Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time McKenna shows his worth. 07:46 - Apr 11 with 6702 viewsOldFart71

With a loss against the Budgies and a draw against Watford maybe the time for Kieran to earn his spurs. Any manager can be great when things go well. It's the managers that can get that bit extra from players and possibly set the team up a bit differently to get what's required from his team. Don't get me wrong, this is not having a go at McKenna as what he and the team on and off the pitch have done over the past two seasons is out of this World.My concern now is that we falter and as we know those playoffs end up with sixth place promoted when third place are twenty points ahead of them as it's all on those few games then. I have said it's the manager, but also the players that have served Town so well need to step up a bit also. Long season, higher League. A bit of tiredness perhaps ?
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:49 - Apr 12 with 697 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:59 - Apr 11 by Europablue

I find it funny how results are season defining at the end of the season, but no-one considers the earlier games where we lost points. The most season defining match would surely be losing 4-0 away at Leeds if we finish third behind them?

No, the most season-defining fixtures have been the two wins against Southampton!

The truth is, we are where we are thanks to the combination of all the matches as with any season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:55 - Apr 12 with 678 viewsSomethingBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:14 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

I don't see why people can't post without throwing in personal insults tbh. We re just chatting about footy.

KM said he trusts him. So trust him. No one is saying hamadi needs to start and run for 70 minutes.

But if he starts and opens space up in the first half. Then he could quite easily come off at ht.

End of the day moore is part of this attacking set up that hasn't scored in 2 games. Not the end of the world no. But goals win games and we aren't creating anywhere near the number of opportunities we should be.. and moore injured is a big part of that.

So yes we're talking about 2 injured players. Yet ones automatically seem as the better option despite not contributing in a massive way in recent games. ( in this current block of games.)

That's my thoughts anyway
[Post edited 12 Apr 12:28]

One of those players has an injury that needs surgery and is being dragged through; the other has had a few too many minutes for club and country recently & has had a minor back strain. Incomparable I'm afraid.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:01 - Apr 12 with 659 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:55 - Apr 12 by SomethingBlue

One of those players has an injury that needs surgery and is being dragged through; the other has had a few too many minutes for club and country recently & has had a minor back strain. Incomparable I'm afraid.

Frimley doesn't seem to have learned not to single out a player and persistently post that they are not contributing despite the manager's contrary view. It is clear there is little other option as has been repeatedly pointed out.

That is nothing personal nor an unsubstantiated opinion, simply an observation based on evidence.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:12 - Apr 12 with 639 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:01 - Apr 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Frimley doesn't seem to have learned not to single out a player and persistently post that they are not contributing despite the manager's contrary view. It is clear there is little other option as has been repeatedly pointed out.

That is nothing personal nor an unsubstantiated opinion, simply an observation based on evidence.

I don't agree. I've shared views on chappers. Hutch and broady.

Also I've agreed there's very little other options available in regards to the strikers.
I've also acknowledged what moore offers when fit.
So no. I have learned this is nothing like the past and it would help if posts like yours weren't made just because a debate has gone one. It was a good debate. I enjoyed it. I've moved on.

What is unfortunately happening is posts like yours and n2 bringing up the past when there's no need for it. If you are to post fine but please at least acknowledge that I've accepted peoples thoughts and have agreed there very little options available.
[Post edited 12 Apr 12:20]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:19 - Apr 12 with 628 viewsportmanking

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:12 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

Also I've agreed there's very little other options available in regards to the strikers.
So no. I have learned this is nothing like the past and it would help if posts like yours weren't made just because a debate has gone one. It was a good debate. I enjoyed it. I've moved on.

What is unfortunately happening is posts like yours and n2 bringing up the past when there's no need for it. If you are to post fine but please at least acknowledge that I've accepted peoples thoughts and have agreed there very little options available.

So if you agree there's little alternatives, why can't you understand that Moore is deemed fit enough for 60-70 mins and AAH only 25 mins max? How else do you square that circle?
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:20 - Apr 12 with 625 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:12 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

"Yet strangely ones [sic] seen as a better choice than the other despite offering next to nothing"

I wasn't commenting on any views on other players, but your insistence in stating that Moore is offering "next to nothing" and that he should play an unfit player instead.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:23 - Apr 12 with 618 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:19 - Apr 12 by portmanking

So if you agree there's little alternatives, why can't you understand that Moore is deemed fit enough for 60-70 mins and AAH only 25 mins max? How else do you square that circle?

I do understand of they are indeed the limits. We haven't had any minute figures confirmed.

But as I said I'd be happy to see hamadi start use his minutes early. Get the defence moving. Create gaps etc for us to attack. If he literally is only available for 25 mins then of course no. But if we can get a half out of him. Let's do it.

Waka waka eh eh

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:25 - Apr 12 with 612 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:20 - Apr 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

"Yet strangely ones [sic] seen as a better choice than the other despite offering next to nothing"

I wasn't commenting on any views on other players, but your insistence in stating that Moore is offering "next to nothing" and that he should play an unfit player instead.

Tbf phrasing is bad there. I'll edit.

Just mean he's unable to contribute in a way that helps us at present. Balls bounce of him. Not winning headers. Defenders are having it quite easy. But that's not his fault. Which I'm aware of.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:32 - Apr 12 with 594 viewsportmanking

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:23 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

I do understand of they are indeed the limits. We haven't had any minute figures confirmed.

But as I said I'd be happy to see hamadi start use his minutes early. Get the defence moving. Create gaps etc for us to attack. If he literally is only available for 25 mins then of course no. But if we can get a half out of him. Let's do it.

He literally is only available for 25 mins max.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:36 - Apr 12 with 586 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:32 - Apr 12 by portmanking

If that's the case then yes it makes absolute sense why we get him 2nd half.

Waka waka eh eh

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:44 - Apr 12 with 576 viewsN2_Blue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:36 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

If that's the case then yes it makes absolute sense why we get him 2nd half.

SO finally, you've got it!!

You seemed to be suggesteding in an earlier posts to start AAH even if its only for 25 / 30 mins. Which is utterly crazy and no manager would ever do.

So now you know why we are starting Moore. You're hard work sometimes but at least you've got there with this one.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:45 - Apr 12 with 575 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:01 - Apr 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Also, he says obviously go with what McKenna thinks, not him, as he's not a football manager, but then still keeps banging on about the same point (which is at odds with the manager).

Frimmers - McKenna sees what happens on the pitch, and he also sees what goes on in training. He knows all the medical data around the players, let alone the data on what they're contributing physically in matches. So if he goes with Moore over AAH there are lots of reasons for that, many of which you're not privy to.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:54 - Apr 12 with 549 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:25 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

Tbf phrasing is bad there. I'll edit.

Just mean he's unable to contribute in a way that helps us at present. Balls bounce of him. Not winning headers. Defenders are having it quite easy. But that's not his fault. Which I'm aware of.

He almost scored from a header on Wednesday night! He also offers that physical presence in our own box.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:57 - Apr 12 with 541 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:54 - Apr 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

He almost scored from a header on Wednesday night! He also offers that physical presence in our own box.

He does and I've said as such previously.

Waka waka eh eh

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:01 - Apr 12 with 532 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:57 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

He does and I've said as such previously.

You've literally just said "Not winning headers", which is what I was replying to.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:03 - Apr 12 with 523 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:01 - Apr 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

You've literally just said "Not winning headers", which is what I was replying to.

I'm aware. I was referring to General balls I.e the lofted kicks occasionally from hladky. Or edmundson the other night as examples. But yes we'll aware he got on the end of a great cross.

Waka waka eh eh

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:26 - Apr 12 with 501 viewsbaxterbasics

Late response to the OP from me here but... I would suggest McKenna had already showed us his worth by May 2023. Everything since has been bonus added value.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 14:39 - Apr 12 with 470 viewsRyorry

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:14 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

I don't see why people can't post without throwing in personal insults tbh. We re just chatting about footy.

KM said he trusts him. So trust him. No one is saying hamadi needs to start and run for 70 minutes.

But if he starts and opens space up in the first half. Then he could quite easily come off at ht.

End of the day moore is part of this attacking set up that hasn't scored in 2 games. Not the end of the world no. But goals win games and we aren't creating anywhere near the number of opportunities we should be.. and moore injured is a big part of that.

So yes we're talking about 2 injured players. Yet ones automatically seem as the better option despite not contributing in a massive way in recent games. ( in this current block of games.)

That's my thoughts anyway
[Post edited 12 Apr 12:28]

"Yet strangely ones seen as a better choice than the other"

I'm taking a wild guess that's because their injuries are different ...

"despite offering next to nothing ( in this current block of games.)"

If you can't see what Moore's offered/offering (including defensively) you're beyond help.

Edit - I started writing this post at 11.45am, had to go out suddenly, only finished it just now by which time you (Frimley) had edited it, so my quotes are of what you originally said.
[Post edited 12 Apr 14:48]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 19:32 - Apr 13 with 373 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:32 - Apr 12 by portmanking

So all this anger at me and the following day he starts and plays more than 25 minutes.

Waka waka eh eh

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 19:54 - Apr 13 with 351 viewsRyorry

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 19:32 - Apr 13 by FrimleyBlue

So all this anger at me and the following day he starts and plays more than 25 minutes.

Don’t be disingenuous, obviously none of us fans are privy to his medical details other than what KM had told us *before* today’s game.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 19:58 - Apr 13 with 339 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 19:54 - Apr 13 by Ryorry

Don’t be disingenuous, obviously none of us fans are privy to his medical details other than what KM had told us *before* today’s game.

Ah must of missed it when KM said he can only play 25 minutes.

Waka waka eh eh

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 20:03 - Apr 13 with 320 viewsRyorry

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 19:58 - Apr 13 by FrimleyBlue

Ah must of missed it when KM said he can only play 25 minutes.

You do seem to miss a lot.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 20:05 - Apr 13 with 314 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 20:03 - Apr 13 by Ryorry

You do seem to miss a lot.

Got a link? Just curious.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024