Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract 13:40 - May 22 with 16368 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:02 - May 22 with 3002 viewsfooters

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:47 - May 22 by Kieran_Knows

I'll be amazed if he signs that until things become a bit clearer with Chelsea and United, but here's hoping I'm wrong!

Even for half the money, managing Chelsea right now is a complete hospital pass.

Both them and United need a complete rebuild and I can't see either of them being serious about KM, great though he is.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:03 - May 22 with 2993 viewsBossy

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:49 - May 22 by Zx1988

It's a tricky one, because Kieran seems to hold most of the cards here.

I'm sure Ashton would love to be in a position to say 'the offer's on the table until 5pm Friday', but the club is probably (within reason) going to have to dance to Kieran's tune here.

It's not so much that we can threaten to retract the offer. It's that if he's talking to Brighton (which by all accounts seems like he is), they'll have to get much closer to this offer to get him. Brightons last manager was on 1.5m a year, this is 5m.

Their owner does not like splashing the cash so it plays as well as it could.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:04 - May 22 with 2977 viewsbazza

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:53 - May 22 by Zx1988

De Zerbi was apparently on £1.5m a year at Brighton, so they'd have to really push the boat out if it were to come down to money on offer.

Be a big gamble for Brighton now, if it did go wrong.. hopefully puts them off
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:05 - May 22 with 2941 viewsNthQldITFC

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:58 - May 22 by portmanking

Oh believe me, his agent is doing OVERTIME. It's not gone down too well internally at Town. Nevertheless, the terms are there for Kieran to sign.

I'm not convinced that Kieran is particularly focussed on the money for its own sake, but that the value of this offer is in reinforcing to him (and perhaps more importantly to potential signings) just how serious the owners are about taking us on the next step up to the level of Brighton etc.

It's a gesture of seriousness from the club which will make the top level of English football sit up and take real notice if it's the sixth highest manager salary in the PL. And that is also good for the club all round.

⚔ Long live the Duke of Punuar ⚔
Poll: What Olympic sport/group are you most 'into'?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:05 - May 22 with 2929 viewshoppy

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:58 - May 22 by portmanking

Oh believe me, his agent is doing OVERTIME. It's not gone down too well internally at Town. Nevertheless, the terms are there for Kieran to sign.

And here he is, sorting out the fine details of this blockbuster contract deal...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:10 - May 22 with 2787 viewsIP4_Blue

also just read Brighton are gonna offer him contract in next 24 hours
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:10 - May 22 with 2781 viewsportmanking

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:01 - May 22 by SitfcB

I said a few days ago that all this could be a prise a new deal here but I’d say it doesn’t need prising as he’d get it anyway!!

Let's just say, CAA Base has had the ear of a handful of journos to try and push his name as hard as possible. One being a West Ham-supporting Guardian reporter, naming no names, of course.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:10 - May 22 with 2772 viewsZx1988

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:10 - May 22 by IP4_Blue

Source?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Login to get fewer ads

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:10 - May 22 with 2767 viewsSitfcB

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:10 - May 22 by IP4_Blue

Yeah, it says that in that story as well.

COYB

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:10 - May 22 with 2756 viewshoppy

Surely they can't do that without our permission to speak to him?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:11 - May 22 with 2716 viewsStokieBlue

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:10 - May 22 by hoppy

Surely they can't do that without our permission to speak to him?

I guess if they are willing to meet the buy-out clause then they are allowed to speak to him regardless of what Town say.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:12 - May 22 with 2689 viewsSitfcB

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:10 - May 22 by Zx1988

Source?

It’s in the same story…

‘Ipswich have reacted as they expect an offer from Brighton in the next 24 hours as the south coast club look to replace Roberto De Zerbi’

COYB

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:14 - May 22 with 2612 viewsIllinoisblue

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:56 - May 22 by Swansea_Blue

We've offered the deluxe option haven't we, the board that includes Stilton. I imagine even thrown in a bottle of Port.

I'm a cynic, and although I fully believe KM is behind our project and driven by his desire to achieve high standards, I wouldn't put it passed his agent to be milking (and probably in some cases even creating) all the noise around his future. It's the oldest agent trick in the book using the press to drive up someone's value and earn a nice juicy agent's arranging fee.

Hobnobs thrown in for next round of negotiations. Done deal 🤝

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:14 - May 22 with 2590 viewsStokieBlue

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:12 - May 22 by SitfcB

It’s in the same story…

‘Ipswich have reacted as they expect an offer from Brighton in the next 24 hours as the south coast club look to replace Roberto De Zerbi’

In some ways that's good.

This will be sorted one way or the other within the next few days and then everyone can focus on the new season.

Let's hope it's in Town's favour.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:14 - May 22 with 2595 viewsBasingstokeBlue

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:10 - May 22 by Zx1988

Source?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/28066682/kieran-mckenna-new-ipswich-contract-man-

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:16 - May 22 with 2522 viewsSitfcB

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:14 - May 22 by StokieBlue

This will be sorted one way or the other within the next few days and then everyone can focus on the new season.

SB

I was speaking yesterday and said if he hadn’t gone by the end of the week then he’ll stay.

Does need to be nipped in the bud asap, we can’t keep stressing every day all day and this place needs to go back to normality and everyone arguing

COYB

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:17 - May 22 with 2495 viewsITFCBlues

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:14 - May 22 by StokieBlue

SB

Will it? What about Chelsea and United?

United haven't even sacked their manager yet, may not sign for a few weeks yet!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:18 - May 22 with 2453 viewsSitfcB

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:10 - May 22 by portmanking

Let's just say, CAA Base has had the ear of a handful of journos to try and push his name as hard as possible. One being a West Ham-supporting Guardian reporter, naming no names, of course.

I don’t see McKenna being a bloke liking that sort of stuff though, or at least encouraging it, but suppose it’s his agent so he must agree to it somewhat?

Can’t imagine Ashton is best pleased, about that nor this new contract ‘leak’.

COYB

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:18 - May 22 with 2442 viewsSwansea_Blue

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:05 - May 22 by NthQldITFC

I'm not convinced that Kieran is particularly focussed on the money for its own sake, but that the value of this offer is in reinforcing to him (and perhaps more importantly to potential signings) just how serious the owners are about taking us on the next step up to the level of Brighton etc.

It's a gesture of seriousness from the club which will make the top level of English football sit up and take real notice if it's the sixth highest manager salary in the PL. And that is also good for the club all round.

I suspect he's not driven by the money primarily. His agent most certainly will be. I've never heard of one yet who doesn't put money and their own cut above everything else, including their client's wellbeing. i hate the b*ggers with a passion, as they hold everyone to hostage and have way too much power. But unfortunately understand that they are needed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:19 - May 22 with 2408 viewsportmanking

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:18 - May 22 by SitfcB

I don’t see McKenna being a bloke liking that sort of stuff though, or at least encouraging it, but suppose it’s his agent so he must agree to it somewhat?

Can’t imagine Ashton is best pleased, about that nor this new contract ‘leak’.

He's not liking it at all. Unfortunately, intermediaries show their true colours when they see $$$ on the horizon.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:22 - May 22 with 2326 viewsSitfcB

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:17 - May 22 by ITFCBlues

Will it? What about Chelsea and United?

United haven't even sacked their manager yet, may not sign for a few weeks yet!

As someone alluded to, there’s probably a deadline on signing this deal and not an open ended timeframe.

Ashton and the club will want it sorted ASAP, as would McKenna I suspect. All this talk in the press could’ve just hyped everything up and there was never any chance of McKenna going at all.

COYB

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:23 - May 22 with 2285 viewsChurchman

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:56 - May 22 by Bluroo

Who knows how legit this is but if true absolutely the right move by Ashton, give Kmac a top 6 salary that’ll take 1 variable out of the equation hopefully.

Keeping hold of Kmac is more important than any player signing by a mile.

It’s a Sun article so about as reliable as a Donald Trump testimony.

However, assuming ITFC are offering KM top money to stay, it’s over to him. All that matters to me is that whoever is manager of us is 100% committed to it. If KM has eyes elsewhere for next season, shake hands, say goodbye ASAP and move on. If we faff about with this for too long, any chance we have next season could be wrecked before it starts.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:23 - May 22 with 2268 viewswischip

They're bringing back Blockbusters ?
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:27 - May 22 with 2143 viewsGuthrum

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:19 - May 22 by portmanking

He's not liking it at all. Unfortunately, intermediaries show their true colours when they see $$$ on the horizon.

Altho, at the end of the day, they are McKenna's agents, not his controllers. They can't operate completely independently or directly against his wishes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:28 - May 22 with 2114 viewsVic

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:43 - May 22 by bazza

Now you’re talking !!! Hopefully this was all McKenna wanted .

I doubt very much he's driven by the money alone. It will take assurances about the continued development and investment in the total infrastructure of the club - along the lines that Brighton have done in the last few years. And he'd be right to do that!

If he get's that assurance I think he'll stay.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024