Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. 17:16 - Jan 1 with 1715 viewsSomethingBlue

… is no disaster at all. If someone told me this would constitute our worst run after 26 games I’d have bitten your hand off. Yes you can spin things any which way, but the last few matches have at least shown that even when we’re bedraggled & off it we are still very tough to beat. It’s a great trait to have and yet another positive element we’ve transferred from L1. Very big month ahead reinforcements-wise but, as far as the league table is concerned, it strikes me that we’ve come through a really punishing spell in an outstanding position.
[Post edited 1 Jan 17:18]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:19 - Jan 1 with 1636 viewsFrimleyBlue

Whilst true.. we had this issue last winter.

Draws can hurt if you have to many.
For example I'd have taken a loss today had we beaten qpr.. we'd still be better off.

The Leeds loss... didn't matter had we beat nodge or even Leicester.

It's OK. Its not the worst thing that can happen. But we've gone from 10 points clear of 3rd to 3 points in 2 weeks.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:22 - Jan 1 with 1582 viewsJ2BLUE

Couldn't agree more.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:24 - Jan 1 with 1558 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

PPG is really what we are looking at though, you’d obviously swap winning two of Norwich/QPR/Stoke and not grabbing an equalizer against Leicester.

If we can get out of the Leicester away game still in the top 2 I’d be very happy but ten point gap after Watford now seems months ago when in reality it was only a few weeks. My aim was to get to New Years with a 5 point gap, a goal today would have done that so it’s a shame.

All in all this winter so far has been fine but just a bit of a dodgy and frustrating festive period. Big window up coming.
[Post edited 1 Jan 17:27]
A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:27 - Jan 1 with 1505 viewstractorboy1978

You are spot of course. I just hope these latest two results and the injuries/illness over the last week don't come back to haunt us. The big positive is that the window has come at the perfect time and we now have scope to do something about it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 17:31]
No sh1t Sherlock on 17:29 - Jan 1 with 1471 viewsDyland

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:19 - Jan 1 by FrimleyBlue

For example I'd have taken a loss today had we beaten qpr.. we'd still be better off.

It's OK. Its not the worst thing that can happen. But we've gone from 10 points clear of 3rd to 3 points in 2 weeks.

"Draws can hurt if you have to many.
For example I'd have taken a loss today had we beaten qpr.. we'd still be better off. "

Obviously.

We were trying to win both games so not sure what your point is here. Last winter we added ridiculously successfully in January and once we were up to speed, we were irresistable, That seems highly unlikely to happen this month cos we're shopping in and competing in (literally) a different league, but we should be able to strengthen the squad depth at the very least.

Teams lose games. Not sure either what the fuss is about the gap narrowing, apart from the obvious disappointment any fan would have. But there's very little football insight in many of these "points" and negative comments. Even World Champions Leeds keep fooking it up.

As you say, it's not the worst thing than can happen.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:31 - Jan 1 with 1415 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s the same blip we had this time last year. Not playing badly and not losing. But drawing games that with the rub of the green we would have won.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:32 - Jan 1 with 1402 viewsburnbudgiesburn

I mentioned earlier that coming out of this Stoke game with any sort of lead over Southampton would be a result given our illness and inury worries.

You could tell Broady/Burns were not 100% - indeed Wes was said to be 'very' ill on the day of the QPR game.

We are very hard to beat though, as you say.
A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:40 - Jan 1 with 1317 viewsKev_W

Drawing away in this league is rarely a bad result.Not losing is really important. So many sides in the Championship find themselves in a ‘win one, lose one’ type of sequence and important that we don’t slip into that pattern for the remainder of the season.

Significant reinforcements needed urgently.
Login to get fewer ads

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:43 - Jan 1 with 1267 viewspointofblue

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:40 - Jan 1 by Kev_W

Drawing away in this league is rarely a bad result.Not losing is really important. So many sides in the Championship find themselves in a ‘win one, lose one’ type of sequence and important that we don’t slip into that pattern for the remainder of the season.

Really? If the last five matches were LWLWL we'd have got six points. As it is, we picked up four.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:45 - Jan 1 with 1237 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:40 - Jan 1 by Kev_W

I know what you mean but PPG since Watford suggests otherwise. A draw away is very decent if you win the home games you’re supposed to really. Christmas hasn’t been our best return but the run up to allowed some margin for error.
A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:47 - Jan 1 with 1178 viewsGarv

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:43 - Jan 1 by pointofblue

Really? If the last five matches were LWLWL we'd have got six points. As it is, we picked up four.

So not a massive difference then. I think the belief the team will take from not losing those two extra games, meaning the only games we have lost this season is Leeds twice and West Brom away, will have a big impact in the long run.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:49 - Jan 1 with 1151 viewspointofblue

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:47 - Jan 1 by Garv

So not a massive difference then. I think the belief the team will take from not losing those two extra games, meaning the only games we have lost this season is Leeds twice and West Brom away, will have a big impact in the long run.

Perhaps. I don't think there would have been a massive mental impact if they'd lost to Leicester but beat QPR, though the atmosphere when the equaliser went in was electric.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:50 - Jan 1 with 1143 viewsChurchman

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:19 - Jan 1 by FrimleyBlue

That’s because Southampton have been on a great run of form. It happens. Leeds are seven points behind so they’ve not exactly torn and trees up in the last month.

Yes, we had this issue last winter. A few were giving it the ‘we need somebody with more experience’ line. ‘Call for Colin’ etc. ‘we are a one trick pony’’we’ve been found out’. Toys out of the pram. The knives were not out but the handles were being fingered.

Ok we are not at our best. After the Watford games I thought we’d take more than three points off Norwich, QPR and Stoke. Probably four more points. I also thought we’d get zippo out of Leicester and Leeds. It’s not worked out that way. It never does. A derby game is just that, but we should have done better. Norwich got the breaks and there it is. It’s sport. Leicester? We deserved a point.

I didn't think we deserved anything much from QPR. Our team ravaged I was grateful for a clean sheet and a point. Today - new manager, rubbish weather, long way from home, unsettled team, no Hirst I said before the game I’d be more than happy with a point, but didn’t fancy our chances. We got that and kept a second clean sheet in a row. One goal conceded in three games - better after leaking goals for fun.

We are second in the division 1/1/24. I’d never have dreamt we’d do so well. It may not last. People may think we’re a busted flush. They may be right, but I doubt it.

Be happy and trust what we as a club are trying to do. Enjoy the fact that we have a football ground that looks loved and is full every week, a club that looks organised and is growing, a team that’s won an extraordinary number of games in the last 12 months. We have a lot to be proud of and a look forward to however the season finishes. If we fall away, we’ll learn from it and be stronger next year.

I read the stuff about Ben Moore and how the club invited him to Playford Road and looked after him. That is our club, so I’m not going to die in a ditch over a few games without a win. A draw at Stoke this afternoon? I’ll take that all day and leave the moaning to the glass half empty brigade.
A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:54 - Jan 1 with 1075 viewsFrimleyBlue

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:50 - Jan 1 by Churchman

That’s because Southampton have been on a great run of form. It happens. Leeds are seven points behind so they’ve not exactly torn and trees up in the last month.

Yes, we had this issue last winter. A few were giving it the ‘we need somebody with more experience’ line. ‘Call for Colin’ etc. ‘we are a one trick pony’’we’ve been found out’. Toys out of the pram. The knives were not out but the handles were being fingered.

Ok we are not at our best. After the Watford games I thought we’d take more than three points off Norwich, QPR and Stoke. Probably four more points. I also thought we’d get zippo out of Leicester and Leeds. It’s not worked out that way. It never does. A derby game is just that, but we should have done better. Norwich got the breaks and there it is. It’s sport. Leicester? We deserved a point.

I didn't think we deserved anything much from QPR. Our team ravaged I was grateful for a clean sheet and a point. Today - new manager, rubbish weather, long way from home, unsettled team, no Hirst I said before the game I’d be more than happy with a point, but didn’t fancy our chances. We got that and kept a second clean sheet in a row. One goal conceded in three games - better after leaking goals for fun.

We are second in the division 1/1/24. I’d never have dreamt we’d do so well. It may not last. People may think we’re a busted flush. They may be right, but I doubt it.

Be happy and trust what we as a club are trying to do. Enjoy the fact that we have a football ground that looks loved and is full every week, a club that looks organised and is growing, a team that’s won an extraordinary number of games in the last 12 months. We have a lot to be proud of and a look forward to however the season finishes. If we fall away, we’ll learn from it and be stronger next year.

I read the stuff about Ben Moore and how the club invited him to Playford Road and looked after him. That is our club, so I’m not going to die in a ditch over a few games without a win. A draw at Stoke this afternoon? I’ll take that all day and leave the moaning to the glass half empty brigade.

I don't see anyone moaning really churchman. Even I'm not. Was just explaining that draws aren't that positive when that's the only thing you're achieving during a run.

Nothing really can be expected anymore than compete at the moment.

We've lost 10 goal involvements in hirst
We don't have league top assister in Davis
Broadheads nowhere near the player he can be. Today we can take that as not being 100%. He couldn't have been.

End of day. Based on summer expectations. It's just a run if games and we are competing so all good.

If you're mindset is top 2.. then it's not been a nice couple of weeks. But we are still there.

Either way. This window is massive

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 18:17 - Jan 1 with 969 viewsITFC_Forever

Suspect we won’t be second by the time we next kick a ball in the league.

But we’ve achieved a lot so far this season, and we’re not done yet.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 18:20 - Jan 1 with 941 viewsAlanG296

Curious that before those pre-match festivities for that mid season game against a mid-table opponent last month we had only failed to win 5 of our 21 league games. Since the festivities we've failed to win 5 games out of 5.

We were having such a great season competing with those failures from above and their anti-competition subsidies from another league.
A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 19:15 - Jan 1 with 783 viewsGarv

A blip in which we’re not really losing games …. on 17:49 - Jan 1 by pointofblue

Perhaps. I don't think there would have been a massive mental impact if they'd lost to Leicester but beat QPR, though the atmosphere when the equaliser went in was electric.

I think that goal is big. Lose and we go away thinking we played well but ultimately huffed and puffed and couldn't score past the the best defence in the league. As it was we showed we deserve to be up there with them.

I'm currently trying to work how many fewer points I'd have taken over the Christmas period if it meant Hirst wasn't out for the season. I'd have definitely taken a reduction of some kind.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024