Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? 23:49 - Apr 27 with 2556 viewsunstableblue

Thought Morsy and Luongo just weren’t quite on it.

But overall it’s a great result.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 23:51 - Apr 27 with 2533 viewspointofblue

The most annoying thing about their third goal is I felt we controlled the game pretty well at 3-2. Far better than after our first two goals. It almost felt like Hull were running out of steam then out of nowhere, there it was.

I'd quite like to see Travis start alongside Morsy, and Taylor at ten ahead of Chaplin, on Tuesday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 23:54 - Apr 27 with 2476 views3_5_2

Taylor was excellent

Needs to start games like this

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 00:00 - Apr 28 with 2427 viewsITFCBlues

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 23:54 - Apr 27 by 3_5_2

Taylor was excellent

Far easier to have that impact when Hull are chasing the game and he's got space to run into.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 07:16 - Apr 28 with 2108 viewsiamatractorboy

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 00:00 - Apr 28 by ITFCBlues

Far easier to have that impact when Hull are chasing the game and he's got space to run into.

Yep. As Doc Brown would say, 'you need to think fourth-dimensionally'.
Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 07:40 - Apr 28 with 2034 viewsSwansea_Blue

I couldn’t really tell as I was struggling to watch much of the last 15. But Sam and Mass were as porous as I’ve seen them. More like a sieve than an engine room last night. Hull were excellent at moving the ball quickly though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 07:48 - Apr 28 with 1992 viewscressi

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 07:40 - Apr 28 by Swansea_Blue

I couldn’t really tell as I was struggling to watch much of the last 15. But Sam and Mass were as porous as I’ve seen them. More like a sieve than an engine room last night. Hull were excellent at moving the ball quickly though.

I'm guessing the intensity for the first half was immense and we coped quite well. When fresh legs come on its how you quickly get up to speed both did well its the training and mindset.
Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 08:01 - Apr 28 with 1956 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Hull are a really good team. They have brought in some incredible talent in January, to an already very strong championship team, and they had a full house roaring them on in an absolute must win game. The fact that we led 3 times and overall were the better team just blows your mind considering that 12 months ago we were in L1. Not many Championship games are tougher than last night, so it one of the 5 points we needed to guarantee PL football next season. Astonishing.

Poll: would you rather

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 08:50 - Apr 28 with 1777 viewsWallingford_Boy

Morsy had a shocker….

But I bet he won’t have another like that, watch out Cov.

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Great post Leggers on 08:55 - Apr 28 with 1771 viewsDyland

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 08:01 - Apr 28 by LegendofthePhoenix

Hull are a really good team. They have brought in some incredible talent in January, to an already very strong championship team, and they had a full house roaring them on in an absolute must win game. The fact that we led 3 times and overall were the better team just blows your mind considering that 12 months ago we were in L1. Not many Championship games are tougher than last night, so it one of the 5 points we needed to guarantee PL football next season. Astonishing.

Disappointing at the end there for sure, but there's another facking team and as you say they are good. Great game, great atmosphere, great season still. Hull have if anything underachieved.

Some of our fans need to get a grip. Fed up with listening to grown adults moan and whine like spoiled children. They don't understand football at all and should feck off. I get that people vent on forums but these idiots are also in the ground and ruin it quite frankly.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 08:55 - Apr 28 with 1761 viewsNthQldITFC

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 08:01 - Apr 28 by LegendofthePhoenix

It was a really good game to watch - I can't work out why I feel so chilled, I think it's because I have been confident we'll get the job done since we knew two draws and a win would be enough, and I still am - I really enjoyed that last night, two great teams and a great end of season game.

As KMc says as well, there were some really positive performances in there, so much more energy than there has been over the last month or so. Very encouraged.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 09:01 - Apr 28 with 1729 viewsBuhrer

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 08:55 - Apr 28 by NthQldITFC

It was a really good game to watch - I can't work out why I feel so chilled, I think it's because I have been confident we'll get the job done since we knew two draws and a win would be enough, and I still am - I really enjoyed that last night, two great teams and a great end of season game.

As KMc says as well, there were some really positive performances in there, so much more energy than there has been over the last month or so. Very encouraged.

Absolutely echo both your positions, amazing two seasons, this season actually mind blowing. I've had a week of loving efl champ footy, loads of goals, loads of fun and chat, we look on fire, Hull were tough, Hirst is back, I really believe we will demolish cov and hud.

But if we dont I will not be blubbing and moaning because regardless its been fecking great.. only teenagers with limited perspective complaining in my house.
Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 09:06 - Apr 28 with 1694 viewstextbackup

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 23:54 - Apr 27 by 3_5_2

Taylor was excellent

Think the only thing he done wrong was not looking up when pulling it back to OH, that aside, thought he was excellent

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 09:26 - Apr 28 with 1622 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 09:06 - Apr 28 by textbackup

Think the only thing he done wrong was not looking up when pulling it back to OH, that aside, thought he was excellent

I’d like to have seen him have a go when he put Sarmiento in instead. It wasn’t a bad idea, but the ball wasn’t quite far enough in front of Sarmiento and I’d back Taylor from the edge of the box every time compared to Sarmiento from anywhere. I think we overplayed that a bit and at 2-4 that would have pretty much been game over.

Fine margins. That wasn’t the reason we dropped the points though. Scoring 3 away from home should be enough to win most times. You can’t keep giving away cheap goals and expect to keep getting away with it. Hladky’s been brilliant this season, but had a shocker just when it really counts. A shame for him and us, but I’m sure they won’t dwell on it. On to the next, etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 09:30 - Apr 28 with 1569 viewsFrimleyBlue

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 08:50 - Apr 28 by Wallingford_Boy

Morsy had a shocker….

Difficult game for Morsy.

Apart from on the ball. Off it he had to seriously move to counter the runs of calvalho. Who apart from a couple of occasions.. I didn't feel like he was as dangerous as he could have been and that's down to the work of Morsy. Not only that but he was doubling up with axel alot and being the covering man for any inverted runs.

Quite possibly the busiest game off the ball Morsys had fit a long while.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 11:03 - Apr 28 with 1487 viewsEireannach_gorm

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 09:30 - Apr 28 by FrimleyBlue

Apart from on the ball. Off it he had to seriously move to counter the runs of calvalho. Who apart from a couple of occasions.. I didn't feel like he was as dangerous as he could have been and that's down to the work of Morsy. Not only that but he was doubling up with axel alot and being the covering man for any inverted runs.

Well spotted. Once Axel was on a yellow he was very vulnerable and Morsy worked tirelessly to get in a tackle first. Think the goal was his only aberration.
Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 11:20 - Apr 28 with 1438 viewsBarcaBlue

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 08:50 - Apr 28 by Wallingford_Boy

Morsy had a shocker….

He really didn't have a shocker. He covered well, helped out Tuanzebe and generally got about the pitch well.
Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 11:23 - Apr 28 with 1415 viewsWallingford_Boy

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 11:20 - Apr 28 by BarcaBlue

He really didn't have a shocker. He covered well, helped out Tuanzebe and generally got about the pitch well.

Nah he was off his game last night, not just the goal he gave away, his general game was well below par.

RIP Sir Bobby

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 11:28 - Apr 28 with 1381 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Taylor will have offered a far greater threat than Chaplin.
Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 11:57 - Apr 28 with 1299 viewspointofblue

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 07:40 - Apr 28 by Swansea_Blue

Funnily enough I thought the opposite - that our midfield looked pretty weak and easy to play through at 1-0 and 2-1. They were getting to us far too easily. At 3-2 I thought the game management and control was quite good, and it seemed like we were seeing it out.

I think the loss of Davis was huge, though not sure if he would have done anything differently to Clarke in the build up to the third.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 12:36 - Apr 28 with 1215 viewstextbackup

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 11:28 - Apr 28 by Mach_foreignBlue

Taylor will have offered a far greater threat than Chaplin.

Worries me what has happened to CC.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 13:56 - Apr 28 with 1060 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 12:36 - Apr 28 by textbackup

Worries me what has happened to CC.

Same. Largely very quiet 2024 for him so far.
Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 14:15 - Apr 28 with 997 viewsDJR

I thought Morsy and Luongo did just fine.
Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 14:31 - Apr 28 with 935 viewsWestcountryblue

Few signs Mass's legs are going a bit. We struggled to match Hull's running power in the middle of the pitch yesterday. A few times where they broke lines too easily.
Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 15:25 - Apr 28 with 813 viewsBlueBlood90

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 09:30 - Apr 28 by FrimleyBlue

Also worth remembering that Morsy was still walking the yellow card tightrope too. He's now able to 'take a yellow' against Coventry if needs be without missing the Huddersfield game.

He had a difficult evening but never shied away from taking the ball in vulnerable positions or getting stuck in. A true leader of this club.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Anyone else feel Taylor and Travis really improved the midfield? on 18:02 - Apr 28 with 633 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Morsy had a shocker….

Morsy was playing with the pressure of knowing that a yellow card could lead to a season destroying suspension for us. And then Luongo was yellow carded, so both were having to play within themselves a bit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024