Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things that annoy you more than they should.. 11:44 - Nov 12 with 31341 views_clive_baker_

The guy in the row behind me at PR who calls Harness Harkness. Grinds my gears.

Non football related but people who overuse the word 'genuinely'. The only thing worse is when people say 'generally' when they really mean 'genuinely'.
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:34 - Nov 16 with 2344 viewsWeWereZombies

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:28 - Nov 16 by hoppy

There's been a fuse of them now.

So IC

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:35 - Nov 16 with 2347 viewshoppy

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:33 - Nov 16 by Argyle_blue

People who say ‘He didn’t batter an eyelid’ when they mean ‘didn’t bat an eyelid’. Makes me want to batter their eyelids.

Ah, but do you mean 'batter' them or 'batter' them?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:41 - Nov 16 with 2330 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:33 - Nov 16 by hoppy

You could always switch to Football Only mode?

And concentrate on talking about tr Ipswich ?
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:03 - Nov 16 with 2307 viewsSparky85

The person in the row behind me at PR:

Has an opinion about everything, and keeps talking until someone agrees
Commentates on most aspects of the game
Says at least 3 times, how is that offside? When we are in SBR and there is no way we can actually tell
Other constant favourites of 'how much are they paying you ref' or 'are you blind ref' or 'put their shirt on ref' - most games

The above annoys me more than it should, but I think adding in that said person is also a little but of a talking spitter, can make for some rather unpleasant moments...

Non football related - Kay Burley on Sky News. I don't know what it is, just can't stand her (but the better half prefers it to other news channels)
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 07:56 - Nov 17 with 2223 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 07:17 - Nov 16 by iamatractorboy

Chorizo being pronounced incorrectly.

I think I might be the opposite of you, I HATE people who pronounce it correctly (i.e. choritho) and in a Spanish accent - if they're English and in England. Yes we know you went to Spain once. No-one's impressed. You're a builder called Dave from Walthamstow, say it the English way. And without spitting, with your tongue between your teeth, tw@.

If you're going for a weekend in Paris your don't say you're off to Pariee do you?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:09 - Nov 17 with 2194 viewsWeWereZombies

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 07:56 - Nov 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think I might be the opposite of you, I HATE people who pronounce it correctly (i.e. choritho) and in a Spanish accent - if they're English and in England. Yes we know you went to Spain once. No-one's impressed. You're a builder called Dave from Walthamstow, say it the English way. And without spitting, with your tongue between your teeth, tw@.

If you're going for a weekend in Paris your don't say you're off to Pariee do you?

You mispronounced Paree...

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:20 - Nov 17 with 2183 viewsRyorry

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:33 - Nov 16 by Argyle_blue

People who say ‘He didn’t batter an eyelid’ when they mean ‘didn’t bat an eyelid’. Makes me want to batter their eyelids.

Eye stand with eyelids.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:30 - Nov 17 with 2167 viewshoppy

Add this to the list....

Has this been mentioned? Conor Chaplin... by hoppy 17 Nov 2023 10:29
Silver award winner for "Best footballer - football league"...

And they put it out there with him wearing a Pompey shirt... How difficult would it have been to find a picture of him in a Town shirt?

https://x.com/The_FCAs/status/1725287108170891445?s=20

Login to get fewer ads

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:03 - Nov 17 with 2129 viewsKeno

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:09 - Nov 17 by WeWereZombies

You mispronounced Paree...

French, daft language

it would be much easier if everyone just spoke English

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:05 - Nov 17 with 2116 viewstextbackup

Morsy wearing a Celtic shirt on holiday

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:36 - Nov 17 with 2081 viewshoppy

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:03 - Nov 17 by Keno

French, daft language

it would be much easier if everyone just spoke English

and louder?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 13:19 - Nov 17 with 2061 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

People being interviewed that begin the answer to every single question with ‘so’………

Range Rovers and the type of chavvy tw*ts that drive them.

Paddy McGuinness
Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 13:41 - Nov 17 with 2035 viewsWeWereZombies

Zips where the bit you grab to draw the zip up and down has been manufactured so small that it gets caught up in the fold of fly material in your trousers.

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 09:16 - Nov 18 with 1904 viewsRimsy

People on forums who resort to insults, if you dare to have a different view to them.

BlueBlood

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 09:52 - Nov 18 with 1877 viewsPlums

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 13:19 - Nov 17 by OsmansCleanSheet

People being interviewed that begin the answer to every single question with ‘so’………

Range Rovers and the type of chavvy tw*ts that drive them.

Paddy McGuinness

It's better than 'look' which seemed to pervade English cricket interviews a few years back.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 09:55 - Nov 18 with 1862 viewsRyorry

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 13:41 - Nov 17 by WeWereZombies

Zips where the bit you grab to draw the zip up and down has been manufactured so small that it gets caught up in the fold of fly material in your trousers.

Zips.

End of.

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 09:55 - Nov 18 with 1862 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 07:17 - Nov 16 by iamatractorboy

Chorizo being pronounced incorrectly.

Funnily, whilst it annoys me, I have no idea what the correct pronunciation is - it is probably one of those that annoys me!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 09:59 - Nov 18 with 1838 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 15:31 - Nov 16 by Buhrer

Electricity isn't real though.

Dare I ask you to explain how electricity works?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:05 - Nov 18 with 1810 viewsPlums

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 09:59 - Nov 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Dare I ask you to explain how electricity works?

I think this intervention has potential

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 10:08 - Nov 18 with 1799 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 17:03 - Nov 16 by Sparky85

The person in the row behind me at PR:

Has an opinion about everything, and keeps talking until someone agrees
Commentates on most aspects of the game
Says at least 3 times, how is that offside? When we are in SBR and there is no way we can actually tell
Other constant favourites of 'how much are they paying you ref' or 'are you blind ref' or 'put their shirt on ref' - most games

The above annoys me more than it should, but I think adding in that said person is also a little but of a talking spitter, can make for some rather unpleasant moments...

Non football related - Kay Burley on Sky News. I don't know what it is, just can't stand her (but the better half prefers it to other news channels)

I suggest thinking of the most smart-ass reply for all his questions/statements:

how is that offside? Because he was beyond the penultimate defensive player at the moment a forward pass was made. That chap down there with the flag stands in line with the last defender looks up along that line just as the ball is played and decided he was!

how much are they paying you ref? I think they get a fixed fee from the FA for each league match but he will claim expenses as well, I am sure. Of course, occasionally some idiots have accused referees of accepting bribes for a regular league match but the vast majority of time they are baseless speculation.

are you blind ref? I am pretty sure that, if he was he would have a guide dog with him or at least a white stick if not. And I think they would have a bell inside the football too. Do you remember that advert with the cat called Tiddles?

put their shirt on ref! I think everyone would find that rather difficult and confusing if he did. Can you imagine if an ex-player put a referee's shirt on? Everyone seems to think they can do a better job until they are given the job!

It should either shut him up or cause a scrap!

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:10 - Nov 18 with 1761 viewsWeWereZombies

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 09:55 - Nov 18 by Ryorry

Zips.

End of.

Are you suggesting I button it ?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 13:31 - Nov 18 with 1727 viewsRyorry

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:10 - Nov 18 by WeWereZombies

Nah, didn’t mean to needle you, sorry, just thought I’d sew up all the negatives there are about zips.

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:00 - Nov 18 with 1664 viewshoppy

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 12:10 - Nov 18 by WeWereZombies

No flies on you, are there?!

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:27 - Nov 18 with 1634 viewsMJallday

“Unexpected item in the bagging area”

It’s not f****g unexpected- I put it there, I expected it. Stupid ******** things those checkouts

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Things that annoy you more than they should.. on 16:39 - Nov 18 with 1626 viewsWhos_blue

Dermot O'Leary.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024