Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've been on the planet for 45 yrs 10:17 - Apr 16 with 3535 viewsfergalsharkey

And think I would be right in saying that this club has never been in such a mess during that time.

Even when we went in to admin we had a plan but at present it feels as though not being relegated is a triumph.

Plan for next season=spend nothing , finish 19th , pay MM 1 million£.

Eeeeeeeeeeeee pie.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2017 10:18]

Poll: Cook out?

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 10:41 - Apr 16 with 2991 viewsbluefunk

So, the post Robson years, when we sold off the best team we have ever had and went into slow decline, resulting in relegation from the Premier league in 96 and then again in 2002, administration when the plan you refer to was to sell anyone worth anything and hope to survive, the Royle years when we were being hawked around to anyone with cash to spend, all those seasons when we were selling players to make ends meet (Taricco, Dyer, etc), the disaster that were the Keane years, when we either sold or allowed to go for a pittance a bunch of players who went on to be Premier League regulars, the Jewell years when... Well who knows wtf was going on......

and now is the worst - not really
I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 10:55 - Apr 16 with 2951 viewslowhouseblue

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 10:41 - Apr 16 by bluefunk

So, the post Robson years, when we sold off the best team we have ever had and went into slow decline, resulting in relegation from the Premier league in 96 and then again in 2002, administration when the plan you refer to was to sell anyone worth anything and hope to survive, the Royle years when we were being hawked around to anyone with cash to spend, all those seasons when we were selling players to make ends meet (Taricco, Dyer, etc), the disaster that were the Keane years, when we either sold or allowed to go for a pittance a bunch of players who went on to be Premier League regulars, the Jewell years when... Well who knows wtf was going on......

yeah but it's all been good fun though hasn't it.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:04 - Apr 16 with 2917 viewsartsbossbeard

You okay, hun xx?

Sending hugs.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:06 - Apr 16 with 2908 viewsbluefunk

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 10:55 - Apr 16 by lowhouseblue

yeah but it's all been good fun though hasn't it.

Indeed it has
I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:10 - Apr 16 with 2872 viewsBenters

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:04 - Apr 16 by artsbossbeard

You okay, hun xx?

Sending hugs.

Is this the standard reply from you now Beardy ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:11 - Apr 16 with 2869 viewsartsbossbeard

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:10 - Apr 16 by Benters

I save it for the attention seeking simpletons.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:12 - Apr 16 with 2866 viewsRyorry

Well at least it makes a change from your "indeed" ! xx

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:12 - Apr 16 with 2861 viewsartsbossbeard

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:12 - Apr 16 by Ryorry

THIS

Login to get fewer ads

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:14 - Apr 16 with 2837 viewsBenters

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:11 - Apr 16 by artsbossbeard

I save it for the attention seeking simpletons.

Nice one

Gentlybentley

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:14 - Apr 16 with 2844 viewsRyorry

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:12 - Apr 16 by artsbossbeard

THIS

BELIEVE!

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:16 - Apr 16 with 2815 viewsBenters

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:12 - Apr 16 by Ryorry

This.

Gentlybentley

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:18 - Apr 16 with 2813 viewsNewcyBlue

To be fair it does make me chuckle. I have no idea what ABB looks like, but I imagine him with fat hairy fingers ,swearing at his phone as he makes spelling mistakes trying to type it out. Then let out a huge laugh in satisfaction when it posts.

Sorry ABB I am sure your fingers are as slender as the next man...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:20 - Apr 16 with 2794 viewsRyorry

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:16 - Apr 16 by Benters

This.

Coffee?

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 12:18 - Apr 16 with 2677 viewsBenters

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:18 - Apr 16 by NewcyBlue

To be fair it does make me chuckle. I have no idea what ABB looks like, but I imagine him with fat hairy fingers ,swearing at his phone as he makes spelling mistakes trying to type it out. Then let out a huge laugh in satisfaction when it posts.

Sorry ABB I am sure your fingers are as slender as the next man...

Beardy is a dainty little fellow,also a cyclist (sort of) so he is a good egg

Gentlybentley

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 12:22 - Apr 16 with 2667 viewsjeera

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:14 - Apr 16 by Ryorry

BELIEVE!

Yay!

Balls.

Agreed.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 12:25 - Apr 16 with 2651 viewsBenters

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 11:20 - Apr 16 by Ryorry

Coffee?

Nah red wine today !

Gentlybentley

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 12:32 - Apr 16 with 2638 viewsRyorry

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 12:25 - Apr 16 by Benters

Nah red wine today !

Lucky you! You can give the glass you would have offered to me to Jeera instead :)

Just a bit of light rain here today, wish it would pour a proper deluge & get it out of the way.

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 12:35 - Apr 16 with 2617 viewsBenters

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 12:32 - Apr 16 by Ryorry

Lucky you! You can give the glass you would have offered to me to Jeera instead :)

Just a bit of light rain here today, wish it would pour a proper deluge & get it out of the way.

Id rather give it to my dead Gran to be honest .

Bloody weather forecast was miles out,its been as dry as a nuns tuppence today so far !

Gentlybentley

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 12:38 - Apr 16 with 2616 viewsSuperfrans

Cheer yourself up playing your favourite 45s.

Do agree though. I had a big birthday a couple of months ago (hint: I was born just before Sir Bobby took over] and felt the same.

Watching the team over the years though has at least given me the comfort that I've seen some great times. They will never be back again, not at the same heights, but I have seen them. Once you accept that, it will be better.

Fact is, we're just below our natural position in the league ladder. Sometimes we'll drop below that, sometimes we'll finish above it - great performance means promotion and a season or two in the top tier, terrible performance will mean relegation.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Where were you before? on 13:18 - Apr 16 with 2540 viewsSwansea_Blue

nft

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 15:00 - Apr 16 with 2455 views3_5_2

Apart from that it has been all good

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 16:22 - Apr 16 with 2361 viewsfactual_blue

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 12:22 - Apr 16 by jeera

Yay!

Balls.

Agreed.

RULE BRITANNIA.

Thank you and good night.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 17:13 - Apr 16 with 2303 viewsBluedandy

End of this year marks the 10th anniversary since the Evans takeover ... we have spent that entire period in the second division and in that time have managed only one top six finish.

No other era since 1950s comes close in terms of consistent lack of achievement in the league.

The sale of Dyer financed promotion with a string of buys including two million on Marcus Stewart.

Forward wind 14 years and all we could afford half way through our play off season was 100K on Freddie Sears.

Is that your idea of progress?
I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 17:26 - Apr 16 with 2286 viewstextbackup

Evans Milne and mick, that's all there is to say.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I've been on the planet for 45 yrs on 19:07 - Apr 16 with 2221 viewsLeoMuff

Well you would be wrong, did you hibernate for the Keane/Jewell era ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024