Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's a useful little wobble from Saints 22:17 - Feb 13 with 2498 viewsSomethingBlue

Just a little reminder that they're fallible and also that they've had it very soft in the last couple of months. It gets a lot harder for them from here – starting on Friday at West Brom. Time for us to string a run together now: there were, and are, always going to be twists.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:21 - Feb 13 with 2425 viewsburnbudgiesburn

My feeling is this is all very 'meh' whilst we are struggling to pick up wins ourselves.

We've not been playing badly at all these last 9-10 games. We just need to win, a goal off someones backside in the 90th minute would do.
That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:22 - Feb 13 with 2416 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

I completely agree - looking at the very short term, our next 3 games should yield 7 (and possibly 9 points).

That would put some welcome pressure back on Southampton and Leeds
That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:25 - Feb 13 with 2371 viewsstrikalite

It just goes to show you how unpredictable this league still is, Brizzle didn't lay a glove on Leeds last week, then go and beat both Middlesbro and Soton..

We just need to get back on track now starting at Millwall...
That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:28 - Feb 13 with 2324 viewshoppy

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:21 - Feb 13 by burnbudgiesburn

My feeling is this is all very 'meh' whilst we are struggling to pick up wins ourselves.

We've not been playing badly at all these last 9-10 games. We just need to win, a goal off someones backside in the 90th minute would do.

Where’s Jaime Peters when you need him… we’d have a goal glut going in off his…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:31 - Feb 13 with 2244 viewsWallingford_Boy

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:22 - Feb 13 by Bad_Boy_Mark

I completely agree - looking at the very short term, our next 3 games should yield 7 (and possibly 9 points).

That would put some welcome pressure back on Southampton and Leeds

I bet we don’t get 7 points!

RIP Sir Bobby

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:33 - Feb 13 with 2221 viewstonybied

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:31 - Feb 13 by Wallingford_Boy

I bet we don’t get 7 points!

9 it is then!
That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:42 - Feb 13 with 2149 viewsRKD

The thing that gives me the most confidence is how reminiscent this feels in comparison to the same time last season. Limping through a rough block of fixtures during a January transfer window in which we knew we needed to strengthen. We’ve made four significant signings which seem to fill the gaps we had open.

Whilst our squad may fall well short in market value when contrasted with Leeds and Southampton, the one advantage we do have is that our players have experience in having to maintain a relentless win streak from February onwards.

We now fun a favourable run of fixtures that gives us a good chance of reclaiming our momentum. Let’s go!

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:50 - Feb 13 with 2067 viewsWonTheCupin78

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:42 - Feb 13 by RKD

The thing that gives me the most confidence is how reminiscent this feels in comparison to the same time last season. Limping through a rough block of fixtures during a January transfer window in which we knew we needed to strengthen. We’ve made four significant signings which seem to fill the gaps we had open.

Whilst our squad may fall well short in market value when contrasted with Leeds and Southampton, the one advantage we do have is that our players have experience in having to maintain a relentless win streak from February onwards.

We now fun a favourable run of fixtures that gives us a good chance of reclaiming our momentum. Let’s go!

We are also now in an "underdog" situation which is good. Leeds fans already singing about going up and they've written us off completely (thinking their only real competition is now Southampton'). Let's wreck their party!
Login to get fewer ads

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:52 - Feb 13 with 2028 viewsGuthrum

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:42 - Feb 13 by RKD

We also haven't fallen ten points behind (especially if we can win the games in hand). Less overhauling to be done.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 23:05 - Feb 13 with 1914 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:33 - Feb 13 by tonybied

9 it is then!

We need to if we’re still hoping for the autos. I’d go a step further as say we really could do with 12 from the next four. All very winnable on paper for a team with genuine automatic promotion hopes. If we don’t do that (or say get less than 10pts), it could be the clearest indication yet that we’re not at the level needed for top 2. Not certain of course, but we’re running out of spare lives (for the top two positions) and we won’t get an easier run of games.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 23:14 - Feb 13 with 1847 viewsheavyweight

Looks like they missed Downes in midfield , with luck he won't be back for their game on Friday.
That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 23:38 - Feb 13 with 1720 viewsRKD

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:52 - Feb 13 by Guthrum

We also haven't fallen ten points behind (especially if we can win the games in hand). Less overhauling to be done.

Yep. I’m just as confident as I was when Hirst went off against Leicester. Easter Monday potential to be a mammoth fixture.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 23:39 - Feb 13 with 1716 viewsArnieM

March will Be their potential collapse month. Problem is it’s Leeds that are on fire and with their squad I can’t see them letting go of 2nd spot that easily now. Shame our goals against will haunt us if it goes down to the odd point difference isn’t it.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 07:08 - Feb 14 with 1295 viewsHerbivore

It shows, as you say, that Saints are indeed fallible. As I've said for a while, their run has been insane but the only real standout win in the entire run came in the first game of their run against Leeds, who were themselves in somewhat indifferent form at the time. They've had a lengthy spell of fairly benign fixtures and fair play to them for managing to win most of them, but there were always tougher tests to come. Last night and the near miss on Saturday also highlight how difficult it is to keep sustaining a 20+ game unbeaten run. They don't happen often and with good reason. The work they've had to do to get themselves genuinely into the top 2 mix has given them some momentum but it'll also have taken a bit of a toll on them, they've had to work incredibly hard just to get to a point where they are basically level with us. If this turns into a blip for them and we manage to start another run it's going to be very hard for them, same as if Leeds continue their current good form.

It's a 16 game mini season for us now (less for the others) and we've only got one home game left against the rest of the top 5. That's a decent set of fixtures. We have some tough away trips to those chasing 6th but a couple of them come very late on and could be dead rubbers for the home side by the time we get there. We are playing well enough to put together a run of wins, we just need to actually do it now. Be a bit more ruthless in both boxes and the top 2 is still very much possible, even if the rest of the footballing world has written us off. A win tonight puts us right back in it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 07:28 - Feb 14 with 1229 viewsITFC_Forever

The legalised financial doping of the top three still makes it very hard for us.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 08:27 - Feb 14 with 1092 viewsCoastalblue

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 07:08 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

It shows, as you say, that Saints are indeed fallible. As I've said for a while, their run has been insane but the only real standout win in the entire run came in the first game of their run against Leeds, who were themselves in somewhat indifferent form at the time. They've had a lengthy spell of fairly benign fixtures and fair play to them for managing to win most of them, but there were always tougher tests to come. Last night and the near miss on Saturday also highlight how difficult it is to keep sustaining a 20+ game unbeaten run. They don't happen often and with good reason. The work they've had to do to get themselves genuinely into the top 2 mix has given them some momentum but it'll also have taken a bit of a toll on them, they've had to work incredibly hard just to get to a point where they are basically level with us. If this turns into a blip for them and we manage to start another run it's going to be very hard for them, same as if Leeds continue their current good form.

It's a 16 game mini season for us now (less for the others) and we've only got one home game left against the rest of the top 5. That's a decent set of fixtures. We have some tough away trips to those chasing 6th but a couple of them come very late on and could be dead rubbers for the home side by the time we get there. We are playing well enough to put together a run of wins, we just need to actually do it now. Be a bit more ruthless in both boxes and the top 2 is still very much possible, even if the rest of the footballing world has written us off. A win tonight puts us right back in it.

With regards to potential dead rubbers for other sides, I always feel like when a competitor has a game like that it's like the opposition are always on the beach, but for us it seems to mean they relax and play without pressure giving one of their best performances of the season.

Probably feels the same for all clubs.

It's 3 into 1 now, and we are very much in the mix at the moment.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 10:03 - Feb 14 with 865 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That's a useful little wobble from Saints on 22:50 - Feb 13 by WonTheCupin78

We are also now in an "underdog" situation which is good. Leeds fans already singing about going up and they've written us off completely (thinking their only real competition is now Southampton'). Let's wreck their party!

We've always been in the "underdog" situation.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024