Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum 10:00 - May 15 with 3063 viewstextbackup

RE McKenna.

(Actual fans as opposed to the drips on Twitter or Facebook pages)

Cut to the point, from the posts I’d say 50% would take him now, 50% saying see how he goes over next year or two. Didn’t see anyone saying no.

I really hope we have him for atleast the coming season, If he gets us anywhere from 10th - 16th I’d say he’s more than proved his worth in the PL, given us some amazing memories, and wave him off with a tear.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 11:36 - May 15 with 2692 viewsFBI

Yeah, RedCafe seems to be one of the saner ones - and God knows there are plenty worse out there.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 11:39 - May 15 with 2665 viewsportmanking

I think no Town fan would begrudge him moving to manage the club he supported as a boy if he stabilises us in the PL next season.

Then Graham Potter can come in and take us towards the Europa League!
Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 11:47 - May 15 with 2622 views_clive_baker_

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 11:39 - May 15 by portmanking

I think no Town fan would begrudge him moving to manage the club he supported as a boy if he stabilises us in the PL next season.

Personally I wouldn't begrudge him if it happened now tbh. I would be gutted, I might cry and put my fist through the wall, but I wouldn't begrudge him. Opportunities like that don't present themselves every day, and if there's genuine interest he would be foolish not to take it. What's the alternative, to stay here a bit longer to maybe hope to get the same chance again in the future? There's little upside potential to that one and huge downside if United sort themselves out with a long term successor to EtH, or Mckenna's stock falls a bit. It would be gutting but I would respect and understand his decision entirely if it happened. I would expect a couple of ballers on loan next season though!

I still think its a big IF myself. It would be a very ballsy appointment from United, and uncharacteristic. They'll be highly conscious of the investor sentiment and their global brand, for which there are probably some better short term options, but I dare say it would be a very prudent one from a football perspective given what we've seen from the man.
Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 12:12 - May 15 with 2470 viewsBent_double

This sounds about right to me - probably the best we can hope for - but if they do make him and offer, it will be very, very hard for him to say no.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 12:18 - May 15 with 2397 viewsFrimleyBlue

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 11:39 - May 15 by portmanking

Depends when or how long it takes to confirm the move it if happens

We're about to go into our first prem season in 22 years.

If we don't find out until july that he's leaving for utd... that would pss me right off.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 12:45 - May 15 with 2223 viewsstrikalite

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 12:18 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

If we don't find out until july that he's leaving for utd... that would pss me right off.

KM himself would want the time too, it's a massive job for someone right now, a lot of sorting out to do, I honestly think it's too soon, agree with Texters in that if he can prove with us that he's very capable at this next level and we punch well above our weight then that really will make him a strong candidate...

There isn't a vacancy yet...
Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 13:01 - May 15 with 2117 viewsNedPlimpton

It still blows my mind that our manager is wanted by Utd and that a lot of thier fans would very much welcome it

Over the years we've barely had any players linked with prem clubs, let alone a manager
Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 14:46 - May 15 with 1770 viewsStu_Magoo

Man Utd is his dream job, if he gets offered it he'd be mad to say no. Sad for us obvs but I (annoyingly) wouldn't be able to bring myself to begrudge him that.
Login to get fewer ads

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 14:48 - May 15 with 1761 viewsSwansea_Blue

They've changed their tune. I'm pretty sure many were glad to see the back of him two years ago.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 16:39 - May 15 with 1495 viewsLeathersblueblood

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 11:47 - May 15 by _clive_baker_

Personally I wouldn't begrudge him if it happened now tbh. I would be gutted, I might cry and put my fist through the wall, but I wouldn't begrudge him. Opportunities like that don't present themselves every day, and if there's genuine interest he would be foolish not to take it. What's the alternative, to stay here a bit longer to maybe hope to get the same chance again in the future? There's little upside potential to that one and huge downside if United sort themselves out with a long term successor to EtH, or Mckenna's stock falls a bit. It would be gutting but I would respect and understand his decision entirely if it happened. I would expect a couple of ballers on loan next season though!

I still think its a big IF myself. It would be a very ballsy appointment from United, and uncharacteristic. They'll be highly conscious of the investor sentiment and their global brand, for which there are probably some better short term options, but I dare say it would be a very prudent one from a football perspective given what we've seen from the man.

Laughing at "put my fist through a wall" haha brilliant.
Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 16:55 - May 15 with 1421 viewsrickw

I'm not sure if a manager who has just had success in the EFL would have the respect of the Man Utd players - they've shown they pretty much haven't respected any manager much for years!

He would be better off waiting a year or two after establishing us in the PL, not that we'd want him to leave but it will happen eventually....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 17:05 - May 15 with 1378 viewsMookamoo

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 16:55 - May 15 by rickw

I'm not sure if a manager who has just had success in the EFL would have the respect of the Man Utd players - they've shown they pretty much haven't respected any manager much for years!

He would be better off waiting a year or two after establishing us in the PL, not that we'd want him to leave but it will happen eventually....

They don't realise just how important the recruitment of the right type of person has been to our and McKenna's success has been.

Man Utd need to employ Paul Cook to demolish things first, then get McKenna in.
Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 21:16 - May 15 with 1111 viewsBramidan

I’m not sure, as good as he is, is whether he is too young to manage players with ultra egos at a place like Man U.
He has the respect of the players at ITFC would the prima Donna’s on huge salaries respect him?
A huge jump, you can tell the future by looking at history, Sir Booby Robson did the business at ITFC.
Having said that if he is offered the job, it is a once in a lifetime opportunity, who are we to denigrate him if he offered that illustrious opportunity?
I hope he stays but what ever happens I thank him for restoring football to ITFC.
Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 21:43 - May 15 with 1038 viewsWeWereZombies

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 17:05 - May 15 by Mookamoo

They don't realise just how important the recruitment of the right type of person has been to our and McKenna's success has been.

Man Utd need to employ Paul Cook to demolish things first, then get McKenna in.

With the reported 'entire Manchester United squad up for sale' recently I have been fearing that Ten Hag is being forced into the Demolition Man róle and will then be ousted to leave McKenna with a tabula rasa on which to work his magic from the start of next season. Tempering that though I also wonder if McKenna himself will be wary of a top club manager position at this moment in time and will see staying at Town as the best fit for his long term development...taking things one game at a time.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 21:56 - May 15 with 987 viewsMK1

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 12:18 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

Utd's season ends next weekend after the cup final, so pretty sure Ten Hag will be confirmed as staying or going by the Monday. Utd will already know who they are going for, so by the end of that week a statement would be made. Safe to say it will not be McKenna. As good as we know he is, Utd won't take a punt like that at this stage.
Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 22:00 - May 15 with 958 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 12:12 - May 15 by Bent_double

This sounds about right to me - probably the best we can hope for - but if they do make him and offer, it will be very, very hard for him to say no.

The £50 M compensation release clause in his contract would sweeten it slightly though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 22:31 - May 15 with 872 viewsNthQldITFC

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 21:16 - May 15 by Bramidan

I’m not sure, as good as he is, is whether he is too young to manage players with ultra egos at a place like Man U.
He has the respect of the players at ITFC would the prima Donna’s on huge salaries respect him?
A huge jump, you can tell the future by looking at history, Sir Booby Robson did the business at ITFC.
Having said that if he is offered the job, it is a once in a lifetime opportunity, who are we to denigrate him if he offered that illustrious opportunity?
I hope he stays but what ever happens I thank him for restoring football to ITFC.

Sir Bobby (or Sir Booby as you've called him there ) had to have a fist fight in order to take control of the dressing room here, didn't he? KMc was able to get the players onboard here when he joined a third division club (albeit with a fantastic bunch of characters in place). Irrespective of how good he is, would he be able to 'take control' of that Man U dressing room now, state it's in and the size of the egos there, seen as a rookie manager coming form a Championship club, as was? It would certainly be a risk for him at this juncture.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Good thread on MUFCs redcafe forum on 05:50 - May 16 with 666 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I'd say the overriding sentiment on RedCafe is that McKenna needs another year at Ipswich. A few would take him now but a similar number say no they don't rate him (still have memories associating him with the failures under Mourinho and Solskjaer). Not that RedCafe is gonna make the decision, but yes that is the most sensible Man U forum I've come across.
But somehow it seems inevitable - we are Ipswich after all and the football gods will surely conspire to ruin things for us just when it all looks so fantastic.

Poll: would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024