Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… 21:37 - Apr 21 with 5042 viewsSitfcB

…for a game that doesn’t involve us.

Middlesbrough v Leeds ffs.

I know ‘just concentrate on what we do’ etc but we’re at that stage of the season where everything matters.

Come on Boro!

Sad innit.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 21:40 - Apr 21 with 3885 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree, massive game.

Nice knowing we have it in our own hands regardless though.

If Boro could get a point it would be huge.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 21:45 - Apr 21 with 3838 viewsNeedhamChris

Me too. I haven't 100% decided if I'm going to go up to Hull yet, but I'll spend all week getting carried away with the idea of a promotion party on Saturday night if Middlesbrough beat Leeds tomorrow.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 21:53 - Apr 21 with 3762 views_clive_baker_

It’s all very well saying ‘focus on us’ but it’s not our job as supporters to do that, that’s for the players. We’re obviously going to look at other results.

Reality is us needing to win both these away games to keep it in our hands will be very tough IMO. Needing to only win 1 of them feels a lot less tough. Leeds dropping some points between now and this time Friday would be massive for our chances. I would go as far as saying if they get 6 points then they’re then favourites to get over the line. Any less than that and I think we probably are.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 21:54 - Apr 21 with 3744 viewsStewart27

Yep huge.

People pretending otherwise are just kidding themselves. I get it’s in our hands. But I’d rather it be in our hands with a little bit of wiggle room.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 22:08 - Apr 21 with 3611 viewsLankHenners

Same, been getting increasingly nervous about it this weekend as if we're actually playing ffs.

Agree on getting caught up in it - what's the point if you can't let yourself feel every emotion and get yourself involved in every result, every kick of every game?

Good that McKenna has the very singular mindset but imo it's very boring for fans to do the same!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 23:52 - Apr 21 with 3326 viewsjasondozzell

Huge game. Up the Boro!

Think it'll be one of those games where I'm watching standing up from first minute because of being on edge.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 07:27 - Apr 22 with 2918 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Like Forest Green v Wednesday.....but on steroids!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 08:07 - Apr 22 with 2816 viewsEuropablue

Of course I am paying attention to other results, but my outlook is just that any positive result for us is a bonus. I go in fully expecting our rivals to win so it's a nice surprise if they don't. Any result is possible and equally likely in my opinion. Even if Leeds win, I hope they are very tired for the Friday match against QPR who can't afford to rely on others losing.
Login to get fewer ads

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 08:43 - Apr 22 with 2661 viewsSteve_M

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 21:53 - Apr 21 by _clive_baker_

It’s all very well saying ‘focus on us’ but it’s not our job as supporters to do that, that’s for the players. We’re obviously going to look at other results.

Reality is us needing to win both these away games to keep it in our hands will be very tough IMO. Needing to only win 1 of them feels a lot less tough. Leeds dropping some points between now and this time Friday would be massive for our chances. I would go as far as saying if they get 6 points then they’re then favourites to get over the line. Any less than that and I think we probably are.

"I would go as far as saying if they get 6 points then they’re then favourites to get over the line. Any less than that and I think we probably are."

Yeah, that's where I am as well. We certainly can win two big away games in a week - Boro and Watford stands out this season, as does last April - but needing to do that is a lot harder.

Come on Boro.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 08:49 - Apr 22 with 2632 viewstractorboy1978

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 21:53 - Apr 21 by _clive_baker_

For me, tonight is the biggest game that impacts us (without us playing) in as long as I can remember. Had it earmarked for a while and whilst Leicester may have a honking end to the season, it's a shoot out between us and Leeds IMO. If they lose tonight, which feels very possible, 5 points is going to be enough for us. That's a huge pressure release going into two challenging away games. Leeds on the other hand would be under all sort of pressure going to QPR.
[Post edited 22 Apr 8:51]
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 09:22 - Apr 22 with 2476 viewsPioneerBlue

Everyone cool the burners. Ipswich has had a fabulous season to date. It’s such a long hard season in the Championship. Despite the highs and highs and some credit in the bank for the way we have performed, all we have done is put ourselves in a position to cap the season with a promotion!

I’m a living in the reality that few really thought this imaginable. However all outcomes are on the table.

We enter this period in a similar but not exactly same way as we have done all season. We have to work hard for every point and find ways to score goals and win matches. The difference here with the earlier season games is the critical nature of wins and 3 points, early season is points accumulation, there is little margin for error now.

We can do this. IF we were to miss autos this would surely be disappointing at this stage but would then be the playoffs as a viable solid end to season and promotion that way.

Let’s do this for the spirit of Alf, Bobby and those greats that have past. Let’s do this for all the younger fans that have not had the experience of following Ipswich as a top level club. Let’s do this for the current players and coaching group that have delivered so much excellent football and made PR a must see experience.

Caged tigers.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 09:26 - Apr 22 with 2449 views_clive_baker_

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 08:49 - Apr 22 by tractorboy1978

For me, tonight is the biggest game that impacts us (without us playing) in as long as I can remember. Had it earmarked for a while and whilst Leicester may have a honking end to the season, it's a shoot out between us and Leeds IMO. If they lose tonight, which feels very possible, 5 points is going to be enough for us. That's a huge pressure release going into two challenging away games. Leeds on the other hand would be under all sort of pressure going to QPR.
[Post edited 22 Apr 8:51]

I agree completely. To be fair it's been looking like a shoot out between us and Leeds for weeks now, and I don't really think much has changed in that respect. Leicester have faltered but quite honestly regardless of how they get on tomorrow night they'll still likely finish top 2. I can't see them having too many problems against Preston or Blackburn. I think they'll finish on at least 97 points.

Just comes down to who from us and Leeds fares best in these 2 away games really, working on the assumption that we match each others' results on the final day which we probably need to for now. The 2 point lead doesn't mean a great deal if Leeds win both of their games, given their GD, but its massive if they so much as draw one as it means 1 win and 1 defeat would see us still in 2nd going in to Huddersfield. It could of course be even better if they take less than 4 points.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 09:35 - Apr 22 with 2389 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep, this has looked like the pivotal one ever since last Saturday and my view hasn't changed. If Leeds win at a tough venue it feels like a reset for them and you'd have to put them in the box seat; drop any points tonight and our chances look crazily good. It's huge.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 09:44 - Apr 22 with 2326 viewsMetal_Hacker

Come on Boro’ !!!!

Poll: If it were one or the other

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:30 - Apr 22 with 2170 viewstextbackup

Monday - Boro Leeds
Tuesday - Leicester Soton
Wednesday - cov Hull
Friday - qpr Leeds

Atleast Thursday will be relatively stress free

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:31 - Apr 22 with 2163 viewstextbackup

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 21:45 - Apr 21 by NeedhamChris

Me too. I haven't 100% decided if I'm going to go up to Hull yet, but I'll spend all week getting carried away with the idea of a promotion party on Saturday night if Middlesbrough beat Leeds tomorrow.

If you decide not to, I know someone that would happily take your ticket last minute 👍

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:32 - Apr 22 with 2161 viewsportmanking

It's all I can bloody think about. I think I preferred it when we were 11th and could just think about our summer holibobs!

Come on Boro, give us something.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:34 - Apr 22 with 2141 viewstextbackup

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 23:52 - Apr 21 by jasondozzell

Huge game. Up the Boro!

Think it'll be one of those games where I'm watching standing up from first minute because of being on edge.

Every game in involving rivals I watch, rivals seem to get a result.

I’m not going to check any results, texts, social media, until the game is over.

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:37 - Apr 22 with 2119 views_clive_baker_

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:34 - Apr 22 by textbackup

I’m not going to check any results, texts, social media, until the game is over.

Yeah no chance I'm watching tonight. Leeds will be 2-0 up after half an hour if I watch it and I'll end up p1ssed off.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:39 - Apr 22 with 2096 viewsportmanking

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:37 - Apr 22 by _clive_baker_

Yeah no chance I'm watching tonight. Leeds will be 2-0 up after half an hour if I watch it and I'll end up p1ssed off.

See, I'm the opposite, I have to watch every second of what Leeds and Leicester do. I can't bear the thought of sitting there for 2hrs not knowing the score/situation.

Might well turn over if dutty Leeds are 2-0 up after 30 though!
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:39 - Apr 22 with 2093 viewsrkc123

I think Wednesday's Hull v Coventry game is big as well, obviously Leeds dropping points would be massive, but if those two are out of the playoff picture by the time we face them I think that is a real boost, you would have to expect a drop off in intensity, and especially against us where the energy and desire to press is so important it could make the difference.
[Post edited 22 Apr 10:40]
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:40 - Apr 22 with 2087 viewsportmanking

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:39 - Apr 22 by rkc123

I think Wednesday's Hull v Coventry game is big as well, obviously Leeds dropping points would be massive, but if those two are out of the playoff picture by the time we face them I think that is a real boost, you would have to expect a drop off in intensity, and especially against us where the energy and desire to press is so important it could make the difference.
[Post edited 22 Apr 10:40]

Leeds draw or lose
Cov and Hull draw

That'd be the perfect start to our week!
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 10:54 - Apr 22 with 2018 viewsBent_double

In the same way, I won't be watching the Hull game on TV - the games I've watched 'live' this season are:

West Brom - loss
Noj home - draw
Maidstone - loss
Noj away - loss

So I'm sticking to the audio feed for the Hull match

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 11:17 - Apr 22 with 1937 viewsSmithersJones

Southampton losing at the weekend has thankfully removed the possibility that Saints and Leeds can play out a tame draw on the last day of the season and both get promoted, even if we beat Huddersfield.
Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 11:46 - Apr 22 with 1843 viewsLankHenners

Don’t think I’ve ever been so anxious… on 09:26 - Apr 22 by _clive_baker_

I agree completely. To be fair it's been looking like a shoot out between us and Leeds for weeks now, and I don't really think much has changed in that respect. Leicester have faltered but quite honestly regardless of how they get on tomorrow night they'll still likely finish top 2. I can't see them having too many problems against Preston or Blackburn. I think they'll finish on at least 97 points.

Just comes down to who from us and Leeds fares best in these 2 away games really, working on the assumption that we match each others' results on the final day which we probably need to for now. The 2 point lead doesn't mean a great deal if Leeds win both of their games, given their GD, but its massive if they so much as draw one as it means 1 win and 1 defeat would see us still in 2nd going in to Huddersfield. It could of course be even better if they take less than 4 points.

Yeah, think people have been getting a bit carried away with Leicester’s collapse. Obviously if they lost loads in a row and dropped several points behind us then it’s one thing but they ‘only’ fell to be in amongst the scrap and they’ve evidently got enough quality to eke out enough points.

Always bemused me that people thought Leeds beating them a few weeks ago when they really should have won was a good thing. Had that result been flipped we’d almost have a foot in the PL right now.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024