Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Silence is Deafening. 08:18 - May 24 with 4792 viewsOldFart71

With all this speculation regarding McKenna the silence from the club is deafening. In my humble opinion they should be issuing a statement saying it as it is. This, after all the euphoria of Promotion has really kicked the guts out of the excitement. Put the club in a bad light and reading the comments not done McKenna any favours either. Of course he should have time and a deserved holiday and his achievements will forever be regarded as some of the best in the history of ITFC. But we need to know what is happening otherwise the speculation will continue and certainly take the gloss off recent achievements.
The Silence is Deafening. on 08:24 - May 24 with 3125 viewsMattinLondon

The club doesn’t have to say anything as it’s not their responsibility to placate fans or to address rumours.

These rumours are fuelled in part, by activity on here.
The Silence is Deafening. on 08:26 - May 24 with 3097 viewsHerbivore

As I mentioned on another thread, what do you expect a statement to actually say? He's going (that's not certain)? He's staying (that's not certain either)? He may stay or go (we already know that)? It's been a few days of press speculation, this will all play out soon.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Silence is Deafening. on 08:28 - May 24 with 3065 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

The silence is deafening because there isn't anything to report really is there. I'm not sure what the club/Ashton could come out and say that changes anything we don't know.

What we know is he's in demand. What we also know is that he's still contracted as manager of Ipswich. Everything else is speculation on how advanced something is and what not because he's the hot topic in football at the moment and the main storyline in the media - even with the FA Cup final tomorrow.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

The Silence is Deafening. on 08:29 - May 24 with 3062 viewsbsw72

Until there is something concrete to announce there is no benefit saying anything - I'd be curious to know what you think they should say . . . none of the clubs involved have said anything, it is all press and fan generated noise.
The Silence is Deafening. on 08:31 - May 24 with 3026 viewsHelp

There is nothing for them to say. He is currently manager of ITFC. The club has not been approached by any other club asking to speak to Kieran. Kieran's representatives have allegedly been in speaking with other clubs.

The club is not in a bad light they have done nothing wrong. There is no such thing as bad news. Whatever happens, if Kieran is going elsewhere none of this will alter his perception. He is clearly aware of what is going on.

We have been advised the club has offered Kieran a better deal. This has not come from the club.

We do know what is happening because of the media. How much of it is factual is anyone's guess.

If the club make an announcement, what is stopping that being changed within hours/days/weeks.

Think if it like the MOT on your car, or a service. That day it passes the test. However the following day/ week/month something could go wrong.

It is not nice news, but that is what happens when you are in the Prem with a quality manager/players. speculation is rife. We just have not had to deal with something like this. We don't like it. We cant handle it.
The Silence is Deafening. on 09:39 - May 24 with 2850 viewsCheltenham_Blue

As a reminder. There was silence from the club last season when he was being heavily linked with Leicester, until he signed a new contract.

Same when he was being linked with, and his agent was talking to Palace.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The Silence is Deafening. on 09:41 - May 24 with 2829 viewsTrequartista

Club Statement.

"We hereby declare that Kieran McKenna will be Ipswich manager next season unless he receives an offer from another club that he decides to accept"

Is that ok?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The Silence is Deafening. on 09:42 - May 24 with 2829 viewsPhilTWTD

The club isn't going to say anything until matters are resolved one way or another. No point in feeding the media frenzy on the one hand and danger of looking foolish as the situation develops on the other.
Login to get fewer ads

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:08 - May 24 with 2683 viewsvictorysquad

The Silence is Deafening. on 09:42 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

The club isn't going to say anything until matters are resolved one way or another. No point in feeding the media frenzy on the one hand and danger of looking foolish as the situation develops on the other.

Does anyone know whether he is actively trying to force a move? I mean, has he already left in his head? Is it an unretrievable situation?
The Silence is Deafening. on 10:09 - May 24 with 2658 viewsTrequartista

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:08 - May 24 by victorysquad

Does anyone know whether he is actively trying to force a move? I mean, has he already left in his head? Is it an unretrievable situation?

I think he could resign if he wanted to force a move? We'd get £0 compensation then.

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:12 - May 24 with 2611 viewspointofblue

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:09 - May 24 by Trequartista

I think he could resign if he wanted to force a move? We'd get £0 compensation then.

That would be cutting off his nose to spite his face - if he resigns then isn't offered any of the available roles. Admittedly, he probably wouldn't be out of a job for long.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:12 - May 24 with 2606 viewsHerbivore

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:09 - May 24 by Trequartista

I would imagine if he resigned and joined another club within a set timeframe we'd still get compensation, otherwise that would be a massive and very easy loophole that managers and clubs could exploit to avoid paying compo.

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:13 - May 24 with 2598 viewsibbleobble

Never understood that phrase. Silence is peaceful unlike this forum over the last ten days.
The Silence is Deafening. on 10:14 - May 24 with 2571 viewsTrequartista

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:12 - May 24 by pointofblue

That would be cutting off his nose to spite his face - if he resigns then isn't offered any of the available roles. Admittedly, he probably wouldn't be out of a job for long.

I'm thinking more of if he has been offered a job and he is trying to force a move for whatever reason, for example the new club don't want to pay the compensation.

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:16 - May 24 with 2539 viewsTrequartista

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:12 - May 24 by Herbivore

I would imagine if he resigned and joined another club within a set timeframe we'd still get compensation, otherwise that would be a massive and very easy loophole that managers and clubs could exploit to avoid paying compo.

I would assume that too. I think it has happened previously, but the transition has been more subtle (several weeks in between), and there has been no evidence of compensation being avoided.

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:22 - May 24 with 2474 viewsdelias_cheesy_flaps

No we don't 'need to know' and have no entitlement to know either.

People need to get a grip on reality, and that won't come by reading unsubstantiated waffle from this forum or the press!

Blog: This Might Rub You Up the Wrong Way, it Might Not!

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:27 - May 24 with 2417 viewstrncbluearmy

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:14 - May 24 by Trequartista

I'm thinking more of if he has been offered a job and he is trying to force a move for whatever reason, for example the new club don't want to pay the compensation.

The "I've been loyal"comment would not have gone unnoticed it sent a clear message, he feels he owes Ipswich nothing.

His reps then tap up and make public contact with various clubs some even having managers in place (I wonder how managers who voted him manager of the year feel about that)

For me he's crossed the line,even if he stays how can he be trusted?
No one is irreplaceable.

Ashton will be aware of this,he's nobodies fool and our true "superpower", he will have replacements lined up ready to take ITFC to the next level
[Post edited 24 May 10:28]
The Silence is Deafening. on 11:03 - May 24 with 2281 viewsPhilTWTD

The Silence is Deafening. on 10:08 - May 24 by victorysquad

As far as I'm aware, if he left here it would be with a heavy heart, he's far from desperate to move on. Opportunities evidently being explored by his representatives, who I think may be less keen on him staying here than he is.
The Silence is Deafening. on 11:06 - May 24 with 2237 viewsHelp

The Silence is Deafening. on 11:03 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

As far as I'm aware, if he left here it would be with a heavy heart, he's far from desperate to move on. Opportunities evidently being explored by his representatives, who I think may be less keen on him staying here than he is.

But if Kieran is happy to stay tell his reps to stop, or get new reps. Why are the reps dictating the way things are moving. Seems strange to me
The Silence is Deafening. on 11:13 - May 24 with 2164 viewsvictorysquad

Can we not just pay the agents the commission they would receive if he moved? They must be able to see a move right now could go badly wrong for him.

Everything he needs is here for him. Ashton just need to ensure we are giving him and his team what they need to be successful. I think if he can see a clear path to success here (in the Premier League) it makes the decision to stay a lot easier. So I do hope they are saying to him 'what do you need'.
The Silence is Deafening. on 11:15 - May 24 with 2144 viewsbluesbrothers

How does this work in reality though? Surely they are in constant communication and he is the client and so he has authority over them to act as he wants?
The Silence is Deafening. on 11:18 - May 24 with 2102 viewsMattinLondon

If that’s the case then KM seems intelligent and determined enough to remind his representatives that they work for him rather than the other way round.

Guess it’s a case of wait and see.
The Silence is Deafening. on 11:18 - May 24 with 2101 viewstrncbluearmy

The Silence is Deafening. on 11:06 - May 24 by Help

But if Kieran is happy to stay tell his reps to stop, or get new reps. Why are the reps dictating the way things are moving. Seems strange to me

Exactly

Sure I'm not the only to have from the guys a god and can do no wrong to don't trust him hope he goes

He needs to put a stop to this now and if there really is a fantastic offer on the table sign it.
Not exactly the end of the world is it?!
[Post edited 24 May 11:19]
The Silence is Deafening. on 11:25 - May 24 with 2004 viewsGuthrum

As an analogy, I've recently been involved in hiring some solicitors to act on behalf of me and others. Despite repeated instructions and communications, they've not been doing the stuff they're being paid an eyewatering fee for, plus making numerous mistakes.

Moral of the tale: People you hire don't always do what you want, in the way you want, or on the timescale desired. Changing or getting rid of them is also not necessarily quick or easy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Silence is Deafening. on 11:25 - May 24 with 2000 viewsHerbivore

Reps are just trying to get him a concrete (and financially massive) offer, this is in their interests as well as potentially his. The stories have a life of their own now, for all we know he's told his reps to back off and they have, but the genie is out of the bottle already.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024