Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously 18:26 - Jan 13 with 16176 viewsunstableblue

This is a town team that is missing its captain, it’s main central mid forward, it’s best forward. Playing against a very strong team. And we’ve clawed it back to 1-1.

And YET TO STILL DON’T SING?!

The lads need the support.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 14:00 - Jan 14 with 1814 viewslongtimefan

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 07:59 - Jan 14 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, since being in A Block I’ve not heard a single song sung by away supporters all season.

Part of the issue is that it works the other way too. The away fans wouldn’t even know there was a singing section in A Block as the sound doesn’t travel that way well. Pretty much the same from my seat in SAR lower where all I heard first half was the Sunderland fans singing “Football in a library”.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 14:14 - Jan 14 with 1761 viewsblueprint

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 14:00 - Jan 14 by longtimefan

Part of the issue is that it works the other way too. The away fans wouldn’t even know there was a singing section in A Block as the sound doesn’t travel that way well. Pretty much the same from my seat in SAR lower where all I heard first half was the Sunderland fans singing “Football in a library”.

I’m afraid to say that I join in with “football in a library”.

I’m getting quite frustrated and embarrassed with the lack of effort by most of our fans. The most they do is clap along in time to some of the songs.

I’m afraid to say Robson was right with the Zombie tag.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 14:19 - Jan 14 with 1744 viewstextbackup

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 09:16 - Jan 14 by WeirdFishes

I heard you once yesterday, singing ‘Omari from Chelsea’. Not sure how any genuine supporter of any club would include another club’s name in a song about a player, especially Chelsea.

What a beyond fcking stupid thing to say 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 14:49 - Jan 14 with 1681 viewsSawtrich

The 'football in a library' song has probably been sung by every set of away fans in every football league game this season. Certainly we sing it with tedious regularity when we're away. Sometimes the atmosphere is great, sometimes less so, it's the same at every ground. I remember Pep was saying last season that City fans were just turning up expecting to win and be entertained.
Certainly a rebuilt Cobbold where we could start afresh with a safe terracing or railed seating area would be great in the long term.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 15:11 - Jan 14 with 1642 viewsWeirdFishes

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 14:19 - Jan 14 by textbackup

What a beyond fcking stupid thing to say 😂

Be my guest if you want to sing songs about Chelsea of all clubs 😂

Cringe

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 15:26 - Jan 14 with 1603 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 13:28 - Jan 14 by Vegtablue

It's a shame older singers didn't pass this on or a middle generation take up the mantle. My long-term memory isn't strong but I can't remember hearing it, so either I've forgotten or it's been absent for over 20 years.

Ipswich amazing grace is class. It used to be sung all the time as well. Just start it up again. Arsenal still do it but our new generation don’t.

I’m sure our players would prefer to hear that than some clappy thing that someone has made up.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 15:33 - Jan 14 with 1579 viewstextbackup

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 15:11 - Jan 14 by WeirdFishes

Be my guest if you want to sing songs about Chelsea of all clubs 😂

Cringe

‘With Omari from Chelsea’

Is that THAT offensive and upsetting?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 15:37 - Jan 14 with 1559 viewsbazza

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:51 - Jan 13 by strikalite

Do you think BA need to come back to lower North mate?

Because all lower North sing is hark now hear ffs

Yea, sick to death of that crap Song. Who cares about Norwich.. that was being sung when we were losing 0-1 as well.
Login to get fewer ads

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 15:39 - Jan 14 with 1554 viewsReuser_is_God

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 15:33 - Jan 14 by textbackup

‘With Omari from Chelsea’

Is that THAT offensive and upsetting?

Such an odd thing to complain about.

It’s probably the only song we’ve sung about a player than has a bit of originality too.
[Post edited 14 Jan 15:40]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 15:59 - Jan 14 with 1497 viewsBluespeed225

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 11:21 - Jan 14 by Medblue

Keeping it simple is 100% the way forward. Not everyone in the ground wants to sing ‘ITFC - we’re the blue army’ for 20+ minutes when simpler and more direct chants like ‘ Blue Army’ and ‘KMK’s Blue and White army’ work better and have historically got more people involved.

Blue Action song choice is pretty poor and most of the time they are generic songs that every team’s support in the country sings- watch any Chanpionship game on Sky and you can hear them all sung.

Yup, adapting the old Bobby Robsons/Johnny Lyalls/Georgie Burleys Blue n white army chant is the ONLY one that will take. Can be sung by all ages, you drop in, have a break, join back in again. So, BA start it, section 6 can join in from where they are, BUT it has to coordinate across the North and then round to the West. Block 4 try hard( A little Delia obsessed), but at least they’re trying. ‘More fun if you all join in’ is a call to arms they try in order to get a reaction, but what did they get back, zilch! So, BA give it a go. KMK’s Blue n white army!!
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 16:05 - Jan 14 with 1476 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 15:39 - Jan 14 by Reuser_is_God

Such an odd thing to complain about.

It’s probably the only song we’ve sung about a player than has a bit of originality too.
[Post edited 14 Jan 15:40]

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 16:26 - Jan 14 with 1407 viewsEwan_Oozami

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 14:14 - Jan 14 by blueprint

I’m afraid to say that I join in with “football in a library”.

I’m getting quite frustrated and embarrassed with the lack of effort by most of our fans. The most they do is clap along in time to some of the songs.

I’m afraid to say Robson was right with the Zombie tag.

Why didn't you sing, "At least we've got a library" instead?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 16:29 - Jan 14 with 1392 viewsEuanTown

Surely we have a singing section for a reason to get the crowd going. we moved to the north stand end of (Magnus) last year to get nearer to the noise. However cobbold A and the north do not sing together. Mostly different songs if the north sings at all. The club have got to help the fans work together and put aside their differences because the lack of singing and atmosphere is very noticeable in games like yesterday. This was also not the first time.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 17:46 - Jan 14 with 1266 viewsblueprint

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 16:26 - Jan 14 by Ewan_Oozami

Why didn't you sing, "At least we've got a library" instead?

I could do but it’s probably only a matter of time that it suffers from cuts to the council budget.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:06 - Jan 14 with 1213 viewsswede

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:31 - Jan 13 by GeoffSentence

The noise has dropped away recently and my theory on this is that the party atmosphere to the beginning of the season has given way to niggly thought that we could actually do it, we could actually get autos. It's ours to throw away now and a bit of anxiety and apprehension has crept in.

Or maybe not. What do I know.

I agree. I was in the SBR upper and it was very noticeable that all around me were much quieter, very nervous and wrapped up like Michelin men!
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:07 - Jan 14 with 1216 viewsbazza

To be fair, I think it’s the way football is going, everyone has to sit down, got to be so carful about what you say, takes the edge off, … Everton villa, Man U spurs… could hear a pin drop At times, we’ve been lobotomised as fans over the past couple of decades, and we’ve just all sat and ate our prawn sandwiches while it happened .
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:28 - Jan 14 with 1161 viewsJakeITFC

Another boring acoustics post, but to me yesterday the Sunderland fans sounded so loud in the first half (as good as I can remember an away following in ages) and I couldn’t hear block A at all (quite a few minutes of genuine silence in the ground at times which is just horrible), but then you watch the Town specific highlights on the Town in 5 and other clips and you can hear the block A drum and songs that I just don’t hear in the stadium.

I don’t know whether where I am (Section 4 in the lower North) is just a weird dead spot acoustically, but it would be interesting if the club were able to do some sort of sound monitoring or decibel level checks of various points - it certainly seems dumb to have the away fans in the bit of the ground that makes the best racket. FWIW the lads in Section 4 have the same problem as Blue Action the other side in that the majority of the chants that start are dead by the time they reach the middle of Section 5 (although admittedly there is some absolute Shiite both sung and shouted in Section 4).
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:37 - Jan 14 with 1121 viewstonydinning

Let's be honest. The acoustic problem is mainly because not enough people are joining in. There was no acoustic problem at full time and for the odd song like Town go marching in

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 19:08 - Jan 14 with 1056 viewsPrideOfTheEast

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:28 - Jan 14 by JakeITFC

Another boring acoustics post, but to me yesterday the Sunderland fans sounded so loud in the first half (as good as I can remember an away following in ages) and I couldn’t hear block A at all (quite a few minutes of genuine silence in the ground at times which is just horrible), but then you watch the Town specific highlights on the Town in 5 and other clips and you can hear the block A drum and songs that I just don’t hear in the stadium.

I don’t know whether where I am (Section 4 in the lower North) is just a weird dead spot acoustically, but it would be interesting if the club were able to do some sort of sound monitoring or decibel level checks of various points - it certainly seems dumb to have the away fans in the bit of the ground that makes the best racket. FWIW the lads in Section 4 have the same problem as Blue Action the other side in that the majority of the chants that start are dead by the time they reach the middle of Section 5 (although admittedly there is some absolute Shiite both sung and shouted in Section 4).

When they get moved to the Churchman’s presumably a load of our signing support will move to that end of the cobbold. Will be interesting to see how that impacts everything.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 19:15 - Jan 14 with 1037 viewsBrads

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:37 - Jan 14 by tonydinning

Let's be honest. The acoustic problem is mainly because not enough people are joining in. There was no acoustic problem at full time and for the odd song like Town go marching in

Exactly.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 19:34 - Jan 14 with 999 viewsBluespeed225

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:28 - Jan 14 by JakeITFC

I just watched a YouTube clip filmed from lower Cobbold and, yes it’s the 2nd half and we were building some momentum, but the crowd sound great! Drums, chants, involvement. It includes Chappers’ goal too. Check it out!
POST OF THE DAY on 19:47 - Jan 14 with 965 viewsunstableblue

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 18:37 - Jan 14 by tonydinning

As you say it’s about fans not joining in, being passive, not participating, waiting for something to happen. Other factors are just an excuse.

Norwich at home, second half (at times) yesterday, Plymouth/Derby/Sheff Weds home last season… zero problem with the atmosphere

In our position in middle of Pioneer, we can hear Lower North, Block A and Away

The away can’t hear block A, and never will, but can when the North Stand and adjacent stands get going.

It’s not an acoustics issue. It’s not a disconnect with Block A. It’s a fan participation issue, outside of Block A, especially Lower North.

Hladky made a crucial save with his legs in front of the North yesterday, the response was muted. Come on!

My original post may have been a bit OTT, but if the Lower North is not going to sing during a whole half in such a crucial game in such a wonderful season in our recent history - then that’s the problem. The GREAT NEWS, is that the second half was miles better, the fans turned on.

There was one song second half when all of the North, A and wider Pioneer/Cobbold got involved - and the volume and energy was impressive.

Churchmans perhaps a lost cause.

Fans just need to participate. Before you know it McKenna will have gone, and our fortunes may change. I hope that’s some way off. But you’ve got to enjoy it and celebrate the project when it’s this good.

I do get that it’s a two way exchange - as in Town players showing fight and energy, fires up the crowd, and vice versa. But we have to be better.

COYFB
[Post edited 14 Jan 19:49]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:12 - Jan 14 with 914 viewsEuanTown

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:16 - Jan 13 by Slambo

Complete and utter nonsense. It was relentless in A Block. The first half was up there with the best it's been all season...

Then others of us could not hear you I'm afraid. I sit opposite you in the Magnus by the north/SBR and yesterday was poor.
The problem is that.... on 20:20 - Jan 14 with 901 viewsEuanTown

The problem is that.... on 23:08 - Jan 13 by Reuser_is_God

Why has it worsened though? Because the SBRL isn’t as vocal now?

We do have a problem getting A Block & SBRL singing in unison, that’s probably the biggest disappointment of the move so far, I’d like to be able to say that’s down to acoustics but whenever I look across the SBRL now it just looks dead 99% of the time.

Agree. How many times are A and SBR singing different songs
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 21:22 - Jan 14 with 809 viewsBlueStreak

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 07:51 - Jan 14 by Sawtrich

I don't have a season ticket so move around the ground and sit in all the different stands. What you hear is massively influenced by where you are. I've been in Cobbold B and heard nothing but BA, not a peep from the away fans, then seen on here that the away fans were loud.
I also think we need to recognise that all grounds have flat periods. It's been a problem since all seaters came in and people can't congregate together on a terrace like in the old days.

Same here. Season ticket in block B and can only hear BA section A during the game and never hear the away fans. Atmosphere has spread nicely into block B and C as well so it is a shame to read that the sound isn't travelling. Keep up the good work lads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024