Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time McKenna shows his worth. 07:46 - Apr 11 with 6717 viewsOldFart71

With a loss against the Budgies and a draw against Watford maybe the time for Kieran to earn his spurs. Any manager can be great when things go well. It's the managers that can get that bit extra from players and possibly set the team up a bit differently to get what's required from his team. Don't get me wrong, this is not having a go at McKenna as what he and the team on and off the pitch have done over the past two seasons is out of this World.My concern now is that we falter and as we know those playoffs end up with sixth place promoted when third place are twenty points ahead of them as it's all on those few games then. I have said it's the manager, but also the players that have served Town so well need to step up a bit also. Long season, higher League. A bit of tiredness perhaps ?
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:39 - Apr 11 with 886 viewsEuropablue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:02 - Apr 11 by FrimleyBlue

I do however wish he could see moore is killing us at the moment. Many players not at their best but yes making it harder for them.

He hasn't got much wrong KM pretty much every game near spot on.. however I don't see what he's seeing with moore at the moment as it's just not helping us in the final third. . But that's the only thing I'd hope to see change.

If Hirst were back to fitness, I would agree with you, and Al Hamadi is a good player and is contributing well, but it would be such a gamble to put Al Hamadi out there. He has proven that he still has a lot to learn.
Lollerama on 11:44 - Apr 11 with 887 viewsDyland

"It's the managers that can get that bit extra from players and possibly set the team up a bit differently to get what's required from his team"

Literally what he has been doing for two and a half years ffs.

You have a really silly and unreal view on things if you are seriously judging McKenna and/or this squad with the base line that we should now be promoted.

Anyone hear Craig on RS phone in after the match last night? Brilliant excoriating stuff.
[Post edited 11 Apr 11:45]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:52 - Apr 11 with 861 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:34 - Apr 11 by lizzibee

He's been injured and there has been sickness bug

Yes, as I said, not fit. Needs a rest.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:52 - Apr 11 with 862 viewsEuropablue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:18 - Apr 11 by blueasfook

I see the downvote crew are out in force. Another poster ridiculed for merely having an opinion. Poor guy is probably crying into his corn flakes.

Downvoting doesn't mean "this person should be banned", it just means that we don't agree. In my opinion "show his worth" is a really bad choice of words and "show what he's made of" would have been less inflaming. The rest of the post leads me to believe that the OP either has a short memory or has not been following ITFC for very long. It hasn't just been all plain sailing. KM and the team have dealt well with adversity so far on multiple occasions. The examples that come to mind are the run we put on for automatic promotion last season when we looked out of contention and the recovery from the small blip after the Leicester home game in which we lost Hirst to injury.
I think most people appreciate that if KM did things differently, it could have led to the same result or even worse. You just have to trust someone who had led you to a situation where you win your final 4 matches and you get to the Premier League.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:59 - Apr 11 with 854 viewsEuropablue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:27 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

If we falter now, so be it. It'll be bloody frustrating of course given we've been so close, yet this team have punched WAY above what anyone expected. And the reason for that is KM and his team. So I don't think he or they need to prove anything.

Of course, that doesn't mean it would be fantastic for them to see us over the line now and secure a top two place - they'll be club legends if they do. A better feat than Burley and the 2000 crew achieved.

We played really well last night and were all over Watford like a rash in the first half. It feels like an opportunity missed and could possibly a season defining moment, but it wan't from lack of trying or anything KM got wrong. We had enough chances to win that game twice but our Achilles heal of not converting from good positions caught us out again. Ultimately that comes down to the players in the moment - I don't see what else KM could have done.

I find it funny how results are season defining at the end of the season, but no-one considers the earlier games where we lost points. The most season defining match would surely be losing 4-0 away at Leeds if we finish third behind them?
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:21 - Apr 11 with 831 viewspointofblue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:59 - Apr 11 by Europablue

I find it funny how results are season defining at the end of the season, but no-one considers the earlier games where we lost points. The most season defining match would surely be losing 4-0 away at Leeds if we finish third behind them?

If we'd drawn both games with Leeds rather than lost we'd be four points ahead of them right now, all other results being the same. So they are most defining matches of the season should we fail to go up automatically.

EDIT: Sorry, it'd be four points off Leeds and two onto us so a six point swing.
[Post edited 11 Apr 12:23]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:22 - Apr 11 with 830 viewsRyorry

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:59 - Apr 11 by Europablue

I'd have said losing 3-4 at home to them even more so, but get your point, & of course then doubling us if they go up & we don't would be even more of a 'season definer' - they've taken 6 points off us, imagine if it were the other way round, or 2 points each from the two games.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:32 - Apr 11 with 816 viewsIllinoisblue

Definitely some tiredness in your post. Deary me.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:32 - Apr 11 with 817 viewsZapers

I see the downvote crew are out in force. Another poster ridiculed for merely having an opinion. Poor guy is probably crying into his corn flakes.

On this occasion, I have to say i disagree with you. The OP posted a stupid post, and fully deserves all the ridicule. Hopefully the players don't lose their nerve, like this old fart has.

It begs the question what does he expect McKenna to do, at this late stage of the season, and with the players he has at his disposal.

Hurst, still injured. No one can realistically expect the same player to come back and straight away be the magic solution. It was a serious injury, we can only hope that soon he returns to be the player he was before the injury, but it might take time.

Burns injured. AAH carrying an injury that will require an operation. Moore probably carrying an injury, other players had sickness and fatigue to deal with. We have lost an important player in Williams, he would have been utilised regularly, allowing other players to be rested, players like Davis.

I suspect that other teams like Leicester and Leeds are all suffering similar problems at this stage of the season.

So it's a question of who can hold their nerve, and push themselves effectively through the pain barrier every few days.

Pressure is huge, because there is so much at stake.

So exactly what does the OP expect McKenna to do, that he hasn't already done week after week, after week.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:51 - Apr 11 with 787 viewsblueasfook

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:32 - Apr 11 by Zapers

On this occasion, I have to say i disagree with you. The OP posted a stupid post, and fully deserves all the ridicule. Hopefully the players don't lose their nerve, like this old fart has.

It begs the question what does he expect McKenna to do, at this late stage of the season, and with the players he has at his disposal.

Hurst, still injured. No one can realistically expect the same player to come back and straight away be the magic solution. It was a serious injury, we can only hope that soon he returns to be the player he was before the injury, but it might take time.

Burns injured. AAH carrying an injury that will require an operation. Moore probably carrying an injury, other players had sickness and fatigue to deal with. We have lost an important player in Williams, he would have been utilised regularly, allowing other players to be rested, players like Davis.

I suspect that other teams like Leicester and Leeds are all suffering similar problems at this stage of the season.

So it's a question of who can hold their nerve, and push themselves effectively through the pain barrier every few days.

Pressure is huge, because there is so much at stake.

So exactly what does the OP expect McKenna to do, that he hasn't already done week after week, after week.

My reply was a bit tongue in cheek. Yeah the OP is being silly.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 12:58 - Apr 11 with 760 viewsSheffordBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:52 - Apr 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yes, as I said, not fit. Needs a rest.

That kind of assumes that there's someone else who is more fit to take his starting role. Ali is going to need a an operation in the summer for his adductor issue and doesn't look fully fit either. Moore may well be the 'fittest' option we have at present.

Even if he is unfit (and I don't think it's as bad as is made out by some) he managed to get on the end of 3 chances yesterday and on another day might have scored.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:20 - Apr 11 with 724 viewsBluroo

"Time McKenna shows his worth". Deary me, that's a take of the "victim of success" variety if ever I saw one.

History lesson. When we were promoted the prevailing opinion was we'd do well to establish ourselves in the first season back in the Championship as we didn't have enough depth or quality in our L1 team to compete. Then we had a summer transfer window that most of you decided was "nowhere good enough". Then by Christmas the wheels were coming off and it was roundly decided that "we've been found out" and it would be much harder as we played teams 2nd time around. Then we suffered a bit of an illness and injury in the squad, Leeds and Soton caught up and most resigned themselves to the Playoffs and in many cases "better not to be promoted too soon"...

Yet here we are, 2nd in the league, with it all in our own hands to go up Automatically.

But according to you the good times have been "easy" and now McKenna needs to earn his money.

Jesus wept.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:24 - Apr 11 with 712 viewsOldFart71

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:16 - Apr 11 by RichardWright

If people think the manager is going to make any significant changes to the way we play when there's only 4 games to go and the current system has got us to second, then I suggest they will be disappointed.

Tbh am a bit disappointed with the 27 thumbs down. I wasn't in any way criticising McKenna as I think he's done a fantastic job and is an excellent manager. The point I was trying to make as with any manager is it's easier to manage and look good when a team is charging along. It's when it stutters a bit that he comes into his own. As for changing the way we play I was merely suggesting that maybe a tweak here and there which I am sure he and the backroom staff will work on. After all we haven't created too many chances the last two games where teams are set up to frustrate.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:27 - Apr 11 with 706 viewsOldFart71

At my age it's more like Cheerio's.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:28 - Apr 11 with 707 viewsN2_Blue

Don’t be a dik… but then it’s blueas so I’m not surprised

Just read the title of the post! It’s an absolute sh@te take and people are rightly letting them know.

I’m quite relieved the majority of fan base is calm after last couple of games but some who are moaning and criticising really need to question themselves.

We are doing incredibly. We are are suffering slightly but the fact that better squad and parachute payment clubs are doing the same at this stage feels you everything. It’s that stage of the season. Pressure, tiredness, injuries all sorts of things but we are managing as well if not better than the clubs that outstrip us in terms of resources currently.

Asking McKenna to step up is just down right disrespectful to everything he has achieved so far and the OP actually makes me ashamed by some of our support. Unbelievable

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:30 - Apr 11 with 702 viewsRyorry

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:24 - Apr 11 by OldFart71

Tbh am a bit disappointed with the 27 thumbs down. I wasn't in any way criticising McKenna as I think he's done a fantastic job and is an excellent manager. The point I was trying to make as with any manager is it's easier to manage and look good when a team is charging along. It's when it stutters a bit that he comes into his own. As for changing the way we play I was merely suggesting that maybe a tweak here and there which I am sure he and the backroom staff will work on. After all we haven't created too many chances the last two games where teams are set up to frustrate.

FGS, why do you think the team were “charging along” in the first place?!

I re-read your post, thinking maybe it was just unfortunate phrasing in the title, which most of us have done ourselves - but no, more of your comments in the text of your OP also went on to be disrespectful and unfair.
[Post edited 11 Apr 13:38]

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:40 - Apr 11 with 659 viewsN2_Blue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:24 - Apr 11 by OldFart71

Tbh I’m a bit disappointed you think McKenna needs to show his worth.

So let’s say the club gives you 30 seconds with Kieran ahead of these last 4 games…. Is that your message. “Hey Kieran, love what you’ve done mate, but please can you show your worth now because it’s been easy up to now as youve just been winning games. Now we’ve not won a couple be a chap show your worth and win the next four otherwise I think you just win when it’s easy”.

The downvotes are totally deserved and you don’t know why you don’t understand how disrespectful your post is.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:40 - Apr 11 with 662 viewsOldFart71

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:25 - Apr 11 by Ryorry

“The downvote crew”.

People who independently of each other come to the conclusion that telling KM it’s “time to prove his worth”, as though he hasn’t already, is an obnoxious and ridiculous insult.

In no way would I insult McKenna. People on this forum were questioning him when we faltered last season and if you could look back on my comments you will see I was one who was suggesting he'd get it right and was definitely the right man. Which he is and has been. Again I would like to state my comment would apply to any manager. It's not when your team is powering along like a Rolls Royce, every section is performing as you would like that doesn't show the total worth of a manager. It is when parts are not functioning that shows how good or not he is. McKenna would I believe back me up on that. We have gained one point from two matches now, but many on this forum have eluded to the team not performing to the same level for quite a few games now. Not me saying that, but others.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:41 - Apr 11 with 658 viewscbower

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:02 - Apr 11 by FrimleyBlue

I do however wish he could see moore is killing us at the moment. Many players not at their best but yes making it harder for them.

He hasn't got much wrong KM pretty much every game near spot on.. however I don't see what he's seeing with moore at the moment as it's just not helping us in the final third. . But that's the only thing I'd hope to see change.

Moore hasn't been great since the international break, tthat's true but the service has been poor. The one really decent cross last night and he powered in. Of course, he should have scored. Hutchinson delays crossing far too long for Moore to be effective and Leif's delivery has been off point these last two games.

bluescouser

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:45 - Apr 11 with 637 viewsbazza

Even Daveu is in agreement with this one.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:56 - Apr 11 with 632 viewsRyorry

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:40 - Apr 11 by OldFart71

In no way would I insult McKenna. People on this forum were questioning him when we faltered last season and if you could look back on my comments you will see I was one who was suggesting he'd get it right and was definitely the right man. Which he is and has been. Again I would like to state my comment would apply to any manager. It's not when your team is powering along like a Rolls Royce, every section is performing as you would like that doesn't show the total worth of a manager. It is when parts are not functioning that shows how good or not he is. McKenna would I believe back me up on that. We have gained one point from two matches now, but many on this forum have eluded to the team not performing to the same level for quite a few games now. Not me saying that, but others.

I suggest you stop digging and put your mammoth shovel down.

“In no way would I insult McKenna”.
Yet you did, and continue to do so.

“It's not when your team is powering along like a Rolls Royce”.
See my previous post - who was it that got our squad going like that?

“We have gained one point from two matches now, but many on this forum have eluded to the team not performing to the same level for quite a few games now. Not me saying that, but others.”

Almost all of those posters, and many more besides, have also alluded to unavailability of key players due to injuries and ongoing illness in the camp, something you conveniently choose to ignore.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 14:01 - Apr 11 with 626 viewsburnbudgiesburn

At no stage have we been 'charging along' this season.

Even when we were 10 points clear of 2nd at one point, 95% of our wins have come from the finest of margins. Apart from Hull, Millwall & Wednesday there has always been just a goal in it.

We totally deserve to be where we are though, half of our defeats could have gone the other way.

Your post seems like its just a bit of a frustration at the last couple of games coming out, I get it - last night it was dissapointing not to take advantage. Having rewatched the highlights, we more than did enough to win the game in the first half.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 16:15 - Apr 11 with 543 viewspeterleeblue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:41 - Apr 11 by cbower

Moore hasn't been great since the international break, tthat's true but the service has been poor. The one really decent cross last night and he powered in. Of course, he should have scored. Hutchinson delays crossing far too long for Moore to be effective and Leif's delivery has been off point these last two games.

Its ridiculous isn't it. Moore's bullet header last night goes in and half this thread doesn't happen.

Hmm lets start piling in on our manager. Brighton beckons.

Maybe some of our fans just like it a bit sh!t.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 16:18 - Apr 11 with 536 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 16:15 - Apr 11 by peterleeblue

Its ridiculous isn't it. Moore's bullet header last night goes in and half this thread doesn't happen.

Hmm lets start piling in on our manager. Brighton beckons.

Maybe some of our fans just like it a bit sh!t.

Some but not all would be blind just because he scored. Of course we'd celebrate it and discuss the goal scored, but there's many minutes around that chance where he was just wasn't helping our attacking play.

What's more is for a big lad, he don't still struggle to direct his headers to a town player.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 17:09 - Apr 11 with 518 viewsZapers

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 16:18 - Apr 11 by FrimleyBlue

Some but not all would be blind just because he scored. Of course we'd celebrate it and discuss the goal scored, but there's many minutes around that chance where he was just wasn't helping our attacking play.

What's more is for a big lad, he don't still struggle to direct his headers to a town player.

So what are the options smart ass. You keep pointing out the obvious but you have no solution that is worth hearing.

If McKenna doesn't have one, as sure as hec, you don't.

Maybe give it a rest.

I'm sorry but i get fed up with hearing these armchair supporters dole out the same shyte week after week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024