Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) 11:36 - Jan 23 with 3771 viewsKeno

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:38 - Jan 23 with 2989 viewsbelgablue

Travis for dangerous play? He had chewing gum in his mouth which must be a choking hazard.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:40 - Jan 23 with 2970 viewsKeno

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:38 - Jan 23 by belgablue

Travis for dangerous play? He had chewing gum in his mouth which must be a choking hazard.

Vlad for using his hands?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:48 - Jan 23 with 2887 viewsAlberto_the_frog

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:38 - Jan 23 by belgablue

Many players seem to do that these days. Two laps round the pitch for each of them. Perhaps they should be puffing on a pipe to give their mouths something to do.
I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:52 - Jan 23 with 2824 viewsHerbivore

They committed more clearcut yellow card offences than we did. That dive from Dewsbury-Hall was embarrassing and Winks got away with one because the ref forgot to book him at a break in play having played advantage. Clarke's wasn't even a foul, imo, and Luongo got booked for Faes heading his shoulder. Not sure what he was meant to do there. Fair enough give them a free kick if you must, but booking him for having physical form seems a bit harsh.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:54 - Jan 23 with 2775 views_clive_baker_

If they're referring to Clarke's tackle then they need to give their heads a wobble. How that was a yellow or even a foul I'll never know. Looked to me entirely in control, led with 1 foot, cleanly took the ball and none of the man (although I haven't seen a replay of it).

Games gone.
I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:55 - Jan 23 with 2765 viewsnodge_blue

I find it hard to understand how Clarkes challenge is a yellow card. It's one footed. On the floor. And gets the ball first.

What's the difference between that and any tackle.

You can argue it's the momentum of the slide which is always going to make contact with the player after the ball. But then most tackles end up with making contact with the opposition player.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:56 - Jan 23 with 2749 viewsBlueschev

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:52 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

They committed more clearcut yellow card offences than we did. That dive from Dewsbury-Hall was embarrassing and Winks got away with one because the ref forgot to book him at a break in play having played advantage. Clarke's wasn't even a foul, imo, and Luongo got booked for Faes heading his shoulder. Not sure what he was meant to do there. Fair enough give them a free kick if you must, but booking him for having physical form seems a bit harsh.

One thing I couldn't get me head around was the Leicester players reaction to Clarke's "foul". I couldn't believe the ref even gave a free kick. Luongo's booking was also really soft.
I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:57 - Jan 23 with 2730 viewsBseaBlue

Thought the ref got a few wrong last night. Seen some suggest Harness should have been sent off which is laughable as it was clearly accidental. Clarke's tackle was superb and not even a foul, Loungo had his back to the player when he got booked and although very debatable, we could have had a penalty for the handball. Certainly seen them given.

Maybe they should focus on that pathetic dive which if happened in the Premier league, would be all over social media!
Login to get fewer ads

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 12:01 - Jan 23 with 2666 viewsReuser_is_God

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:54 - Jan 23 by _clive_baker_

If they're referring to Clarke's tackle then they need to give their heads a wobble. How that was a yellow or even a foul I'll never know. Looked to me entirely in control, led with 1 foot, cleanly took the ball and none of the man (although I haven't seen a replay of it).

Games gone.

Yup, was exactly as you describe.

Harry Winks pleaded with the ref to give a red for that was utterly pathetic.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 12:08 - Jan 23 with 2564 viewsbelgablue

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:40 - Jan 23 by Keno

Vlad for using his hands?

His ball through to Clarke was also very naughty.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 12:08 - Jan 23 with 2560 viewsBasuco

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 12:01 - Jan 23 by Reuser_is_God

It was one of those tackles you will see during a season and different refs will give everything from no freekick to a straight red. That is modern football, referee's are very inconsistent these days.
I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 12:11 - Jan 23 with 2502 viewsLeoMuff

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:56 - Jan 23 by Blueschev

One thing I couldn't get me head around was the Leicester players reaction to Clarke's "foul". I couldn't believe the ref even gave a free kick. Luongo's booking was also really soft.

Pathetic, as others have said Clarke’s wasn’t a foul, bloke ran into Mass shoulder, Harness clearly accidental. I’m guessing that was what Vardy was blubbering to the ref about afterwards.

Embarrassing really throwing themselves around with a £200m plus squad, lots of rolling around clutching body parts, and throwing themselves to the floor.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 12:16 - Jan 23 with 2442 viewsHerbivore

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:56 - Jan 23 by Blueschev

Travis' was pretty soft as well, for me it was a harsh one. 50/50 and he got there a fraction late but it wasn't remotely reckless.

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 12:19 - Jan 23 with 2402 viewsSteve_M

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 12:01 - Jan 23 by Reuser_is_God

Which is now a yellow card offence, so one more he should have given to them yesterday.

Sky commentators seemed baffled as to why Patrick Bamford got booked for that on Sunday......

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 12:20 - Jan 23 with 2384 viewsfarkenhell

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:52 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

Spot on.
I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 12:24 - Jan 23 with 2337 viewstractorshark

Clarke’s shouldn’t have even been a free-kick. Got the ball, tough tackle but not dangerous and in complete control.
It was Leicester’s reaction that got him the booking.
Earlier in the season, Williams did one exactly the same and was lauded for it.
Game has gone completely the other way now, no one wants to see two-footed career-ending challenges but there has to be a balance.
Nicotine pouch innit. (n/t) on 12:40 - Jan 23 with 2224 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 12:58 - Jan 23 with 2117 viewsChurchman

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:54 - Jan 23 by _clive_baker_

Games gone.

Clarke’s tackle was perfect. It was never a yellow. If that’s a card the easiest way is to ban all physical contact and turn it into a foot form of Netball. Fine if that’s what you want, but I don’t. The physical side is all part of it for me.

That Faes wally rolling about after heading Luongo’s shoulder? The Leicester player should have got a yellow for rolling about screaming about nothing. The wet wipe recovered fast enough after he’d conned the ref.

It wasn’t a dirty game. To be honest, the only booking offence I saw was the Leicester player who dived like Tom Daley. Dewsbury-Flipper should have got a booking for that and a second for shaking his head and pleading after it. The cheat should hang his head in shame. It’s on tv ffs!!
[Post edited 23 Jan 13:08]
I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 13:04 - Jan 23 with 2065 viewsIllinoisblue

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:57 - Jan 23 by BseaBlue

Thought the ref got a few wrong last night. Seen some suggest Harness should have been sent off which is laughable as it was clearly accidental. Clarke's tackle was superb and not even a foul, Loungo had his back to the player when he got booked and although very debatable, we could have had a penalty for the handball. Certainly seen them given.

Maybe they should focus on that pathetic dive which if happened in the Premier league, would be all over social media!

Luongo’s booking is still annoying me this morning. Never a yellow in a hundred years.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watching it back now.... on 13:16 - Jan 23 with 1969 viewsBloots

...Harness would have probably (maybe possibly) been sent of in the Premier League, via VAR, for his foul on KDH.

Let's be honest.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 13:20 - Jan 23 with 1919 viewsIllinoisblue

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 12:19 - Jan 23 by Steve_M

Which is now a yellow card offence, so one more he should have given to them yesterday.

Sky commentators seemed baffled as to why Patrick Bamford got booked for that on Sunday......

Selective application of the laws. See also THIRTEEN MINUTES added in our game at Sunderland. That clampdown seemed to last all of a few weeks.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 13:30 - Jan 23 with 1798 viewsFtnfwest

Was it the same ref as for the reverse fixture on boxing day? Just wondering if the delightful KDH was trying to make him remember the incident when he fell over in the box in that game...
I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 13:35 - Jan 23 with 1749 viewsHerbivore

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 13:30 - Jan 23 by Ftnfwest

Was it the same ref as for the reverse fixture on boxing day? Just wondering if the delightful KDH was trying to make him remember the incident when he fell over in the box in that game...

Same ref as the Norwich game, who similarly gave us yellows like they were going out of fashion and got played like a fiddle by their players.

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 13:40 - Jan 23 with 1708 viewsbackwaywhen

That Talk Sport Rant was a wind up , sounds like a London /Essex accent, and also could probably be a regular caller as both presenters seem to recognise him ……..remember Mr Angry on the radio 1 Steve Wright show ……funny as hell for the listeners.
I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 13:40 - Jan 23 with 1706 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm curious which 5 Town players should have been sent off last night? (n/t) on 11:55 - Jan 23 by nodge_blue

I find it hard to understand how Clarkes challenge is a yellow card. It's one footed. On the floor. And gets the ball first.

What's the difference between that and any tackle.

You can argue it's the momentum of the slide which is always going to make contact with the player after the ball. But then most tackles end up with making contact with the opposition player.

I assume the ref gave it for being reckless, as he did go in hard irrespective of winning the ball and being in control. That's all I can think of. And that's obviously a very subjective assessment - it was a borderline call at best imo and you see many more examples of strong tackles go unpunished. The challenge on Hutch the other week when he was kicked up in the air in the box and the defender missed the ball was far worse.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024