Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? 09:43 - Jun 11 with 4839 viewsbluelagos

So all the main parties are launching their manifestos this week.

Aside from taxes, public services and migration, what one policy are you hoping to see?

For me, was pleased to see the Liberals commit to introducing a long overdue duty of candour for police officers.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 10:04 - Jun 11 with 2167 viewsSwansea_Blue

Difficult to pin it down to one given that virtually everything that's normally under the government's influence has gone backwards over the last 14 years.

If I had to choose one it would be based around the green economy. We need a bold vision based around sustainability, environmental protections and reducing carbon emissions, whilst simultaneously growing the UK's expertise in these areas to provide employment opportunities.

Climate change is the largest and likely costliest challenge facing society, I don't want to swim amongst turds, I don't want to see the current rate of extinctions accelerate and if the investment's there it should be possible to grow an industry from the underpinning research and development all the way through to the planners, engineers, fitters and other doers. We should be able to manage environment and prosperity, not focus on one at the expense of the other.

i'm not holding my breath.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 10:34 - Jun 11 with 2122 viewsbrazil1982

Tougher sentences for geography teachers.
Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 10:36 - Jun 11 with 2118 viewsleitrimblue

Will somebody please legalise weed
Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 10:46 - Jun 11 with 2106 viewsweepingx2018

Reversing Brexit. Gets my vote.
Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 10:53 - Jun 11 with 2086 viewsleitrimblue

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 10:34 - Jun 11 by brazil1982

A fair request
Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 10:55 - Jun 11 with 2073 viewsbluelagos

An observational study of the locations for bringing fish produce to market?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 11:00 - Jun 11 with 2051 viewsBlueNomad

Ban ALL types of hunting. There is no need for a cruel "sport" which involves terrorising and then killing (often by disembowelment) for the entertainment of people who must have psychopathic tendencies.

(It has been promised in the Labour manifesto so hopefully we'll see it)
Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 11:25 - Jun 11 with 2018 viewsSwansea_Blue

At last something to unite the country!

Down with those fake leather patches on the elbows of corduroy jackets.

Login to get fewer ads

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 11:27 - Jun 11 with 2010 viewsSwansea_Blue

What I wasn't expecting today was for Starmer to say that the Tories had a manifesto like Jeremy Corbyn's. This is making my head hurt already. How long have we got left?

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 11:33 - Jun 11 with 1994 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

- abolish VAR in the PL
- ban on teams playing in green and yellow
- public flogging for anyone other then Ipswich fans using a ‘pride of Anglia banner’
Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:17 - Jun 11 with 1940 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Be great if they increased Marriage Allowance to more than just 10%.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:18 - Jun 11 with 1933 viewsGlasgowBlue

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 11:27 - Jun 11 by Swansea_Blue

What I wasn't expecting today was for Starmer to say that the Tories had a manifesto like Jeremy Corbyn's. This is making my head hurt already. How long have we got left?

“They are building a Jeremy Corbyn style manifesto, where anything you want can go in it, none of it is costed. It’s a recipe for more of the same.”

He says their plan is "load everything into the wheelbarrow, don't provide the funding and hope that nobody notices. And the money isn't there."

I'm pretty certain Starmer stood on that manifest in 2019.

[Post edited 11 Jun 12:20]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:23 - Jun 11 with 1890 viewsStokieBlue

Listening to Sunak he's still repeating the discredited 2000 GBP extra tax soundbite. Outright lying like this shouldn't be allowed really.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:31 - Jun 11 with 1852 viewsgiant_stow

Mine's not going to happen, but I'd want the big house building companies nationalised.

I'd take Leitrim's suggestion as a good second best though.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:33 - Jun 11 with 1825 viewsReus30

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:23 - Jun 11 by StokieBlue

Listening to Sunak he's still repeating the discredited 2000 GBP extra tax soundbite. Outright lying like this shouldn't be allowed really.

SB

As much as I like to criticise the BBC verify thing has been good (and almost quite funny).

For me, I want a policy that holds politicians and there cronies to account when public spending goes awry.

Justification of overspend, expenses laid out in clear detail and further transparency in the whole model really. As each manifesto comes out, they all have massive funding holes in. No point over-promising if you can't deliver.
Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:35 - Jun 11 with 1808 viewspositivity

SB

this really should be a policy; independent fact checkers and compulsory retractions

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:36 - Jun 11 with 1787 viewsElephantintheRoom

Meanwhile here in France an election is called at the weekend and will take place in two weeks time.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:37 - Jun 11 with 1786 viewsgiant_stow

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:36 - Jun 11 by ElephantintheRoom

Meanwhile here in France an election is called at the weekend and will take place in two weeks time.

WHat's your opinion on what will happen over there?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:37 - Jun 11 with 1786 viewspositivity

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:31 - Jun 11 by giant_stow

Mine's not going to happen, but I'd want the big house building companies nationalised.

that's a good one, i'd probably start with water, but it's all linked (house builders often don't factor in extra sewage needs with the water companies)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:38 - Jun 11 with 1777 viewsWD19

Capital punnishment for littering would be a bold call, but one I would support.
Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:42 - Jun 11 with 1760 viewsleitrimblue

Both excellent suggestions.
We should form our own political party
Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:42 - Jun 11 with 1759 viewsJammyDodgerrr

SB

Thought this was a good article on it;

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/jun/10/tories-keep-repeat

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:43 - Jun 11 with 1755 viewsPinewoodblue

Doubt we can afford to nationalise building companies but we could certainly regulate them better. Not keen on the very large developments that we currently see with just one developer involved. They seem to regulate supply to meet demand and to maximise profit.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:44 - Jun 11 with 1745 viewsStokieBlue

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:42 - Jun 11 by JammyDodgerrr

Thought this was a good article on it;

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/jun/10/tories-keep-repeat

Yes, I saw that this morning. Thought this was a key paragraph:

"The lesson that’s been learned isn’t just that lies work: it’s that lies have no consequence except that they work; you pay no electoral penalty; you can still move freely in the realms of the non-liars; you’ll still be invited on Question Time, much more often, in fact, than people who tell the truth."

Something needs to change but hard to know what can change to stop it.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Manifesto week. Policy you want to see? on 12:45 - Jun 11 with 1740 viewslowhouseblue

what would you get for your £27 billion that you can't get in other ways? eg place a tax on land banks if work doesn't start after planning is obtained?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024