Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From today's Guardian 18:19 - May 1 with 1785 viewsHackneyblueboy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/may/01/brighton-ipswich-kieran-mckenna

Can't see him going if we go up. Brighton are a well run club sure but hardly a giant of English football are they.
From today's Guardian on 18:25 - May 1 with 1650 viewscarlo88

We'll finish above them next season.
From today's Guardian on 18:30 - May 1 with 1603 viewsChurchman

More rubbish to fill the virtual pages. Why on earth would KM go there? They’ve reach their peak and can only go one way. Same with Palace and the likes of West Ham and the rest.

I think McKenna will go only to one of the big six plus maybe Aston Villa or Newcastle. Nothing in it for him anywhere else.
From today's Guardian on 18:30 - May 1 with 1602 viewsJ2BLUE

Can't say I would be massively concerned to be honest as long as we go up.

If we don't, it's a different prospect as that would be a decent job for him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

From today's Guardian on 18:33 - May 1 with 1558 viewsBlueBadger

In the event of us staying down, I could see him being tempted. Going up? Probably more of a sideways move.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

From today's Guardian on 18:35 - May 1 with 1518 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Huge difference between being targeted by Brighton or any other club and him agreeing to leave.

He'll want to see how ambitious the ownership group actually are, if they are as ambitious as we think they are, there's no chance he's leaving.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

From today's Guardian on 18:38 - May 1 with 1471 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

I think it’s too big a gamble for KM to leave Town to move on to a PL side now. The team has been shaped in his image and, while we would certainly need to recruit some new players if we go up, moving to an entirely new club would be difficult.

And anyway, if we go up and fail, he won’t be seen as a write-off due to what he has achieved. Whereas if he jumps elsewhere and doesn’t boss it, he may ruin his reputation for good.
From today's Guardian on 18:46 - May 1 with 1393 viewsblueasfook

If we go up, KM is staying. Isn't he? ISN'T HE?!!! Sob

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

From today's Guardian on 19:04 - May 1 with 1171 viewsDarkBrandon

It would be a very good fit for him, but I think he will stay if we go up. I can’t see a really big team come in for him, and at somewhere like Brighton the pressure would really be on him if they don’t win in their first 4 games.
Login to get fewer ads

From today's Guardian on 19:07 - May 1 with 1141 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

1. I dont think anyone bigger than Brighton will be offering De Zerbi a job on the back of the second half of their season.

2. If we go up, no way is KM jumping ship for Brighton.
[Post edited 1 May 19:07]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

From today's Guardian on 19:19 - May 1 with 986 viewsBloomBlue

He will only move to a big club or Newcastle
From today's Guardian on 19:31 - May 1 with 909 viewsNthQldITFC

From today's Guardian on 18:38 - May 1 by NorthLondonBlue2

I think it’s too big a gamble for KM to leave Town to move on to a PL side now. The team has been shaped in his image and, while we would certainly need to recruit some new players if we go up, moving to an entirely new club would be difficult.

And anyway, if we go up and fail, he won’t be seen as a write-off due to what he has achieved. Whereas if he jumps elsewhere and doesn’t boss it, he may ruin his reputation for good.

I agree there's that side of it from a personal career perspective - he's got things set up here as he wants them, he's got funding available, he can take Town to where Brighton are now and beyond with little personal risk vs. a bit of a leap ahead with Brighton but with added risk of failed integration.

Add to that his integrity and love for the club and area here, I can't see that it makes much sense to go. Before people start banging on about salary jumps, plenty of people are less interested in bigger piles of money than in doing a great job in a great place and I'm pretty certain that KMc's one of them.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

From today's Guardian on 19:40 - May 1 with 845 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

From today's Guardian on 18:30 - May 1 by Churchman

More rubbish to fill the virtual pages. Why on earth would KM go there? They’ve reach their peak and can only go one way. Same with Palace and the likes of West Ham and the rest.

I think McKenna will go only to one of the big six plus maybe Aston Villa or Newcastle. Nothing in it for him anywhere else.

Assuming we go up, I agree on Brighton and Palace but not West Ham, they would definitely worry me if they were to come in for him

The potential there is clear, the squad seems well suited for a progressive manager like McKenna to come in and kick them on and with their stadium etc a budget that we can’t come close to matching. They are only a year removed from winning a European trophy. I don’t think it’s beyond the realms that the right person could achieve something similar to what Emery has done at Villa in the last couple of years

Timing is everything and he may well want to continue the job with us, but if they showed serious interest, I’d be amazed if he wasn’t tempted

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

From today's Guardian on 19:47 - May 1 with 795 viewsjontysnut

From today's Guardian on 18:33 - May 1 by BlueBadger

In the event of us staying down, I could see him being tempted. Going up? Probably more of a sideways move.

It's a cruel business and if he went and Brighton were struggling the board would act. Here, if the same happened I reckon the club would stick by him. It's a great way for him to get some Prem experience if we go up without having to worry to much about the sack - or am I being a bit naive?
From today's Guardian on 20:06 - May 1 with 686 viewsRyorry

Why on earth would he go to a smaller club if we go up?

Even the Gruadian gotta fill its pages with something I suppose, but quite telling that the author’s not Something.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024