Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club comments have made it worse 08:10 - Apr 9 with 7477 viewsITFC_Blood

The club said it was "disappointed" by the reaction and said it did not hand out 20% of its allocation to "staff or hangers on".
It said a "limited allocation" went to players as normal and to staff who regularly attend games.

We all know the staff had a plus one they could take!

Oh dear do they think about these statements

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Club comments have made it worse on 10:45 - Apr 9 with 1254 viewsnodge_blue

Am I missing something here? The statement said that the normal ticket allocation policy was applied. Maybe there was a bigger take up of the staff ticket allocation, but as long as normal process was applied what are we getting annoyed about.

Jesus. We lost a game of football because we played badly and now we want to take our frustrations out on something else altogether. We need to forget about it and just focus on the game tomorrow night. Anything else is just a total distraction and waste of time and energy.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Club comments have made it worse on 12:16 - Apr 9 with 1113 viewsZx1988

Club comments have made it worse on 10:31 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

MA will have had sight of it.

Given the parallels between the statement from the 'spokesperson', and the email I received from Mark Ashton in response to the email I sent him, I'm inclined to believe that MA wrote it, rather than just having had sight of it.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Club comments have made it worse on 12:23 - Apr 9 with 1090 viewscressi

The club have got this wrong soon took the membership money which I choose not to join season ticket only just another money making scheme and this always had a chance this could happen. Not right for those who follow every week could not go whist people who do not even support club got tickets. Disappointing response from club.
Club comments have made it worse on 12:23 - Apr 9 with 1094 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Club comments have made it worse on 10:30 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

They should have admitted how many tickets they gave away, and apologised without expressing disappointment at fans.

Could've gone away much more easily if handled well.

I don't think they're disappointed at the fans necessarily - they're disappointed at the reaction, which could be read in a number of ways. Such as they're disappointed that they've upset some people, or disappointed that they've made a misstep. Maybe disappointed at the whole scenario because they initially didn't think they were doing anything wrong.

Could be worded better I guess, but it's not necessarily an attack on the fans as some are reading it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Club comments have made it worse on 12:24 - Apr 9 with 1092 viewsRichOBlue

“Believed to be around the reported figure” doesn’t exactly nip this in the bud, surely just give the accurate figures if it’s around that figure

Poll: What formation suits us best?

Club comments have made it worse on 12:54 - Apr 9 with 1020 viewsReusersTown

Club comments have made it worse on 10:00 - Apr 9 by Basuco

Seems a bit of a fuss over nothing to me, success means more fans go to games, more fans means tickets are harder to get hold of, 2000 to 3000 seems to be the average away allocation so a lot are going to be disappointed. Clubs keeping a few tickets back to give away is not a new thing, and for many of us this makes little difference to ticket availability. The days of deciding to go to a particular away game and easily getting tickets are over.

Isn't that exactly the point 400 fans were not able to go to the game because of the mismanagement and it's disrespect to those who will feel they've earnt the right to go.
Is is that important? move on. Focus on supporting the players Weds. on 12:59 - Apr 9 with 1000 viewsstonojnr

Is is that important? move on. Focus on supporting the players Weds. on 08:27 - Apr 9 by unstableblue

Watford at home is massive.

We need zero negativity, and total support.

The Norwich game was a bad day at the office. We know we can bounce back. But a bad vibe around the fan base and a weak support on Weds, and we inhibit the players.

dont take TWTD or twitter as the pulse of Town fans, the very very larger majority of fans dont care about it and will continue to support the team as normal.

those still moaning can just carry on moaning to themselves.
Club comments have made it worse on 13:02 - Apr 9 with 985 viewsbackwaywhen

Club comments have made it worse on 08:23 - Apr 9 by yesjohn99

Don’t think some of the staff at David Lloyd fall under that umbrella!!

Ashton is always up there apparently swanning around , friends with benefits comes to mind .
Login to get fewer ads

Club comments have made it worse on 13:04 - Apr 9 with 967 viewsIllinoisblue

Club comments have made it worse on 08:31 - Apr 9 by redrickstuhaart

This all started from a rumour without a specific source...

Questions started when Norifok Police tweeted a few days before game about 1600 Town fans going to the game. Full away allocation is 2000.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is is that important? move on. Focus on supporting the players Weds. on 13:07 - Apr 9 with 952 viewsZx1988

Is is that important? move on. Focus on supporting the players Weds. on 12:59 - Apr 9 by stonojnr

dont take TWTD or twitter as the pulse of Town fans, the very very larger majority of fans dont care about it and will continue to support the team as normal.

those still moaning can just carry on moaning to themselves.

You do know that it's possible to be 100% behind the team, whilst criticising the club for the absolute clusterf**k that has been their ticketing policy, and reaction to getting found out, right?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Club comments have made it worse on 13:23 - Apr 9 with 885 viewspetieboy2011

Heres my two pennith on the situation - for what its worth.

This response from the club hasnt helped matters, and is a further kick in the teeth to those who clocked up the miles last season and this thinking they would be fine to get a ticket for Norwich away but couldnt because of this. This will need to be addressed should we have to play them in the playoffs!

HOWEVER - There were 1600 other fans who presumably go to all/most away games (including myself) that could have got right behind the team regardless of the performance on the pitch, so to blame the "flat" atmosphere on the "200 staff +1's) is a bit of a moot point.

We cant change what happened Saturday so we must now focus our attentions as a club to the remaining 5 games, starting with Watford at home tomorrow night. Lets get right behind the team from the first whistle to the last and hopefully we'll get the 3 points.

5 wins = Promotion

COYBs
Club comments have made it worse on 13:26 - Apr 9 with 861 viewstextbackup

Club comments have made it worse on 13:02 - Apr 9 by backwaywhen

Ashton is always up there apparently swanning around , friends with benefits comes to mind .

In his defence, he’s never swanning around, he’s typically working out pretty hard for an hour or so with his son, will speak to fans when they approach him, showers up and heads off.

And the most important thing to mention, that even though he is who he is, he puts away his weights every time. Which is extremely rare up there with the complete jumped up TOWIE wannabe pr1cks that go in there.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Club comments have made it worse on 13:56 - Apr 9 with 785 viewsIllinoisblue

Club comments have made it worse on 10:38 - Apr 9 by Guthrum

But it's also a prestige game to reward people who have worked for the club or supported it in other ways (e.g. corporate sponsorship).

Would be interesting to know if the numbers are any different to other matches, or even previous fixtures at Carrow Rd.

You can’t have a priority points ticketing system and then override it to “reward” staff members for big games. Makes a mockery of the whole system.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Club comments have made it worse on 14:06 - Apr 9 with 752 viewsGeoffSentence

Club comments have made it worse on 08:43 - Apr 9 by ColchesterFan1992

Definitely didn’t go to people who attend games, my mate works at the club and they all got tickets, he got his late on Friday as they had a whole batch that they couldn’t shift late on so a few got more than 2. 8 of them went with about 5 home games over last few years between them 0 away.

This post needs explanation and verification.

How is it possible that there was a 'whole batch they couldn't shift' for this game?

People have been seeking ways to make sure they got tickets for this game since the new away ticketting system was anounced.

It's either not true, or true and a horrendous cock-up was made somewhere.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Club comments have made it worse on 14:31 - Apr 9 with 697 viewslongtimefan

Club comments have made it worse on 12:23 - Apr 9 by cressi

The club have got this wrong soon took the membership money which I choose not to join season ticket only just another money making scheme and this always had a chance this could happen. Not right for those who follow every week could not go whist people who do not even support club got tickets. Disappointing response from club.

"Not right for those who follow every week could not go whist people who do not even support club got tickets"

The every week bit is patently wrong as anyone who's a member this year and last, and who's been to 20 away games over those two seasons would have got a ticket.
Club comments have made it worse on 15:12 - Apr 9 with 637 viewsOne_Bobby_Petta

Club comments have made it worse on 08:58 - Apr 9 by flykickingbybgunn

Tickets for the Carrow Road game should have gone entirely to those who have been to the most away games.
That they went to anybody else is totally unacceptable. If the club want to reward their workers fine, no problem, but not THAT game.
I say this as some one with no axe to grind as I have not been to an away game this year.
The Club repeatedly goes on about how important it is for the fans to get behind the team. Which is what has happened this year. But a friend that is a Budgie said to me our fans were surprisingly quiet. Of course they were, there too many hangers on and free loaders who did not care.
The management should admit they got it wrong.
They should apologise to all the clubs supporters and the team because our normal support was diluted just at the time it was needed most.
What if we dont go up because of the 3 points thrown away in this match ?
Finally at the end of the season change the rules so that by all means reward workers but NOT AT CARROW ROAD. That match is for true Blues only.

I’m not so sure, each of those members of staff will have contributed to the success we’ve enjoyed over the last two seasons - I don’t see the harm in them being rewarded somewhat for it
Club comments have made it worse on 20:30 - Apr 9 with 470 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Club comments have made it worse on 15:12 - Apr 9 by One_Bobby_Petta

I’m not so sure, each of those members of staff will have contributed to the success we’ve enjoyed over the last two seasons - I don’t see the harm in them being rewarded somewhat for it

I did not say that they should not be rewarded. But just not at that match . To my mind it echoes what KMcK said when he looked at the fixture list he looked for the Southampton game first. I wonder how many Blues looked for that particular game first? No, of course nobody did. It says to me that the management does not understand the supporters feelings on the matter which has lead to the initial error and the subsequent poor response.
Club comments have made it worse on 20:37 - Apr 9 with 450 viewslazyblue

So some fans couldn’t get a ticket , who cares we lost the game move on and concentrate on rest of the season.
Club comments have made it worse on 21:02 - Apr 9 with 406 viewsrkc123

Club comments have made it worse on 15:12 - Apr 9 by One_Bobby_Petta

I think the big issue is the fact they introduced the £40 membership this year with the new points system, regular away fans will have been planning their away trips to ensure that they meet the required threshold of points to ensure they get tickets to the Norwich game, so for the club to give away such a high percentage for such an in demand fixture seems to be a big error in my opinion, and the communication has been terrible.

I also think it is completely fair to question this now as it needs to be clear what will happen for big games that may come up before the end of the season. As clubs progress they value their fans less as they make up a smaller percentage of their income, it is important to keep those who decide these things honest while we still can, as our influence as a fan group will only decrease with promotion and progress on the field. Lastly, of course fans are capable of questioning the club in this instance while still supporting 100% when they go to the game tomorrow, I find it strange people have spoken as if this is not possible.
Club comments have made it worse on 21:03 - Apr 9 with 386 viewsitfc_bucks

Time to park this and move on.

Bigger issues at hand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024