Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' 22:28 - Feb 20 with 2362 viewsbobbyramsey

Is a very poor take on that game and ignores a complete Pandora's box of problems. We were ruddy awful......
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 22:31 - Feb 20 with 2297 viewsportmanking

Oh give over. Rotherham threw the kitchen sink at us. They had nothing to lose. Fair play to them. We were out on our feet after a gruelling game on a sticky pitch at Swansea. Give our players credit for sticking with it. Could have sulked for a 3-3 but no, we found a way.

Games coming thick and fast, don't over analyse. We have 69 points with a quarter of the season to play. Sunderland finished sixth with that last season.
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 22:34 - Feb 20 with 2246 viewsRobTheMonk

Wednesday away, Saturday away, Tuesday home, 9 points.

Performance was admittedly rough tonight, but win when you’re playing badly is a positive. I wouldn’t want to be in the post game analysis of that one as a player though.

I do think we looked tired in this one which is no surprise.
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 22:40 - Feb 20 with 2169 viewsBarcaBlue

45 minutes of the worst we've arguably been in over 2 years doesn't constitute a pandora's box of problems. It means we had a very poor half of football and can put it right again in 4 days' time.
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 22:43 - Feb 20 with 2104 viewsIllinoisblue

We’re all emotional at times, but wow. I get that it’s hard to process a win that feels like a loss but tell us more about the box of problems, please

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 22:47 - Feb 20 with 2034 viewstractorboy1978

Jesus wept.

You can guarantee we will be miles better than that on Saturday. Have we ever had back to back poor performances under McKenna?
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 22:48 - Feb 20 with 2020 viewsChurchman

It’s the business end of the season where the prizes are there to be taken. It doesn’t matter how you win, just win.

Who remembers and frets over the Port Vale game last season? Nobody because we ground out a win and it proved crucial. Who’s to say three points from ‘ruddy awful’ won’t prove just as crucial?

Should we have buried these Millwall style? Of course. But sport isn’t like that. If it was, where’s the fun?
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 22:51 - Feb 20 with 1970 viewspointofblue

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 22:47 - Feb 20 by tractorboy1978

Jesus wept.

You can guarantee we will be miles better than that on Saturday. Have we ever had back to back poor performances under McKenna?

QPR and Stoke? But there were mitigating circumstances. And neither were as bad as tonight.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 22:55 - Feb 20 with 1912 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Christ you’re a cheery soul!
Login to get fewer ads

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 22:58 - Feb 20 with 1851 viewsTractorWood

We were poor defensively but we were actually pretty clinical going forwards.

3 wins on the spin is class. Let's keep pushing.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 22:58 - Feb 20 with 1840 viewspointofblue

I'm don't agree we have a "Pandora's box" of problems but I think the last three games have been in the top five of our worst performances of the season across 90 minutes. OK, against Millwall we didn't really have to try. But Swansea and Rotherham offer a slight concern to me as, even though we're picking up points, it's a case of falling on the right side of fine margins, which cannot last.

For the most part, we were playing better during the 'run' than now but not getting the result. Now it feels like the performances have dropped off but we're getting the rub of the green. The luck won't last. We might have to fight past Birmingham on fumes, then hopefully the week's gap will serve us well.

I think I'm actually happy Maidstone knocked us out of the FA Cup now. I wouldn't have fancied a trip to Coventry next week.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:02 - Feb 20 with 1786 viewsFifeITFC

Jesus Christ, let's not overreact, yeah?

Never heard so much OTT garbage. It's a bad game, one which has been rare over the past 18 months or so. Log off, go to bed, sleep on it and re-evaluate your opinion in a few days.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:03 - Feb 20 with 1773 viewsClareBlue

Two away trips and a home game in 6 days at this stage in a tough season, and we won them all. Forget the performance we got the points, is exactly what you should do.
Only 3 teams have managed to beat us and we have lost the least games of any club in the league. After playing a level below 9 months ago.

That is not a Pandora's box of problems under any perspective.
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:04 - Feb 20 with 1749 viewsbobbyramsey

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 22:43 - Feb 20 by Illinoisblue

We’re all emotional at times, but wow. I get that it’s hard to process a win that feels like a loss but tell us more about the box of problems, please

To not be able to cope with long balls just pumped into the box is pretty poor defending at this level....
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:06 - Feb 20 with 1721 viewsbobbyramsey

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:03 - Feb 20 by ClareBlue

Two away trips and a home game in 6 days at this stage in a tough season, and we won them all. Forget the performance we got the points, is exactly what you should do.
Only 3 teams have managed to beat us and we have lost the least games of any club in the league. After playing a level below 9 months ago.

That is not a Pandora's box of problems under any perspective.

I very much doubt that KM will be forgetting that performance in a hurry.
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:07 - Feb 20 with 1698 viewsStokieBlue

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:04 - Feb 20 by bobbyramsey

To not be able to cope with long balls just pumped into the box is pretty poor defending at this level....

So that's a "Pandora's box" of issues?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:09 - Feb 20 with 1678 viewsChurchman

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:04 - Feb 20 by bobbyramsey

Most of the Championship failed to cope with just that from Luton last year. That’s why they’re £100m rich this year.

When done well with the right players, the hoof is still an effective tactic, regardless of how unbearable to watch it is.
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:09 - Feb 20 with 1668 viewssquiz

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 22:58 - Feb 20 by pointofblue

I'm don't agree we have a "Pandora's box" of problems but I think the last three games have been in the top five of our worst performances of the season across 90 minutes. OK, against Millwall we didn't really have to try. But Swansea and Rotherham offer a slight concern to me as, even though we're picking up points, it's a case of falling on the right side of fine margins, which cannot last.

For the most part, we were playing better during the 'run' than now but not getting the result. Now it feels like the performances have dropped off but we're getting the rub of the green. The luck won't last. We might have to fight past Birmingham on fumes, then hopefully the week's gap will serve us well.

I think I'm actually happy Maidstone knocked us out of the FA Cup now. I wouldn't have fancied a trip to Coventry next week.

Well said.
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:24 - Feb 20 with 1556 viewsbobbyramsey

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:09 - Feb 20 by Churchman

Most of the Championship failed to cope with just that from Luton last year. That’s why they’re £100m rich this year.

When done well with the right players, the hoof is still an effective tactic, regardless of how unbearable to watch it is.

Obviously most teams can cope with it otherwise Rotherham wouldn't be in the relegation zone......
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:54 - Feb 20 with 1436 viewsN2_Blue

FFS pandoras box of problems. Give over you wipe.

Yes we were poor tonight, but we won and we have 69 points from 33 games....yes a real pandora's box of problems.

I despair the thought process of some of our fans sometimes

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 00:05 - Feb 21 with 1399 viewswaveneyblue

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:54 - Feb 20 by N2_Blue

FFS pandoras box of problems. Give over you wipe.

Yes we were poor tonight, but we won and we have 69 points from 33 games....yes a real pandora's box of problems.

I despair the thought process of some of our fans sometimes

You ought to read the guff written on Facebook from our fans.

Utterly embarrassing
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 00:07 - Feb 21 with 1384 viewsChurchman

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 23:24 - Feb 20 by bobbyramsey

Obviously most teams can cope with it otherwise Rotherham wouldn't be in the relegation zone......

We won and they’re still bottom.

Leeds and Southampton struggled against them - a couple of draws as indeed we did at their place. Norwich, Cov and Middlesbrough even managed to lose to them. It happens.
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 00:43 - Feb 21 with 1300 viewsgainsboroughblue

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 00:05 - Feb 21 by waveneyblue

You ought to read the guff written on Facebook from our fans.

Utterly embarrassing

Facebook? Feck me, that's several tiers down from the news commenters.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 05:45 - Feb 21 with 1141 viewsbobbyramsey

In the cold light of day maybe "Pandora's box" was a little OTT but there's no getting away from the fact that the same old defensive problems keep rearing their ugly head and we don't appear to be learning.

Love the club, love the players, love KM and co. but my nerves are frazzled.

COYB
To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 12:54 - Feb 21 with 768 viewsClareBlue

To say " forget the performance, we got the points ' on 05:45 - Feb 21 by bobbyramsey

In the cold light of day maybe "Pandora's box" was a little OTT but there's no getting away from the fact that the same old defensive problems keep rearing their ugly head and we don't appear to be learning.

Love the club, love the players, love KM and co. but my nerves are frazzled.

COYB

Well, yes, nobody is going to argue that getting out of jail on the 5th minute of added time isn't causing us stress. For some of us of a certain age, watching this team is a significant health issue with stress and adrenaline. As you say, the defending has much to do with this.
Cause of death 'heart attack brought on by Ipswich Town Football Club inability to defend' might be on my DC.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024