Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time McKenna shows his worth. 07:46 - Apr 11 with 6703 viewsOldFart71

With a loss against the Budgies and a draw against Watford maybe the time for Kieran to earn his spurs. Any manager can be great when things go well. It's the managers that can get that bit extra from players and possibly set the team up a bit differently to get what's required from his team. Don't get me wrong, this is not having a go at McKenna as what he and the team on and off the pitch have done over the past two seasons is out of this World.My concern now is that we falter and as we know those playoffs end up with sixth place promoted when third place are twenty points ahead of them as it's all on those few games then. I have said it's the manager, but also the players that have served Town so well need to step up a bit also. Long season, higher League. A bit of tiredness perhaps ?
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 17:26 - Apr 11 with 743 viewsStewart27

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 13:40 - Apr 11 by OldFart71

In no way would I insult McKenna. People on this forum were questioning him when we faltered last season and if you could look back on my comments you will see I was one who was suggesting he'd get it right and was definitely the right man. Which he is and has been. Again I would like to state my comment would apply to any manager. It's not when your team is powering along like a Rolls Royce, every section is performing as you would like that doesn't show the total worth of a manager. It is when parts are not functioning that shows how good or not he is. McKenna would I believe back me up on that. We have gained one point from two matches now, but many on this forum have eluded to the team not performing to the same level for quite a few games now. Not me saying that, but others.

Honestly just stop. It’s insulting.

The only reason we are powering along like a Rolls Royce is because of KM.

We literally have the same team as we did last season in league one.

We are over performing week in week out. We’ve been pretty much what should be par over the past 2 games.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 19:36 - Apr 11 with 697 viewsbraveblue

I think he has proven his worth already by far. Crazy post.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 21:13 - Apr 11 with 636 viewsAviator

Obviously he has proven his worth.

I do think managers in general would benefit from a higher vantage point in the stands like they use in Rugby. They would then see things from a better perspective. I swear it would take one manager to do this and have success and the rest would follow.

Imagine a state of the art facility in a very high tech glass fronted room with loads of screens. Mckenna, the master tactician, looking down from on high like some kind of God. It would really freak out the opposition!
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 21:29 - Apr 11 with 634 viewsSheffordBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 21:13 - Apr 11 by Aviator

Obviously he has proven his worth.

I do think managers in general would benefit from a higher vantage point in the stands like they use in Rugby. They would then see things from a better perspective. I swear it would take one manager to do this and have success and the rest would follow.

Imagine a state of the art facility in a very high tech glass fronted room with loads of screens. Mckenna, the master tactician, looking down from on high like some kind of God. It would really freak out the opposition!

He has Charlie Turnbull and Will Stephenson high in the stands feeding their observations to him via the ear piece that Pert wears. Coupled with the advantage of our own camera placements at Portman Road - that gives him the best of both worlds I think.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 21:55 - Apr 11 with 620 viewsMelford

You're right, if it comes down to play-offs that would be a bit of a failure given where we have been for most of the season. We bottled the title and 100 goals last year by playing out a tame 1-1 draw.against Fleetwood.

I wouldn't trust him in such high-pressure games like play-offs and next year we'll get exposed like Burnley have been this season. 100 points in the Championship playing like Barcelona means ***k all in the big boys league.

He would take us straight back down or ***k off to somewhere better the minute it got tough here. I'd get rid of him now, get someone more experienced to get us over the line and to plan for next year.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:37 - Apr 12 with 539 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:54 - Apr 11 by FrimleyBlue

That's the point though Church, Km keeps putting him even though he's unfit, and an unfit Moore really does hurt our attacking play. So often last night we were getting forward he wasn't keeping up, nothing stuck, he couldn't hold it, he was just out of it. Thats not his fault, he's clearly fked, so lets try something else whilst we're at the business end of the season. An unfit moore against 3cbs... Yes I know al hamadi isn't 100%, but least he could get at them to start with open up spaces for our other forwards and then we have moore for air battles if needed 2nd half..

I just feel of all the good that's been done, this continued selection of an unfit Moore is just the opposite of KM's clear tactical talent.

Hmm, who to go with, Frimmers or Kieran McKenna?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:41 - Apr 12 with 533 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:37 - Apr 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

Hmm, who to go with, Frimmers or Kieran McKenna?

I'd personally go with KM. He's a manager if a football club. I'm just a town supporters on a football forum.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:43 - Apr 12 with 534 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:27 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

If we falter now, so be it. It'll be bloody frustrating of course given we've been so close, yet this team have punched WAY above what anyone expected. And the reason for that is KM and his team. So I don't think he or they need to prove anything.

Of course, that doesn't mean it would be fantastic for them to see us over the line now and secure a top two place - they'll be club legends if they do. A better feat than Burley and the 2000 crew achieved.

We played really well last night and were all over Watford like a rash in the first half. It feels like an opportunity missed and could possibly a season defining moment, but it wan't from lack of trying or anything KM got wrong. We had enough chances to win that game twice but our Achilles heal of not converting from good positions caught us out again. Ultimately that comes down to the players in the moment - I don't see what else KM could have done.

"We played really well last night..."

What game were you watching? A 15 minute spell in the first half had Watford under the cosh, but other than that not a lot. We're looking tired, hopefully Leeds and Leicester are too.
Login to get fewer ads

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:54 - Apr 12 with 523 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:41 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

I'd personally go with KM. He's a manager if a football club. I'm just a town supporters on a football forum.

You do have a point in that Moore could probably do with a rest, but what option does McKenna have other than risking starting AAH (who I like, but it would be a risk)?

I think McKenna's playing the best he can with the hand he's been dealt.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:08 - Apr 12 with 517 viewspointofblue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:54 - Apr 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

You do have a point in that Moore could probably do with a rest, but what option does McKenna have other than risking starting AAH (who I like, but it would be a risk)?

The other option would be to move Broadhead up top, where he has played before, and bringing in Sarmiento on the left. Thought we might do that against Norwich with Moore's back injury and the management of Al-Hamidi.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:37 - Apr 12 with 497 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:54 - Apr 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

He's got a couple. I see the broadhead one being mentioned but I don't like that option personally

But I would honestly say start with Al hamadi only because at the moment moore is hurting us. Its not his fault yes hit a certain point with his body right now.. so let's just go with the option that will give us some movement and open the pitch up for the first 60 minutes. At the moment moore is too static and defenders are finding it easy to cope so they aren't just coping with him they are able to shut down any potential gaps we would usually take advantage of.

I'll be honest. I've been surprised KM as continued to start with him as It hurts our other forwards and minimises their abilities to do what they do best.

Waka waka eh eh

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:03 - Apr 12 with 486 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 08:43 - Apr 12 by Blue_In_Boston

"We played really well last night..."

What game were you watching? A 15 minute spell in the first half had Watford under the cosh, but other than that not a lot. We're looking tired, hopefully Leeds and Leicester are too.

I was watching the same game as Swanners and we did play really well. "Really well" doesn't just mean creating chances. We also restricted them to very little. There are two teams playing, and Watford have some very good players. It can't always just be non-stop attack.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:04 - Apr 12 with 485 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:08 - Apr 12 by pointofblue

The other option would be to move Broadhead up top, where he has played before, and bringing in Sarmiento on the left. Thought we might do that against Norwich with Moore's back injury and the management of Al-Hamidi.

We tried that before, it didn't work as well as a less-than-fit Moore up top.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:19 - Apr 12 with 474 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 09:37 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

He's got a couple. I see the broadhead one being mentioned but I don't like that option personally

But I would honestly say start with Al hamadi only because at the moment moore is hurting us. Its not his fault yes hit a certain point with his body right now.. so let's just go with the option that will give us some movement and open the pitch up for the first 60 minutes. At the moment moore is too static and defenders are finding it easy to cope so they aren't just coping with him they are able to shut down any potential gaps we would usually take advantage of.

I'll be honest. I've been surprised KM as continued to start with him as It hurts our other forwards and minimises their abilities to do what they do best.

We've seen AAH start on his own up front and that's not worked either. He can't hold it up, it doesn't stick, and you need more than movement. Movement's better against tiring defences. Plus Moore has attributes when defending set pieces.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:43 - Apr 12 with 460 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:19 - Apr 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

We've seen AAH start on his own up front and that's not worked either. He can't hold it up, it doesn't stick, and you need more than movement. Movement's better against tiring defences. Plus Moore has attributes when defending set pieces.

AAH has never started.. unless I'm forgetting it?

Waka waka eh eh

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:51 - Apr 12 with 452 viewsSomethingBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:43 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

He's not fit enough to, we can't get much more out of him than we currently are.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:05 - Apr 12 with 421 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:43 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

You might be right... maybe not starting, but I mean when he's had a lot of minutes.

And as Something says, like Moore, AAH is also managing an injury.

It's not ideal Moore starting but it's the best option.

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:07 - Apr 12 with 419 viewsportmanking

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 10:51 - Apr 12 by SomethingBlue

He's not fit enough to, we can't get much more out of him than we currently are.

I don't know why some people can't get this through their thick skulls?

It's common knowledge AAH needs groin surgery. He's going above and beyond giving us 30 mins per games right now. If we didn't have that, frankly, our promotion bid would probably be in tatters anyhow.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:14 - Apr 12 with 409 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:07 - Apr 12 by portmanking

I don't know why some people can't get this through their thick skulls?

It's common knowledge AAH needs groin surgery. He's going above and beyond giving us 30 mins per games right now. If we didn't have that, frankly, our promotion bid would probably be in tatters anyhow.

I don't see why people can't post without throwing in personal insults tbh. We re just chatting about footy.

KM said he trusts him. So trust him. No one is saying hamadi needs to start and run for 70 minutes.

But if he starts and opens space up in the first half. Then he could quite easily come off at ht.

End of the day moore is part of this attacking set up that hasn't scored in 2 games. Not the end of the world no. But goals win games and we aren't creating anywhere near the number of opportunities we should be.. and moore injured is a big part of that.

So yes we're talking about 2 injured players. Yet ones automatically seem as the better option despite not contributing in a massive way in recent games. ( in this current block of games.)

That's my thoughts anyway
[Post edited 12 Apr 12:28]

Waka waka eh eh

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:16 - Apr 12 with 407 viewsmuccletonjoe

If he hasn't already shown his worth to you. It is high time you went to specsavers
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:18 - Apr 12 with 405 viewsportmanking

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:14 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

I don't see why people can't post without throwing in personal insults tbh. We re just chatting about footy.

KM said he trusts him. So trust him. No one is saying hamadi needs to start and run for 70 minutes.

But if he starts and opens space up in the first half. Then he could quite easily come off at ht.

End of the day moore is part of this attacking set up that hasn't scored in 2 games. Not the end of the world no. But goals win games and we aren't creating anywhere near the number of opportunities we should be.. and moore injured is a big part of that.

So yes we're talking about 2 injured players. Yet ones automatically seem as the better option despite not contributing in a massive way in recent games. ( in this current block of games.)

That's my thoughts anyway
[Post edited 12 Apr 12:28]

Who did I personally insult?

You're one of many calling for AAH to start, don't be so precious.

Yes, KM trusts him. But he doesn't physically have it in him to play for 45 minutes. I know this for a fact.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:23 - Apr 12 with 398 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:18 - Apr 12 by portmanking

Who did I personally insult?

You're one of many calling for AAH to start, don't be so precious.

Yes, KM trusts him. But he doesn't physically have it in him to play for 45 minutes. I know this for a fact.

Neither does moore.

And yes being strong with thick heads etc is a personal insult. Just think it's a bit oTT when we re just discussing the current situation.

Waka waka eh eh

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:28 - Apr 12 with 387 viewsportmanking

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:23 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

Neither does moore.

And yes being strong with thick heads etc is a personal insult. Just think it's a bit oTT when we re just discussing the current situation.

Well, it is a bit dense, frankly.

It's common knowledge he's battling the pain barrier and you're pushing for him to start in a must-win game. Moore is the more battle-hardened, robust player. He starts until he's gassed. It's just not going to happen any other way.
Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:33 - Apr 12 with 371 viewsN2_Blue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:23 - Apr 12 by FrimleyBlue

Neither does moore.

I think you're losing it again Frimmers. Next time you get carted off by Phil it won't be temporary. You were ok for a week or two after your ban but the old Frimmers has resurfacd.

You're free to have opinions even if more often than not they are total nonense but you just don't listen and go on and on when someone makes a valid point to you. This is how you issue with Burns started and the same will no doubt happen again...

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:45 - Apr 12 with 354 viewsFrimleyBlue

Time McKenna shows his worth. on 11:33 - Apr 12 by N2_Blue

I think you're losing it again Frimmers. Next time you get carted off by Phil it won't be temporary. You were ok for a week or two after your ban but the old Frimmers has resurfacd.

You're free to have opinions even if more often than not they are total nonense but you just don't listen and go on and on when someone makes a valid point to you. This is how you issue with Burns started and the same will no doubt happen again...

N2. I'm not sure what offence you take to this, we are openly discussing the situation.there is nothing wrong with my posts and most have agreed that we are basically discussing two injured players. As I said last week just because you personally don't agree with a post of mine doesn't mean I've reverted back to previous. I'm well aware of the line and this thread and my posts within doesn't come anywhere near one. Not sure what burns has to do with we are simply talking about a striker starting over another and again we've all agreed our options are limited. Personally I felt it was a good discussion tbh. Only bit I didn't agree with was the posters thick comment. But apart from that. Was quite a nice discussion/debate.

Apologies you feel its different about my posts.
[Post edited 12 Apr 11:51]

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024