Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New sponsor 22:02 - Nov 19 with 5972 viewswrightsrightglove

Any guesses who were a fair way down the line with? I’m assuming it’ll be a company with local links.

Adnams?
Green King?
MSC?
Uni of Suffolk?
0
New sponsor on 22:05 - Nov 19 with 4948 viewsRonFearonsHair

Perhaps it was a subtle play on words and David Coote is going to invest in some positive publicity.
0
New sponsor on 22:06 - Nov 19 with 4936 viewswrightsrightglove

New sponsor on 22:05 - Nov 19 by RonFearonsHair

Perhaps it was a subtle play on words and David Coote is going to invest in some positive publicity.


As long as he keeps his job and refs a few of our games each season I’m in!
0
New sponsor on 22:09 - Nov 19 with 4898 viewsDubtractor

The Hot Sausage Company

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

5
New sponsor on 22:11 - Nov 19 with 4880 viewsSitfcB

MSC or Halo I reckon.

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

3
New sponsor on 22:22 - Nov 19 with 4781 viewsCheltenham_Blue

New sponsor on 22:11 - Nov 19 by SitfcB

MSC or Halo I reckon.


I think it'll be a big US company personally.

Poll: If we were to spend £200m would you rather

2
New sponsor on 22:25 - Nov 19 with 4741 viewsmutters

Winalot

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

2
New sponsor on 22:27 - Nov 19 with 4710 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

MSC
Tingly Ted's
First Bus
Leo Muff

Poll: Which Sheffield Team do you prefer?

0
New sponsor on 22:36 - Nov 19 with 4631 viewsChurchman

Magical Vegas? For old times sake. That sponsorship was excruciating. How about Donald Trump Enterprises?

Seriously MSC? Maybe an American company looking for an in on U.K. football that we don’t know about?
1
Login to get fewer ads

New sponsor on 23:16 - Nov 19 with 4468 viewsIllinoisblue

Snoasis front of shirt. Ipswich Underground sleeve sponsor.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

3
New sponsor on 07:27 - Nov 20 with 4054 viewsWeWereZombies

Colmans ?

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

0
New sponsor on 08:03 - Nov 20 with 3937 viewswrightsrightglove

New sponsor on 22:22 - Nov 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think it'll be a big US company personally.


Could the Americans use one of their other companies to sponsor the shirt and therefore inflate the price a bit or is that a no go?
0
New sponsor on 08:09 - Nov 20 with 3907 viewsnrb1985

New sponsor on 08:03 - Nov 20 by wrightsrightglove

Could the Americans use one of their other companies to sponsor the shirt and therefore inflate the price a bit or is that a no go?


Think that loophole is now closed. Any commercial deals have to be at fair market value.
1
New sponsor on 08:16 - Nov 20 with 3879 viewsBloomBlue

The club is in discussion with these three American companies for the front of shirt sponsorship.

Kum & Go
Passmore Gas & Propane
STD Contractors
-2
New sponsor on 08:18 - Nov 20 with 3865 viewsPrideOfTheEast

New sponsor on 08:03 - Nov 20 by wrightsrightglove

Could the Americans use one of their other companies to sponsor the shirt and therefore inflate the price a bit or is that a no go?


Think the idea is that it’s an existing partner and/or local name. Presumably MSC or Greene King.

Edit - is Greene King permitted?
[Post edited 20 Nov 2024 8:20]
-1
New sponsor on 08:27 - Nov 20 with 3810 viewsCheltenham_Blue

New sponsor on 23:16 - Nov 19 by Illinoisblue

Snoasis front of shirt. Ipswich Underground sleeve sponsor.


Theres only one shirt that deserved Snoasis on the front of it.


Poll: If we were to spend £200m would you rather

1
New sponsor on 08:35 - Nov 20 with 3742 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It'll be interesting to see who we do get, of those with local links I think only MSC have the capital to be able to do it.

We reputedly get about £4m from Ed, but I think it's significantly less than that, and 1m from Halo, (£5m annually, the lowest in the league).

Knowing Ashton and the owners, we'll be looking to get a similar level of sponsorship to clubs like Wolves, Fulham, Palace and Brighton (12-14m annually), however, 3 of those 4 get their sponsorship from betting companies. Its going to be really difficult to get to that level and avoid betting companies.

Poll: If we were to spend £200m would you rather

0
New sponsor on 08:40 - Nov 20 with 3711 viewsBlueBadger

I not interested in who was in the running, I'm interested in who IS in the running....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: How did you do the England game?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

0
New sponsor on 08:46 - Nov 20 with 3666 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

New sponsor on 08:40 - Nov 20 by BlueBadger

I not interested in who was in the running, I'm interested in who IS in the running....


IS that supposed to be a hint?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

0
New sponsor on 08:50 - Nov 20 with 3637 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

New sponsor on 08:18 - Nov 20 by PrideOfTheEast

Think the idea is that it’s an existing partner and/or local name. Presumably MSC or Greene King.

Edit - is Greene King permitted?
[Post edited 20 Nov 2024 8:20]


I guess you could argue that GK are a pub / restaurant operator, and not solely a supplier of alcoholic drinks?

Might be allowed?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

0
New sponsor on 08:54 - Nov 20 with 3591 viewsFrimleyBlue

New sponsor on 08:09 - Nov 20 by nrb1985

Think that loophole is now closed. Any commercial deals have to be at fair market value.


Didn't Man City win against the prem about that issue, so it's actually not a closed loophole?

Waka Waka
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

0
New sponsor on 09:08 - Nov 20 with 3524 viewsiamipswich

I'd like it to be MSC. A local company (HQ in Geneva I know) worth billions of dollars who are far more ethical than a betting company. (Although using them with work, sending commodities around the world, they're no angels).

Also feel there could be some good brand creativity there.

Poll: Who will return first?

-1
New sponsor on 09:28 - Nov 20 with 3376 viewswithyblue

I expect Halo. Local company, can probably afford it given they also sponsor McLaren. Will want to be trying to advertise to US market.
0
New sponsor on 09:55 - Nov 20 with 3238 viewstommcd

New sponsor on 22:22 - Nov 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think it'll be a big US company personally.


I'm pretty sure I heard a Mark Ashton interview in the past month or two where he hinted that we'd be seeing a push to promote the Club in the US market, so a US based shirt sponsor would make sense.

Elsewhere in thread Adnams is mentioned; I've always thought that would be a good local collaboration with a local company done good, a brand that's available internationally (certainly seen it in plenty of US supermarkets). But recently not doing so well financially, and I don't think you're allowed Alcohol related sponsors on kids kits, so might not be ideal. Also wouldn't sit well with Greene King's sponsorship / partnership.

Ford could be a good one, internationally relevant / recognised, particularly in US and UK, the colour's right, and they make tractors! A relative suggested John Deere due to the US recognition and Tractor link, but didn't consider the colours of the brand, yellow and green, so that's almost certainly a 'nope'!

Poll: Ashton In? Out? Why?

0
New sponsor on 10:18 - Nov 20 with 3123 viewstivo

Adnams are scummers.

MSC seems most likely, Halo are bounding up all the tech ratings. On the tech front OSC could be an option as well.
0
New sponsor on 10:22 - Nov 20 with 3103 viewsTrequartista

Give it Shirley Shelley 10 year contract.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026