Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? 09:19 - Mar 5 with 2552 viewsSomethingBlue

Can't have any stony-faced sitting on hands waiting for us to win this one – the opposition are too good and the stakes way too high. Going into the final 10 games with our noses still in front, and the chance to achieve something truly generational, would be absolutely huge. It'll be a tough one tonight: Bristol City's games are almost always tight and decided by a one-goal margin; they know how to trouble good teams and I think their manager will fancy a crack at this fixture too. Was very impressed with them away at West Ham a few weeks back. It'd be nice to have one of Burns and Broadhead on the bench to mix things up a bit if we need because I don't think we're about to have anything handed to us. Time to crank up the volume and roar us towards something special – we'll regret it if we don't.
[Post edited 5 Mar 9:19]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:23 - Mar 5 with 2283 viewsblueislander

Good to see someone stepping up now that Unstable Blue seems to have retired.
Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:34 - Mar 5 with 2219 viewsBiGDonnie

I can see us making a real statement tonight, with Hull vibes.

3-0 and a third successive clean sheet.

Second clean sheet!
[Post edited 5 Mar 9:46]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:41 - Mar 5 with 2157 viewsITFC_Forever

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:34 - Mar 5 by BiGDonnie

I can see us making a real statement tonight, with Hull vibes.

3-0 and a third successive clean sheet.

Second clean sheet!
[Post edited 5 Mar 9:46]

We won't get a third successive clean sheet tonight, what with our last results being 2-0 and 3-1.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:42 - Mar 5 with 2149 viewsBiGDonnie

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:41 - Mar 5 by ITFC_Forever

We won't get a third successive clean sheet tonight, what with our last results being 2-0 and 3-1.

Ah ffs

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:43 - Mar 5 with 2144 viewsSitfcB

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:23 - Mar 5 by blueislander

Good to see someone stepping up now that Unstable Blue seems to have retired.

Need him back at times like this.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:49 - Mar 5 with 2099 viewsRadlett_blue

If it's a sticky game against obdurate opposition, it's important that the crowd don't start groaning at every misplaced pass if things don't go our way. But that's hard to control as the stress of this amazing season rises.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:53 - Mar 5 with 2081 viewsDanTheMan

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:49 - Mar 5 by Radlett_blue

If it's a sticky game against obdurate opposition, it's important that the crowd don't start groaning at every misplaced pass if things don't go our way. But that's hard to control as the stress of this amazing season rises.

Obdurate is word of the day for me!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 10:07 - Mar 5 with 2015 viewsbluelagos

Yep, team will benefit from a proper good atmosphere tonight.

Come on the towen

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 10:18 - Mar 5 with 1972 viewsjoepublic

Some loud and sustained renditions of Blue Army like Barnsley away would be good. Get those goosebumps up 💙

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 10:24 - Mar 5 with 1925 viewstextbackup

I think we draw tonight… hope I’m wrong though

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 10:48 - Mar 5 with 1856 viewsBigalhunter

They also looked very good when they beat Southampton 3-1.
One of a bunch of about x8 sides outside the top 4 who look excellent on their day, but can’t string any consistency together.
No result would surprise me tonight, it will largely depend on which version of Bristol City turn up.
I fancy it will be another rollercoaster that’s hanging in the balance after 85 mins. Been so many of them this season, not sure I can survive many more.
Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 11:00 - Mar 5 with 1769 viewsportmanroadblue

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 10:48 - Mar 5 by Bigalhunter

One of a bunch of about x8 sides outside the top 4 who look excellent on their day, but can’t string any consistency together.
No result would surprise me tonight, it will largely depend on which version of Bristol City turn up.
I fancy it will be another rollercoaster that’s hanging in the balance after 85 mins. Been so many of them this season, not sure I can survive many more.

Think it will be more like which Town turns up, the one against Rotherham or the one that turned up against Hull/Brum recently.
Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 11:19 - Mar 5 with 1698 viewsvilanovablue

The bookies have Bristol as much as 5-1 to win...
Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 12:05 - Mar 5 with 1559 viewsBlueBadger

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 10:48 - Mar 5 by Bigalhunter

Plus, you know, that whole weird Ashton thing they have going on.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 12:15 - Mar 5 with 1522 viewsBseaBlue

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 10:18 - Mar 5 by joepublic

Some loud and sustained renditions of Blue Army like Barnsley away would be good. Get those goosebumps up 💙

'2-1 to the runners up' seemed to last for ages on Saturday and I always think that makes a difference.

As you say, hopefully some long-drawn out Blue Army chants will be on the menu.
Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 12:51 - Mar 5 with 1412 viewsBramidan

It’s on Sky, a doubled edged sword. I get to watch the game but Sky seems to jinx us.
Let’s hope the proper town turns up.
At least we know the pitch will suit us.
Hutch to torment them, Moore to provide a “presence “
Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 12:51 - Mar 5 with 1404 viewsyesjohn99

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 10:24 - Mar 5 by textbackup

Why do you have to be like this?
Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 13:26 - Mar 5 with 1324 viewsN2_Blue

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:43 - Mar 5 by SitfcB

Is he ok, does anyone know him / heard from him?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 13:27 - Mar 5 with 1322 viewsIllinoisblue

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:43 - Mar 5 by SitfcB

What happened to him? Banhammer? Or just taking a rest?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 13:36 - Mar 5 with 1286 viewsblueislander

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 13:27 - Mar 5 by Illinoisblue

He certainly didn’t post anything worthy of a ban. He stated that he was around 50 years old, but a lot of his posts could have come from a pre-pubescent.
Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 13:47 - Mar 5 with 1229 viewsTheBoyBlue

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 09:49 - Mar 5 by Radlett_blue

You're absolutely right and great use of the word 'obdurate'!

However, I sometimes think too much is read into the groans that go into misplaced passes. It is a natural reaction of disappointment, not necessarily disapproval. I expect even the players do it at the time, but of course it sounds worse when nearly 30,000 do it at the same time.

Still, hopefully there won't be too many misplaced passes, but like you I hope whatever happens the crowd are supportive.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 14:00 - Mar 5 with 1186 viewslizzibee

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 10:24 - Mar 5 by textbackup

Really? They look out of sorts and not happy times with Liam Manning. Im confident for a good win - the boys are solid and professional and they know what to do. We have a good record at home midweek too
I've heard from him.... on 14:15 - Mar 5 with 1148 viewsBloots

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 13:27 - Mar 5 by Illinoisblue

....he's fine, just said he's busy with work and will return when he's got more time to tell us all to make some noise.

I miss him.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I've heard from him.... on 14:22 - Mar 5 with 1113 viewsIllinoisblue

I've heard from him.... on 14:15 - Mar 5 by Bloots

....he's fine, just said he's busy with work and will return when he's got more time to tell us all to make some noise.

I miss him.

Miss him too. His manic optimism and cheery outlook was a good counter to my doomy cynicisms. Come back, UB! Maybe he’s saving himself for one last hurrah at end of season

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 14:30 - Mar 5 with 1063 viewsiamatractorboy

Needs one of the big PR midweek atmospheres tonight doesn't it? on 12:51 - Mar 5 by Bramidan

It’s on Sky, a doubled edged sword. I get to watch the game but Sky seems to jinx us.
Let’s hope the proper town turns up.
At least we know the pitch will suit us.
Hutch to torment them, Moore to provide a “presence “

Just from memory I have totted up our results this season when we've been on Sky (the less said about the Beeb, the better...).

I make it 3 wins from 3 on the red button, but it's not so good when on the main channel, but that is mostly down to Sky picking a lot of our tougher games. We've won 4, drawn 5 and lost 2.

So overall 26 points from 14 games. Not too shabby considering it covers 2 games vs Leicester, and away at Leeds and WBA!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024