Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Woolfenden 09:01 - Feb 15 with 1765 viewsitfcjoe

101 passes completed out of 102 attempts.

Incredible stats, but sums up Millwall's press

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Luke Woolfenden on 09:03 - Feb 15 with 1723 viewstextbackup

Surely that’s got to be up there as the best ever pass completion % anyone has ever had for us, and maybe any professional game?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Luke Woolfenden on 09:03 - Feb 15 with 1717 viewsiamipswich

It was a remarkably non-existent press. The moment I saw Bradshaw turn his back on Burgess when CB had the ball I felt a whole lot more confident.

Poll: Who will return first?

Luke Woolfenden on 09:04 - Feb 15 with 1701 viewsitfcjoe

Luke Woolfenden on 09:03 - Feb 15 by textbackup

Surely that’s got to be up there as the best ever pass completion % anyone has ever had for us, and maybe any professional game?!

I can't think of a higher Ipswich number than that....other teams will have better numbers though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Luke Woolfenden on 09:20 - Feb 15 with 1563 viewsDJR

The lack of press just played into our hands.

I wonder why they did it. Is it just that they weren't fit or fast enough to make it work?
Luke Woolfenden on 09:31 - Feb 15 with 1445 viewsBlueySwede

Baffled to see a few fans slagging him off before the game yesterday, when the line ups were announced.
Yes, the mistake he made against WBA was bad, but i happens. He has been such a good player for us the last couple of years.
Luke Woolfenden on 09:32 - Feb 15 with 1441 viewsFreddies_Ears

Luke Woolfenden on 09:20 - Feb 15 by DJR

I wonder why they did it. Is it just that they weren't fit or fast enough to make it work?

According to their fans, they are nowhere near fit enough. Prematch, they said they needed a big start, as they struggle to hold on 2nd half. Although they didn't press high ( which played into our hands), they did find themselves having to do multiple 30m-40m sprints in the MF, which soon wears you down.
Luke Woolfenden on 09:33 - Feb 15 with 1431 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Our best centre back. One of our best players. Love watching him play.

The criticism after WBA was OTT.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Luke Woolfenden on 09:34 - Feb 15 with 1395 viewsBseaBlue

A very good performance from him. Just commented on another thread that he looks so much more assured and confident with his mate Burgess next to him.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Woolfenden on 09:34 - Feb 15 with 1388 viewsdavblue

They looked so confused as to what to do.

A hybrid of a Rowett team and Edwards ideas and doing neither effectively.
Luke Woolfenden on 09:39 - Feb 15 with 1339 viewscharlie1

Luke Woolfenden on 09:32 - Feb 15 by Freddies_Ears

According to their fans, they are nowhere near fit enough. Prematch, they said they needed a big start, as they struggle to hold on 2nd half. Although they didn't press high ( which played into our hands), they did find themselves having to do multiple 30m-40m sprints in the MF, which soon wears you down.

If they sacrifice the press, it can only be in order to overload the midfield and stop us playing through.
If they’re not pressing but still having to make those sorts of sprints they’ve got real problems.
Can see this season ending really badly for them if they don’t sort that shape out sharpish.
Luke Woolfenden on 09:40 - Feb 15 with 1333 viewsSteve_M

Imagine how good he would be if he wasn't so 'casual'.......

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Luke Woolfenden on 09:40 - Feb 15 with 1325 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Luke Woolfenden on 09:34 - Feb 15 by BseaBlue

A very good performance from him. Just commented on another thread that he looks so much more assured and confident with his mate Burgess next to him.

Great to have him back. Natural left footed balance. Him and Moore were absolute beasts at defending set pieces last night.

Edmundson has done pretty well tbf but a much better team with Burgess in it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Luke Woolfenden on 09:42 - Feb 15 with 1294 viewstractorboy1978

Luke Woolfenden on 09:03 - Feb 15 by iamipswich

It was a remarkably non-existent press. The moment I saw Bradshaw turn his back on Burgess when CB had the ball I felt a whole lot more confident.

I thought they looked terrified of us. Like they knew if they tried to press we would just expose them.
Luke Woolfenden on 09:47 - Feb 15 with 1257 viewshomer_123

Luke Woolfenden on 09:20 - Feb 15 by DJR

They employed a high block. When they pressed, they pressed in 1s or 2s max. Again, they never pressed the first pass to Hladky.

This is a pattern against us by teams. Block high and press the space after the second pass.

Difference with Milwall was they aren't very good, compared to West Brom.

Had we conceded early it might have been interesting.

Clearly 'wall don't have the energy and fitness levels other teams do.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Luke Woolfenden on 09:48 - Feb 15 with 1247 viewsBiGDonnie

He's a joke. My favourite player.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Luke Woolfenden on 09:49 - Feb 15 with 1239 viewsNthQldITFC

Luke Woolfenden on 09:31 - Feb 15 by BlueySwede

Baffled to see a few fans slagging him off before the game yesterday, when the line ups were announced.
Yes, the mistake he made against WBA was bad, but i happens. He has been such a good player for us the last couple of years.

It's only the utterly dense who think being a centre back is still about heading as many balls as far as possible and going through the back of strikers who start frothing and moaning after an error or two.

Woolfie's almost flawless, relaxed baiting of opposition 9s and his central control of our shifting it across the back line is actually probably THE keystone of how we play.

This is probably an unnecessarily dismissive comment in a way but ignorant and stupid, yes stupid, 'criticism' really pisses me off and creates a negativity which as we have seen can feed back to the team - albeit I'm sure the team just laugh at it.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Luke Woolfenden on 09:53 - Feb 15 with 1089 viewshomer_123

Luke Woolfenden on 09:03 - Feb 15 by iamipswich

The reason it was non existent is because it was a high block.

They were happy to let us have the ball in our third. A press opens the space in midfield which they couldn't afford to give. Hence why only 1 or 2 ever pressed.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Luke Woolfenden on 10:41 - Feb 15 with 904 viewsSamWhiteUK

Luke Woolfenden on 09:31 - Feb 15 by BlueySwede

That's because a lot of our fans equate one mistake with having a bad game.
Luke Woolfenden on 10:43 - Feb 15 with 883 views3_5_2

I thought he looked more comfortable with Burgess?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Luke Woolfenden on 10:51 - Feb 15 with 829 viewschicoazul

Absolute Chad. The most Suffolk man in the world too. Love him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024