Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok. How many more points from 10? 07:37 - Mar 6 with 5557 viewsBuffaloBill

5 wins 5 draws?

98 points

Shirley?

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:01 - Mar 6 with 1769 viewsDarkBrandon

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 11:50 - Mar 6 by Stewart27

I never really understand this.

It won’t be enough if Leeds and Leicester better it.

But 3 wins and 7 losses would be enough if Leeds and Southampton don’t do as well.

Which bit of this are you struggling with?
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:04 - Mar 6 with 1760 viewsKievthegreat

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:25 - Mar 6 by DanTheMan

Interesting run in. Leeds probably has it the easiest but Leicester has some horrid games in there.

Based on league position? Probably. However QPR and Wednesday are not on terrible form and are fighting for their lives. Millwall look like they are rejuvenated under Harris. Meanwhile they still face Hull and Cov who are fighting hard for play-offs. The ideal would be teams in middle table with little to play for, but there's not many of those at the moment.

The thing that I think will be annoying is Southampton. Unless it's rearranged to next week on very short notice, they won't actually be playing Leicester until mid April. Meaning that we will play them first now. We could face them when they are in desperation last chance saloon mode. I think we can still get something in that scenario, but if we do get the win, we could end up making the rest of their games (crucially against Leeds and Leicester) dead rubbers.
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:19 - Mar 6 with 1727 viewstonybied

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:04 - Mar 6 by Kievthegreat

Based on league position? Probably. However QPR and Wednesday are not on terrible form and are fighting for their lives. Millwall look like they are rejuvenated under Harris. Meanwhile they still face Hull and Cov who are fighting hard for play-offs. The ideal would be teams in middle table with little to play for, but there's not many of those at the moment.

The thing that I think will be annoying is Southampton. Unless it's rearranged to next week on very short notice, they won't actually be playing Leicester until mid April. Meaning that we will play them first now. We could face them when they are in desperation last chance saloon mode. I think we can still get something in that scenario, but if we do get the win, we could end up making the rest of their games (crucially against Leeds and Leicester) dead rubbers.

"I think we can still get something in that scenario, but if we do get the win, we could end up making the rest of their games (crucially against Leeds and Leicester) dead rubbers." - A release of the pressure of fighting for those spot won't necessarily be a bad thing. Maybe the pressure is getting too much for them, which would work in our favour as they might be bricking our game but if we beat them they could just start playing without the monkey on their back, enjoying their football again after.

The end of season is a funny time, "already being on the beach" is not often really a thing unless a team has run away with the league and their games truly mean nothing. Besides, a couple of bad results for Southampton could see West Brom back on their coat tails so their games still wouldn't be dead rubbers.
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:21 - Mar 6 with 1722 viewsHerbivore

Interesting run in. Leeds probably has it the easiest but Leicester has some horrid games in there.

See, I look at Leeds' run in and only see maybe two or three games I think they are dead certs to win. Some tricky away games in there and Hull at home is a tough one for them, as is the Saints game, and even Millwall with their recent upturn and victory at St Mary's.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:27 - Mar 6 with 1708 viewsDanTheMan

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:04 - Mar 6 by Kievthegreat

Not so much on position, some of them you could swap. As you say, QPR and Wednesday are in decent form but then you swap those for Sunderland, Middlesborough and Blackburn who are all in pretty bad form.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:29 - Mar 6 with 1684 viewsDanTheMan

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:21 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

See, I look at Leeds' run in and only see maybe two or three games I think they are dead certs to win. Some tricky away games in there and Hull at home is a tough one for them, as is the Saints game, and even Millwall with their recent upturn and victory at St Mary's.

Certainly no easy games, I just think on balance they've got an easier run in than us.

Be even sweeter if we pull it off!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:46 - Mar 6 with 1653 views_clive_baker_

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:21 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

Coventry are dangerous, both us and Leeds go there. Hull is another sticky one, we both play them. Leeds go to Watford on a Friday night in a few weeks which feels a horrible one to me, they're painfully inconsistent but could be playing without much pressure and are very capable on their day, as they showed us before Christmas in a game they certainly could've won. Sheffield Wednesday this Friday won't be easy either. Boro away you don't quite know what you'll get. QPR away, they're in decent form and could be fighting to stay up. Southampton final day is tough. AS you say plenty of tough games in there for them.

As you alluded to earlier in the thread, we all have difficult games and every one of those 4 clubs will likely drop some points.

Personally I think the current run rate for the 2nd placed team (currently us) is a pretty decent proxy to extrapolate forward. It gets to 99 points which I think is probably about right as a requirement to finish 2nd this season. I'd be surprised if it was more than a couple of points lower than that, and very surprised if 100 didn't do it.

OGAAT though innit. Tricky trip to Cardiff on Saturday.
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:55 - Mar 6 with 1632 viewsEuropablue

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:46 - Mar 6 by _clive_baker_

Coventry are dangerous, both us and Leeds go there. Hull is another sticky one, we both play them. Leeds go to Watford on a Friday night in a few weeks which feels a horrible one to me, they're painfully inconsistent but could be playing without much pressure and are very capable on their day, as they showed us before Christmas in a game they certainly could've won. Sheffield Wednesday this Friday won't be easy either. Boro away you don't quite know what you'll get. QPR away, they're in decent form and could be fighting to stay up. Southampton final day is tough. AS you say plenty of tough games in there for them.

As you alluded to earlier in the thread, we all have difficult games and every one of those 4 clubs will likely drop some points.

Personally I think the current run rate for the 2nd placed team (currently us) is a pretty decent proxy to extrapolate forward. It gets to 99 points which I think is probably about right as a requirement to finish 2nd this season. I'd be surprised if it was more than a couple of points lower than that, and very surprised if 100 didn't do it.

OGAAT though innit. Tricky trip to Cardiff on Saturday.

We need one more point to secure second than Leeds and Leicester do.
There are so many variables. I could see us and Leeds winning every match and I could also see a couple of losses a few draws for each of us.

The bottom line is, let's just concentrate on getting the 3 points on Saturday!
Login to get fewer ads

Ok. How many more points from 10?............................ on 14:07 - Mar 6 with 1590 viewsVegtablue

Reverse fixtures:
Leicester = 108 (9:0:1)
Ipswich = 104 (8:2:0)
Leeds = 94 (5:3:2)
Southampton = 85 (4:3:4)

Leeds' two losses came away from home.

Whole season:
Leicester = 104 (2.25 PPG)
Ipswich = 100 (2.17 PPG)
Leeds = 97 (2.11 PPG)
Southampton= 92 (2 PPG)

Second half:
Leeds = 100 (2.38 PPG)
Leicester = 99 (1.77 PPG)
Ipswich = 98 (2 PPG)
Southampton = 93 (2.08 PPG)

Round two matches only, gameweek 24 onwards.

Last 10:
Leeds = 104 (2.8 PPG)
Ipswich = 101 (2.3 PPG)
Leicester = 97 (1.6 PPG)
Southampton = 89 (1.9 PPG)

Spicy!
[Post edited 6 Mar 14:16]
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 17:56 - Mar 6 with 1476 viewsBlueBadger

3O POINTS 30 GOALS

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 18:57 - Mar 6 with 1422 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:18 - Mar 6 by Europablue

I really believe that the only effect Southampton will have on the automatics race is the potential damage they can do to us, Leicester, and Leeds. In fact the results against Southampton could decide the automatic positions.
Assuming Southampton win their tricky game in hand tonight they will be:
8 points behind Leicester, but with goal difference effectively 9;
5 points behind us; and
3 points behind Leeds, but with goal difference effectively 4.

9 points is lot to catch up in 10 matches and Southampton have the worst run in of fixtures. 5 points behind us means they can't even really afford to even draw against us.
4 points to catch up on Leeds is really a tough ask with the form that Leeds are in.

It would be difficult, but not impossible to overtake 2 of those 3 teams. If Southampton do it, then they absolutely deserve to be promoted.

If the league is decided on sheer strength of will, we will most certainly win it. Leicester does not seem to be a happy camp. Imagine topping the league the whole season and not backing your team 100%.
Based on the quality of the squads, the fixtures, form, and mental fortitude, I would say that it is too close to call between Leicester, Ipswich, and Leeds. They could finish in any order, one could even finish fourth. If all the points totals and goal differences were equal, I'd predict it finishing Leeds, Ipswich, then Leicester.
Anyway, it will be exciting and nerve-wracking to see how it ends up!

Southampton have gone up in flames
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 20:09 - Mar 6 with 1380 viewsPortmanSi

Leicester City - 105
Leeds United - 100
Ipswich Town - 97
Southampton - 94

Town to get 6 wins, 1 draw and 3 defeats from final 10.

Really hope I’m wrong! I’ve never got a league prediction right in my life.
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 20:53 - Mar 6 with 1361 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 20:09 - Mar 6 by PortmanSi

Leicester City - 105
Leeds United - 100
Ipswich Town - 97
Southampton - 94

Town to get 6 wins, 1 draw and 3 defeats from final 10.

Really hope I’m wrong! I’ve never got a league prediction right in my life.

I doubt you’re going to change your habit of a lifetime! I can’t see us losing nearly a third of our remaining games after only losing 4 all season, and 3 of those to Leeds and WBA who we don’t need to face again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 22:36 - Mar 6 with 1319 viewsKropotkin123

Objectively speaking, this sees us get one less point than our current pgg to date. If teams around us maintain their current PPG across their remaining games the table would be

Leicester 104
Ipswich 98 (PPG suggests 99)
Leeds 97
Southampton 92

98 seemingly does it, but it is tight, and I'm not brave enough to call it this far out

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 09:03 - Mar 7 with 1197 viewsStewart27

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:01 - Mar 6 by DarkBrandon

Which bit of this are you struggling with?

The part that 5 wins and 5 draws won’t be enough if Leeds and Leicester achieve 6 wins and 4 draws respectively.

Not sure it’s really that difficult to understand.
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:12 - Mar 7 with 1136 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 09:03 - Mar 7 by Stewart27

The part that 5 wins and 5 draws won’t be enough if Leeds and Leicester achieve 6 wins and 4 draws respectively.

Not sure it’s really that difficult to understand.

Indeed. There is no magic figure. We just have to keep going regardless. Neither Leeds and Leicester are going to get to 100-101 points and miraculously stop winning because they've reached some arbitrary tally based on history and law of averages.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 11:39 - Mar 7 with 1046 viewsdirtyboy

Can't call it, won't call it.

I think we could win or lose any of those remaining games.

Norwich (a) - anything could happen regardless of form/ability, but Norwich are on a good run at the moment

Hull (a) - another team coming good at the right end of the season, although the small hope is that their home form isn't amazing

Cardiff (a) - completely unpredictable mid table team

Sheff Wed (h) - glad it's at home, but they've properly turned a corner

'Boro (h) - which 'boro team will turn up...another one which could end up either way

Coventry (a) - right up there now, scoring goals with relative ease too.

Any bankers ? Nope, you'd hope home form 'might' get us another 5 wins to take us to 93.

That's 5 away games to get something from, all against teams vying for that last one or two play off positions / not wanting to get into a relegation issue (Blackburn, Huddersfield) - only Boro and Watford fall outside of that....then there's the whole, playing with no pressure, changing teams up ready for next season F1 style lol.

Already posted

One
Game
At
A
Time
Ok. How many more points from 10? on 11:47 - Mar 7 with 1033 viewsPilgrimblue

Agreed, playing promotion hopefuls is tough.
Nah on 11:52 - Mar 7 with 1026 viewsDyland

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 08:37 - Mar 6 by ITFC_Forever

100 may well not be enough at this rate.

I think Leicester, Saints and Leeds are going to bottle it and totally implode. WBA to finish second after winning all ten remaining games. Town top with 108, obvs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

True, but balance that against our April on 11:54 - Mar 7 with 1023 viewsDyland

As someone else posted re parallels with last season, maybe those away games will mirror the crazy good games at Bolton, Derby and Barnsley :)

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:08 - Mar 7 with 994 viewsDyland

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 10:31 - Mar 6 by textbackup

Remember the season they done the back to back promotion…

We were in playoff hunt…

Played them in April at PR…

They dicked us 5-1

The ultimate repay job is on the cards

Were we in the playoff hunt that season? Jewell wasn't it. A shockingly painful Thursday night performance before Good Friday. It still smarts tbh. Bullard got our solitary, irrelevant goal if I remember correctly and it's one of the only times I haven't bothered cheering.

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:18 - Mar 7 with 980 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:08 - Mar 7 by Dyland

Were we in the playoff hunt that season? Jewell wasn't it. A shockingly painful Thursday night performance before Good Friday. It still smarts tbh. Bullard got our solitary, irrelevant goal if I remember correctly and it's one of the only times I haven't bothered cheering.

We finished 13th. 13 points off 6th. Given that Norwich game was our penultimate home game that season, I suspect we weren't particularly close.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ta on 12:21 - Mar 7 with 971 viewsDyland

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:18 - Mar 7 by gainsboroughblue

We finished 13th. 13 points off 6th. Given that Norwich game was our penultimate home game that season, I suspect we weren't particularly close.

I didn't think we were close to achieving anything under Jewell except buying Cresswell, and stockpiling unprofessional wasters :)

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 12:39 - Mar 7 with 945 viewsSandman180

Ok. How many more points from 10? on 11:39 - Mar 7 by dirtyboy

Can't call it, won't call it.

I think we could win or lose any of those remaining games.

Norwich (a) - anything could happen regardless of form/ability, but Norwich are on a good run at the moment

Hull (a) - another team coming good at the right end of the season, although the small hope is that their home form isn't amazing

Cardiff (a) - completely unpredictable mid table team

Sheff Wed (h) - glad it's at home, but they've properly turned a corner

'Boro (h) - which 'boro team will turn up...another one which could end up either way

Coventry (a) - right up there now, scoring goals with relative ease too.

Any bankers ? Nope, you'd hope home form 'might' get us another 5 wins to take us to 93.

That's 5 away games to get something from, all against teams vying for that last one or two play off positions / not wanting to get into a relegation issue (Blackburn, Huddersfield) - only Boro and Watford fall outside of that....then there's the whole, playing with no pressure, changing teams up ready for next season F1 style lol.

Already posted

One
Game
At
A
Time

Leicester 101
Ipswich 99
Leeds 95
Southampton 93

From a quick review of all remaining fixtures; a tad optimistic perhaps, bound to be a few surprises along the way , but that points tally has us winning 6, drawing 3, and losing 1:

Cardiff (A) upturn in form but against weak opposition, and played poor yesterday, Huddersfield on top for the majority of the second half - a game to be won, and it needs to be won, or at least not lost - 3

Sheff Wed (H) again, another side on the up, fighting relegation, and i expect them to take a point from the Leeds game on Friday, the place will be rocking; that aside, every home game now, bar Southampton, needs to be a winning one, and the gulf between the two sides will show I hope - 3

Blackburn (A) very unpredictable, I'd take a point here, but again I don't think they're blessed with quality in the same irk as Sheff Wed - there's trickier away games left in the fixtures list, so this is one i was on the fence with, before ultimately opting for a win - 3

Southampton (H) - no need to go into how massive this game is - a point will be a solid effort, Southampton don't gain anything on us points wise, and I think the quality they have will make them hard to break down - 1

Norwich (A) - dreading this one, it's 90 minutes of pure hell for both supporters; Norwich massively improved in the last 10 games or so, going to be a cauldron there - need to remain resolute - would shake your hand now if a point was offered - 1

Watford (H) - won't go down, won't trouble the playoffs; been awful of late and I doubt their manager will be in the hot seat by the time this game comes around - simply put, 3 points is a necessity - 3

Middlesbrough (H) - another side from which you don't know what to expect, very inconsistent but capable of beating anyone on their day; given it'll be a 29K sell out, as we're fully in the chasing promotion zone, I fancy us to get over the line - 3

Coventry (A) - can only see us picking up one point from this game and the Hull match; take your pick from which one - 1

Hull (A) - can be inconsistent at home, pitch is in disarray, but their forward line is up there with the best in the league; will be a struggle - 0

Huddersfield (H) - last day of the season, promotion beckons; hoping Hudds will be safe at this point, but it looks hellish down there at present for 7 or so sides; the big 3 to take us back to the promised land - 3

Come on the tonw!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024