 3080 viewsKeno

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:17 - Nov 4 by NthQldITFC

Their version is "water on the table, or water on the floor?"

is that cos they havent got a pot to p1ss in?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:27 - Nov 4 with 2995 viewsGavTWTD

Hate to say it but I do agree with Frimley. We've lacked something. I don't know if its because Davis is being forced back more and can't bomb down the left as much (I certainly felt that was the case against Plymouth). I don't know whether we're missing Burns as maybe he's more effective than Hutchinson (good work for the leveler though). We've just not had that zing. Maybe McKenna will be a bit more technical about why, but yes delighted we got the equaliser but a little fearful that we're dropping points where we weren't doing before. Three points on tuesday please.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:35 - Nov 4 with 2922 viewsFrimleyBlue

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:27 - Nov 4 by GavTWTD

Hate to say it but I do agree with Frimley. We've lacked something. I don't know if its because Davis is being forced back more and can't bomb down the left as much (I certainly felt that was the case against Plymouth). I don't know whether we're missing Burns as maybe he's more effective than Hutchinson (good work for the leveler though). We've just not had that zing. Maybe McKenna will be a bit more technical about why, but yes delighted we got the equaliser but a little fearful that we're dropping points where we weren't doing before. Three points on tuesday please.

We just seem rather leggy gav. Go back to that game after the Rotherham postponement I thought ok rusty legs. But the following two games have been exactly the same.

As much I didn't rate burns going forwards. I also wasn't blind to what he does defensively.. so yes that may play a part. But having said that. Burns being on the potch doesn't mean luongo suddenly has 4 more gears available or davis can make that crisp 5 yard pass.

We just seem rusty.

Waka waka eh eh

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:37 - Nov 4 with 2880 viewsRyorry

We're definitely missing Burns. And tiredness/injuries bound to catch up with us at some point, esp on a heavy pitch like St. A's sounded.

Pitch & weather probably suiting others' games more than ours too.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:41 - Nov 4 with 2839 viewsmrfixit426

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:35 - Nov 4 by FrimleyBlue

We just seem rather leggy gav. Go back to that game after the Rotherham postponement I thought ok rusty legs. But the following two games have been exactly the same.

As much I didn't rate burns going forwards. I also wasn't blind to what he does defensively.. so yes that may play a part. But having said that. Burns being on the potch doesn't mean luongo suddenly has 4 more gears available or davis can make that crisp 5 yard pass.

We just seem rusty.

We looked leggy because they pressed at 100mph from the first whistle, with the intent that they could force themselves into a winning position before their legs went.

They managed to do this, but as soon as they started blowing, we took control. I admit our passing was off a bit today, but I still thought we would get back into it (albeit not so late again pls) , and ultimately was a little disappointed we didn't finish them off.

All things considered, any point away from home is a good result, and we did show great character today. You can't ignore the weather conditions either. If we win on Tuesday, it's an incredible four game set.
Obv always happy not to lose on 17:42 - Nov 4 with 2828 viewsbluefunk

Do you expect to win every game then? We’ve dropped 4 points away and 3 at home in virtually a third of the season, we’re hardly making a habit of dropping points are we?
Obv always happy not to lose on 17:45 - Nov 4 with 2778 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:19 - Nov 4 by FrimleyBlue

No. You just have to be honest and appreciate we haven't been as good lately despite results. Again that's not being over negative. Just reality compared to previous performances.

Agree we haven’t, but we’re no longer an unknown quantity in the way we play so I’ll give some credit to the opposition in how they are setting up their teams to counter us.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

No No No on 17:46 - Nov 4 with 2761 viewsunstableblue

I’m afraid yourself, Frimmers and Cheltenham are missing the point

Yes our form has been on the slide against Bristol and in part Plymouth

But I felt the second half was a pivot point, an inflection point for the season

We turned the form around in terrible conditions, and dominated and were close to winning

I expect we will spank Rotherham now and go into Swansea much stronger

That second half, those subs.. getting the draw… it’s HOOGE

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:46 - Nov 4 with 2758 viewsBigCommon

Below par first 40 minutes... Own goal gave us a mountain to climb, and tested KM's ability to work something out, and affect the game.. He passed that test. And players climbed that mountain.. Very proud of our team today..
Obv always happy not to lose on 17:46 - Nov 4 with 2759 viewsblueasfook

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:12 - Nov 4 by jimmyvet

I think Frimmers has a point. We've rode our luck a bit recently. But then we have played two tough teams in Argyle and Brum. I was keeping an eye on the score from the airport and we looked down and out. Was delighted to just check now and see it ended 2-2

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:47 - Nov 4 with 2734 viewsFrimleyBlue

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:45 - Nov 4 by StochesStotasBlewe

Agree we haven’t, but we’re no longer an unknown quantity in the way we play so I’ll give some credit to the opposition in how they are setting up their teams to counter us.

We haven't been an unknown. We've played the same way as we did in league 1

What we haven't done in the past 3 games is pass the ball well. It's mainly that imo.

Waka waka eh eh

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:50 - Nov 4 with 2693 viewsGavTWTD

We just seem rusty.

Maybe Burns makes himself more available than Hutchinson and is able to help move the passage of play forward better (i have nothing to back that up). H has tricks but we're missing Burns imo.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:50 - Nov 4 with 2691 viewsChurchman

Not as fluent as we have been but 3 games, 2 away, 7 from 9 points 6 goals scored. I’m over the moon with that. Other teams have a right to play and it’s a tough ole division..

Plymouth last week were the second best team to visit PR after Leeds - 3 points. Birmingham - hurting after a sequence of defeats under a new manager and playing for their careers, awful place to play and a poor record there. Like Vic and others, I had a bad feeling about today but from the reports, we fought back into it for the draw. Getting a point like that feels as good as a win.

Glass very much half full.

Relax and enjoy all - we’ve made an extraordinary start to the season. Well done Marcus Harness. A good player and valuable asset to us. And boy, what a finish that was for the equaliser.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 17:51]
Obv always happy not to lose on 17:51 - Nov 4 with 2677 viewsITFCBlues

We just seem rusty.

Absoloutley nothing wrong with the Bristol performance. Created numerous chances, double what Bristol did. Yes we had to defend the last 15 mins, but they never looked like scoring, other than the one off the line.

People just expecting us to keep rolling teams over by 3 or 4 goals. This isn't L1 anymore, you've gotta grind out results each week.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:54 - Nov 4 with 2630 viewsN2_Blue

Dropping points?

We’ve only dropped 7 points all season!!!

We weren’t good today but still turned it around to put Birmingham massively under cosh in parts of that 2nd half

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:55 - Nov 4 with 2616 viewsblueislander

Obv always happy not to lose on 17:19 - Nov 4 by FrimleyBlue

You never give the credit that is due to our opponents. Birmingham played very well up to the last 15 minutes. I consider that to be a point won rather than 2 lost.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024