Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season 09:36 - Mar 30 with 1140 viewsChrisd

However, it does worry me when we play like that, especially away from home. We seem to stop doing the things we do well and invite the opposition on to us, inviting pressure. We looked quite desperate at times last night, like we were hanging on and we all know that defensively that isn’t the team’s strength.

Nevertheless, I’ll take the 3pts and the fact we are top of the league with 7 games to go. I just worry that we’ve got some tough away games coming up, play like that against teams like Coventry, Hull City and the Canaries then we could come unstuck.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 09:48 - Mar 30 with 1078 viewsITFC_Forever

We were largely fine until Moore went off as he was understandably knackered.

Teams who had players away on international duty should never have been made to play yesterday.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:04 - Mar 30 with 972 viewspointofblue

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 09:48 - Mar 30 by ITFC_Forever

We were largely fine until Moore went off as he was understandably knackered.

Teams who had players away on international duty should never have been made to play yesterday.

We were going off the boil before the subs were made. It's just they didn't change anything when they came on.

Play like that against Southampton and/or Norwich and we'll be thrashed.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:07 - Mar 30 with 955 viewsbluestandard

I must admit I don't see it like that. I think we showed the exact battling qualities that are needed at this stage of the season. Every performance (including Cardiff) has been something to be proud of. The team will play better than yesterday more times than not between now and the end of the season, and when they don't, whilst it will be nerve wracking, I will be very happy to see more of this 'desperate' football over the next few weeks!
Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:10 - Mar 30 with 933 viewsFrimleyBlue

I think we just need to maybe change it slightly from the subs being like for like when they aren't fit and bringing I. That extra defender or midfielder to help control the ball more.

The subs have changed many games for us. But if they aren't fit to to give that intensity we need against fresh legs then maybe we just need to be a bit safer.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:19 - Mar 30 with 903 viewstractorboy1978

I just thought it looked like the performance of a team that hadn't trained together as a unit all week and with a few players that were understandably a bit tired after international duty/illness. I don't think it was ever going to be a vintage performance yesterday but we got through it.
Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:20 - Mar 30 with 893 viewspointofblue

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:10 - Mar 30 by FrimleyBlue

I think we just need to maybe change it slightly from the subs being like for like when they aren't fit and bringing I. That extra defender or midfielder to help control the ball more.

The subs have changed many games for us. But if they aren't fit to to give that intensity we need against fresh legs then maybe we just need to be a bit safer.

I know what you're getting at and will gently say this is starting to become your new bugbear - especially since Al-Hamidi has made a positive impact more often than not when coming on as a sub. With Moore clearly shattered, who would you have brought on instead?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:34 - Mar 30 with 827 viewsFrimleyBlue

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:20 - Mar 30 by pointofblue

I know what you're getting at and will gently say this is starting to become your new bugbear - especially since Al-Hamidi has made a positive impact more often than not when coming on as a sub. With Moore clearly shattered, who would you have brought on instead?

No. I'm not referring to an Individual specifically its more of a general overview

For example. Sarmiento played In 2 or 3? Internationals and didn't look right when he came on understandably. I'd have thought Taylor for broadhead would have been better perhaps or even humphreys.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:42 - Mar 30 with 814 viewsWubbleU

Yesterday's subs are fine when we are attacking but no good when we haven't got the ball. The Al-Hamadi, Sarmiento, Hutchinson line up is far to inexperienced when the opposition have the ball. They just get a free run at the defence and no hold up play to give the defenders a break. Happened at Cardiff, Blackburn and at least once at home (Rotherham?). Harness was the sub we needed yesterday, late in a game he gives shape and know how..Plymouth away. We can't afford another Cardiff.
Login to get fewer ads

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:52 - Mar 30 with 786 viewsfarkenhell

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:20 - Mar 30 by pointofblue

There wasn't really an alternative was there? Perhaps Jackson on another day, but with Hutch getting little change out of their full-back, I think it was better that he went on the wing. I wondered whether Sarmiento could have replaced Moore, but Broady looked cooked as well. Frimley has a point about Al-Hamadi's pressing, it was noticeably less intense than a month or so ago, but he must be considered fit enough for the bench, otherwise he wouldn't have been put there.
Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 11:11 - Mar 30 with 743 viewsHerbivore

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:19 - Mar 30 by tractorboy1978

I just thought it looked like the performance of a team that hadn't trained together as a unit all week and with a few players that were understandably a bit tired after international duty/illness. I don't think it was ever going to be a vintage performance yesterday but we got through it.

Indeed. I don't think it's a coincidence that we were the only side in the top 4 to win yesterday, the sides who've been impacted by players on international duty all struggled yesterday.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 11:17 - Mar 30 with 731 viewsJ2BLUE

That Blackburn team is set up for that style of game. The fact we overcome teams like that on a regular basis says a lot about our team.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 11:24 - Mar 30 with 717 viewsRadlett_blue

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:19 - Mar 30 by tractorboy1978

No, we played well for the first 30 minutes & controlled the game. Blackburn improved as the game went on & we couldn't keep the ball for much of the second half. It was right to sub Moore as he was probably tired, but Al_Hamadi isn't really a hold up player.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 12:12 - Mar 30 with 650 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 10:52 - Mar 30 by farkenhell

There wasn't really an alternative was there? Perhaps Jackson on another day, but with Hutch getting little change out of their full-back, I think it was better that he went on the wing. I wondered whether Sarmiento could have replaced Moore, but Broady looked cooked as well. Frimley has a point about Al-Hamadi's pressing, it was noticeably less intense than a month or so ago, but he must be considered fit enough for the bench, otherwise he wouldn't have been put there.

"he must be considered fit enough for the bench, otherwise he wouldn't have been put there."

Except there is literally no one else to sit there.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 13:02 - Mar 30 with 582 viewstextbackup

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 12:12 - Mar 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

"he must be considered fit enough for the bench, otherwise he wouldn't have been put there."

With all the money we pump into sports science, do we honestly believe we’d put someone on for 35/40mins knowing they are way off it fitness wise?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 13:26 - Mar 30 with 490 viewsfarkenhell

Take the 3pts, performances are secondary this time of the season on 12:12 - Mar 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

I didn't note all of the subs, but was anyone left out of the squad who could have been there instead? Failing that, one of the U23s? Surely he was there because he was considered fit enough to play a part?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024