Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
points from the next 3? 13:22 - Sep 7 with 2831 viewspositivity

(i know they're split by a massive international break, but they're all games where we have a realistic chance of getting something)

par for survival would be 4 points (DLW), but would love to get a point or 2 extra

bit of a shame that the 2 away games are first.

what do you reckon?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

1
points from the next 3? on 13:29 - Sep 7 with 2270 viewsdirtyboy

1 ppg 'should' be enough, but could be slightly higher this year, so staying on that trajectory should be the target.

Therefore, win one of the next three and we're on target imo, ie; we'll be there or thereabouts end of season.

Bag a draw in any of the next two and that's positive, but puts pressure on the home game.
1
points from the next 3? on 13:30 - Sep 7 with 2261 viewsunstableblue

Have mentioned a few times, that 4 is what we need. A draw and a win in there. Doesn’t matter in what sequence.

Might get some positivity back in members of this forum!

Build on the good things from Sunderland, first half at Old Trafford and second half against Liverpool.

I do think the the extended break before Fulham is a negative; as they’ll regroup and treat it as a reset of their season. I’m not sure they’ll get any points before then though. Dependent on which Liverpool or Man U turn up.

Poll: Building on NthQldITFC thread - If you had to choose, would you rather?

1
points from the next 3? on 13:30 - Sep 7 with 2260 viewsMetal_Hacker

4 would be a good haul , 5 would be superb , 6 YES PLEASE !

Poll: Which No.9 Would YOU Buy / Loan ?

1
points from the next 3? on 13:30 - Sep 7 with 2262 viewsBellevue_Blue

Just have to be aiming for a point a game IMO.

I really feel like we can win at least one of these three so I'd also predict 4 total. I might go with L,W,D
1
points from the next 3? on 13:30 - Sep 7 with 2261 viewsIllinoisblue

An international break that long is disgusting. The tyranny of UEFA/FIFA ruining the domestic calendar needs to end. Anyway, October looks MASSIVE for us… Fulham, Forest and Hull. Pivotal games right there.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

1
points from the next 3? on 13:32 - Sep 7 with 2237 viewspositivity

points from the next 3? on 13:29 - Sep 7 by dirtyboy

1 ppg 'should' be enough, but could be slightly higher this year, so staying on that trajectory should be the target.

Therefore, win one of the next three and we're on target imo, ie; we'll be there or thereabouts end of season.

Bag a draw in any of the next two and that's positive, but puts pressure on the home game.


they feel so much more winnable than the following one (away to man city), that it'd be very handy to get one ahead!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

0
points from the next 3? on 13:35 - Sep 7 with 2202 viewsSitfcB

points from the next 3? on 13:30 - Sep 7 by Illinoisblue

An international break that long is disgusting. The tyranny of UEFA/FIFA ruining the domestic calendar needs to end. Anyway, October looks MASSIVE for us… Fulham, Forest and Hull. Pivotal games right there.


Hmm, had they not done it though we’d have played 2 games (Sunderland, Man Utd) and now be in an International break.

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

1
points from the next 3? on 13:40 - Sep 7 with 2151 viewsTIB

Going into the season I felt Fulham and Palace were two games that were “must not lose” so I’d like to see a minimum 2 points from those, feel like Fulham at home offers a better chance of 3 though.

Everton away is always tough so not confident there. I think 3 would be a good haul and 4 great, we just need some positives to take on into those games against Forest and Hull away though.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

1
Login to get fewer ads

points from the next 3? on 13:42 - Sep 7 with 2134 viewsunstableblue

points from the next 3? on 13:30 - Sep 7 by Bellevue_Blue

Just have to be aiming for a point a game IMO.

I really feel like we can win at least one of these three so I'd also predict 4 total. I might go with L,W,D


Think the Palace game has become harder with their win and performance at Craven Cottage

But across these three games it’s a real test for the manager and new players to show they are at the level. I saw enough in our first three games to suggest we are.

I’m with you that the win might come at Everton

Poll: Building on NthQldITFC thread - If you had to choose, would you rather?

1
points from the next 3? on 13:43 - Sep 7 with 2130 viewsBluemike31

I can see 4 points from those Three fixtures and that would do very nicely.
1
points from the next 3? on 13:46 - Sep 7 with 2101 viewsBelsteadCav

5 points would be fantastic.

2 away draws and a home win.

I can’t see why that’s not possible, especially if we play like the first half against Man U

King of the board since 98
Poll: Which way do you swing?

2
points from the next 3? on 13:49 - Sep 7 with 2059 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

9.

Next question.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

3
points from the next 3? on 13:58 - Sep 7 with 1988 viewsjasondozzell

Will get a load of objections to this but I'm not too bothered about points. I want to see performances continue to develop as team knits. I think we've done well so far.

Obviously points will then follow.

If we can put the first half at United and the second half against Liverpool together I think we'll be in decent shape.
0
points from the next 3? on 14:00 - Sep 7 with 1970 viewsmuccletonjoe

I suspect we have a problem, the points from the next 3 games will prove how big the problem is or , indeed , if we have one at all. I wouldnt rule out anything at this stage from 0 to 9
0
points from the next 3? on 14:04 - Sep 7 with 1942 viewsdirtyboy

points from the next 3? on 13:58 - Sep 7 by jasondozzell

Will get a load of objections to this but I'm not too bothered about points. I want to see performances continue to develop as team knits. I think we've done well so far.

Obviously points will then follow.

If we can put the first half at United and the second half against Liverpool together I think we'll be in decent shape.


I've often said the same, but with the bottom half of the table expected to be close this year, I wonder if settling for performances early on may leave us short.

It's a 38 game season, not 46, those additional 8 games allow for performances to be built on, without them, you have to hit the ground running I think.

I don't feel anyone can deny that there have been plenty of positives in the three games.

Improvement needed of course.
2
points from the next 3? on 14:10 - Sep 7 with 1886 viewsBillywitch

I would like to think we can pick up 2 points from Palace and Everton, then Fulham is one (right now) that you'd say is a full focus on 3 points kinda game.

I look at Coventry losing to Hull at home, for me, that's where they've (already) gone down.

There are certain home games that are must wins. And I have Hull Coventry Fulham Palace Sunderland in that category for us
0
points from the next 3? on 14:11 - Sep 7 with 1879 viewshomer_123

Yes please, next question.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: Has Omari travelled?

1
points from the next 3? on 14:12 - Sep 7 with 1875 viewsBillywitch

points from the next 3? on 13:58 - Sep 7 by jasondozzell

Will get a load of objections to this but I'm not too bothered about points. I want to see performances continue to develop as team knits. I think we've done well so far.

Obviously points will then follow.

If we can put the first half at United and the second half against Liverpool together I think we'll be in decent shape.


Whilst that sounds very romantic, we dont want to find ourselves with a mountain to climb
2
points from the next 3? on 14:15 - Sep 7 with 1850 viewsjasondozzell

points from the next 3? on 14:04 - Sep 7 by dirtyboy

I've often said the same, but with the bottom half of the table expected to be close this year, I wonder if settling for performances early on may leave us short.

It's a 38 game season, not 46, those additional 8 games allow for performances to be built on, without them, you have to hit the ground running I think.

I don't feel anyone can deny that there have been plenty of positives in the three games.

Improvement needed of course.


It's a fair point (pun intended!)

I suppose we do need at least 3 from these three games just to make sure we're not cut adrift even at this early stage.

But points at this stage don't mean much. Hull aren't going to finish in top 3.

It's all about if this. Team can perform at a level that means we're competitive.

I really like what I've seen. I think we'll be mid table.

The players have barely had time to learn each other's names. But we look a team already.
0
points from the next 3? on 14:49 - Sep 7 with 1734 viewsBillywitch

points from the next 3? on 14:15 - Sep 7 by jasondozzell

It's a fair point (pun intended!)

I suppose we do need at least 3 from these three games just to make sure we're not cut adrift even at this early stage.

But points at this stage don't mean much. Hull aren't going to finish in top 3.

It's all about if this. Team can perform at a level that means we're competitive.

I really like what I've seen. I think we'll be mid table.

The players have barely had time to learn each other's names. But we look a team already.


"But points at this stage don't mean much"

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more if I tried.
As the poster mentioned, its a 38 game season, not afforded the 46 you get in the championship. Every single point in the PL for a team looking to stay up is critical.
1
points from the next 3? on 15:01 - Sep 7 with 1693 viewsjasondozzell

points from the next 3? on 14:49 - Sep 7 by Billywitch

"But points at this stage don't mean much"

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more if I tried.
As the poster mentioned, its a 38 game season, not afforded the 46 you get in the championship. Every single point in the PL for a team looking to stay up is critical.


I see your point but we could fluke one or two of these games, hugely outperform xG and all that palaver, and be very happy with 6 points. But it might mean we go down.

38 games is a lot still. To stay up we will need to consistently perform well. That's what is key.

The sooner we get the team playing well and fitting together the better.
0
points from the next 3? on 15:11 - Sep 7 with 1652 viewsbsw72

Minimum 3 for the home win as home form is critical this season, if we can then take 1-3 for an away draw or even snatch an away win would be huge.

To have at least 6 point from first 18 including 2 home wins from 3 is a good basis, anything up from there is a bonus. Got to target minimum 8 home wins, but ideally 10.
2
points from the next 3? on 15:11 - Sep 7 with 1647 viewsIllinoisblue

points from the next 3? on 13:35 - Sep 7 by SitfcB

Hmm, had they not done it though we’d have played 2 games (Sunderland, Man Utd) and now be in an International break.


The world’s best leagues all come to a halt so the candlestick makers of Andorra can play the bakers of Malta in the Nations League.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

4
points from the next 3? on 15:25 - Sep 7 with 1570 viewsjasondozzell

points from the next 3? on 15:11 - Sep 7 by Illinoisblue

The world’s best leagues all come to a halt so the candlestick makers of Andorra can play the bakers of Malta in the Nations League.


Read that in Peter Drury's commentary voice 😅😅
2
points from the next 3? on 15:30 - Sep 7 with 1545 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Less than 3 bad
3 is ok keeps PPG after 6 (but I’d say not great as 4 of them would be against teams we are targeting)
4 is alright
5 good
6 excellent
Anything more is superb

Could be a massive a chance to get 2 wins if we can nick one of the away games as I fancy us against Fulham at home.

Poll: Ok gut feeling then, promotion?

2
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026