Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting into the ground last night 17:10 - Aug 5 with 6657 viewspedrail

I wasn't at the game, but a friend who was there said that there were major queues, and some people didn't get into the ground until 10 minutes after kick-off. It took a while for the machine to recognise the phones, and it was especially a pain for families with multiple members on one phone.

Any further insights into this? It seems that we should turn up with plenty of time to spare for the Sunderland game.
0
Getting into the ground last night on 17:16 - Aug 5 with 5111 viewsSitfcB

Fine when we went through in the Cobbold, straight in, which is unusual for the Cobbold but obviously a reduced crowd but then it was about 20/25 mins before KO…

The turnstiles aren’t really fit for purpose though, as mentioned earlier there’s still a bloke in there that has to press the pedal for the gate to ‘unlock’ - slows the process down a bit.
[Post edited 5 Aug 17:16]

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

1
Getting into the ground last night on 17:16 - Aug 5 with 5104 viewsBloomBlue

If it helps when Arsenal went live with this model at the 1st game a lot of fans were still on the outside waiting to get in 20-25 minutes after kickoff. I believe the expression was; it was a f**king nightmare...

Obviously a lot of the problems were caused by too many fans only arriving 15-20 mins before kick-off
4
Getting into the ground last night on 17:18 - Aug 5 with 5064 viewsmistert

I wouldn't say there were any major queues in the South Stand at about 15 mins before kick-off but that was with the upper tier closed. Maybe it was worse in the Cobbold.
2
Getting into the ground last night on 17:19 - Aug 5 with 5056 viewsMillsTash

A case of people not following the simple guidelines to add to your phone. It really is simple.

Last night people were screenshotting their ticket and trying to get in that way🫠
1
Getting into the ground last night on 17:29 - Aug 5 with 4922 viewsswede

Getting into the ground last night on 17:19 - Aug 5 by MillsTash

A case of people not following the simple guidelines to add to your phone. It really is simple.

Last night people were screenshotting their ticket and trying to get in that way🫠


Sorry to be dim, but are you saying that screenshotting the ticket won't work in future.
For the last couple of seasons I have always done this as the phone signal at the ground is poor.
PS, I don't have a season ticket.
0
Getting into the ground last night on 17:31 - Aug 5 with 4868 viewsSitfcB

Getting into the ground last night on 17:29 - Aug 5 by swede

Sorry to be dim, but are you saying that screenshotting the ticket won't work in future.
For the last couple of seasons I have always done this as the phone signal at the ground is poor.
PS, I don't have a season ticket.


They’re contactless tickets. Works like your Apple Pay. No QR code.

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

0
Getting into the ground last night on 17:31 - Aug 5 with 4874 viewsSheffordBlue

Getting into the ground last night on 17:29 - Aug 5 by swede

Sorry to be dim, but are you saying that screenshotting the ticket won't work in future.
For the last couple of seasons I have always done this as the phone signal at the ground is poor.
PS, I don't have a season ticket.


Yes - you download the ticket to your Apple/Google Wallet. Once it's there you don't need a mobile phone signal to use it - so can download at home, etc well in advance.

Poll: What % of our full potential are we currently playing at?

1
Getting into the ground last night on 17:32 - Aug 5 with 4867 viewsDeano69

Getting into the ground last night on 17:29 - Aug 5 by swede

Sorry to be dim, but are you saying that screenshotting the ticket won't work in future.
For the last couple of seasons I have always done this as the phone signal at the ground is poor.
PS, I don't have a season ticket.


Unfortunately it wont. Needs to be in a 'Wallet' a smartphone to be read electronically and not scanned. There are some special circumstances where you can appeal to see if you could use an alternative method. Last night they did offer a printed/scanned option but it is being withdrawn

Poll: Best Tin of Chocolates

0
Login to get fewer ads

Getting into the ground last night on 17:33 - Aug 5 with 4842 viewsSouperJim

Getting into the ground last night on 17:29 - Aug 5 by swede

Sorry to be dim, but are you saying that screenshotting the ticket won't work in future.
For the last couple of seasons I have always done this as the phone signal at the ground is poor.
PS, I don't have a season ticket.


It's a contactless ticket, uses NFC. It's not a barcode anymore.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

0
Getting into the ground last night on 17:36 - Aug 5 with 4803 viewsredrickstuhaart

Getting into the ground last night on 17:32 - Aug 5 by Deano69

Unfortunately it wont. Needs to be in a 'Wallet' a smartphone to be read electronically and not scanned. There are some special circumstances where you can appeal to see if you could use an alternative method. Last night they did offer a printed/scanned option but it is being withdrawn


I do not and will not use "google wallet" or similar.

Oh well...

Poll: Will the US Mid terms get cancelled or "postponed"?

0
Getting into the ground last night on 17:47 - Aug 5 with 4612 viewsDubtractor

We got to the ground at about 7:15 and there were huge queues at every turnstile for cobbold stand.

Last night was old style QR code tickets, so can't blame the technology.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

0
Getting into the ground last night on 17:59 - Aug 5 with 4456 viewsblueden60

Getting into the ground last night on 17:47 - Aug 5 by Dubtractor

We got to the ground at about 7:15 and there were huge queues at every turnstile for cobbold stand.

Last night was old style QR code tickets, so can't blame the technology.


Yes you can. Two people in front of me, the ticket on their phone wasnt being recognised and they were getting a bit annoyed but when they eventually opened the turnstile for them , I went in using a print at home ticket without any problem
-1
Getting into the ground last night on 18:06 - Aug 5 with 4351 viewspedrail

Getting into the ground last night on 17:36 - Aug 5 by redrickstuhaart

I do not and will not use "google wallet" or similar.

Oh well...


Why not? It is a simple thing to do, and you don't need to use it for anything else other than your ticket. Many people add a card to their wallet and use it to make payments, but it's not required. If you prefer not, you can use the wallet solely for non-payment items.
3
Getting into the ground last night on 18:08 - Aug 5 with 4298 viewsDubtractor

Getting into the ground last night on 17:59 - Aug 5 by blueden60

Yes you can. Two people in front of me, the ticket on their phone wasnt being recognised and they were getting a bit annoyed but when they eventually opened the turnstile for them , I went in using a print at home ticket without any problem


Sorry, I meant to say the new technology for tickets, ie the Google wallet.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

0
Getting into the ground last night on 18:10 - Aug 5 with 4266 viewsswede

Getting into the ground last night on 17:32 - Aug 5 by Deano69

Unfortunately it wont. Needs to be in a 'Wallet' a smartphone to be read electronically and not scanned. There are some special circumstances where you can appeal to see if you could use an alternative method. Last night they did offer a printed/scanned option but it is being withdrawn


Oh dear, no sooner do I understand a new technology, then an even newer one overtakes it! I have no idea what a "Google Wallet" or "NFC" is . I'm going to have to get my son to help me on that one.
Whoever said technology will make life easier?
3
Getting into the ground last night on 18:14 - Aug 5 with 4214 viewsBloomBlue

Getting into the ground last night on 17:36 - Aug 5 by redrickstuhaart

I do not and will not use "google wallet" or similar.

Oh well...


Ooohh come on. Google and Apple are Donald J Trump's hero, and we have to keep Trump happy.

I must admit I avoid using them for payments as both use that data and sell it. As I'm against the UK government introducing a digital ID, as we know it will be used eventually to track us, I'm also against American companies tracking me including where I spend money. But to be fair I know a lot of people are happy to be tracked by US Corporate capilist companies.
0
Getting into the ground last night on 18:15 - Aug 5 with 4202 viewsblueoutlook

Getting into the ground last night on 18:06 - Aug 5 by pedrail

Why not? It is a simple thing to do, and you don't need to use it for anything else other than your ticket. Many people add a card to their wallet and use it to make payments, but it's not required. If you prefer not, you can use the wallet solely for non-payment items.


I agree, Im not using one. Won’t put cards on my phone either. I’ve seen first hand how much damage that can do if it’s nicked.
1
Getting into the ground last night on 18:17 - Aug 5 with 4202 viewsxrayspecs

Worked perfectly fine, straight in, albeit was there early.

Bigger issue is that the new extension to the West Stand is surely not going to be completed in time for the first game of the season. Just 13000 to get into a stand with no turnstiles; nor walls nor sides to the extension, which is only partly roofed...
[Post edited 5 Aug 18:18]
0
Getting into the ground last night on 18:22 - Aug 5 with 4110 viewsDeano69

Getting into the ground last night on 18:10 - Aug 5 by swede

Oh dear, no sooner do I understand a new technology, then an even newer one overtakes it! I have no idea what a "Google Wallet" or "NFC" is . I'm going to have to get my son to help me on that one.
Whoever said technology will make life easier?


Not sure if this might be of use?

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/20

Poll: Best Tin of Chocolates

0
Getting into the ground last night on 18:27 - Aug 5 with 4046 viewsSitfcB

Getting into the ground last night on 18:08 - Aug 5 by Dubtractor

Sorry, I meant to say the new technology for tickets, ie the Google wallet.


You had a choice of either the NFC ones or QR codes, I went for the NFC to get practicing

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

1
Getting into the ground last night on 18:29 - Aug 5 with 4004 viewsswede

Getting into the ground last night on 18:22 - Aug 5 by Deano69

Not sure if this might be of use?

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/20


Sounds like what I need but I am not a aeason ticket holder. I get tickets via the ballot or Monday phone scramble.
0
Getting into the ground last night on 18:35 - Aug 5 with 3918 viewsDarkBrandon

Getting into the ground last night on 18:14 - Aug 5 by BloomBlue

Ooohh come on. Google and Apple are Donald J Trump's hero, and we have to keep Trump happy.

I must admit I avoid using them for payments as both use that data and sell it. As I'm against the UK government introducing a digital ID, as we know it will be used eventually to track us, I'm also against American companies tracking me including where I spend money. But to be fair I know a lot of people are happy to be tracked by US Corporate capilist companies.


Do you use supermarket loyalty cards? The data on those is much more valuable and is actively sold.

Edit: and I’ve been reading Apple’s TOCs, and there is no mention of them selling this information. Often they explicitly say they don’t even keep it. How did you come to this view?
[Post edited 5 Aug 18:46]
0
Getting into the ground last night on 19:26 - Aug 5 with 3549 viewsDeano69

Getting into the ground last night on 18:29 - Aug 5 by swede

Sounds like what I need but I am not a aeason ticket holder. I get tickets via the ballot or Monday phone scramble.


Ah, apologies, I missed that.

I believe they are being recorded with a view to having a video for those that do not attend.

Poll: Best Tin of Chocolates

0
Getting into the ground last night on 19:34 - Aug 5 with 3465 viewsMeadowlark

Getting into the ground last night on 18:14 - Aug 5 by BloomBlue

Ooohh come on. Google and Apple are Donald J Trump's hero, and we have to keep Trump happy.

I must admit I avoid using them for payments as both use that data and sell it. As I'm against the UK government introducing a digital ID, as we know it will be used eventually to track us, I'm also against American companies tracking me including where I spend money. But to be fair I know a lot of people are happy to be tracked by US Corporate capilist companies.


I think "happy" is overstating it.
0
Getting into the ground last night on 19:40 - Aug 5 with 3389 viewsSwansea_Blue

Getting into the ground last night on 17:36 - Aug 5 by redrickstuhaart

I do not and will not use "google wallet" or similar.

Oh well...


I’m happy to do it on you behalf. Gizza ticket! 🤣

Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026