Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as 13:18 - Mar 6 with 3463 viewsBuhrer

the weekend away in Wales for her mum's birthday. She text me saying "couldn't you watch it on sky"?!!! which baffled and amused me as me and the boy (and the girl) would be there, and obviously I'm now desperately needing automatic to save my marriage. Advice appreciated.
[Post edited 6 Mar 13:19]
The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 13:19 - Mar 6 with 2896 viewsIllinoisblue

Just start divorce proceedings now. Get the ball rolling.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 13:27 - Mar 6 with 2825 viewsDJR

Switch the weekend away to London.
The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 13:29 - Mar 6 with 2802 viewsbelgablue

Last time I checked we were getting promoted automatically so I think your marriage is saved.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 13:34 - Mar 6 with 2767 viewsITFC_Forever

We're in Cornwall that weekend, we go that week every year.

But I've always put the caveat in that should we ever get to a PO Final that weekend, I would pop up to London for the day.

More worringly, I've got a funeral down there to go (which I won't miss) provisionally set for Friday 5th April - the day before the Norwich game. If the Norwich game moves to the Friday night (unlikely), I won't be able to go. If it moves to the Saturday lunchtime (fairly likely), I have a big logistical puzzle to solve.
[Post edited 6 Mar 14:13]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 13:35 - Mar 6 with 2761 viewsNthQldITFC

Couldn't the mother-in-law move to Ealing, Harrow or Uxbridge depending upon funds available at short notice? There are some fairly well-sheltered railway arches in Ealing.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 14:00 - Mar 6 with 2615 viewsSitfcB

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 13:34 - Mar 6 by ITFC_Forever

We're in Cornwall that weekend, we go that week every year.

But I've always put the caveat in that should we ever get to a PO Final that weekend, I would pop up to London for the day.

More worringly, I've got a funeral down there to go (which I won't miss) provisionally set for Friday 5th April - the day before the Norwich game. If the Norwich game moves to the Friday night (unlikely), I won't be able to go. If it moves to the Saturday lunchtime (fairly likely), I have a big logistical puzzle to solve.
[Post edited 6 Mar 14:13]

The Norwich game is the Saturday with a 12:30 KO.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 14:11 - Mar 6 with 2569 viewsbazza

Sleep With the mother in law.. wife wont care what you do then.
The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 14:11 - Mar 6 with 2569 viewsBuhrer

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 13:29 - Mar 6 by belgablue

Last time I checked we were getting promoted automatically so I think your marriage is saved.

I've reassured her that we're going up with Leeds, but with just the small caveat that if we did happen to get to a PO Final; I'm going, and I'm taking custody of the children that day for their own well being and best interests.... perhaps a divorce would be easier...
Login to get fewer ads

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 15:49 - Mar 6 with 2369 viewsblueasfook

Won't be an issue. Don't worry. Though it might be amusing to watch Leeds beat Norwich

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 16:28 - Mar 6 with 2272 viewsITFC_Forever

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 14:00 - Mar 6 by SitfcB

FFS.

I knew that was probably the most likely time and date, but didn't know it was confirmed.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 16:40 - Mar 6 with 2227 viewsBuhrer

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 14:00 - Mar 6 by SitfcB

I will watch that one on sky no bother, but more pressing is total radio silence from the wife after i told her I wasn't going to miss the game. She's home after 9.
The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 16:46 - Mar 6 with 2192 viewsMerthyrblue

My partner booked a Mediterranean cruise that week and I agreed to the dates. Where was my brain?
The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 17:12 - Mar 6 with 2120 viewsitfcolly

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 16:46 - Mar 6 by Merthyrblue

My partner booked a Mediterranean cruise that week and I agreed to the dates. Where was my brain?

Where has 12.30 Sat been confirmed?
The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 17:16 - Mar 6 with 2106 viewsKeno

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 16:46 - Mar 6 by Merthyrblue

Hold on, I have a plan for you and Burher

You are in Merthyr?

tell you wife you can make the cruise as a lifelong friend needs to to go to his mother-in-laws do that weekend cos he is busy/ill/at deaths door I'm sure you can blag that

Your wife think you are doing a really nice thing as says 'oh my what a wonderful man you are" and lets you off the cruise (and probably treats in you the bedroom cos you are being such an amazing guy)

Hey presto no cruise, obviously you dont know Burhers mum** in law so you just go to the match

Burher tells his wife that a long life dearly loved friend is having 'issues at home' so much so his wife has gone on a cruise without him and he is worried that the friend is so depressed he could done something stupid

Mrs B realises what a nice man her husband is and tells him to go and help his friend

Her presto you are both at the match

** the only minor flaw here is is your wife know Buhrers mother in law
[Post edited 6 Mar 17:17]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 17:32 - Mar 6 with 2059 viewsfactual_blue

If you are so negative as to think we'll need to make it through the Play-Offs then you deserve to be faced with this sort of dilemma.

On a more helpful and sympathetic note, get the PO Final moved to the Millenium Stadium. Phil can let you have some numbers to ring.

Sorted.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 17:49 - Mar 6 with 1975 viewsfactual_blue

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 17:16 - Mar 6 by Keno

You are in Merthyr?

tell you wife you can make the cruise as a lifelong friend needs to to go to his mother-in-laws do that weekend cos he is busy/ill/at deaths door I'm sure you can blag that

Your wife think you are doing a really nice thing as says 'oh my what a wonderful man you are" and lets you off the cruise (and probably treats in you the bedroom cos you are being such an amazing guy)

Hey presto no cruise, obviously you dont know Burhers mum** in law so you just go to the match

Burher tells his wife that a long life dearly loved friend is having 'issues at home' so much so his wife has gone on a cruise without him and he is worried that the friend is so depressed he could done something stupid

Mrs B realises what a nice man her husband is and tells him to go and help his friend

What does he do when Mrs B gently reminds him he doesn't have any friends?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 17:51 - Mar 6 with 1964 viewsMerthyrblue

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 17:16 - Mar 6 by Keno

You are in Merthyr?

Thanks for this. I'll go with this plan - fool proof. Of course, we'll get automatic promotion anyway. I put a tenner on at 20-1 before the start of the season.
The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 17:53 - Mar 6 with 1950 viewsBuhrer

You are in Merthyr?

Thanks for this bonkers and incredibly cunning plan Kenners, I'll certainly have to apply some cunning linguistics if I'm going to keep her happy. I'm not sure I'm quite at the stage of creating suicidal friends just yet, probably just going to miss the weekend part and join them for a few days mon-weds, but I will keep this as plan B.
The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 17:56 - Mar 6 with 1939 viewsBuhrer

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 17:49 - Mar 6 by factual_blue

What does he do when Mrs B gently reminds him he doesn't have any friends?

Ahem... in fact I've made up all my imaginary friends so Daffyd my Welsh pal on his death bed that I've known for 30 years but never mentioned to my wife in the last 25 should be a doddle.
The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 18:03 - Mar 6 with 1894 viewsCoastalblue

Imagine the problems Leicester fans will have if they make the cup final, finals two days running, at least you don't have that worry.

I think you'll be safe anyway, playoffs are not for us this year.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 18:34 - Mar 6 with 1817 viewstextbackup

Who have you loved longer, Town, or her?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 22:22 - Mar 6 with 1625 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The best reply to that text is "OK, didn't realise the weekend away is being televised but that sounds good."

Alternatively, "obviously we will be there for the weekend away ... apart from the little trip to Wembley and back."

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 22:46 - Mar 6 with 1556 viewsKropotkin123

This is why prenuptial agreements exist!

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 23:13 - Mar 6 with 1509 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So are you a Southampton fan or a Leeds fan? You need to hope you get to the Play Off finals first.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 09:17 - Mar 7 with 1283 viewsMerthyrblue

The wife has just discovered the playoff final is the same day as on 17:56 - Mar 6 by Buhrer

Ahem... in fact I've made up all my imaginary friends so Daffyd my Welsh pal on his death bed that I've known for 30 years but never mentioned to my wife in the last 25 should be a doddle.

Well I do have a bit of a cough
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024