Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current favourite for player of the season 13:03 - Feb 20 with 3620 viewsTractorFrog

It seems strange that, in our best season for 20 years, there is not an obvious favourite for the player of the season, but there are many great options. I guess that is just a Kieran McKenna team for you.

Who would you currently pick? Personally, I would be tempted by Nathan Broadhead although that may be a bit of recency bias. I think Massimo Luongo has been our most consistently brilliant performer. Last years clear top three, Morsy, Chaplin and Davis, are definitely in the conversation, as is Vaclav Hladky who has had a surprisingly extraordinary season. It is very hard to pick.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:06 - Feb 20 with 2606 viewsCoastalblue

Wolfy for me, stepped up with aplomb when plenty doubted him and has been consistently good.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:09 - Feb 20 with 2582 viewsmatt92

Hladky would be my choice, simply because he wasn't playing last season so didn't have the momentum of last season behind him in the same way last season's regulars did.
Current favourite for player of the season on 13:10 - Feb 20 with 2571 viewsBarcaBlue

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:06 - Feb 20 by Coastalblue

Wolfy for me, stepped up with aplomb when plenty doubted him and has been consistently good.

Agreed, top class and consistent.
Current favourite for player of the season on 13:12 - Feb 20 with 2551 viewsZx1988

Based on the first half of the season I'd go for Hladky, based very much on a reality vs. expectations assessment.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if one of the January additions will have staked a credible claim come May.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:13 - Feb 20 with 2535 views_clive_baker_

Morsy is a bit of a victim of his own high standards and consistency. We’re so used to it that we take it for granted, but when he’s out of the side we see how badly he’s missed. He has to be in the conversation when it comes to POTS.
Current favourite for player of the season on 13:15 - Feb 20 with 2506 viewsKieran_Knows

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:13 - Feb 20 by _clive_baker_

Morsy is a bit of a victim of his own high standards and consistency. We’re so used to it that we take it for granted, but when he’s out of the side we see how badly he’s missed. He has to be in the conversation when it comes to POTS.

I honestly have no idea how we go about replacing him ... obviously it becomes a bit easier if/when we get promoted as money and range of players becomes bigger and wider for us to target, but right now he's almost irreplaceable. You can tell both him (and Chaplin I would say) are the managers eyes out on that pitch, and his game has gone to another level since McKenna came in.

What a player, what a leader.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:17 - Feb 20 with 2490 viewsCobboldCrusty

I think for a while it was Hladky. He kept us in games and was instrumental to our build-up play. We've had to evolve our style a bit as teams have sussed out the way we draw them onto us a little bit. This might have made Hladky seem slightly less impressive coupled with one or two mistakes. He's been great though and I love the way he has seized this opportunity.

Always suprised that Morsy is not more of an obvious choice in these conversations. He almost never puts in a performance less than 8/10 and our levels drop massively without him in there. He inspires the whole team and I think is the engine of quite a lot of McKenna's philosophy on the pitch. He is securing his status as an all-time great in front of our very eyes imho.
Current favourite for player of the season on 13:17 - Feb 20 with 2487 viewsitfcjoe

1 - Morsy
2 - Hladky
3 - Woolfie
4 - Davis

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:19 - Feb 20 with 2455 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hladky for me. Ever present and only two games all season where you could say he wasn't at his best. Outstanding saves in many others and so many attacks and goals have started from him.

Morsy a very close second.

Burgess and Hirst as the unsung heroes, as their absence was really noticed.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:19 - Feb 20 with 2450 viewsHelp

Hladky for the reason came from nowhere been superb. Though I could make a case for many others I still think he has far exceeded expectations when we all panicked at the start of the season when Walton was injured and now who would we rather have in goal.
Current favourite for player of the season on 13:21 - Feb 20 with 2437 viewsGavTWTD

You can make a case for many of them. Burgess hasn't been mentioned yet, but we seem to be better at the back with him playing. Davis, obviously.

I think the question to be answered is "who do we miss most when he's not playing" and I'd have to say Morsy.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:22 - Feb 20 with 2419 viewstextbackup

From playing days I’ve always had a soft spot for CB’s

So I’ve got to go for Cam Burgess, the difference in speed that we play with him in the team has been so noticeable the last couple of games.

Morsy obviously my real number 1, but as everyone will go for him I’m opting for big Cam

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:24 - Feb 20 with 2396 viewsJeanManuelThetis

1 - Davis
2 - Morsy
3 - Hladky

12 assists already from Davis is pretty incredible, not to mention how many other goals he has been directly involved with. If we play without Davis or Morsy, it feels like an uphill battle.
Current favourite for player of the season on 13:24 - Feb 20 with 2382 viewsRoggydem

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:21 - Feb 20 by GavTWTD

You can make a case for many of them. Burgess hasn't been mentioned yet, but we seem to be better at the back with him playing. Davis, obviously.

I think the question to be answered is "who do we miss most when he's not playing" and I'd have to say Morsy.

Yes would agree - I think Morsy and Leif are the two missed most when not playing.
Current favourite for player of the season on 13:30 - Feb 20 with 2326 viewsSwansea_Blue

Davis for me. That’s purely because I think he’s the one we miss the most when he’s not playing.

But agree with the OP and general suggestions so far. It could be one from any of the following (in no particular order):
Hladky
Woolfie
Davis
Burgess (I think he’s more important than people realise)
Morsy

Broady and Luongo not far behind.

Clarke’s coming on well too.

What this shows is it’s really all about the team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:34 - Feb 20 with 2288 viewsChurchman

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:17 - Feb 20 by itfcjoe

1 - Morsy
2 - Hladky
3 - Woolfie
4 - Davis

Good shout but for me

Morsy
Woolfenden
Davis
Burgess

I understand the high opinion of Lladky and if there was an award for most surprising or improved player, he’s the man.
Current favourite for player of the season on 13:34 - Feb 20 with 2288 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Luke Woolfenden for me.

I think he has been superb this season, playing in an incredibly hard role. The amount of times he is 1v1 is mental. But he has done such a good job.

Leif, Morsy and Hladky the other 3 who stand out. Thought Hirst was superb until his unfortunate injury

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:38 - Feb 20 with 2238 viewsPhilTWTD

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:24 - Feb 20 by Roggydem

Yes would agree - I think Morsy and Leif are the two missed most when not playing.

You could also make a similar case for Hirst given how he was missed. Hladky, Chaplin, Burgess and Morsy would be the frontrunners for me, I think.
Current favourite for player of the season on 13:44 - Feb 20 with 2183 viewsDJR

Me too.
Current favourite for player of the season on 13:46 - Feb 20 with 2162 viewsrickw

Between Hladky and Davis for me

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Current favourite for player of the season on 14:16 - Feb 20 with 2026 viewswaveneyblue

Current favourite for player of the season on 13:46 - Feb 20 by rickw

Between Hladky and Davis for me

Wolfie, Hladky, Morsy. Haven't decided on order
Current favourite for player of the season on 14:17 - Feb 20 with 2022 viewsBasuco

Morsey or Hirst for me, both are badly missed when not playing, but every other player have been superb, Kayden Jackson and Hutch have been fantastic off the bench closing down and causing problems when seeing a game out. This season reminds me of 1999/2000 season under Burley, the team worked so well together it was difficult to pick any one player who stood out in many games.
Current favourite for player of the season on 14:21 - Feb 20 with 1989 viewsTractorCam

It's so good to have a handful of players who could all win it and cause no surprise to anyone.

I'd say one of Davis and Morsy for consistency.
[Post edited 20 Feb 14:22]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Current favourite for player of the season on 14:46 - Feb 20 with 1896 viewslazyblue

Morsy, been outstandingly in the way we play.
Current favourite for player of the season on 14:46 - Feb 20 with 1895 viewslazyblue

Better than Morsy??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024