Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the feel good factor coming back? 17:09 - Jul 7 with 6320 viewskizaitfc

Or is it all pre-season hype that sadly dwindles when the season starts?

Few good signings, few branches by the club to the fans, still a lot more needed but I certainly feel better about the club then i did in May.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 17:23 - Jul 7 with 6289 viewsBenters

Sadly we still have the same manager.

End of.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 17:26 - Jul 7 with 6281 viewsIllinoisblue

definitely some positive PR moves as well as some early transfer business have helped lift the gloom. But... top six still seems a long way away.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 17:35 - Jul 7 with 6262 viewsBenters

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 17:26 - Jul 7 by Illinoisblue

definitely some positive PR moves as well as some early transfer business have helped lift the gloom. But... top six still seems a long way away.

Anything above 16th must be seen as progress that sort of thing?

Gentlybentley

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 17:56 - Jul 7 with 6212 viewsjpring89

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 17:23 - Jul 7 by Benters

End of.

You love him really.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 18:05 - Jul 7 with 6197 viewsBenters

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 17:56 - Jul 7 by jpring89

You love him really.

balls

Gentlybentley

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 18:19 - Jul 7 with 6178 viewsIllinoisblue

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 17:35 - Jul 7 by Benters

Anything above 16th must be seen as progress that sort of thing?

we get into the top half and you'll be running back to Portman Rd with your scarf and your rattle and your big rosette.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 18:36 - Jul 7 with 6153 viewsFixed_It

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 18:19 - Jul 7 by Illinoisblue

we get into the top half and you'll be running back to Portman Rd with your scarf and your rattle and your big rosette.

Well, maybe not 'running'...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 18:37 - Jul 7 with 6150 viewsEastTownBlue

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 18:19 - Jul 7 by Illinoisblue

Benters' scarf hasn't been seen since QPR a couple of years back.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 19:11 - Jul 7 with 6113 viewsJohnny_Boy

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 17:23 - Jul 7 by Benters

End of.

Well, I do think there is some pressure on him this season for drastic improvement.
Hopefully that's a good thing.
Is the feel good factor coming back? on 19:20 - Jul 7 with 6099 viewsjpring89

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 18:05 - Jul 7 by Benters

balls

If Mick the Messiah got us promoted. Would you attend the inevitable open top bus parade and applaude his undoubted excellence ?

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 19:27 - Jul 7 with 6080 viewsBogblue

I think we'll know come the first game of the season, we'll have a feel for things after that
Is the feel good factor coming back? on 19:36 - Jul 7 with 6060 viewsSwansea_Blue

The summer is always a time to wonder if this season could be our year. Not playing also helps improve expectations.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 19:48 - Jul 7 with 6043 viewsWestSussexBlue

Every club has a feel good factor at this stage, new hope and optimism, Well except Rangers.
We've made some solid if unspectacular signings which is good.
However without trying to sound downbeat these player's might just make us a top 12 side again bearing in mind we've had insufficient investment for a few seasons and are likely to be playing catch up to most clubs.
Will MM get the best out of the new recruits? Will he try a more offensive approach, particularly in winnable away games?
I'm hoping the feel good factor is really evident after the first 6-8 games.
Is the feel good factor coming back? on 20:20 - Jul 7 with 5996 viewsFtnfwest

No
Is the feel good factor coming back? on 20:37 - Jul 7 with 5970 viewsBluesquid

Will Mick get our offensive and creative players to sit too deep in order to compensate a weak and shaky defence/defensive midfield?

We'll have to see...
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 20:40]
Is the feel good factor coming back? on 20:46 - Jul 7 with 5935 viewswkj

The sting of last season lingers in the air, but there is absolutely nothing to gain by dwelling on it - I doubt Mick will stay on beyond this year, even (especially if) we do well, so - the pre season hype is here to make the best of things

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 21:41 - Jul 7 with 5863 viewsHarryfromBath

I'm still wary of our prospects after the back end of last season. The squad building has been worse in previous summers and there seems to be some logic around the shape of the wider squad, so that's some sort of positive.

We will know better as the pre-season friendlies start to play out. If Mick sets the team out with some sense of a plan - preferably 4-4-2 and a well-defined style of play - and doesn't start randomly altering formations again, that will also be a positive.

Finally, if we don't decide to sell one of our most vital players two days before the transfer deadline window, that will be also be a positive. A bit cynical, maybe, but let's see where we get to.

Don't trust your feelings at this time of year. A Wolves-supporting mate - who has normally been as gloomy as they come in recent years - had a manic look of delirium this morning at the prospect of their signing Ruben Neves from Porto. "This could be our year - I feel it all falling into place." Indeed.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 21:58 - Jul 7 with 5828 viewsPendejo

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 21:41 - Jul 7 by HarryfromBath

I'm still wary of our prospects after the back end of last season. The squad building has been worse in previous summers and there seems to be some logic around the shape of the wider squad, so that's some sort of positive.

We will know better as the pre-season friendlies start to play out. If Mick sets the team out with some sense of a plan - preferably 4-4-2 and a well-defined style of play - and doesn't start randomly altering formations again, that will also be a positive.

Finally, if we don't decide to sell one of our most vital players two days before the transfer deadline window, that will be also be a positive. A bit cynical, maybe, but let's see where we get to.

Don't trust your feelings at this time of year. A Wolves-supporting mate - who has normally been as gloomy as they come in recent years - had a manic look of delirium this morning at the prospect of their signing Ruben Neves from Porto. "This could be our year - I feel it all falling into place." Indeed.

Relegation for them then?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 22:13 - Jul 7 with 5802 viewsFootballpete

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 21:58 - Jul 7 by Pendejo

Relegation for them then?

I'm just fed up with football generally. We've signed a player for £1 million and it's seen as peanuts, in the second tier. John Terry will be on 60k in the second tier! It's not a competition anymore it's just a knob waving contest for people with more money than sense. Whilst grass roots football still have sub standard facilities and we're told there's an obesity crisis the whole game seems obscene.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 23:13 - Jul 7 with 5733 viewswkj

Surely Wolves must be in a position now that if they don't go up, they will be facing the wrath (or farce) of the EFL?

Ivan Cavaleiro - 7m Last summer
Helder Costa - 13m Last Winter
Ruben Neves - Potentially 15.8m if signed

There surely is no way a champ squad can afford those transfer fees and wages while being FFP compliant
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 11:09]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 05:44 - Jul 8 with 5636 viewsBenters

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 19:11 - Jul 7 by Johnny_Boy

Well, I do think there is some pressure on him this season for drastic improvement.
Hopefully that's a good thing.

After last seasons hash up im not surprised !

Gentlybentley

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 07:09 - Jul 8 with 5604 viewsdavblue

That's the trouble with some football fans, any signing is good and that's it.

Even with our signings so far I don't see us getting near the play offs. I think the midfield signings have been pretty decent but I don't see Garner getting a lot of goals so for me that issue till stands.

The big question is Mck going to ease the handbrake slightly because in the last eighteen months we haven't tested the keeper enough.

Still lots to do imo.
Is the feel good factor coming back? on 10:31 - Jul 8 with 5510 viewstractorboy1978

Is the feel good factor coming back? on 07:09 - Jul 8 by davblue

That's the trouble with some football fans, any signing is good and that's it.

Even with our signings so far I don't see us getting near the play offs. I think the midfield signings have been pretty decent but I don't see Garner getting a lot of goals so for me that issue till stands.

The big question is Mck going to ease the handbrake slightly because in the last eighteen months we haven't tested the keeper enough.

Still lots to do imo.

Totally agree regarding your first point and that's evidenced by the fact some seem keen for Dominic Samuel to return.

I personally think we've done well so far this window but all of the players come with their own question marks and as usual we are relying on Mick being able to get the best out of players that have not consistently proven themselves elsewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024