Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... 11:40 - Mar 1 with 6157 viewsRyorry

Others not so much maybe ...

All I heard from him was giving Keir Starmer an extended flaying on numerous counts - but not once condemning this stinking, corrupt, incompetent tory govt. or any of its MPs - not one word from him re the last 14 years

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:43 - Mar 1 with 2891 viewsHerbivore

Can't imagine there's many George Galloway fans on here. The guy is a narcissist and the kind of horrible populist we can do without.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:45 - Mar 1 with 2875 viewslowhouseblue

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:47 - Mar 1 with 2857 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

That he’s happy to defend the appalling, vicious regimes in Syria, Iran, and Russia - but chooses to lay into Kier Starmer tells you all you need to know.

An appalling racist crank.
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:47 - Mar 1 with 2845 viewsWhos_blue

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:43 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

Can't imagine there's many George Galloway fans on here. The guy is a narcissist and the kind of horrible populist we can do without.

Funnily enough, I was just about to post something similar.
Gaza is trouble for Starmer's labour, but Galloway will just sabre rattle and be a nuisance.
His maiden speech might be worth a listen though.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:50 - Mar 1 with 2799 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Who did you have in mind?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:53 - Mar 1 with 2766 viewsChurchman

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:47 - Mar 1 by SuperKieranMcKenna

That he’s happy to defend the appalling, vicious regimes in Syria, Iran, and Russia - but chooses to lay into Kier Starmer tells you all you need to know.

An appalling racist crank.

Yep, that just about covers it. The people that voted for him? Bonkers.
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:57 - Mar 1 with 2744 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

He's so odd. Banging on about Starmer over Gaza and yet nothing about the Tories who are actually in power.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:15 - Mar 1 with 2665 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:57 - Mar 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

He's so odd. Banging on about Starmer over Gaza and yet nothing about the Tories who are actually in power.

It's not really odd. He's a fraud and a charlatan but he was a 'left wing' candidate trying to win a seat held by Labour.

Similarly, the likes of Farage and those further to the right attack the Tories more, whether they are in or out of power.

You'll find you mate Jezza will do the same at the election if he decides to stand as an independent. He'll barely mention the Tories.
[Post edited 1 Mar 12:17]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:19 - Mar 1 with 2627 viewsJ2BLUE

How the hell did he actually get elected?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:22 - Mar 1 with 2598 viewsPinewoodblue

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:19 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

Wonder if any Pollster will try and vote where his support came from?

Assume it was traditional Labour voters and the independent who came second attracted the Tory vote.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:23 - Mar 1 with 2593 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:15 - Mar 1 by GlasgowBlue

It's not really odd. He's a fraud and a charlatan but he was a 'left wing' candidate trying to win a seat held by Labour.

Similarly, the likes of Farage and those further to the right attack the Tories more, whether they are in or out of power.

You'll find you mate Jezza will do the same at the election if he decides to stand as an independent. He'll barely mention the Tories.

What I mean is the specific thing he's having a go at Starmer for is odd. Starmer's not in power, he has very little say over what happens in Gaza. There are plenty of other (some might say legitimate) things to have a pop about. Banging on about how Gaza is somehow Starmer's fault just makes him look like more of an idiot than we already knew.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:26 - Mar 1 with 2565 viewsbluelagos

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:19 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

No alternatives I guess. Who would you vote for?

Lab put up a candidate they disowned for anti-semitic comments.
Greens put candidate they disowned for anti-islamic comments.
Reform put up a candidate previously dumped by Labour as he is a sex pest.
Tories party put up a tory.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:31 - Mar 1 with 2543 viewsBlueschev

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:15 - Mar 1 by GlasgowBlue

"You'll find you mate Jezza will do the same at the election if he decides to stand as an independent. He'll barely mention the Tories."

I seriously doubt that, he's nothing like that either in the way that he campaigns nor the way that he holds himself. I appreciate that you despise him but Corbyn isn't an "attack" politician, one of a myriad of reasons why he was a poor leader. If he stands as an independent he'll win because he's a very popular constituent MP.
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:31 - Mar 1 with 2537 viewsJ2BLUE

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:26 - Mar 1 by bluelagos

No alternatives I guess. Who would you vote for?

Lab put up a candidate they disowned for anti-semitic comments.
Greens put candidate they disowned for anti-islamic comments.
Reform put up a candidate previously dumped by Labour as he is a sex pest.
Tories party put up a tory.

I would have drawn a cock on the ballot paper.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:33 - Mar 1 with 2532 viewsbluelagos

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:31 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

I would have drawn a cock on the ballot paper.

Same

(Unless one of the Independents struck me as a good sort)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:34 - Mar 1 with 2533 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:31 - Mar 1 by Blueschev

"You'll find you mate Jezza will do the same at the election if he decides to stand as an independent. He'll barely mention the Tories."

I seriously doubt that, he's nothing like that either in the way that he campaigns nor the way that he holds himself. I appreciate that you despise him but Corbyn isn't an "attack" politician, one of a myriad of reasons why he was a poor leader. If he stands as an independent he'll win because he's a very popular constituent MP.

You don't think he'll attack Starmer if he stands as an independent? Have you seen Jezza's wife's social media posts?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:41 - Mar 1 with 2503 viewsBlueschev

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:34 - Mar 1 by GlasgowBlue

You don't think he'll attack Starmer if he stands as an independent? Have you seen Jezza's wife's social media posts?

I don't think he will, it's not his style and I don't think he'll need to. He's very popular in the constituency and voters will see a vote for Corbyn as a de facto vote for Labour anyhow as he'll side with them in Parliament more often than not.

I don't see the relevance of his wife's social media, I'd hate people to judge me on my partner's!
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:53 - Mar 1 with 2448 viewsbrazil1982

He campaigned "for Gaza" - a large number of pro-Palestine voters in Rochdale, and he targeted that vote, and met with various groups and leading figures. He doesn't care or know anything about the town.

How do I know this? I used to live in that constituency and have friends there. An independent would have been the best for the town, they came second.
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 13:00 - Mar 1 with 2419 viewsBlueschev

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 12:53 - Mar 1 by brazil1982

He campaigned "for Gaza" - a large number of pro-Palestine voters in Rochdale, and he targeted that vote, and met with various groups and leading figures. He doesn't care or know anything about the town.

How do I know this? I used to live in that constituency and have friends there. An independent would have been the best for the town, they came second.

I don't like how people with zero connection to a place can be parachuted in to represent the area, like the vile Tom Hunt. I'm not really sure what could be done about it, however.
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 13:11 - Mar 1 with 2327 viewsMattinLondon

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 13:00 - Mar 1 by Blueschev

I don't like how people with zero connection to a place can be parachuted in to represent the area, like the vile Tom Hunt. I'm not really sure what could be done about it, however.

I’m not sure it really matters where a MP comes from. Most importantly is that a MP shows empathy and understanding to the needs of the community.
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 13:20 - Mar 1 with 2269 viewsPinewoodblue

Come the General Election how many £500 deposits does Galloway need to ‘invest’ to get a place on televised debates?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 13:31 - Mar 1 with 2228 viewsBlueBadger

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 11:43 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

You appear to have spelt 'crooked and vindictive rapist excusing anti-semitic fraud' wrongly there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 13:35 - Mar 1 with 2210 viewsBloomBlue

Possibly the fact he doesn't believe Israel should even be a state and Jewish people shouldn't have a home. Plus he's a climate change denier.
Maybe those resonated with the Rochdale electroate.
Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 13:41 - Mar 1 with 2191 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

"This is for Gaza", said Galloway.

When, if he were honest, he'd have said, "This is for George".

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Bet a few on here are loving George Galloway's return as an MP ... on 13:44 - Mar 1 with 2179 viewsClapham_Junction

Unfortunately this is the kind of projection that some (particularly centrist Labour voters/members) like to make about people further to the left - that somehow they would rather the Tories (or someone equally awful) win than Labour. While there might be a tiny number of loudmouths on Twitter saying such nonsense, I'm pretty sure the vast, vast majority of people on the left would prefer Labour to win than the Tories, even if they think the current Labour Party is hugely uninspiring and could be vastly improved with a change of leadership.

While I won't be voting Labour (I am in a safe seat that would only be lost to someone further left), them winning the next GE is the only realistic hope. I just hope they introduce PR for the one after next so people are able to meaningfully vote more with their conscience.

(I think it has become a common issue in recent years that people think Twitter is real life and make judgements about others based on their perception of how people in the same place on the political spectrum behave on Twitter. That and certain celebrities going down Twitter rabbitholes).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024