Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously 18:26 - Jan 13 with 16168 viewsunstableblue

This is a town team that is missing its captain, it’s main central mid forward, it’s best forward. Playing against a very strong team. And we’ve clawed it back to 1-1.

And YET TO STILL DON’T SING?!

The lads need the support.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:15 - Jan 13 with 1662 viewsgainsboroughblue

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:04 - Jan 13 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I hate to criticize from across the ocean when get to one game a year but it does sound really poor. Can literally hear individual comments on the ESPN feed. They had to apologize for language picked up a few times.

Just a few distant predictable songs you can hear in the background and it sounds like just 5% of the stadium are making any effort at all?

I don’t buy the acoustics or it’s a bit cold argument either. I’ve heard that place rocking since the stands got done but it was about twenty years ago.

This meant to sound ageist at all but maybe the modern younger 20s something are a bit different from those that used to go back in the day and our older support aren’t as lively as they used to be?

Was it better last season? If so that makes little sense.

It makes no sense sometimes. I've been to games where we've made a hell of a row in the pub beforehand, then in the concourse downstairs. Game starts and it's silent.

The scenes before Norwich were brilliant. It just doesn't seem to marry up with what happens in the stands often.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:16 - Jan 13 with 1648 viewsSlambo

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 21:27 - Jan 13 by bob12

BA was dead quiet first half as well.

Complete and utter nonsense. It was relentless in A Block. The first half was up there with the best it's been all season...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:21 - Jan 13 with 1620 viewsReuser_is_God

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:15 - Jan 13 by gainsboroughblue

It makes no sense sometimes. I've been to games where we've made a hell of a row in the pub beforehand, then in the concourse downstairs. Game starts and it's silent.

The scenes before Norwich were brilliant. It just doesn't seem to marry up with what happens in the stands often.

I think a lot of the issues in recent games are because of fans becoming more expectant which is just ridiculous, that place should be rocking week in week out for 90 minutes. A year ago we were playing Morecambe & Forest Green.

I’ve seen comments on Twitter post game today from people in SBRL saying they couldn’t hear A Block which is odd as they were joining in with us second half.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:23 - Jan 13 with 1605 viewsReuser_is_God

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:04 - Jan 13 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I hate to criticize from across the ocean when get to one game a year but it does sound really poor. Can literally hear individual comments on the ESPN feed. They had to apologize for language picked up a few times.

Just a few distant predictable songs you can hear in the background and it sounds like just 5% of the stadium are making any effort at all?

I don’t buy the acoustics or it’s a bit cold argument either. I’ve heard that place rocking since the stands got done but it was about twenty years ago.

This meant to sound ageist at all but maybe the modern younger 20s something are a bit different from those that used to go back in the day and our older support aren’t as lively as they used to be?

Was it better last season? If so that makes little sense.

At the end of last season even the SAR were singing.

Evans out

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:25 - Jan 13 with 1596 viewsSlambo

Nothing wrong with the atmos in A Block my friend. Absolutely raucous in there today - the first half in particular was among the best this season. The lads done the team proud...

I've said this before and will keep saying it until everyone listens: as the home of ITFC's vociferous, partisan support, the North Stand is DEAD, and has been for some time. Why d'you think we cleared out of there..?! Anybody who wants to sing at football needs to simply transfer their ticket to Upper Cobbold, Block A. Join the revolution...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:29 - Jan 13 with 1551 viewsNeedhamChris

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:25 - Jan 13 by Slambo

Nothing wrong with the atmos in A Block my friend. Absolutely raucous in there today - the first half in particular was among the best this season. The lads done the team proud...

I've said this before and will keep saying it until everyone listens: as the home of ITFC's vociferous, partisan support, the North Stand is DEAD, and has been for some time. Why d'you think we cleared out of there..?! Anybody who wants to sing at football needs to simply transfer their ticket to Upper Cobbold, Block A. Join the revolution...

Didn't you only clear out of there once you'd tried and failed to stay?

I'm in Area 4 SBRL, you just can't really hear you there.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:31 - Jan 13 with 1532 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Second half was ok after we had a few chances I thought. First half from where I sit was really quiet.

I don't think the issue is too complicated, We just don't have a full stand who want to sing. A Block i'm sure give it a go (I can't hear them from where I am) but think thats an acoustics thing. But thats only one block. Lower North have a couple of sections who try, but probably 50% of people in there dont sing. Then the other two stands are just very quiet always

Im not sure what the solution is but something needs to be done by someone because the players and staff deserve more.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:31 - Jan 13 with 1529 viewsgainsboroughblue

For the TV viewer it is often about what is seen as much as what is heard. It's even the animation in the crowd that is missing, you know the jumping out of your seat, waving your arms at a diving opponent etc. Blue Action is great obviously but A block is a little bit out of view for that and stuck in a corner possibly isn't the best place to orchestrate noise through the ground, not that it is BA's sole responsibility.

A lot of people have said the location of away fans is important but at least until Cobbold is redeveloped, that won't be changing. I've always thought since the last decade or so, the vocal element were better served gradually transitioning to the SAR end in a mountain going to mohammed type way. North Stand has been the focal point for noise since the 60s but times change and it's not been the same stand for 30 years.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:31 - Jan 13 with 1521 viewstextbackup

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:51 - Jan 13 by strikalite

Do you think BA need to come back to lower North mate?

Because all lower North sing is hark now hear ffs

I think far too many youngsters that were riding a wave were expecting to beat Norwich, the game they’d longed for for a couple of years, and it’s knocked something out of them.

I think they’ll bounce back again though.

I also think NSL has far too many older fans in there these days with no desire to start or keep songs going. It’s their choice as they pay their money… but I just don’t know why anyone would want that view if not to take part in creating an atmosphere.

Barely heard BA all game either

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Innit on 22:32 - Jan 13 with 1524 viewsDyland

At times, and I couldn't quite believe my ears, the Pioneer was making more noise than the Lower North.

Wouldn't it be better (for the atmosphere) if you lot were in the Churchmans near the away fans?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The problem is that.... on 22:34 - Jan 13 with 1504 viewsBloots

....the only people that can hear you are the rest of block A, the block in the tier below and Section 6.

I applaud what you lot are trying to do, but we have to be honest and admit that the atmosphere overall has worsened since you moved.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:36 - Jan 13 with 1496 viewsevansblue

I know it's not just the north lower who should sing but going back years the north is where it starts - it's the hub. Seems to me there are way too many people who should have moved out years ago still in there offering nothing to the atmosphere. I got old and moved out. My mates did. We aren't up for 90 minutes of singing anymore.

Given the ground is now full I guess we have to accept this is how it is for the moment. That said fair play to blue action and the boys in the corner of the cobbold. You both sound good from the west stand. Keep it up.
Unfortunately tis true (n/t) on 22:37 - Jan 13 with 1471 viewsDyland

The problem is that.... on 22:34 - Jan 13 by Bloots

....the only people that can hear you are the rest of block A, the block in the tier below and Section 6.

I applaud what you lot are trying to do, but we have to be honest and admit that the atmosphere overall has worsened since you moved.

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:39 - Jan 13 with 1450 viewsguestlinger

Im in C Block and the atmosphere is usually great given we are between Blue Army and the away fans. I think Blue Army do a great job and I very much appreciate their efforts and always try to join in with the singing. COYBs
POST OF THE DAY on 22:40 - Jan 13 with 1425 viewsunstableblue

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:36 - Jan 13 by evansblue

I know it's not just the north lower who should sing but going back years the north is where it starts - it's the hub. Seems to me there are way too many people who should have moved out years ago still in there offering nothing to the atmosphere. I got old and moved out. My mates did. We aren't up for 90 minutes of singing anymore.

Given the ground is now full I guess we have to accept this is how it is for the moment. That said fair play to blue action and the boys in the corner of the cobbold. You both sound good from the west stand. Keep it up.

Nailed it

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:42 - Jan 13 with 1387 viewstextbackup

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:16 - Jan 13 by Slambo

Complete and utter nonsense. It was relentless in A Block. The first half was up there with the best it's been all season...

I’ll be honest, I heard little to nothing from BA (I’m top of NS pioneer side) but heard pretty much every song of Sunderland as if I was sitting in with them.

That’s not a dig at BA btw, has to be how the sound travels

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:45 - Jan 13 with 1354 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:36 - Jan 13 by evansblue

I have to say as someone who is the "wrong" side of 65 that my matchday experience has been enhanced fantastically since BA decided to join me in Cobbold A.

I no longer feel isolated when joining in with the chants/songs I hear.

Now if the rest of you spread throughout the ground could help then that would be great.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

POST OF THE DAY on 22:47 - Jan 13 with 1318 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

POST OF THE DAY on 22:40 - Jan 13 by unstableblue

Nailed it

I would happily stand and sing in Cobbold C but fear I might get tutted at.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:49 - Jan 13 with 1300 viewsbuoyant

Fat thumbs downvoted. I couldn't agree more

Forza BA ..... Keep going guys

UTT

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:50 - Jan 13 with 1284 viewsevansblue

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:45 - Jan 13 by You_Bloo_Right

I have to say as someone who is the "wrong" side of 65 that my matchday experience has been enhanced fantastically since BA decided to join me in Cobbold A.

I no longer feel isolated when joining in with the chants/songs I hear.

Now if the rest of you spread throughout the ground could help then that would be great.

You are a lucky lad as I would Love to be sat near them. Pleased you are enjoying it 👍
Same here, and I'm nearish you on 22:51 - Jan 13 with 1282 viewsDyland

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:42 - Jan 13 by textbackup

I’ll be honest, I heard little to nothing from BA (I’m top of NS pioneer side) but heard pretty much every song of Sunderland as if I was sitting in with them.

That’s not a dig at BA btw, has to be how the sound travels

I thought the atmosphere was completely flat all first half. But the folk I drove home who are upper Pioneer thought the atmosphere was really good.

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:51 - Jan 13 with 1283 viewstonydinning

I did this today. Bought a ticket in block A, singing section. Game kicks off. Everyone sits down. 10% people joining in singing mostly. Pretty maddening.

This was the area to the right of the steps as you look at the stand.

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 23:02 - Jan 13 with 1223 viewsMedblue

Your view of how loud it is is obviously influenced by where you are sitting. To the rest of the ground the first half was like a library. You could have heard a pin drop.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 23:05 - Jan 13 with 1195 viewsReus30

It's a tricky one because you can point to other games in 2023 where PR was rocking in it's entirety so I don't think it's the acoustics.

You also have to consider that you will always hear away fans because they will always belt their heart out because they made the effort.

The last month has been poor in terms of atmosphere likely due to the weather and possibly results but at the same time, it's not just BA who should lead every chant, we have all got to do our bit and try to be a bit less moany.

Also, first half today, lots of sloppy passing which didn't help the groans.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 23:05 - Jan 13 with 1197 viewsReuser_is_God

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:29 - Jan 13 by NeedhamChris

Didn't you only clear out of there once you'd tried and failed to stay?

I'm in Area 4 SBRL, you just can't really hear you there.

Failed to stay? No, we moved on our own accord.

We wanted to stay & relocate to the middle of S5 behind the goal however those already occupying those seats didn’t want to move, which is obviously their right to do so therefore we had to find a new location as the front of S6 just wasn’t working.

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024