Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract 13:40 - May 22 with 16369 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:28 - May 22 with 2561 viewsStokieBlue

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:17 - May 22 by ITFCBlues

Will it? What about Chelsea and United?

United haven't even sacked their manager yet, may not sign for a few weeks yet!

Personally I don't think those two clubs are this realistic at this point so with that being said it's Brighton that is the issue and this will bring it to a head.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:30 - May 22 with 2534 viewsZx1988

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:28 - May 22 by StokieBlue

Personally I don't think those two clubs are this realistic at this point so with that being said it's Brighton that is the issue and this will bring it to a head.

SB

Also a convenient way of explaining away any delay in tying up an alleged deal with Brighton; McKenna wanting to wait and see if interest from those two materialises.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:30 - May 22 with 2533 viewsVic

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:54 - May 22 by SitfcB

Would we bother offering anything if they thought he was reluctant to sign?

also, if he were to go it puts any applicant for his role here in a strong position to negotiate a higher salary.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:35 - May 22 with 2457 viewsSwansea_Blue

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:19 - May 22 by portmanking

He's not liking it at all. Unfortunately, intermediaries show their true colours when they see $$$ on the horizon.

I've no idea what your sources are (and I'm not prying), but this is reinforcing my view of *hawks into spittoon* agents. It's certainly what I'd expect to be going on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:36 - May 22 with 2422 viewsBellevue_Blue

This was always going to happen and it's great work from all involved if true.

I've always felt like a great manager is well worth what a top player is earning and if Kieran is earning close to £100k a week starting next season, he will have absolutely earned it.

Added to the fact that with any new contract as a premier league manager, you'd almost certainly get a big new comp figure in there that would almost certainly pay for that contract if he jumped in the next few years.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:36 - May 22 with 2416 viewsBasingstokeBlue

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:23 - May 22 by wischip

They're bringing back Blockbusters ?

Can I have a pee please, Bob?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:37 - May 22 with 2372 viewsbazza

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:28 - May 22 by Vic

I doubt very much he's driven by the money alone. It will take assurances about the continued development and investment in the total infrastructure of the club - along the lines that Brighton have done in the last few years. And he'd be right to do that!

If he get's that assurance I think he'll stay.

If there’s talks of other clubs and big money contracts, even if You wanted to stay where you were, when you’ve just dragged a club out Of league 1 to the prem,, increased the value of the club massively, and won them Promotion to the richest league in the world, id certainly be sitting tight lipped and waiting to see what I can get. I’m not saying McKenna is a greedy man, it’s just the nature of the beast. But it also shows the clubs ambition, which I’m sure is another positive for McKenna.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:39 - May 22 with 2335 viewsportmanking

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:27 - May 22 by Guthrum

Altho, at the end of the day, they are McKenna's agents, not his controllers. They can't operate completely independently or directly against his wishes.

That's what you think (!)
Login to get fewer ads

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:40 - May 22 with 2302 viewsvictorywilhappen

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:47 - May 22 by Kieran_Knows

I'll be amazed if he signs that until things become a bit clearer with Chelsea and United, but here's hoping I'm wrong!

Big clubs may have the money but may clamp the family jewels too tightly and make life uncomfortably controlled.

Ipswich allows him to go kamikaze with the family bits.

The family then are more comfortable and happy and want to stay put in Suffolk.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:41 - May 22 with 2287 viewsbazza

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:23 - May 22 by Churchman

It’s a Sun article so about as reliable as a Donald Trump testimony.

However, assuming ITFC are offering KM top money to stay, it’s over to him. All that matters to me is that whoever is manager of us is 100% committed to it. If KM has eyes elsewhere for next season, shake hands, say goodbye ASAP and move on. If we faff about with this for too long, any chance we have next season could be wrecked before it starts.

Totally agree.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:41 - May 22 with 2288 viewsPhilTWTD

Don't think this is true. Have no doubt that if KMc stays then there will be new terms, however.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:43 - May 22 with 2216 viewsleftback

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:41 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Don't think this is true. Have no doubt that if KMc stays then there will be new terms, however.

So not ‘looking increasingly likely he’ll move on’ anymore then Phil?🙏🏻
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:48 - May 22 with 2082 viewsHighgateBlue

This was just clearly going to happen. Up To three credible PL teams sniffing round for him. We want to keep him, we have to show him we want him, and offer him as much as we reasonably can. Release clause or not, he's worth way more to us than (a) anyone would ever pay in compensation, or (b) we'd ever pay him in wages.

Equally, he has been diplomatic and professional in batting off questions, rather than pledging his future to us. He knows that he wants as good an offer from us as possible before he commits, surely?

I think he'll stay, but he'd be mad not to get the best offer out of us that he can, and we'd be mad not to push the boat out and try to tie him down for longer.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:50 - May 22 with 2046 viewsPhilTWTD

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:43 - May 22 by leftback

So not ‘looking increasingly likely he’ll move on’ anymore then Phil?🙏🏻

That's so two days ago! More confident he'll stay now, although would be difficult to turn down Man U or Chelsea should those links prove to be firm interest, which I'm not sure they will be.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:51 - May 22 with 1994 viewsfooters

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:50 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

That's so two days ago! More confident he'll stay now, although would be difficult to turn down Man U or Chelsea should those links prove to be firm interest, which I'm not sure they will be.

Maybe they'll look at Farke instead.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:54 - May 22 with 1925 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:50 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Never been so glad to hear a reliable source say they were (hopefully) wrong!
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:54 - May 22 with 1917 viewsArmaghBlue

If he refuses this “offer” then least we know where we stand.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:59 - May 22 with 1802 viewsBlueNomad

Interesting that so many people profess to know how much football managers are being offered when a new contract is put on the table as it is a private matter between two parties.

I don't recall MA saying, "we are going to offer the manager £x pa."
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 15:00 - May 22 with 1777 viewsPhilTWTD

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:51 - May 22 by footers

Maybe they'll look at Farke instead.

Might well be available after Sunday. Same with Russell Martin, who Brighton appear to have some interest in. Is from Brighton apparently.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 15:02 - May 22 with 1739 viewsIP4_Blue

What makes you confident he will stay? You think he has turned down Brighton?
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 15:03 - May 22 with 1707 viewsWickwar_Blue

Until McKenna’s views on salad cream are established I am remaining on the fence as to whether this is a good deal or not.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 15:03 - May 22 with 1706 viewsbluelagos

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 13:44 - May 22 by Zx1988

If you want to avoid clicking through to The Scum, it's allegedly a wage increase to £100k a week/£5m a year. No mention of length/extension.

Thx

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 15:03 - May 22 with 1695 viewsWeirdFishes

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 15:00 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Might well be available after Sunday. Same with Russell Martin, who Brighton appear to have some interest in. Is from Brighton apparently.

At least Russell wouldn’t be able to bottle promotion from the Premier League.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 15:05 - May 22 with 1649 viewsPhilTWTD

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 14:54 - May 22 by LA_Tractor_Boy

Never been so glad to hear a reliable source say they were (hopefully) wrong!

Not out of the woods, so to speak, but certainly the mood music is less towards a move to Brighton than was the case.
IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 15:05 - May 22 with 1638 viewsPhilTWTD

IPSWICH have offered Kieran McKenna a blockbuster new contract on 15:02 - May 22 by IP4_Blue

What makes you confident he will stay? You think he has turned down Brighton?

Conversations I've had over the last couple of days.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024