Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Personal season highlights 15:53 - Mar 11 with 1752 viewsLinners

As we're all a little down today, what about a personal season highlight thread? What have been your personal season highlights so far...?

I'll start (obviously):

- Chaplin's goal against Hull. A thing of such beauty that I almost had a little cry

- Finding out we'd beaten Sunderland in August literally 30 seconds before zip-wiring across a creek in Whistler.

- My wife shouting 'Ipswich are winning' when Morsy scored at Watford whilst I was in the toilet...
Personal season highlights on 15:56 - Mar 11 with 1728 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I know it was only two draws but both the Morsy and Sarmiento equalisers against Leicester really were two great moments for me.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Personal season highlights on 16:23 - Mar 11 with 1665 viewsexeterblue10

The build up play and then Wes's Trivela against Cov
Personal season highlights on 16:31 - Mar 11 with 1650 viewsBiGDonnie

The Morsy goal to win at Watford was a serious contender. Absolutely lost my sh*t.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Personal season highlights on 16:46 - Mar 11 with 1597 viewsHelp

More of a less than normal situation. Being a season ticket holder I am lucky to be there for home matches. But when we are away and I am not at home listening to BBC radio Suffolk. They are the things for me.

Like the last situation. Plymouth away my son and I are coming back from Lincoln. Could not get the first half on the radio as not in Suffolk range. However 2nd half we are. So as both the first and second goals are scored we are both screaming at each other in the car with joy.

Because you relying on Brenner's commentary only you have that slight delayed reaction. But it is moments like that that stick in the memory.
Personal season highlights on 16:50 - Mar 11 with 1569 viewsZx1988

Sitting in the executive lounge at VC Bird International Airport in Antigua watching the Watford match on a hooky stream, and startling even myself with the vociferousness of my response to Morsy's winner.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Personal season highlights on 16:56 - Mar 11 with 1551 viewsmattrolow

Maybe not a conventional choice but the 2-0 win at Boro. A notoriously tough place for us to go and a time where I started to believe we had a genuine chance of going all the way.

A second would probably be Bristol City last week when my wife text me from upstairs asking 'what the hell was that' after I had shrieked at the winner. Not sure it's a noise I could repeat if I tried.
Personal season highlights on 17:04 - Mar 11 with 1508 viewstextbackup

Can i revisit this post in a few weeks?

As I’m hoping to be able to post ‘my best moment has to be sat in a bar in Ubud watching us beat norwich’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Personal season highlights on 17:05 - Mar 11 with 1496 viewsReuser_is_God

Personal season highlights on 17:04 - Mar 11 by textbackup

Can i revisit this post in a few weeks?

As I’m hoping to be able to post ‘my best moment has to be sat in a bar in Ubud watching us beat norwich’

Swap Ubud for Peak District & you’ve got mine.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Personal season highlights on 17:13 - Mar 11 with 1476 viewsHighgateBlue

Personal season highlights on 15:56 - Mar 11 by JammyDodgerrr

I know it was only two draws but both the Morsy and Sarmiento equalisers against Leicester really were two great moments for me.

Let's hope that by the end of the season those results are not "only draws". It's not entirely impossible for us to catch Leicester, and if we do, those draws may be the difference between a ticket to the prem, and an ominous playoff semi double header against those yellows...
Personal season highlights on 17:27 - Mar 11 with 1436 viewstextbackup

Personal season highlights on 17:05 - Mar 11 by Reuser_is_God

Swap Ubud for Peak District & you’ve got mine.

Got a taker for your tiggert?!

I’m buying mine and taking it with me, if I can’t have it, nobody can

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Personal season highlights on 17:33 - Mar 11 with 1413 viewsnorfsufblue

Personal season highlights on 15:56 - Mar 11 by JammyDodgerrr

That "Magic" song/moment at Leicester takes some beating tbf!
Personal season highlights on 18:04 - Mar 11 with 1347 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

Going wild in the North Stand when we equalised at home to Leicester
Harness's equaliser at Birmingham
The win away at Sunderland in August; I went into the season expecting us to be top-half, but not necessarily competing with teams like Sunderland
Winning at Middlesbrough was good fun too
Personal season highlights on 19:01 - Mar 11 with 1260 viewsRe_User

Sarmiento’s equaliser against Leicester felt utterly huge, never known a feeling like it being there in person. Properly felt like an arrival, when we went from a plucky promoted side to a genuine contender
Personal season highlights on 19:05 - Mar 11 with 1256 viewsjasondozzell

Hull at home in October under the lights.

The best we've played over 90 mins this season. Football that took the breath away at times.
Personal season highlights on 19:20 - Mar 11 with 1219 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Personal season highlights on 19:05 - Mar 11 by jasondozzell

The best we've played over 90 mins this season. Football that took the breath away at times.

Oh for some more comfortable wins like that.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Personal season highlights on 19:31 - Mar 11 with 1203 viewsChurchman

The first home game of the season. We’d deservedly won at Sunderland then put Stoke away. I knew we would be ok.

I thought we would be before the season started, but you never know until the action starts.
Personal season highlights on 19:59 - Mar 11 with 1163 viewssmithy69

Sarmiento scoring at Leicester and the then 15 minutes of singing his song. Followed by singing it all the way home for 2 hours :)
Personal season highlights on 20:15 - Mar 11 with 1134 viewsLeoMuff

Personal season highlights on 19:05 - Mar 11 by jasondozzell

Same for me, we were mustard that night.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Personal season highlights on 20:25 - Mar 11 with 1112 viewsReuser_is_God

Personal season highlights on 17:27 - Mar 11 by textbackup

Got a taker for your tiggert?!

I’m buying mine and taking it with me, if I can’t have it, nobody can

Yeah mate got someone lined up for it, if I even have enough points to get one.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Personal season highlights on 20:32 - Mar 11 with 1073 viewsBuhrer

I always suffer from immediacy bias but several moments stand out from bloody amazing season so far. Sunderland and realising we were going to do OK in the league. Telling my despondent lad when we were 2 down vs brum that we should never give up. Having that proven time and again until never give up is his belief. The building positivity of gamechanger and McKennas reign. Every single moment Woolfie plays la pausa. The Derby welcome. Recently going away to Plymouth getting missing wet and having a party, then Bristol City an absolute classic under the floodlights.
Personal season highlights on 20:33 - Mar 11 with 1071 viewsStu_boy

I really enjoyed Southampton away, always nice to win away and even better when it's against one of the best in the league under the floodlights
Personal season highlights on 20:34 - Mar 11 with 1068 viewsLinners

Personal season highlights on 20:15 - Mar 11 by LeoMuff

Same for me, we were mustard that night.

I went on my own that night and did a lot of shaking my head in disbelief. It felt very special, against a side you could tell were going to be decent.
Personal season highlights on 09:45 - Mar 12 with 845 viewsRobTheMonk

First game back in the Championship with Hladky's heroics towards the end of the game.
Personal season highlights on 09:52 - Mar 12 with 826 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Hirst goal vs Sunderland.

So so good. We were under the cosh most of first half but dug deep, stayed in it. Got a lucky ish goal but that Hirst goal was so nice. Absolute scenes in the away end. The added time was less fun but what a feeling at the end.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Personal season highlights on 17:44 - Mar 12 with 635 viewsGarv

Personal season highlights on 19:20 - Mar 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Oh for some more comfortable wins like that.

That Burns goal sums us up. The Davis cross-field pass, the clever Chaplin dummy, the cushioned touch from Burns and the way he waited for it to generate the backspin, and the smashed finish.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024