Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore 14:35 - Sep 16 with 1486 viewsAlpineBlue

Can we beat this one? https://youtube.com/shorts/1iV

Only including players I've watched : John Wark, Mick Stockwell, Marcus Stewart, Fabian Wilnis

All time: John Wark, Kevin Beattie, Paul Mariner, Eric Gates
0
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 14:53 - Sep 16 with 1403 viewshoppy

You could've included a warning that the link was a yellow and green vomit inducing video.

He'd got a typo on his captions though, I noticed. When he was talking about Grant Holt, it said in the caption about him being a 'cult' hero of theirs...

Surprised he didn't include Núñez too.

Mine would have Arnold Muhren, John Wark, Paul Mariner and Jay Tabb.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

6
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 15:00 - Sep 16 with 1379 viewsnorfsufblue

Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 14:53 - Sep 16 by hoppy

You could've included a warning that the link was a yellow and green vomit inducing video.

He'd got a typo on his captions though, I noticed. When he was talking about Grant Holt, it said in the caption about him being a 'cult' hero of theirs...

Surprised he didn't include Núñez too.

Mine would have Arnold Muhren, John Wark, Paul Mariner and Jay Tabb.


John Cobbold, Sir Alf, Sir Bob, George Burley, Keiran, and Kevin Beattie
1
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 15:03 - Sep 16 with 1368 viewsunstableblue

Mogga, Holland, Magilton, Stewart


On a related note I wonder who our next bronze will be - hopefully with the same artist
In some ways I’d like it to be a group from that incredible 81 team. Muhren, Thijssen, Butcher, Mariner. But that means leaving out so many players of incredible quality.

Poll: Building on NthQldITFC thread - If you had to choose, would you rather?

1
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 15:03 - Sep 16 with 1367 viewsSE1blue

His Mount Rushmore has 4 players who have never won anything.

Like listing 4 fast food meals in the best dinners you’ve ever had.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

2
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 15:39 - Sep 16 with 1270 viewsVaughan8

That Norwich one is appalling. Is that really the best they can do? That's a very "In the last 15 years" selection.
1
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 15:45 - Sep 16 with 1248 viewshoppy

Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 15:39 - Sep 16 by Vaughan8

That Norwich one is appalling. Is that really the best they can do? That's a very "In the last 15 years" selection.


It's almost like they have no history, isn't it?


Oh...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

7
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 15:51 - Sep 16 with 1225 viewshype313

Ray Crawford has to be in the discussion given his goals for game ratio and title winning credentials.

Poll: Should Muric be dropped?

1
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 16:02 - Sep 16 with 1186 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Eric Gates? Not Mick Mille or George Burley or Terry Butcher?

I'd put Arnold Muhren, Frans Thinssen and Paul Cooper above Gates as Club legends, from the SBR era, as well. Probably Allan Hunter and Roger Osborne, too.

And Russell Osman, Alan Brazil, Brian Talbot and possibly Steve McCall, who went on to roles at the club after his playing career, are at least equal to Gates.

Then there are the managers who won trophies: Sir Alf and Sir Bobby.

I can't comment on Sir Alf's team, as it is before my time, but there should be at least one representative in a Town player Mount Rushmore.

I think Sir Alf, Sir Bobby, John Wark and George Burley would have to be the four for total contributions to the Club.

I still think John Wark is Town's greatest ever player in my lifetime. His stats in terms of trophies, goals from midfield, and then longevity and appearances, surpass Beattie's injury hit total output.
1
Login to get fewer ads

Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 16:13 - Sep 16 with 1146 viewsChurchman

Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 14:53 - Sep 16 by hoppy

You could've included a warning that the link was a yellow and green vomit inducing video.

He'd got a typo on his captions though, I noticed. When he was talking about Grant Holt, it said in the caption about him being a 'cult' hero of theirs...

Surprised he didn't include Núñez too.

Mine would have Arnold Muhren, John Wark, Paul Mariner and Jay Tabb.


You get two for the price of one as Tabby is only the size of the gnome in my garden. I’ll throw in Eric Gates for you.

My four?

Paul Mariner, Kevin Beattie, John Wark, Mick Mills

If I was to include players I was too young to appreciate, I’d substitute Mills for Ray Crawford.

Looking at that sorry idiot from Dribble Norwich City’s selection, I can think of about 100 ITFC players straight off that come before them. I’m surprised he didn’t select Nunez………
1
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 17:07 - Sep 16 with 1057 viewsIndependentlyBlue

Danny Hegan, Ray Crawford, Kevin Beattie, John Wark

Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

1
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 18:46 - Sep 16 with 933 viewsAlpineBlue

Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 15:45 - Sep 16 by hoppy

It's almost like they have no history, isn't it?


Oh...


It is appalling but to be fair, Bryan Gunn, Chris Sutton, Jeremy Goss, Robert Fleck and Craig Bellamy should all be ahead of hus selections. But yeh, not a patch on ours.
0
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 18:48 - Sep 16 with 928 viewsAlpineBlue

Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 16:02 - Sep 16 by ArnoldMoorhen

Eric Gates? Not Mick Mille or George Burley or Terry Butcher?

I'd put Arnold Muhren, Frans Thinssen and Paul Cooper above Gates as Club legends, from the SBR era, as well. Probably Allan Hunter and Roger Osborne, too.

And Russell Osman, Alan Brazil, Brian Talbot and possibly Steve McCall, who went on to roles at the club after his playing career, are at least equal to Gates.

Then there are the managers who won trophies: Sir Alf and Sir Bobby.

I can't comment on Sir Alf's team, as it is before my time, but there should be at least one representative in a Town player Mount Rushmore.

I think Sir Alf, Sir Bobby, John Wark and George Burley would have to be the four for total contributions to the Club.

I still think John Wark is Town's greatest ever player in my lifetime. His stats in terms of trophies, goals from midfield, and then longevity and appearances, surpass Beattie's injury hit total output.


My first game was Ipswich 5 Portsmouth 2 in 1992, so that team was way before my time, so I'm going off YouTube highlights and chats I remember my dad and his mates having on matchdays.
0
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 19:02 - Sep 16 with 906 viewsarmchaircritic59

Going back as far into the mists of history as I do, Mine are: Ray Crawford, Johnny Wark, Frans Thyssen and Kevin Beattie. My god a team containing those four would give the Arsenal first 11 something to think about, never mind their second!
1
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 19:33 - Sep 16 with 868 viewsNthQldITFC

Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 18:46 - Sep 16 by AlpineBlue

It is appalling but to be fair, Bryan Gunn, Chris Sutton, Jeremy Goss, Robert Fleck and Craig Bellamy should all be ahead of hus selections. But yeh, not a patch on ours.


If Bryan Gunn is on it, the mountain could be modelled to resemble a nice divot from 90s Portman Road, complete with grass and budgie tears.

Good work by Philogene...... GREAT WORK BY PHILOGENE!!!
Poll: How would you feel about a UK Identity Card?

2
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 06:35 - Sep 17 with 689 viewsBattersea_Blue

For me there would have to be 2, one of managers and one of players

The 4 managers would be Sir Alf, Sir Bobby, George and Kieran

I think to be fair the players over the years it needs to be 6 - Crawford, Phillips, Mills, Beattie, Wark and Mariner

If we could squeeze 7 I'd add Butch
0
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 09:07 - Sep 17 with 611 viewsmuccletonjoe

I would have central defenders
Beattie, Hunter, Butcher, Osman
1
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 09:09 - Sep 17 with 610 viewsSwansea_Blue

Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 14:53 - Sep 16 by hoppy

You could've included a warning that the link was a yellow and green vomit inducing video.

He'd got a typo on his captions though, I noticed. When he was talking about Grant Holt, it said in the caption about him being a 'cult' hero of theirs...

Surprised he didn't include Núñez too.

Mine would have Arnold Muhren, John Wark, Paul Mariner and Jay Tabb.



Poll: Escaped Goat of the day. Who’s it going to be?

1
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 09:35 - Sep 17 with 572 viewsChurchman

Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 18:48 - Sep 16 by AlpineBlue

My first game was Ipswich 5 Portsmouth 2 in 1992, so that team was way before my time, so I'm going off YouTube highlights and chats I remember my dad and his mates having on matchdays.


Lucky you. What a terrific first match! It was at the time of the Liverpool cup games and it was at this time I knew we’d get promoted. Really entertaining game, that.

Frans Thijssen doesn’t get much of a mention. Nor does Mickey Stockwell, Jason Dozzell, Mauricio Taricco, Colin Viljoen, David Johnson x2, Matt Holland, Marcus Stewart, Billy Baxter, Ted Phillips, Jimmy Leadbetter, Derek Jefferson (ahem, he might have been a leg breaker but he was fun to watch!), Brian Talbot, Clive Woods, Jim Magilton ….

The list of those is a lot better than the tripe Norwich’s own Beaker from the Muppet Show named is limitless.
[Post edited 17 Sep 9:50]
1
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 11:57 - Sep 17 with 489 viewshoppy

Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 09:35 - Sep 17 by Churchman

Lucky you. What a terrific first match! It was at the time of the Liverpool cup games and it was at this time I knew we’d get promoted. Really entertaining game, that.

Frans Thijssen doesn’t get much of a mention. Nor does Mickey Stockwell, Jason Dozzell, Mauricio Taricco, Colin Viljoen, David Johnson x2, Matt Holland, Marcus Stewart, Billy Baxter, Ted Phillips, Jimmy Leadbetter, Derek Jefferson (ahem, he might have been a leg breaker but he was fun to watch!), Brian Talbot, Clive Woods, Jim Magilton ….

The list of those is a lot better than the tripe Norwich’s own Beaker from the Muppet Show named is limitless.
[Post edited 17 Sep 9:50]


But he doesn’t have much of a pool of players to choose from… a bit like their family gene pool…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

0
Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 12:09 - Sep 17 with 471 viewsChurchman

Your Ipswich Town Mount Rushmore on 11:57 - Sep 17 by hoppy

But he doesn’t have much of a pool of players to choose from… a bit like their family gene pool…


It’s more of a fetid puddle like you get under the bin after a rain shower than a pool of players.

I’m surprised Beaker didn’t have Duncan Forbes, Martin Peters, Kevin Keelan, Colin Suggett and Terry Alcock on his list, but maybe he’s never heard of them.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026