Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Williams.... 23:06 - Dec 29 with 4160 viewsFunge

... goodness me, that was some performance.

Been wondering for a while now why he hasn't been pushing Clarke harder; tonight showed us why.

Something doesn't look right, there, at all - absolutely miles away from Preston, where he looked sublime.

Anyway, onwards
Williams.... on 23:07 - Dec 29 with 4105 viewsreusersfreekicks

Attitude?
Williams.... on 23:10 - Dec 29 with 4026 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The bizarre moment when he was under intense pressure, and just kept running without releasing to a teammate who was in space. And then losing possession in a dangerous area - what was he thinking?!
Williams.... on 23:10 - Dec 29 with 4006 viewsWonTheCupin78

Williams.... on 23:07 - Dec 29 by reusersfreekicks

Attitude?

Something is very wrong, looked right off his game.
Williams.... on 23:14 - Dec 29 with 3876 viewsNeedhamChris

He will be going back - McKenna has given him a chance and he's blown it.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Williams.... on 23:15 - Dec 29 with 3834 viewstextbackup

Williams.... on 23:10 - Dec 29 by SuperKieranMcKenna

The bizarre moment when he was under intense pressure, and just kept running without releasing to a teammate who was in space. And then losing possession in a dangerous area - what was he thinking?!

It’s Williams, he doesn’t think, or use his brain… that’s his problem!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Williams.... on 23:16 - Dec 29 with 3838 viewsJimmy86

What was he thinking? Probably why wasn't anyone showing for the ball, perhaps? I remember watching that passage of play and he held onto it, because there was no option available to him to pass it too!
Williams.... on 23:16 - Dec 29 with 3828 viewsCobboldCrusty

Yeah this was just bizarre - he looked determined to keep it at all costs but there was nothing positive that looked likely to come if it
Williams.... on 23:16 - Dec 29 with 3807 viewspointofblue

Williams.... on 23:14 - Dec 29 by NeedhamChris

Unless there are background issues, we've got more pressing concerns than a right back who struggled on return from being out of the side for a long spell - one half at Watford excluded.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Williams.... on 23:18 - Dec 29 with 3730 viewsNeedhamChris

Williams.... on 23:15 - Dec 29 by textbackup

It’s Williams, he doesn’t think, or use his brain… that’s his problem!

Yep, nor does he look after his brain.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Williams.... on 23:19 - Dec 29 with 3706 viewsbaxterbasics

Williams.... on 23:14 - Dec 29 by NeedhamChris

Two chances recently and he's been subbed off early doors both times.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Williams.... on 23:20 - Dec 29 with 3675 viewsitfcsuth

He certainly looked rusty/poor this evening. However, everyone can have poor games.

I certainly don’t think he’s a PL player by any stretch, and very much a steady Championship full back at best, but we’ve seen he can be better than that.

Think he’ll start LB Saturday if Davis absent.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 23:21]
Williams.... on 23:54 - Dec 29 with 3302 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

An absolute liability tonight.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Williams.... on 23:56 - Dec 29 with 3259 viewspointofblue

I wish we could mould the best traits of Williams and Clarke into one - then we'd have a similar calibre of full back on both sides. For me, Williams is, generally, better defensively than Clarke but Clarke is far better passing out of trouble and starting attacks. Tonight doesn't change that; I thought Williams did ok for the most part when quelling QPR attacks but struggled to start anything going forward.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Williams.... on 23:56 - Dec 29 with 3261 viewsBuhrer

Williams.... on 23:16 - Dec 29 by Jimmy86

What was he thinking? Probably why wasn't anyone showing for the ball, perhaps? I remember watching that passage of play and he held onto it, because there was no option available to him to pass it too!

Hladky pointed out to him immediately after that he had been.
Williams.... on 23:57 - Dec 29 with 3227 viewskizaitfc

Always two options on for a town player, Hladky or lump it up the pitch.

What he did was hand it to the opposition and nearly cost us a goal

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Williams.... on 07:01 - Dec 30 with 2830 viewsClutch

He had atleast 2 chances to pass it away.
Williams.... on 07:24 - Dec 30 with 2733 viewsmuccletonjoe

Williams.... on 23:07 - Dec 29 by reusersfreekicks

Attitude?

Precisely that .
Williams.... on 08:02 - Dec 30 with 2537 viewsElephantintheRoom

Perhaps he’d rather be playing for his football club

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Williams.... on 08:17 - Dec 30 with 2461 viewsBuhrer

Williams.... on 08:02 - Dec 30 by ElephantintheRoom

Perhaps he’d rather be playing for his football club

Like you'd rather be posting about your football club? Perhaps you're taking that poor attitude back in Jan?
Williams.... on 09:06 - Dec 30 with 2174 viewsHerbivore

Was a shocker of a performance from him. It was a tough game all round with all the enforced changes, some of which were very last minute, but a few players didn't cover themselves in glory last night when they had the chance to stake a claim for a few more starts/minutes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Williams.... on 11:00 - Dec 30 with 1615 viewsWickets

Main problem for me was lack of movement off the ball i dont think it was attitude by anyone just disjointed by so many changes and some not sure of what runs to make . Humpreys did well i thought as he had big boots to fill .
Williams.... on 11:14 - Dec 30 with 1555 viewsstonojnr

I'd agree, it looked stupid because ultimately he gave the ball away, but no one was offering him an option to pass to, or moving to create space,a recurring theme last night, his option was do what he did or boot into the stand.

So even if he releases the ball the first chance, he just ends up conceding possession, he needed someone in a blue shirt to do something, they just stood and watched.

Doesn't mean he had a good game, far from it i think he was worst player on the pitch, he wasn't pushing forward, linking up play or providing options like we know he is capable of. It's just that maisy run was symptomatic of the team effort not the individual
Williams.... on 11:32 - Dec 30 with 1479 viewsJimmy86

Williams.... on 11:14 - Dec 30 by stonojnr

I'd agree, it looked stupid because ultimately he gave the ball away, but no one was offering him an option to pass to, or moving to create space,a recurring theme last night, his option was do what he did or boot into the stand.

So even if he releases the ball the first chance, he just ends up conceding possession, he needed someone in a blue shirt to do something, they just stood and watched.

Doesn't mean he had a good game, far from it i think he was worst player on the pitch, he wasn't pushing forward, linking up play or providing options like we know he is capable of. It's just that maisy run was symptomatic of the team effort not the individual

Last night was an off night, in more ways than one! We really need to make some additions in the January window... As you say, there was a distinct lack of movement off the ball! Think sometimes we are still so drilled in our style of play that we don't drive through the middle enough... Still want to create space and hit wide areas.. that's all well and good, if the final ball is good enough, but there are times where there has been acres of space in front of someone and they still persist in the triangles to make space and load the sides for the pull back
Williams.... on 14:22 - Dec 30 with 1162 viewsBlueOsterClub

I thought Williams looked really poor last night and defiantly not the player he was 2 months ago. He looked a liability at times . Clarke was so much better when he came on.

I could see Williams going back to Manchester United now if we get some good new recruits in January
Williams.... on 14:33 - Dec 30 with 1113 viewsHerbivore

Williams.... on 07:01 - Dec 30 by Clutch

He had atleast 2 chances to pass it away.

Indeed, he had plenty of opportunities to pass it but given how poor his passing had been up until then it felt like he didn't back himself to pull off a pass under pressure. Was a really bizarre performance, just miles off what we've seen from him in other games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024