Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok. How many more points from 10? 07:37 - Mar 6 with 5342 viewsBuffaloBill

5 wins 5 draws?

98 points

Shirley?

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 07:39 - Mar 6 with 3670 viewsDanTheMan

I keep thinking we need 100. It's just too tight between 3 of us, maybe 4 depending on how Southampton do tonight.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 07:43 - Mar 6 with 3622 viewsDarkBrandon

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 07:39 - Mar 6 by DanTheMan

I keep thinking we need 100. It's just too tight between 3 of us, maybe 4 depending on how Southampton do tonight.

If Leeds win 7, draw 2 and lose one of their 10, they’ll be on 99 and we will need 100.

You could well be right.
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 08:14 - Mar 6 with 3517 viewsiamatractorboy

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 08:35 - Mar 6 with 3455 viewsRichardWright

I've got us finishing on 98 points (if my maths is correct) and honestly, I don't know if it will be enough which is madness.
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 08:36 - Mar 6 with 3451 viewsHerbivore

One. Game. At. A. Time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 08:37 - Mar 6 with 3442 viewsITFC_Forever

100 may well not be enough at this rate.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 09:20 - Mar 6 with 3326 viewsTonytown

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 08:37 - Mar 6 by ITFC_Forever

Cardiff on Saturday is huge as it is another quick turnaround and a long away trip too.

Win that and we have a full week to prepare for Wednesday who will be really tough to play as well.

Then there’s an international break to get the squad rested and ready for the run in.

I think 100 points will be needed to go up automatically which is mental
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 09:46 - Mar 6 with 3229 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I think 100 plus is needed. I really think we need Leics to bottle it.

It's insane that 100 points might not see you up but I guess Weds we're saying that last year. I think we could need maybe 103 to do it.

Unbelievable Geoff

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 09:50 - Mar 6 with 3191 viewsMatt_Netherlands

7 wins and 3 defeats gets us to 99…

Wins: Sheff Weds, Watford, Boro, Blackburn, Hull, Huddersfield, Cardiff

Defeats: Southampton, Norwich, Cov

Not impossible….
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:06 - Mar 6 with 3107 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 09:50 - Mar 6 by Matt_Netherlands

7 wins and 3 defeats gets us to 99…

Wins: Sheff Weds, Watford, Boro, Blackburn, Hull, Huddersfield, Cardiff

Defeats: Southampton, Norwich, Cov

Not impossible….

Matt, please wash your mouth out with soap...

We are not losing to that lot up the road.

That is all
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:17 - Mar 6 with 3054 viewspatrickswell

All I know is that if we replicate our run from the end of last season, bank on Norwich playing the Cheltenham Town role.
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:18 - Mar 6 with 3044 viewsEuropablue

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 07:43 - Mar 6 by DarkBrandon

If Leeds win 7, draw 2 and lose one of their 10, they’ll be on 99 and we will need 100.

You could well be right.

I really believe that the only effect Southampton will have on the automatics race is the potential damage they can do to us, Leicester, and Leeds. In fact the results against Southampton could decide the automatic positions.
Assuming Southampton win their tricky game in hand tonight they will be:
8 points behind Leicester, but with goal difference effectively 9;
5 points behind us; and
3 points behind Leeds, but with goal difference effectively 4.

9 points is lot to catch up in 10 matches and Southampton have the worst run in of fixtures. 5 points behind us means they can't even really afford to even draw against us.
4 points to catch up on Leeds is really a tough ask with the form that Leeds are in.

It would be difficult, but not impossible to overtake 2 of those 3 teams. If Southampton do it, then they absolutely deserve to be promoted.

If the league is decided on sheer strength of will, we will most certainly win it. Leicester does not seem to be a happy camp. Imagine topping the league the whole season and not backing your team 100%.
Based on the quality of the squads, the fixtures, form, and mental fortitude, I would say that it is too close to call between Leicester, Ipswich, and Leeds. They could finish in any order, one could even finish fourth. If all the points totals and goal differences were equal, I'd predict it finishing Leeds, Ipswich, then Leicester.
Anyway, it will be exciting and nerve-wracking to see how it ends up!
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:22 - Mar 6 with 3012 viewsHerbivore

I'd be very surprised if it takes more than 100 points to finish second. Leeds only scraped past a poor Stoke side last night and could easily have conceded an equaliser second half. On paper that was one of their easiest (if not easiest) remaining fixtures. They and Leicester will drop points, we probably will too but we just need to keep focusing on each game and aiming to win it and fingers crossed we win more than the others.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:25 - Mar 6 with 2981 viewsDanTheMan

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:22 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

I'd be very surprised if it takes more than 100 points to finish second. Leeds only scraped past a poor Stoke side last night and could easily have conceded an equaliser second half. On paper that was one of their easiest (if not easiest) remaining fixtures. They and Leicester will drop points, we probably will too but we just need to keep focusing on each game and aiming to win it and fingers crossed we win more than the others.

Interesting run in. Leeds probably has it the easiest but Leicester has some horrid games in there.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:27 - Mar 6 with 2972 viewstextbackup

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 08:36 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

One. Game. At. A. Time.

But. But. But. If we do that sensible option then what else do I do when I look at the fixtures and table 10 times a day?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:31 - Mar 6 with 2949 viewstextbackup

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:17 - Mar 6 by patrickswell

All I know is that if we replicate our run from the end of last season, bank on Norwich playing the Cheltenham Town role.

Remember the season they done the back to back promotion…

We were in playoff hunt…

Played them in April at PR…

They dicked us 5-1

The ultimate repay job is on the cards

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:32 - Mar 6 with 2936 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:06 - Mar 6 by Bad_Boy_Mark

Matt, please wash your mouth out with soap...

We are not losing to that lot up the road.

That is all

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:33 - Mar 6 with 2936 viewsCaptainAhab

You may well be right.
If we get 100 points and finish 3rd I think the EFL should cancel the play offs and say fair play lads, you've done enough, up you go.
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:40 - Mar 6 with 2898 viewsDaninthecampo

I think we'll get 23 points, 101 points or 5 points short of the all-time record should hopefully be enough
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 11:10 - Mar 6 with 2814 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:33 - Mar 6 by CaptainAhab

You may well be right.
If we get 100 points and finish 3rd I think the EFL should cancel the play offs and say fair play lads, you've done enough, up you go.

I think the Italian system in Serie B rewards a high points difference between 3rd and the rest by automatically promoting them. And I think if there is a significant gap between 4th and the rest, it becomes a shoot out between the teams in 3rd and 4th.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 11:15 - Mar 6 with 2780 viewsDarkBrandon

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:25 - Mar 6 by DanTheMan

Interesting run in. Leeds probably has it the easiest but Leicester has some horrid games in there.

Looking at that I’m of the view we are more likely to finish above Leicester than we are Leeds.
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 11:31 - Mar 6 with 2730 viewstonybied

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 11:15 - Mar 6 by DarkBrandon

Looking at that I’m of the view we are more likely to finish above Leicester than we are Leeds.

I dunno, their next game is against a resurgent Wednesday team and even Millwall have had an upturn in form recently after a terrible run. Most accounts from their game last night are that they looked rather jaded and were lucky to come away with the win, they also have a short turnaround as the Wednesday game is played on Friday, not ideal if your team is playing like they're dead on their feet.
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 11:45 - Mar 6 with 2673 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 11:31 - Mar 6 by tonybied

I dunno, their next game is against a resurgent Wednesday team and even Millwall have had an upturn in form recently after a terrible run. Most accounts from their game last night are that they looked rather jaded and were lucky to come away with the win, they also have a short turnaround as the Wednesday game is played on Friday, not ideal if your team is playing like they're dead on their feet.

I've a sneaky feeling Sheff W will get something from Leeds. Let's face it, a draw is defeat territory in a race like this. I'd have been crushed if it stayed 2 all last night.

Yorkshire derby. Sheff starting to turn things round. They also have the likely incentive of (at least for 24 hours) being out of the bottom three with a win.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 11:50 - Mar 6 with 2649 viewsStewart27

I never really understand this.

It won’t be enough if Leeds and Leicester better it.

But 3 wins and 7 losses would be enough if Leeds and Southampton don’t do as well.
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 11:52 - Mar 6 with 2628 viewssurreyblue

I set up a performance tracker at the start of the season with approximate ppg from different "categories" of teams. Initially calibrated to 65 points and categories based on finishing positions last year, and then recalibrated in December to target 90 points with categories based on how the table was shaping up.

Based on that we are on schedule for 95 points, with 6 points from the next three games, followed by 8 points from the 6 games in April (and 3 vs Huddersfield on the final day).

It would be unfathomable for that to not be enough for autos. But I don't think that would be enough for autos.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024