Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives 08:03 - Jan 28 with 6538 viewsitfcjoe

No midweek replay (see Leeds having to go down to Plymouth)

No midweek 5th round tie to schedule

Hopefully the players can take it as the freak result that it was, if that game plays out like it did another 100 times you wouldn’t lose. Totally embarrassing to do so, but less so than Lincoln, Barrow etc where we totally deserved to lose even if the result yesterday was worse.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Positives on 16:36 - Jan 28 with 904 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Positives on 15:12 - Jan 28 by itfcjoe

I wanted to win the tie, I didn’t want to go out- but we aren’t going to be reminded of this forever, it’ll be forgotten about in a few weeks

And not having extra midweek games is a positive, had we got a late equaliser as an example, we’d have no doubt beaten them in the replay and basically ballsed up at least 2 weeks on the training ground

It will be brought up when they play their next tie. It will also look a little less embarrassing when they comfortably dispatch Wednesday.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Positives on 16:37 - Jan 28 with 900 viewsbluebudgie

Positives on 08:17 - Jan 28 by Dubtractor

Chorley, from the National league North, beat Derby (in the Championship) in 2020-21. No one remembers that do they?

Sutton Utd (then a non league team) beat Leeds in 2016/17. No one remembers that.

I only know those games as I've just looked them up.

That Arsenal game is remembered as they were perennial title challengers.

Yesterday was sh1t, and it will sting for a bit, but it'll be forgotten very quickly by everyone apart from us and Maidstone.

You forgot Histon 1 Leeds 0 from 2008!
Positives on 16:41 - Jan 28 with 865 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Positives on 16:37 - Jan 28 by bluebudgie

You forgot Histon 1 Leeds 0 from 2008!

Didn't Sutton beat Coventry too? There are loads of examples. The level Maidstone are at the comment is "the first side from this level into the 5th round since 1978." It happens.

Positives on 16:45 - Jan 28 with 841 viewsBlueOura

Positives on 16:32 - Jan 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

We are a laughing stock in norfolk because we haven't won a trophy for over 40 years (despite them never winning one), because they drew the derby (despite us dominating it) and because they have had a decade of dominance over us (which started with them relegated to League 1 and losing 1-7 at home to ColU while one of our players on loan helped score them).

If you are taking "being a laughing stock in norfolk" as your benchmark I would respectfully suggest you have taken the wrong standard. I am fairly confident we will be at least one division higher them at some point over the next 10 years. They will still find some reason to laugh at us like us losing to a lower team in a cup but that is their pyrrhic victory. Let them have their day. Ultimately both clubs got knocked out in the 4th round this season. Theirs was expected, ours wasn't. Theirs was a reflection of the play, ours was down to clinical finishing on the day versus poor finishing from us and an inspired goalkeeping performance. It happens. Onwards and upwards with the league now.

You are right of course. I only got about 3 hours sleep last night which I think has made me a little be more emotional / reactionary about the whole thing today.

Still can't quite believe it happened but there are far more important things in life to get upset about so i'll be right as rain in couple of days and looking forward to Preston and some new signings ( hopefully ).
Positives on 16:46 - Jan 28 with 841 viewsCaptainAhab

Another positive I don't think I've seen mentioned; we proved Chris Sutton wrong YET AGAIN. He thought we'd cruise it, 3-0 victory. He really knows nothing that bloke.
Positives on 16:48 - Jan 28 with 822 viewspointofblue

Positives on 16:46 - Jan 28 by CaptainAhab

Another positive I don't think I've seen mentioned; we proved Chris Sutton wrong YET AGAIN. He thought we'd cruise it, 3-0 victory. He really knows nothing that bloke.

The one time he predicts that we'd win...!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Positives on 16:48 - Jan 28 with 822 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Positives on 16:46 - Jan 28 by CaptainAhab

Let's hope he predicts us to lose every match from now on!

Positives on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 790 viewsCaptainAhab

Positives on 16:48 - Jan 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Let's hope he predicts us to lose every match from now on!

Oh he will!
Login to get fewer ads

Positives on 17:21 - Jan 28 with 751 viewsChrisd

Positives on 16:41 - Jan 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Didn't Sutton beat Coventry too? There are loads of examples. The level Maidstone are at the comment is "the first side from this level into the 5th round since 1978." It happens.

The difference being those non league sides were at home with the bigger side travelling to them. That was a huge advantage for us playing in front of such a large crowd yesterday, not many if any of those Maidstone players would’ve experienced that before apart from their management team. Still a huge opportunity missed, we’ve not been in the 5th Round for donkey’s years and we wouldn’t have had a better chance. KM & MA couldn't have hand-picked a better tie. So frustrating.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Positives on 17:59 - Jan 28 with 687 viewsHerbivore

Positives on 17:21 - Jan 28 by Chrisd

The difference being those non league sides were at home with the bigger side travelling to them. That was a huge advantage for us playing in front of such a large crowd yesterday, not many if any of those Maidstone players would’ve experienced that before apart from their management team. Still a huge opportunity missed, we’ve not been in the 5th Round for donkey’s years and we wouldn’t have had a better chance. KM & MA couldn't have hand-picked a better tie. So frustrating.

At the end of the season, will we really care whether or not we made the 5th round of the FA Cup? Our aim at this point has to be promotion, getting to the 5th round of the FA Cup is not really a priority.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Positives on 18:04 - Jan 28 with 663 viewspointofblue

Positives on 17:59 - Jan 28 by Herbivore

At the end of the season, will we really care whether or not we made the 5th round of the FA Cup? Our aim at this point has to be promotion, getting to the 5th round of the FA Cup is not really a priority.

Think it depends what happens to be honest. If our form drops off, I think Maidstone will be chucked into the mix. If we go up, you're right, no one will be bothered in the slightest.

Positives on 18:04 - Jan 28 with 654 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wrong, Blyth Spartans beat Stoke away in the 4th round as the last time the same level did that. Stoke had recently been relegated from the Premier League ... and yet few remember it and no one talks about it!

Positives on 18:07 - Jan 28 with 634 viewsChrisd

Positives on 18:04 - Jan 28 by pointofblue

Think it depends what happens to be honest. If our form drops off, I think Maidstone will be chucked into the mix. If we go up, you're right, no one will be bothered in the slightest.

Where have I said the FA Cup 5th Round was a priority? That’s your words. Yesterday, was a great opportunity and sadly we never took it.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Positives on 18:08 - Jan 28 with 621 viewspointofblue

Positives on 18:07 - Jan 28 by Chrisd

Where have I said the FA Cup 5th Round was a priority? That’s your words. Yesterday, was a great opportunity and sadly we never took it.

I'm guessing you meant to quote Herbivore.

Positives on 18:10 - Jan 28 with 613 viewsHerbivore

Positives on 18:07 - Jan 28 by Chrisd

But missing a great opportunity to do something that's not a priority isn't really much to get worked up over.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Positives on 18:18 - Jan 28 with 586 viewspositivity

that's not true, burnley and norwich both lost to non-league teams at home when they were in the prem

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Positives on 18:40 - Jan 28 with 541 viewsBloomBlue

Positives on 08:08 - Jan 28 by textbackup

I’ve slept on it… and I’m still as upset.

Probably more because this lot (players & KM) have been so great but will have this over them forever.

I read yesterday people saying a win Saturday and this is forgotten, no it isn’t. It’s going to be brought up forever, Wrexham beating Arsenal is spoken about every single year, etc etc…

I can’t see beyond this causing a long drawn out hangover for a long time

I hate to tell you this but Town aren't viewed anywhere near as big as Arsenal, that's why that Wrexham win is mentioned yearly, the Ipswich / Maidstone game won't.

Same as Norwich losing to Luton isn't mentioned even though Norwich was the first prem team to lose to a non league team in the FA Cup.
Same reason, the media doesn't view Norwich as a big team like Arsenal.
Positives on 19:38 - Jan 28 with 467 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Positives on 16:10 - Jan 28 by pointofblue

Would still love why he came on for Sarmiento rather than Broadhead.

Because the league is more important and clearly, right now, Sarmiento is considered more important than Broadhead. Same reason Burns and Chaplin didn't play the whole game.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Positives on 20:58 - Jan 28 with 402 viewsVic

Positives on 08:17 - Jan 28 by Pinewoodblue

While the reaction to Lincoln, Barrow etc was one of anger yesterday think people were too stunned to feel angry.

Looking back at those previous games not really sure some of our then players hurt enough, just shrugged shoulders etc. Can’t see our current squad, and Manager, doing anything other than trying their hardest to make amends.

It really was a freak result, it wasn’t a poor performance although it did highlight our deficiencies . Not just the need for striker(s) but centre backs who can contribute to the goals at corners etc.

Neither Edmundson, nor Burgess, deliver.

Neither Edmunds9n nor Burgess deliver? Something tells me it does feel any better for you today :).

Give a few days and Edmundson and Burgess will look a lot better - especially Burgess.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Positives on 21:20 - Jan 28 with 382 viewsVic

Positives on 16:41 - Jan 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

That’s not that long ago really - the year we won the cup. Seems like yesterday.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024