Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously 18:26 - Jan 13 with 16164 viewsunstableblue

This is a town team that is missing its captain, it’s main central mid forward, it’s best forward. Playing against a very strong team. And we’ve clawed it back to 1-1.

And YET TO STILL DON’T SING?!

The lads need the support.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The problem is that.... on 23:08 - Jan 13 with 1519 viewsReuser_is_God

The problem is that.... on 22:34 - Jan 13 by Bloots

....the only people that can hear you are the rest of block A, the block in the tier below and Section 6.

I applaud what you lot are trying to do, but we have to be honest and admit that the atmosphere overall has worsened since you moved.

Why has it worsened though? Because the SBRL isn’t as vocal now?

We do have a problem getting A Block & SBRL singing in unison, that’s probably the biggest disappointment of the move so far, I’d like to be able to say that’s down to acoustics but whenever I look across the SBRL now it just looks dead 99% of the time.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 23:11 - Jan 13 with 1485 viewsSparky85

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 21:57 - Jan 13 by lazyblue

It has nothing to do with where away fans sit, if that’s the case move your arse to where we sit in SAR then.

What, and sit next to the away fans and make zero noise???

No thanks
The problem is that.... on 23:13 - Jan 13 with 1469 viewstextbackup

The problem is that.... on 23:08 - Jan 13 by Reuser_is_God

Why has it worsened though? Because the SBRL isn’t as vocal now?

We do have a problem getting A Block & SBRL singing in unison, that’s probably the biggest disappointment of the move so far, I’d like to be able to say that’s down to acoustics but whenever I look across the SBRL now it just looks dead 99% of the time.

I honestly think the only way PR gets decent is having BA, and anyone that cares for singing, to move next to away fans.
Problem is, the second that happens the stewards will be lobbing people out left right and centre

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The problem is that.... on 23:19 - Jan 13 with 1446 viewsReuser_is_God

The problem is that.... on 23:13 - Jan 13 by textbackup

I honestly think the only way PR gets decent is having BA, and anyone that cares for singing, to move next to away fans.
Problem is, the second that happens the stewards will be lobbing people out left right and centre

I’m not so sure, I think that will just descend into people spending all game try to goad the away fans rather than actually supporting Ipswich.

I think behind the goal is perfect, just need in the SBRL who don’t want to get involved to move out so that it’s just lads (& lasses) going mental for 90 mins. I don’t understand why you’d watch a game from that section if you’re not getting involved in the atmosphere, the view is fecking awful.
[Post edited 13 Jan 23:20]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 23:21 - Jan 13 with 1431 viewstonydinning

Unallocated seating in the lower North Stand would sort things out. Although I think you have to undersell the capacity to be allowed to do that, which would make it a non starter likely

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

The problem is that.... on 23:22 - Jan 13 with 1425 viewstextbackup

The problem is that.... on 23:19 - Jan 13 by Reuser_is_God

I’m not so sure, I think that will just descend into people spending all game try to goad the away fans rather than actually supporting Ipswich.

I think behind the goal is perfect, just need in the SBRL who don’t want to get involved to move out so that it’s just lads (& lasses) going mental for 90 mins. I don’t understand why you’d watch a game from that section if you’re not getting involved in the atmosphere, the view is fecking awful.
[Post edited 13 Jan 23:20]

It really is an awful voo

Why you’d be 45+ and opt to sit there (especially with no appetite to sing) is beyond me

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 23:22 - Jan 13 with 1427 viewsWeirdFishes

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:25 - Jan 13 by Slambo

Nothing wrong with the atmos in A Block my friend. Absolutely raucous in there today - the first half in particular was among the best this season. The lads done the team proud...

I've said this before and will keep saying it until everyone listens: as the home of ITFC's vociferous, partisan support, the North Stand is DEAD, and has been for some time. Why d'you think we cleared out of there..?! Anybody who wants to sing at football needs to simply transfer their ticket to Upper Cobbold, Block A. Join the revolution...

This is one of the funniest posts I’ve ever seen - but I wouldn’t expect much from someone in an area who’s only song seems to be about Chelsea.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 23:25 - Jan 13 with 1397 viewstextbackup

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 23:22 - Jan 13 by WeirdFishes

This is one of the funniest posts I’ve ever seen - but I wouldn’t expect much from someone in an area who’s only song seems to be about Chelsea.

And here is part of the problem, you’d rather argue about a song on a forum as opposed to try help make a difference during the 90mins when it matters.

Login to get fewer ads

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 23:53 - Jan 13 with 1323 viewsReusersTown

I thought in recent times you have been a bit OTT with the nagging and whining about atmosphere, but today I thought it was atrocious in the ground pre goal. There was significant more groaning and tutting whenever a pass was mishit or something didn't quite work out than there was genuine encouragement or support. The sense of entitlement seems to have embedded itself fairly quickly in the crowd and people need to get a grip of themselves.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 23:58 - Jan 13 with 1305 viewsReusersTown

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 21:44 - Jan 13 by LankHenners

Like others I thought the atmosphere was poor again for the most part - lots of sighing and moaning every time a cross was cut out, pass not completed, possession lost etc.

Only started to change when we upped the pressure in the 2nd half then was better once we scored but it shouldn't take that for people to start taking the meaning of 'supporters' literally.

The negativity was something I really noticed throughout the ground, It's not like we were even playing badly which was the weirdest part.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 00:03 - Jan 14 with 1287 viewspointofblue

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 23:58 - Jan 13 by ReusersTown

The negativity was something I really noticed throughout the ground, It's not like we were even playing badly which was the weirdest part.

I noticed it during the QPR game too. I thought it was resignation because of the sudden revelation about sickness and injury, but it carried over to today when the side was almost as strong as it could be (Luongo aside).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 00:04 - Jan 14 with 1287 viewsStevieH

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:16 - Jan 13 by Slambo

Complete and utter nonsense. It was relentless in A Block. The first half was up there with the best it's been all season...

I was in B block and I agree with you
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 00:07 - Jan 14 with 1274 viewsMattinLondon

Besides Blue Action, there’s a lot of pressure on the NS to sing and to generate the noise for the rest of the stadium.

The best atmosphere I can recall was a playoff game versus Charlton which was the most partisan I’ve heard PR being. As well as a random night match against Sunderland. All four stands contributed to the noise.

The design of PR doesn’t help but sometimes other stands need to take the lead - not including Blue Action in on this.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 00:08 - Jan 14 with 1266 viewspointofblue

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:25 - Jan 13 by Slambo

Nothing wrong with the atmos in A Block my friend. Absolutely raucous in there today - the first half in particular was among the best this season. The lads done the team proud...

I've said this before and will keep saying it until everyone listens: as the home of ITFC's vociferous, partisan support, the North Stand is DEAD, and has been for some time. Why d'you think we cleared out of there..?! Anybody who wants to sing at football needs to simply transfer their ticket to Upper Cobbold, Block A. Join the revolution...

Only issue is I'm closer to A Block than the visiting supporters yet heard the Sunderland fans clearer. Think there is still an acoustic problem they need to look at if they can.

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 00:27 - Jan 14 with 1222 viewsWeirdFishes

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 23:25 - Jan 13 by textbackup

And here is part of the problem, you’d rather argue about a song on a forum as opposed to try help make a difference during the 90mins when it matters.

I could make a lot more arguments about their song choices/creations.

For what it’s worth I do sing for 90 minutes but seemingly 90% of the SBR don’t join in.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 00:32 - Jan 14 with 1207 viewsnoubledooble

As has been said a thousand times the acoustics are crap at Portman road. From section 5 in the north you can’t here A block There’s 3 songs going at the same time quite often so really difficult to generate a big noise in my opinion it’s been a big mistake blue action moving but now it seems they are intent on creating a rift with the north stand rather than engaging with them plenty still want to sing in our stand and it will always be the noisy end of the ground
The problem is that.... on 01:08 - Jan 14 with 1177 viewsDarkHorse

The problem is that.... on 23:22 - Jan 13 by textbackup

It really is an awful voo

Why you’d be 45+ and opt to sit there (especially with no appetite to sing) is beyond me

Great place to moan from though.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 01:52 - Jan 14 with 1154 viewsSamWhiteUK

Every teams' home atmospheres are terrible.

Yelling at other fans isn't going to improve matters.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 02:37 - Jan 14 with 1123 viewsstonojnr

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 20:58 - Jan 13 by sw20tractor

Agree. Just trying to figure out what has changed over the last few games.

well how about as a starter for ten, we dont look like we can score goals easily anymore, so when you go a goal down again, usually from that teams first attack for the umpteenth time this season...of course the crowd are going to be like omg how do we pull this one out of the darn fire?
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 02:41 - Jan 14 with 1103 viewsStNeotsBlue

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 02:37 - Jan 14 by stonojnr

well how about as a starter for ten, we dont look like we can score goals easily anymore, so when you go a goal down again, usually from that teams first attack for the umpteenth time this season...of course the crowd are going to be like omg how do we pull this one out of the darn fire?

We won 2 1. Chill.

And get behind the team.
LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 04:47 - Jan 14 with 1054 viewspointofblue

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 02:37 - Jan 14 by stonojnr

This is our first year back after a four season sabbatical in League One. Did you really think it was going to be a 100 point/100 goal stroll? That we wouldn’t have blips where we looked off? Where we’d struggle? Where we’d need the fans to be the 12th man to help us over the line?

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 06:19 - Jan 14 with 1034 viewsSlambo

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:29 - Jan 13 by NeedhamChris

Didn't you only clear out of there once you'd tried and failed to stay?

I'm in Area 4 SBRL, you just can't really hear you there.

No. We cleared out because there were about 25 of us singing to ourselves, surrounded by middle aged men who spent the game with their arms crossed staring silently at the pitch. Tickets were sold out every game, so we couldn't grow - had lads messaging us from all over wanting to get involved but were basically locked out. The singing section SHOULD have been based in section 5 - which was the overwhelming choice in that survey we put out. It was also the preferred choice of Ashton et al, but relocating 300 odd like they did at Crystal Palace just wasn't a hill they were willing to die on...

If you can't hear us all the way over in section 4, then really that's the fault of the two sections in between us! We're not superhuman - propelling our voices right across a stand, through several thousand human bodies is a tall order...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 06:30 - Jan 14 with 1025 viewsSlambo

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:31 - Jan 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

Second half was ok after we had a few chances I thought. First half from where I sit was really quiet.

I don't think the issue is too complicated, We just don't have a full stand who want to sing. A Block i'm sure give it a go (I can't hear them from where I am) but think thats an acoustics thing. But thats only one block. Lower North have a couple of sections who try, but probably 50% of people in there dont sing. Then the other two stands are just very quiet always

Im not sure what the solution is but something needs to be done by someone because the players and staff deserve more.

Think your being generous - 75% of that stand isn't interested, even less if you consider fans who will sing for a sustained period and not just 'come on you blues' at a corner...

People can talk about acoustics, about games being on Sky, about it being too cold blah blah blah but the main issue is all-seater stadia. You have inhibited fans too self-conscious to sing mixed in with others who are bang up for it and no way to rectify it. The club made a start with creating a designated singing section, but it's still requires work engineering it...

Whatever this Cobbold redevelopment brings, it MUST have a proper terrace. Our proposal to the club was to fill in that corner where the shop is to create massive, 2,000 man European style 'Curva', with normal terracing, or at least undesignated seating. Some way to allow singers to be able to congregate...

UPPA TOWEN!

The problem is that.... on 06:45 - Jan 14 with 1017 viewsSlambo

The problem is that.... on 22:34 - Jan 13 by Bloots

....the only people that can hear you are the rest of block A, the block in the tier below and Section 6.

I applaud what you lot are trying to do, but we have to be honest and admit that the atmosphere overall has worsened since you moved.

Section 5 can hear us well enough but are in complete denial about it. We have folk in there who chirp away on social media saying they can't hear us, only to contradict themselves the very next message saying we only ever sing the same song over and over again. Also had a bloke message in section 5 the other day asking for words to 'that song you were singing, something 'the only club with history''...

But you're not wrong - it does get trapped up there a bit. We've still got a solid flask and blanket brigade down at the front who clearly didn't get the memo and have just hung around from last season. They contribute nothing and just absorb whatever noise we make...

You're being naive of you think the atmosphere worsened since we went up there. It's been flat in the North Stand for a long, way before 25 lads moved out of there. As I keep saying, anyone who truly knows what the North Stand is like knows that our move to A Block acting as a catalyst to ignite the North was always a pipe dream. All you can do is create one area - somewhere, anywhere - where fans can go nuts if they want to. Anything else is just a bonus...

UPPA TOWEN!

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 06:46 - Jan 14 with 1011 viewsSlambo

LOWER NORTH - WTF are you doing?! Seriously on 22:31 - Jan 13 by textbackup

I think far too many youngsters that were riding a wave were expecting to beat Norwich, the game they’d longed for for a couple of years, and it’s knocked something out of them.

I think they’ll bounce back again though.

I also think NSL has far too many older fans in there these days with no desire to start or keep songs going. It’s their choice as they pay their money… but I just don’t know why anyone would want that view if not to take part in creating an atmosphere.

Barely heard BA all game either

Where do you sit mate..?

UPPA TOWEN!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024