Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do we insist 19:12 - Nov 25 with 3191 viewsCustardCream

On spending 30 seconds at a time passing the ball between Hladky, Burgess and Woolfenden. Even after a throw-in in the attacking third. Pass it all the way back and p1ss ar5e about at the back. We can’t score from 90 yards out, you’d think they’d know that.
Why do we insist on 19:13 - Nov 25 with 2478 viewsIllinoisblue

Spoiler: because that’s how we play.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why do we insist on 19:14 - Nov 25 with 2454 viewsNeedhamChris

Agree, we've been playing that way for months and we've barely scored a goal in that time...

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Why do we insist on 19:15 - Nov 25 with 2449 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I think the worst thing about today is the fact that we had no intention to change anything about our game at half time, it wasn’t working and it clearly wasn’t going to work and we went out and did the exact same thing.
Why do we insist on 19:16 - Nov 25 with 2400 viewspointofblue

Why do we insist on 19:15 - Nov 25 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I think the worst thing about today is the fact that we had no intention to change anything about our game at half time, it wasn’t working and it clearly wasn’t going to work and we went out and did the exact same thing.

We started the second half ok. The second goal was a killer.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Why do we insist on 19:16 - Nov 25 with 2406 viewsStokieBlue

All coming out of the woodwork I see.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why do we insist on 19:16 - Nov 25 with 2393 viewsCustardCream

Why do we insist on 19:15 - Nov 25 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Exactly this. It’s clear they’re happy to drop off and allow us to do that, at 2-0 down it doesn’t really seem worthwhile wasting our own time.
Why do we insist on 19:16 - Nov 25 with 2375 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why do we insist on 19:14 - Nov 25 by NeedhamChris

Agree, we've been playing that way for months and we've barely scored a goal in that time...

Our goal stats don't give us a point here.

The OP has a point. We've made subs and the game is exactly the same.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Why do we insist on 19:18 - Nov 25 with 2336 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why do we insist on 19:16 - Nov 25 by StokieBlue

SB

Here's SB. Ready to moan at anyone who doesn't like their team losing whilst performing like a lambert era side.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Why do we insist on 19:18 - Nov 25 with 2310 viewsNeedhamChris

Why do we insist on 19:16 - Nov 25 by FrimleyBlue

Our goal stats don't give us a point here.

The OP has a point. We've made subs and the game is exactly the same.

They don't, but they do account for all the points we've won already.

Why do we insist on 19:19 - Nov 25 with 2296 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why do we insist on 19:18 - Nov 25 by NeedhamChris

They don't, but they do account for all the points we've won already.

Which is great. But doesn't help us when we are 0-2 down.

Waka waka eh eh

Why do we insist on 19:20 - Nov 25 with 2304 viewsacj

I think the reasoning behind it is to try to pull the opposition high up the pitch, and leave spaces higher up for our more advanced players to exploit.

Problem here is that at 2-0, West Brom are understandably not all that keen to push up and try to win the ball back. Probably lessons to be learned from today on how to adapt when we need to chase a game like this, but our patterns of play have served us pretty well over the last year or so.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Why do we insist on 19:21 - Nov 25 with 2275 viewsNeedhamChris

Why do we insist on 19:19 - Nov 25 by FrimleyBlue

Which is great. But doesn't help us when we are 0-2 down.

This isn't football manager where you just play a completely different style. Our system is our system and we get a lot more points than we don't.

Why do we insist on 19:22 - Nov 25 with 2270 viewsCustardCream

Why do we insist on 19:16 - Nov 25 by StokieBlue

SB

All what? Pretty sure I can point something out about my team when I notice it. What’s happened up to now doesn’t make any difference, we’ve been awful today and that’s part of the reason imo.
Why do we insist on 19:22 - Nov 25 with 2266 viewsStokieBlue

Why do we insist on 19:18 - Nov 25 by FrimleyBlue

Here's SB. Ready to moan at anyone who doesn't like their team losing whilst performing like a lambert era side.

Why are you singling me out? Most posts on this thread before mine disagreed with him but you felt the need to single my post out.

I have deliberately not responded to any of your posts during the match because you were clearly waiting for a performance like this so you could revel in the defeat. You've been acting like a tw*t all match and I am sure you'll act like one the rest of the night.

Have fun.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why do we insist on 19:23 - Nov 25 with 2242 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why do we insist on 19:21 - Nov 25 by NeedhamChris

This isn't football manager where you just play a completely different style. Our system is our system and we get a lot more points than we don't.

Dont need to be a different style

Just be quicker.

Waka waka eh eh

Why do we insist on 19:38 - Nov 25 with 2112 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Why do we insist on 19:22 - Nov 25 by CustardCream

All what? Pretty sure I can point something out about my team when I notice it. What’s happened up to now doesn’t make any difference, we’ve been awful today and that’s part of the reason imo.

You suggested we completely change the way we have been playing for the last 18 months because we have gone 2.0 down in one game. Not sure how much about ‘your team’ you actually understand or know. So his comment stands up.
Why do we insist on 20:15 - Nov 25 with 2009 viewskeebsdad

Yes, the system has been providing results so far but we do not seem to have a plan B for when other teams suss us out and boy, did West Brom suss us today. Much has been made of McKenna's in-game changes but Broadhead and Chaplin were anonymous in the first half (for that read 'well marked by WBA' not that they were poor) and thus could have, should have been substituted earlier just to change something. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.
Why do we insist on 20:19 - Nov 25 with 1964 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why do we insist on 19:22 - Nov 25 by StokieBlue

Why are you singling me out? Most posts on this thread before mine disagreed with him but you felt the need to single my post out.

I have deliberately not responded to any of your posts during the match because you were clearly waiting for a performance like this so you could revel in the defeat. You've been acting like a tw*t all match and I am sure you'll act like one the rest of the night.

Have fun.

SB

You didn't disagree with him tho. You didn't even give a countering view. I found it odd. Well not odd. That's You.

Oh and you keep saying about me waiting for this. If I was waiting I wouldn't be here every game. Duh.

Enjoy your evening. Have fun.

Waka waka eh eh

Why do we insist on 20:24 - Nov 25 with 1927 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Why do we insist on 19:20 - Nov 25 by acj

I think the reasoning behind it is to try to pull the opposition high up the pitch, and leave spaces higher up for our more advanced players to exploit.

Problem here is that at 2-0, West Brom are understandably not all that keen to push up and try to win the ball back. Probably lessons to be learned from today on how to adapt when we need to chase a game like this, but our patterns of play have served us pretty well over the last year or so.

This is actually a sensible reply to that post. Although I thought the original question was a little off, given how successful we play and create using that style, to the naked eye I can see it being a little frustrating when you're 2 down away from home and the clock is ticking.

When teams don't have to press and can just stay compact it's obviously not as successful. Our long balls weren't really getting us anywhere either though.

Just not our night, but no need to belittle people either.
Why do we insist on 20:29 - Nov 25 with 1881 viewsCustardCream

Why do we insist on 19:38 - Nov 25 by benrhyddingblue

You suggested we completely change the way we have been playing for the last 18 months because we have gone 2.0 down in one game. Not sure how much about ‘your team’ you actually understand or know. So his comment stands up.

At no point did I say we have to change everything..?

Surely it’s fairly obvious that if a team isn’t pressing you, passing it slowly and laboriously around the back isn’t going to get you back in the game.

For what it’s worth I love McKenna and feel priveleged to have him here, but much like at times last season, there doesn’t seem to be a plan B. We’re just very fortunate that for most of his time here we’ve not needed one
Why do we insist on 21:12 - Nov 25 with 1753 viewsWickets

You could always try to learn the merits of playing out from the back the system that has got us to second in the division.
Why do we insist on 21:16 - Nov 25 with 1730 viewsbilllm

Why do we insist on 19:16 - Nov 25 by pointofblue

We started the second half ok. The second goal was a killer.

It's our front 4 they don't do enough away from home,
Why do we insist on 21:21 - Nov 25 with 1713 viewsVegtablue

Why do we insist on 19:20 - Nov 25 by acj

Exactly right, and a number of sides have tried to tempt West Brom out of their defensive shape to no avail. We won't be the last either.
Why do we insist on 22:18 - Nov 25 with 1650 viewsNutkins_Return

This has been covered so many times and McKenna has explained it eloquently on numerous occasions.
Why do we insist on 22:22 - Nov 25 with 1636 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why do we insist on 19:13 - Nov 25 by Illinoisblue

Spoiler: because that’s how we play.

You have to admit it’s a bit frustrating when we’re doing it with 3 minutes left after it’s not worked all game. But that game was a bit of an exception, so I certainly wouldn’t change it. A Plan B up our sleeve wouldn’t hurt though for rare occasions like today.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024