Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
El Mizouni 10:28 - Feb 28 with 3931 viewsSomethingBlue

Went to watch Orient vs Blackpool last night, not specifically to see El Mizouni but that was a welcome bonus. Was a tight, scrappy game between play-off contenders and not one where anything fancy happened in possession but thought El Miz had the midfield completely locked down, carries himself like a veteran and was first to pretty much anything that threatened to come through there for Blackpool. It was his challenge in the middle that meant Orient could break for their winner. If we go up I'm sure we move him on but will be very interested to see what we decide to do if we don't, particularly as the midfield revamp is probably the most important aspect of squad development ahead of us.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

El Mizouni on 10:31 - Feb 28 with 3846 viewsBiGDonnie

I think it's as you say, promotion and he's sold, another season in the champ and he's very much involved in the squad.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

El Mizouni on 10:44 - Feb 28 with 3765 viewsjayessess

It's impressive how Leyton Orient have pushed up the table this season and I get the sense that El Miz kicking on a bit further and coming to dominate the level has been a big part of it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

El Mizouni on 11:02 - Feb 28 with 3661 viewsArnoldMoorhen

If we go up, why not:

"You have done brilliantly at Orient. Here's a new contract, we will loan you to a Championship side next year."?

We would get 5 times as much for him as a player with a good Championship season behind him as we would as a player with a very good League 1 season in the bank.

And if we were then relegated he would have the experience to bolster us in a promotion campaign.

If we stayed up, he could then become a squad player in the Prem.
El Mizouni on 11:47 - Feb 28 with 3474 viewsmonkeymagic

I think he will be another Liam Trotter : not going to make many first team starts with us but probably have a good career as a top league 1 or middling Championship midfielder.
El Mizouni on 12:04 - Feb 28 with 3364 viewstractorboy1978

He seems quite a natural replacement for Morsy at this level to me. And that day we will be coming sooner than we'd like.
El Mizouni on 12:13 - Feb 28 with 3299 viewsHelp

All orient fans I know all say he is way above the rest of the team in quality and they glad he went back as they love him
El Mizouni on 12:52 - Feb 28 with 3097 viewsTractorFrog

El Mizouni on 12:13 - Feb 28 by Help

All orient fans I know all say he is way above the rest of the team in quality and they glad he went back as they love him

I have heard similar feedback from Leyton Orient fans.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

El Mizouni on 13:04 - Feb 28 with 2991 viewsParisBlue

He never let us down in the few opportunities he had. After 2 years in league one I'd have him back, unless he himself wants to move on.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

El Mizouni on 13:28 - Feb 28 with 2833 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

All sounds very positive with El Mizouni and I think this summer is make or break.

I think the bigger picture for him and in general with any players coming into the side looking to make a case in a central defensive role, left back role, central midfield role or striker role is having their own stamp and not having the 'but he's not got the grip on a game like Morsy' or 'he's not as effective getting forward as Davis' comparisons because these are players who we will do very well at replacing when the time comes.

It's like when Humphreys played at left back for a couple of games because of Davis's injury. We all knew he wasn't going to provide the threat that Davis does, but he's being compared to Davis.

Morsy and Luongo have been different class. McKenna has probably got the absolute maximum out of them individually and as a pairing. You can tell the other options we have just aren't on their level. Can El Mizouni bring his own personality into the midfield one day? Time will tell.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

El Mizouni on 13:29 - Feb 28 with 2828 viewsmonty_radio

El Mizouni on 11:47 - Feb 28 by monkeymagic

I think he will be another Liam Trotter : not going to make many first team starts with us but probably have a good career as a top league 1 or middling Championship midfielder.

These days this is an early call. I've known fans of Morsey's previous club who don't recognise the player that I describe. El Miz is 5 years younger than Morsey was when he suddenly kicked on.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

El Mizouni on 17:47 - Feb 28 with 2398 viewsmonkeymagic

El Mizouni on 13:29 - Feb 28 by monty_radio

These days this is an early call. I've known fans of Morsey's previous club who don't recognise the player that I describe. El Miz is 5 years younger than Morsey was when he suddenly kicked on.

Yes, that’s a good point. Fingers crossed we have Sam 2.0 on the books already!
El Mizouni on 18:37 - Feb 28 with 2299 viewsDubtractor

El Mizouni on 11:02 - Feb 28 by ArnoldMoorhen

If we go up, why not:

"You have done brilliantly at Orient. Here's a new contract, we will loan you to a Championship side next year."?

We would get 5 times as much for him as a player with a good Championship season behind him as we would as a player with a very good League 1 season in the bank.

And if we were then relegated he would have the experience to bolster us in a promotion campaign.

In that scenario he'd surely be better just leaving us and trying fir a championship move off his own back.

He'll be 24 this year and endless loan moves can't be that appealing.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

El Mizouni on 13:28 - Feb 29 with 1732 viewsitfcsuth

Really good player and will have a really good career, whether here or away I don't know - probably depends on circumstance come the end of the season.

Always had technical ability, but his physical development has really helped him over the past few years - really looks like bloke rather than a boy now.
El Mizouni on 16:00 - Feb 29 with 1530 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

El Mizouni on 13:28 - Feb 29 by itfcsuth

Really good player and will have a really good career, whether here or away I don't know - probably depends on circumstance come the end of the season.

Always had technical ability, but his physical development has really helped him over the past few years - really looks like bloke rather than a boy now.

You've used the word "really" four times in two sentences. Are you Kieran McKenna ?

🤔
El Mizouni on 16:02 - Feb 29 with 1527 viewsgiant_stow

I've seen him a bit for Orient too and agree - hes the bollox.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

El Mizouni on 16:39 - Feb 29 with 1441 viewsVaughan8

El Mizouni on 10:31 - Feb 28 by BiGDonnie

I think it's as you say, promotion and he's sold, another season in the champ and he's very much involved in the squad.

If we go up, we have more scope to have players on lower wages and loan them out so if we still think he can make it with us, i'd say we keep him.

In the championship we can't "waste" any money so anyone not up to it will be gone.
El Mizouni on 17:17 - Feb 29 with 1385 viewssoupytwist

El Mizouni on 11:02 - Feb 28 by ArnoldMoorhen

If we go up, why not:

If I were him, I wouldn't sign a new contract here unless there were some very specific guarantees in it that probably wouldn't be. And I certainly wouldn't sign another one so I could be sent out on loan again.

I'd back myself, given how I'd done at Orient, to find myself a decent contract elsewhere.
El Mizouni on 19:17 - Feb 29 with 1266 viewsNthsuffolkblue

El Mizouni on 18:37 - Feb 28 by Dubtractor

In that scenario he'd surely be better just leaving us and trying fir a championship move off his own back.

He'll be 24 this year and endless loan moves can't be that appealing.

Does a third successive loan at the same club progressing through the leagues count as "endless loan spells", though? If he can continue to progress, it could be good for us as a club whether he progresses as far as we do or not.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

El Mizouni on 06:48 - Mar 1 with 1039 viewsArnieM

El Miz has always been a good player and I never understood why we didn’t give him a chance here ( when the midfield at that time wasn’t as strong as it is now).
As for next seasons “ midfield re vamp “ this may well be true, but I hope to god do is the defence a primary re camp / overhaul target becysse it sure as hell needs it!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024