Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Say what you want about the guy… 00:47 - Feb 15 with 8945 viewsMatt_Netherlands

But giving a fellow town fan abuse (especially in the flesh) doesn’t sit well with me. Yeah he’s cringey and not my cup of tea, but taking stick off the screen into the real world is another level. (Caveat: I obviously don’t know what the ‘abuse’ was exactly.)

Have to say though, the depressed sounding “I’ve got no content for Tiktok” made me think what’s wrong with this world. Ian Beale-esque.

Say what you want about the guy… on 13:52 - Feb 15 with 2730 viewsTheBoyBlue

I wouldn't want to sit next to him during a game and I wish he bleeped more of the swearing out (sometimes he does, sometime he doesn't), but it's all part of the positive media around the club, our sons always look out for him and it is part of the post-match ritual to watch his video, although ironically our boys won't be able to watch this one as its littered with swears.

I think he's great for the club, gives an experience of the match for those who can't go and even gives a bit of advertising for local businesses. Keep it up Alex. (Although try and bleep the swearing out so my children can watch more of it!)

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Say what you want about the guy… on 14:00 - Feb 15 with 2685 viewsFreddies_Ears

Say what you want about the guy… on 13:52 - Feb 15 by TheBoyBlue

I wouldn't want to sit next to him during a game and I wish he bleeped more of the swearing out (sometimes he does, sometime he doesn't), but it's all part of the positive media around the club, our sons always look out for him and it is part of the post-match ritual to watch his video, although ironically our boys won't be able to watch this one as its littered with swears.

I think he's great for the club, gives an experience of the match for those who can't go and even gives a bit of advertising for local businesses. Keep it up Alex. (Although try and bleep the swearing out so my children can watch more of it!)

Sums it up for me in your first sentence. I would hate to have to put up with that during a game. To the extent that i'd likely tell him to shove it somewhere very dark.
Say what you want about the guy… on 14:20 - Feb 15 with 2626 viewsJ2BLUE

Say what you want about the guy… on 14:00 - Feb 15 by Freddies_Ears

Sums it up for me in your first sentence. I would hate to have to put up with that during a game. To the extent that i'd likely tell him to shove it somewhere very dark.

Yea, i'd be polite about it but I wouldn't want him near me. Can't stand vlogging. Seems almost like hijacking everyone's enjoyment for your content.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and not out to cause offence but I reckon most people around him would rather he didn't do it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Say what you want about the guy… on 14:31 - Feb 15 with 2584 viewsIpswich1984

I had it during an away game earlier in the season, when I asked him to stop blocking my view it was like how dare you ask me to do that.

Got no issue with him and bullying him, preventing him from creating his content is out of order but just think he needs to be more aware of what's going on around him as sometimes things like this can be a catalyst.

Poll: Should there be a lap of honour after the Sheffield United game?

Say what you want about the guy… on 15:32 - Feb 15 with 2480 viewsChurchman

Say what you want about the guy… on 07:27 - Feb 15 by Stewart27

What is wrong with people?

He may not be everybody’s cup of tea so don’t watch him if if this is the case. He’s completely inoffensive and he’s a die hard town fan.

He made ITFC bearable during the unbearable days for my then 5 year old son and now he’s a season ticket holder. He’s always very pleasant every time I’ve met him. Seems like a genuinely nice lad.

He is passionate and cares about the club. He is doing something creative and offers his views. I’ve seen the odd bit of his stuff - it’s ok. If people don’t like it, don’t watch it. It’s really not difficult.

Unfortunately there are plenty of scumbag people who take great pleasure in spoiling and destroying, whether it be what somebody does or stuff come to that. It saddens me.
Say what you want about the guy… on 16:56 - Feb 15 with 2377 viewsslade1

Maybe the scumbags who abused him would like to come on this forum and explain why?
Was it because they were 'showing off' to their mates?
Idiots the lot of you.
Come on, post on here, I am looking forward to hearing what you little boys have to say for yourselves.
[Post edited 15 Feb 17:21]
Say what you want about the guy… on 19:30 - Feb 15 with 2249 viewsHipsterectomy

From what I remember he has done things for charity, he’s also great with our kid fans and disabled fans from what I’ve seen. I wonder what happened that made him late to the game? Phone snatched or something?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Say what you want about the guy… on 19:32 - Feb 15 with 2247 viewsHipsterectomy

Say what you want about the guy… on 10:52 - Feb 15 by nrb1985

I've always been very curious about this dynamic.

Why is it that London games bring these people out? Where are they at other home games? Given Ipswich is an hour away from London?

Are they even Town fans or just tag alongs? Seems really bizarre.

Great question. I guess London away days are treated as a full day out whereas home matches are a small part of some people’s day.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Login to get fewer ads

Say what you want about the guy… on 20:04 - Feb 15 with 2195 viewsSwansea_Blue

Same. I’m not in the slightest bit interested in these people who live their lives through the lens of a mobile phone. I can’t think of anything worse and aren’t interested in watching some shaky footage with him bleating over the top of it. But it seems that some people like what he does, and that’s absolutely fine too. Each of us to our own.

Anyone giving someone else grief though, irrespective of the reason (unless it’s to tackle abusive behaviour), is a massive tw*t.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Say what you want about the guy… on 20:49 - Feb 15 with 2090 views_clive_baker_

Who needs enemies eh
Say what you want about the guy… on 21:06 - Feb 15 with 2025 viewsbazza

Say what you want about the guy… on 14:20 - Feb 15 by J2BLUE

Yea, i'd be polite about it but I wouldn't want him near me. Can't stand vlogging. Seems almost like hijacking everyone's enjoyment for your content.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and not out to cause offence but I reckon most people around him would rather he didn't do it.

He doesn’t film anyone who doesn’t want to be in it, and the majority of the clips are interacting with the crowd before and after the match. And by the looks of it, most of the people around him are friends. He’s not doing anyone any harm. He’s actually very tactful with it from what I’ve seen.
Say what you want about the guy… on 21:13 - Feb 15 with 1984 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Say what you want about the guy… on 10:52 - Feb 15 by nrb1985

I've always been very curious about this dynamic.

Why is it that London games bring these people out? Where are they at other home games? Given Ipswich is an hour away from London?

Are they even Town fans or just tag alongs? Seems really bizarre.

It’s been a thing for as long as I can remember but always worst at Milwall, Charlton, QPR and weirdly Gillingham. I think it’s the same people who just play up to the surroundings. I haven’t seen as much “clobber” at an away game for a long long time as I did last night. Have to say last night I thought the conduct of fans inside the ground wasn’t too bad, but sounds like there was some nonsense happening en route too and from.

It’s still a small minority, but I think it’s just people getting carried way with a boozy trip to the big city.
Say what you want about the guy… on 02:45 - Feb 17 with 1707 viewswitchdoctor

Say what you want about the guy… on 21:13 - Feb 15 by Matt_Netherlands

It’s been a thing for as long as I can remember but always worst at Milwall, Charlton, QPR and weirdly Gillingham. I think it’s the same people who just play up to the surroundings. I haven’t seen as much “clobber” at an away game for a long long time as I did last night. Have to say last night I thought the conduct of fans inside the ground wasn’t too bad, but sounds like there was some nonsense happening en route too and from.

It’s still a small minority, but I think it’s just people getting carried way with a boozy trip to the big city.

noticed a small group…maybe 4 or 5 ..at the front in the lower section giving it the ‘big ‘un towards the home fans to our right…sounds like the kind of twonks that gave Alex grief beforehand.
Say what you want about the guy… on 05:55 - Feb 17 with 1634 viewsPerublue

Of all the places you'd expect hassle from from oppo fans than your own ... All the very best to you Alex.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Say what you want about the guy… on 06:01 - Feb 17 with 1627 viewscressi

Not right to bully anybody but I would like the full story some of his content is OK ie giving small business a slot the travelling away etc talking with fans other bits mmmm but still don't warrant bad behaviour towards him if true.
On the other hand all those people same as other vlogs Paying a fiver a month earning a reasonable living watching Town doing something you like. Not quite like a reporter in a war torn country sometimes you have to be strong and not bow to the imbeciles.
Say what you want about the guy… on 07:06 - Feb 17 with 1586 viewsfranz_tyson

Say what you want about the guy… on 20:04 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

Same. I’m not in the slightest bit interested in these people who live their lives through the lens of a mobile phone. I can’t think of anything worse and aren’t interested in watching some shaky footage with him bleating over the top of it. But it seems that some people like what he does, and that’s absolutely fine too. Each of us to our own.

Anyone giving someone else grief though, irrespective of the reason (unless it’s to tackle abusive behaviour), is a massive tw*t.

Seems like some people like what he does? .He's got 46k subscribers. Put that in perspective.... Blue Monday has only 3.9k subscribers.

Good luck to him..... he's probably partly responsible for bringing in a younger audience and, hence, maybe a young fanbase. Hes actually pretty good with young fans.

He's not my go-to, but I wish him well.... and I hope he gives a cringy middle-finger to the sneery ones who look down on him. But it seems that some people like that.
Say what you want about the guy… on 07:52 - Feb 17 with 1516 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Say what you want about the guy… on 07:06 - Feb 17 by franz_tyson

Seems like some people like what he does? .He's got 46k subscribers. Put that in perspective.... Blue Monday has only 3.9k subscribers.

Good luck to him..... he's probably partly responsible for bringing in a younger audience and, hence, maybe a young fanbase. Hes actually pretty good with young fans.

He's not my go-to, but I wish him well.... and I hope he gives a cringy middle-finger to the sneery ones who look down on him. But it seems that some people like that.

"he's probably partly responsible for bringing in a younger audience"

Winning football does that, not some bloke with a camera.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Say what you want about the guy… on 07:57 - Feb 17 with 1488 viewsChurchman

Say what you want about the guy… on 07:06 - Feb 17 by franz_tyson

Interesting re subscriber numbers. I sometimes listen to Blue Monday, Ben Bloom/Parkin and the content is better than Alex G and the single Charlie’s - for me. And even with them it’s an if I’m doing something else, take it or leave it medium. Each to their own. Alex Griffin is clearly popular, from those numbers so good for him.

What is for sure is that nobody deserves abuse for that and those who engaged in it need to get a life. Sadly though, bullying is deeply fashionable. It’s all part of the look after number one, do what you like, f everybody else culture. It doesn’t matter if it’s abusing a bloke doing a vlog, pinching 10 years of tea off the shelves because it may be in short supply, appalling driving including tailgating, shoving others off the road, fighting for cases on the airport carousel or a minister bullying staff in the Home Office (Patel, allegedly).

It saddens me, especially when so many people are not like that.
Say what you want about the guy… on 11:04 - Feb 17 with 1328 viewsNeedhamChris

Say what you want about the guy… on 07:52 - Feb 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

They're not mutually exclusive are they?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Say what you want about the guy… on 12:09 - Feb 17 with 1245 viewsMullet

Say what you want about the guy… on 06:01 - Feb 17 by cressi

Not right to bully anybody but I would like the full story some of his content is OK ie giving small business a slot the travelling away etc talking with fans other bits mmmm but still don't warrant bad behaviour towards him if true.
On the other hand all those people same as other vlogs Paying a fiver a month earning a reasonable living watching Town doing something you like. Not quite like a reporter in a war torn country sometimes you have to be strong and not bow to the imbeciles.

Not sure any of them are claiming to be akin to war reporters are they? Although ones charging a fiver and never going would deserve ire.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Say what you want about the guy… on 13:59 - Feb 17 with 1136 viewsClapham_Junction

Say what you want about the guy… on 07:52 - Feb 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Counterpoint: Our attendances went up 9% in the season we were relegated from the Championship, and 11% in the season we finished 11th in League One, our worst finish for sixty years. Our attendances increased in each of the last three seasons in which we were relegated (although in 2001/2 that was because the capacity increased during the season).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024